devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By devilmanex

Gambit in death form vs Deathstroke and Taskmaster

each has all their standard equipment and start one block away from each other.  Battle to the death

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Power NeXus

Death Gambit turns all the air into a poisonous gas. Deathstroke and Taskmaster die.

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By devilmanex

didn't even think of that

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Power NeXus said:
" Death Gambit turns all the air into a poisonous gas. Deathstroke and Taskmaster die. "
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By spidey 15
@Power NeXus said:
" Death Gambit turns all the air into a poisonous gas. Deathstroke and Taskmaster die. "
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Power NeXus:
@DevilmanEX:
@Son Of Storm:
@spidey 15:
I think that's a pretty big overexaggeration.  I'm as big of Gambit fan as they come, but there is a lot playing against him here, and there are many questions we still have about his powers. 

1) They begin a block away.  Gambit has only demonstrated creating a medium sized poisonous mist, which didn't even eliminate the characters when used. 
2) As Death, we don't know what traits Remy still has.  Does he retain his tactic mind, or his he just an egotistical evil SOB?  Evidence points to the second, which isn't a good strategy against two excellent tacticians. 
3) Standard weapons means Deathstroke could have a gun, as could Taskmaster.  Now, Gambit is a bullet timer, but coming from these two, I'd imagine even Spider-Man would be lucky to dodge for an extended period of time. 
4) Tagging either with cards, especially from a distance, will be a difficult feat. 
5) If the card hits Taskmaster's shield, will it spread to his hand, and in turn, infect him?  

There's a lot of variables here and personally, I think we need to know moer about Gambit's powers (as Death) before debating about him.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By spidey 15
@k4tzm4n: Good points( damn you )...lol 

=]
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Son Of Storm
@spidey 15 said:
" @k4tzm4n: Good points( damn you )...lol  =] "
I second that.
devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By devilmanex
@k4tzm4n:   It WOULD seem like an overkill for Gambit except when viewing his most recent stint in Hellbound  he was beat by Cannonball, Pixie, and Magik.  I would think Taskmaster and Deathstroke together would pose more of a threat than those three when morals apply.  I'm still leaning toward Gambit but I do think the team can win some of the battles.
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Taskmaster ftw. 

I'll try to explain why when the debate gets heated up.
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Power NeXus
@k4tzm4n:
Hmm. True stuff.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@DevilmanEX said:
"@k4tzm4n:   It WOULD seem like an overkill for Gambit except when viewing his most recent stint in Hellbound  he was beat by Cannonball, Pixie, and Magik.  I would think Taskmaster and Deathstroke together would pose more of a threat than those three when morals apply.  I'm still leaning toward Gambit but I do think the team can win some of the battles. "
I strongly disagree.  I don't believe the two situations can be compared in the least.  And did you honestly believe for Gambit to win and they would be trapped down there/killed? LOL  Also,  Gambit will flanked while in combat with Cannonball (IIRC).  He knew he was against multiple foes, yet his Death persona still showed extreme arrogance and confidence.  I'd imagine he would act in the same manner here and that wouldn't go well for him.

@Son Of Storm:
@Power NeXus:
@spidey 15:

Thanks. 

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By devilmanex
@k4tzm4n:  yea it was his arrogance that led to his defeat in Hellbound.  Although I think he'll still be arrogant but he would respect the threat of these two more
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@DevilmanEX said:

" @k4tzm4n:  yea it was his arrogance that led to his defeat in Hellbound.  Although I think he'll still be arrogant but he would respect the threat of these two more "

I doubt it.  It's clear his arrogance is a direct result of his "evil death" persona.  He did nothing but mock his foes the entire time.  I have little doubt he'd act in a similar manner here.  Plus, he's never encountered Taskmaster and has no idea who Deathstroke is.
devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By devilmanex
@k4tzm4n said:
" @DevilmanEX said:

" @k4tzm4n:  yea it was his arrogance that led to his defeat in Hellbound.  Although I think he'll still be arrogant but he would respect the threat of these two more "

I doubt it.  It's clear his arrogance is a direct result of his "evil death" persona.  He did nothing but mock his foes the entire time.  I have little doubt he'd act in a similar manner here.  Plus, he's never encountered Taskmaster and has no idea who Deathstroke is. "

I think part of him mocking his foes was due to the fact that he was facing younger Xmen who even a normal Gambit would feel somewhat battle superior to.  The fact that he's never encountered either of the opposing before might be a good or bad thing.  Gambit might be less cocky because he doesn't know them or he might be more cocky because he feels he is superios to everyone.  I think the earler because he didn't show all that arrogance the first time he turned to Death
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Deathstroke's mind isn't something Gambit could handle if he is also facing taskmaster.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jobbernos

DS solos.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers