#1 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep time. Gambit has one packet of cards stashed in his trenchcoat. Doom has whatever is in his armour. Setting is Downtown NY.

#2 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

You are kidding, right?

#4 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit is toast. UNLESS he can somehow grab hold on to...no, wait, nevermind. He's toast. 

#5 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Well IF Gambit could just touch Doom's armor for a second or two...but yeah.

#6 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't gambit charge up Doom's armour so it explodes?

#7 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Well IF Gambit could just touch Doom's armor for a second or two...but yeah."
Unless this is a prep fight only for Gambit, then he might be able to take him out....maybe. 
#8 Edited by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Couldn't gambit charge up Doom's armour so it explodes?"
If he could reach Doom's armor and hold on to it long enough. Technically this trick works with anybody since Gambit can charge clothes and i f they aren't wearing clothes he can now charge organic things, but still. He has to get close enough and hold on to them long enough to charge it.
#9 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Meteorite said:
If he could reach Doom's armor and hold on to it long enough. Technically this trick works with anybody since Gambit can charge clothes and i f they aren't wearing clothes he can now charge organic things, but still. He has to get close enough and hold on to them long enough to charge it."
I thought he could do it from a distance.
#10 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Meteorite said:
If he could reach Doom's armor and hold on to it long enough. Technically this trick works with anybody since Gambit can charge clothes and i f they aren't wearing clothes he can now charge organic things, but still. He has to get close enough and hold on to them long enough to charge it."
And if Dr. Doom knows of his powers with or without prep, he wins by default lol there really is no point in going up against him if he knows of his powers. And if he doesn't there might still be a chance Gambit could win.
#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Nobody said:
"Meteorite said:
I thought he could do it from a distance."
Nope, he has to make physical contact, and it takes a second or two.
#12 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Meteorite said:
"Nobody said:
"Meteorite said:
Nope, he has to make physical contact, and it takes a second or two."
What if... Gambit threw cards at Doom that were charged, so Doom is distracted, and at the same time he slowly advances towards Doom. Then at the last second he grabs Doom and charges his armour.
#13 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Nobody said:
"Meteorite said:
"Nobody said:
"Meteorite said:
Nope, he has to make physical contact, and it takes a second or two."
What if... Gambit threw cards at Doom that were charged, so Doom is distracted, and at the same time he slowly advances towards Doom. Then at the last second he grabs Doom and charges his armour."
Doom wouldn't fall for a trick like that, not to mention he has fore fields and his suit could probably take what gambits explosions could dish out without them.
#14 Posted by xXi0RIXx (1736 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Well IF Gambit could just touch Doom's armor for a second or two...but yeah."
ahahah
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
what he said

#15 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

But Doom has no prep time... what if Gambit has an hour prep time? Then could he win?

#16 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"But Doom has no prep time... what if Gambit has an hour prep time? Then could he win?"
Doom still wins. 
#17 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom can defeat classic beyonder, what gives you the idea gambit has a chance, this fight is so one sided a "snow ball's chance in hell" would be a massive understatement.  Now the phrase for this is "a snowball's chance on the sun"

#18 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Doom can defeat classic beyonder, what gives you the idea gambit has a chance, this fight is so one sided a "snow ball's chance in hell" would be a massive understatement.  Now the phrase for this is "a snowball's chance on the sun""
lol way to put the words
#19 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit runs at doom.  Doom works his Finger Lightning Mumbo Jumbo.  Doom Serves gambit to his people, to put it in the word's of the Shock Troopers of Red alert "Extra Crispy!!"

#20 Posted by The Fabulous Frag (72 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

DOOM WOULD CRUSH THE PATHETIC CAJUN CARD-THROWER AS THOUGH HE WERE NOTHING MORE THAN AN INSIGNIFICANT ANT WHO IDIOTICALLY INTERLOPES UPON DOOM'S PICNIC ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!!

#21 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
The Fabulous Frag said:
"
caption

DOOM WOULD CRUSH THE PATHETIC CAJUN CARD-THROWER AS THOUGH HE WERE NOTHING MORE THAN AN INSIGNIFICANT ANT WHO IDIOTICALLY INTERLOPES UPON DOOM'S PICNIC ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!!

"
Please do not hit your caps lock key, There's a new thing called the Shift key, use it.  :P
#22 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Doom can defeat classic beyonder, what gives you the idea gambit has a chance, this fight is so one sided a "snow ball's chance in hell" would be a massive understatement.  Now the phrase for this is "a snowball's chance on the sun""
lol way to put the words"
I suppose you're right. Doom would win.
#23 Edited by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"oldmagic said:
"Dreadnaught said:
I suppose you're right. Doom would win."
Not only would he win but Gambit ends up A. a pile of ashes on doom's floor to be swept up by his janitor.  B. His servant. C. Test Subject.  D. Drained of his powers for more of doom's mad schemes. :P
#24 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"oldmagic said:
"Dreadnaught said:
when you say would, you make it sound like Gambit has a chance. What you have to say is, He will win. 
#25 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
"Meteorite said:
"oldmagic said:
"Dreadnaught said:
when you say would, you make it sound like Gambit has a chance. What you have to say is, He will win. "
Gambit has a one in g64 chance of winning :P *google graham's number if you don't know what g64 is*
#26 Posted by The Fabulous Frag (72 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"The Fabulous Frag said:
"
caption

"
Please do not hit your caps lock key, There's a new thing called the Shift key, use it.  :P"
It was intentional, I used it to express the conviction which I feel Doom would express as a response. =P
#27 Posted by Winduizcool (733 posts) - - Show Bio

Comicvine should make an overkill section under forums. Doctor Doom.

#28 Posted by MrDirector786 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom ftw

#29 Posted by ARMIV (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom,and it'd be merciless.

#30 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Special thanks to all the people who posted uneven Doom matchups today for me to yell at.

Gambit can't even beat RRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you must truly be a genius, surely you must know of some magical plot device that would allow gambit to win?  Otherwise you'd never post this.  note intense levels of sarcasm.

#32 Posted by loganreme (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm.................I think Doom would win this one (obviously!) Gambit is no match for him :)

#33 Posted by rabidrage (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.  Isn't Gambit being just a little underestimated here?  I ask that only because I'm in denial, because Gambit's got the whole cool factor going on for him way more than Doom does.  But hey, he's blown up a floor once, to my knowledge.  Couldn't he blow up the ground underneath Doom?

#34 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio