• 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by American Dragon (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

 
 
 
                                                                                                           VS
 





 
 
no prep


 
Location :  Metropolis
 


   
 
 
Blood Lust !!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                                Who Wins This ???
#2 Posted by Green Skin (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta go with Havok.  He can fly, create force shields, and has a much higher energy output than Gambit does.  The only thing Gambit has the edge on is agilitiy, and h2h.

#3 Posted by Galactusischere (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Summers.

#4 Posted by Power NeXus (9849 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok, easily

#5 Posted by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:
" Havok, easily "
#6 Posted by Renee (10265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" Havok, easily "
"
#7 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" Havok, easily "
"
@Renee said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" Havok, easily "
"
"
fixed
#8 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok, one question....why  Metropolis.?

#9 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit. 
 
Havok's force fields last like...a second and he can't fly unless he's wearing a jetpack which isn't standard equipment for Havok. 
 
His max power output is higher than Gambit's but both characters have more than enough firepower to one shot the other so the power difference is totally moot. 
 
You know what isn't moot?  Gambit being a lot faster, a lot stealthier, a lot better at dodging and a lot better in hand to hand.
#10 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Havok can fly without a jetpack, if he concentrates the energy within him to his lower extremities, he can fly at short-bursts, like Cannonball, but not for a prolonged amount of time.  Gambit may be better at H2H, but Havok radiates energy like no other, I doubt Gambit would get a chance to get up and close before getting fried.
#11 Posted by Quntumking (215 posts) - - Show Bio

HAVOK!

#12 Posted by crabtree (1613 posts) - - Show Bio
@Quntumking said:
" HAVOK! "

#13 Posted by xD34DP001x (234 posts) - - Show Bio

GAMBIT, Bloody Curbstomp.

#14 Posted by American Dragon (1144 posts) - - Show Bio
@jojjimbo said:
" Havok, one question....why  Metropolis.? "
Figured it`d be different
 
I usually like basing my Battles out of NYC so figured i`d change it up a little
 
and then dear sir I shall ask you Why Not ???     : )
#15 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio
@American Dragon: Because......you know that the meddling blue boyscout in tights will intervene and stop the fight? he thinks he owns the city or something. ;-P
#16 Posted by American Dragon (1144 posts) - - Show Bio
@jojjimbo said:
" @American Dragon: Because......you know that the meddling blue boyscout in tights will intervene and stop the fight? he thinks he owns the city or something. ;-P "
Well you know, Someone has to Police these two in this one, so no innocent bystanders or Lois Lane get hurt : )
#17 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio
@American Dragon: lol.
#18 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:

"Actually, Havok can fly without a jetpack, if he concentrates the energy within him to his lower extremities, he can fly at short-bursts, like Cannonball, but not for a prolonged amount of time."


Cannonball can hover and change directions in midair quickly.  Havok can only propel himself.  He can barely control it.  That isn't flying.  It's launching and then falling. 
 
Havok flies like Wolverine flies when Colossus throws him.
#19 Posted by Sexy Merc (41971 posts) - - Show Bio
@jojjimbo said:
" Because......you know that the meddling blue boyscout in tights will intervene and stop the fight? he thinks he owns the city or something. ;-P "
He runs Metropolis.
#20 Posted by Power NeXus (9849 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" Havok, easily "
"
@Renee said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" Havok, easily "
"
"
fixed "

Lol fail. You didn't 'fix' anything.
#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus: I think he's saying the fight is fixed. He did the same thing in another thread.
#22 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're both just bad at quotting.
#23 Posted by Power NeXus (9849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Power NeXus: I think he's saying the fight is fixed. He did the same thing in another thread. "

Ooooh gotcha. Usually when someone says that, it's when they quote somebody's post, but alter it.
#24 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:

" @jojjimbo said:

" Because......you know that the meddling blue boyscout in tights will intervene and stop the fight? he thinks he owns the city or something. ;-P "
He runs Metropolis. "
 true dat true dat, that's his hood.... that's super m.a.n nizzle turff lol =)
#25 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

 I'm going with Havok. He'll just hit Gambit with a huge amount of energy, which Gambit will only be able to avoid for a very limited amount of time. Havok can simply disintegrate/melt/burn anything Gambit throws at him before it gets anywhere near him. He can also just bury Gambit in rubble. Gambit's best bet to win this fight is to get in close, and even that is inadvisable against Havok, who can radiate energy in all directions.

#26 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Why a very limited amount of time?  He's got tons of skyscrapers to use for cover.
#27 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Why a very limited amount of time?  He's got tons of skyscrapers to use for cover. "
Those skyscrapers are going to get decimated by huge energy blasts, turning them into falling rubble and debris. Hell, Havok can unleash energy on a level that Gambit might be unable to dodge at all.
#28 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, if he absorbed a sun first. 
 
(This is also another reason I hate bloodlusted battles.  Because Gambit would beat Havok in the comics in a city.  Here?  People say Havok's gonna demolish buildings, killing hundreds.)
#29 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Yeah, if he absorbed a sun first.  (This is also another reason I hate bloodlusted battles.  Because Gambit would beat Havok in the comics in a city.  Here?  People say Havok's gonna demolish buildings, killing hundreds.) "
He doesn't need to absorb a sun first. Havok has always been capable of destruction on a pretty massive scale. As for bloodlust, I can't really do anything about that, it's how the battle is set up. Gambit might be able to beat Havok in comics in a city. There are way too many factors there, including writers, to say what would happen in a comic. As for Havok killing hundreds, the OP doesn't specify whether Metropolis is inhabited or not, so saying he would kill hundreds is just an assumption. One I didn't make.
#30 Edited by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok wins easily..I think he would win even if their was no bloodlust it would just take longer.Taking away bloodlust would also decrease Gambit's options as well as Havok's.

Moderator
#31 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Gambit blowing up buildings for any reason here.  They help him.
#32 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit.  This is a city so he can always dip into an alley if things get to rough.  This isnt a clear area where they see each other this is a corwded place with building and people and Gambit who was once apart of the Theives guild would know how to make use of that.
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" I don't see Gambit blowing up buildings for any reason here.
What about Havok though?
Moderator
#34 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit could blow up a building given enough time to actually charge up the building
#35 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Zoom said:
" I don't see Gambit blowing up buildings for any reason here.
What about Havok though? "

I'm just saying that taking away bloodlusted doesn't decrease Gambit's options. 
 
 
Sure, Havok can blow up buildings left and right but I don't think that'll stop Gambit from getting away and once they can't see each other, I think Gambit is a lot more likely to get a KO on Havok than vice versa because Havok isn't very stealthy.
#36 Posted by MrRagePants (842 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok is always in a state of absorbing energy (Sun, Radiation, Heat, etc). 
 
I vote for Havok, just because his mutant power is far greater than Gambit and I doubt he'll give Gambit an opportunity to close the gap for him to get in range for H2H. I am not undermining Gambit's mutant power, but Havok is a beast. Gambit (no Death or New Son/Sun) is toned down from his real capabilities.
 
Havok 6/10. Not a curb stomp as most people say because the Cajun is cunning, specially with all these buildings around.

#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
I'm just saying that taking away bloodlusted doesn't decrease Gambit's options.   Sure, Havok can blow up buildings left and right but I don't think that'll stop Gambit from getting away and once they can't see each other, I think Gambit is a lot more likely to get a KO on Havok than vice versa because Havok isn't very stealthy. "
Sure it does because it limits what he can do with his cards.Gambit's stealth isn't that good in a bloodlust situation Havok can fire on him all day until he hits the target.Gambit isn't that fast nor is he that agile or stealthy to avoid it long enough to do anything.
Moderator
#38 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit isn't gonna take a run at Havok.  He's gonna run away and try to ambush him since Havok will go down to one kinetic card/staff hit. 
 
Its just a matter of making sure it hits when Havok isn't ready for it so that he doesn't nuke the cards or bring up his temporary force field.
#39 Posted by charlieboy (7094 posts) - - Show Bio

i think alex would fry remy.
#40 Posted by Edamame (28356 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok's power levels exceed Gambit's power levels.

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Gambit isn't gonna take a run at Havok.  He's gonna run away and try to ambush him since Havok will go down to one kinetic card/staff hit.  Its just a matter of making sure it hits when Havok isn't ready for it so that he doesn't nuke the cards or bring up his temporary force field. "
Running away isn't going to help him either.He's not that fast.
Moderator
#42 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Zoom said:
" Gambit isn't gonna take a run at Havok.  He's gonna run away and try to ambush him since Havok will go down to one kinetic card/staff hit.  Its just a matter of making sure it hits when Havok isn't ready for it so that he doesn't nuke the cards or bring up his temporary force field. "
Running away isn't going to help him either.He's not that fast. "

Significantly faster than Havok.  Besides, how fast does he have to be?  In Metropolis, you never seem to be more than a few yards from an alleyway.
#43 Edited by American Dragon (1144 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:

" Yeah, if he absorbed a sun first.  (This is also another reason I hate bloodlusted battles.  Because Gambit would beat Havok in the comics in a city.  Here?  People say Havok's gonna demolish buildings, killing hundreds.) "

Well sorry you hate blood lusted, but I put that there so both are not limited to what they can do, it`s just my style, as for Havok killing hundreds well that can remain open for debate, but if Havok does actually kill hundreds, that does not mean that he kills Gambit.
#44 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10816 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it would be easy for either of them but Havok has the power advantages, which I think gives him the win. I am curious if a bloodlusted Havok could release an omni-directional blast to incinerate everything in a certain radius that could potentially include Gambit or level buildings on top of him (depending on the distance between  them at the start of the fight). Normally I would go with Gambit since he is more cunning, is probably faster and is a better fighter but I only see him taking this if he can do this up close. 

#45 Posted by Dex (540 posts) - - Show Bio

Current gambit blood lusted kills havok.... He would be Horseman Death and make the air in havoks lungs toxic.

#46 Posted by Edamame (28356 posts) - - Show Bio

If the battle starts off with both combatants a few inches away from each other, then Gambit could probably KO him. 

#47 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Gambit need to get up close? 
 
I mean, sure he wins a hand to hand fight but who really thinks Havok can tank an exploding card?
#48 Posted by Ultimate Joker (781 posts) - - Show Bio

If Havok is at bloodlust and he just radiates out a huge blast of his plasma energy wouldn't that just fry any charged objects flying his way.... as well as Gambit's flesh...? 
 
Right now I'm thinking Havok wins.

#49 Posted by MrRagePants (842 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Why does Gambit need to get up close?  I mean, sure he wins a hand to hand fight but who really thinks Havok can tank an exploding card? "
Gambit needs to get to a closer range to be able to throw his cards and hit Havok effectively. You have to remember that he can kinetically charge the cards but their weight remains the same. I haven't read any issue where Gambit "sniped" -for the lack of better term- an enemy from a far distance with his cards.  Now, pretend if Gambit is using marbles, his range will now increase as the marbles have more weight.
 
Havok on the other hand has been able to blast projectiles before it even hit him. I've read comics where he was blasting at other energy manipulator's attack. Gambit  getting close doesn't mean it's just for H2H, it's getting close just enough for him to throw his cards. Now if it ever falls down into a H2H fighting, Gambit 10/10.
#50 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok