Gambit vs. Deadpool (If Gambit does this.....)

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I think Gambit could win via battle field removal. What do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd still give it to Deadpool.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't see Deadpool winning after that. Sorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman said:
@i_like_swords said:

Do me a favor. Look back at the second scan, top left panel. There's a regular guy with no powers recovering from the blast.

What makes you think Deadpools healing factor couldn't take that blast if a normal human can?

Edit: Top right*

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RenaissanceMan

@i_like_swords said:

@renaissanceman said:
@i_like_swords said:

Do me a favor. Look back at the second scan, top left panel. There's a regular guy with no powers recovering from the blast.

What makes you think Deadpools healing factor couldn't take that blast if a normal human can?

Doesn't look like the same dood to me. But either way.....Remy can focus the blast so that it KO's Deadpool. And can even make the blast more lethal if necessary.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is spite @god_spawn this guy made a battle with a winner in mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman:

You're the same guy who was posting all over Deathstroke vs Deadpool threads preaching about how terribly Deadpool gets beaten. Oh, and look, Deathstroke is your profile pic.

So why is it you're intentionally setting Deadpool up to lose? You obviously have a winner in mind with this thread.

In relation to the battle, Deadpool is far too agile to lose. He's dodged Cyclops' optic blasts while contending with 3 other X-Men, and at the time he was only pretending to want to fight them.

Not to mention he has ranged weapons of his own and explosives to boot.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had no intention of doing that. I just know that Gambit has conceded to Deadpool in the past. Which makes it C.I.S., when he can do things like that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10 god_spawn  Moderator

@i_like_swords:

He's dodged Cyclops' optic blasts while contending with 3 other X-Men, and at the time he was only pretending to want to fight them.

I wouldn't take anything from that issue seriously. That was an absolutely awful book.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

He's dodged Cyclops' optic blasts while contending with 3 other X-Men, and at the time he was only pretending to want to fight them.

I wouldn't take anything from that issue seriously. That was an absolutely awful book.

I think I'm literally the only person who's enjoyed Way's run on Deadpool..

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman:

You're the same guy who was posting all over Deathstroke vs Deadpool threads preaching about how terribly Deadpool gets beaten. Oh, and look, Deathstroke is your profile pic.

So why is it you're intentionally setting Deadpool up to lose? You obviously have a winner in mind with this thread.

In relation to the battle, Deadpool is far too agile to lose. He's dodged Cyclops' optic blasts while contending with 3 other X-Men, and at the time he was only pretending to want to fight them.

Not to mention he has ranged weapons of his own and explosives to boot.

This has nothing to do with Deathstroke. Gambit is my second favorite character. I just wanted to show how powerful he can be when he lets loose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman:

Well, he managed to momentarily stun a regular human, so he has that going for him. Lol.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@xxxcarzellxxx said:

I don't think it is spite and he didn't stack any favor to either combatant.

Edit: Nvm, re-read the top. Definitely a battle, but a better OP needs to be put in place.

@renaissanceman said:

@xxxcarzellxxx said:

Had no intention of doing that. I just know that Gambit has conceded to Deadpool in the past. Which makes it C.I.S., when he can do things like that.

It wasn't really CIS. IIRC, Gambit just got done fighting Bullseye and he had a massive bounty placed on him. It was probably in Remy's best interest to just pay him off there. I think when people get the idea he conceded to him, he said "fighting Deadpool is tantamount to suicide." or something along those lines. So he was just out of a battle and figured this isn't the time or place to deal with Wade since Deadpool is indeed dangerous. And Gambit is smart. He isn't the stupid stand until we fall hero. He knows when to pick his spots and when he is possibly going to be killed.

On topic, I do thing Gambit can beat Deadpool regardless. I think Gambit has better agility and reflex feats than Wade and has the power output necessary to KO him. Gambit has also been showing more willingness to charge opponents now, and while I don't agree with Asmus saying Remy can't charge organic matter anymore since Gambit has shown he actually can on a few occasions, he did charge Daken and he knew Daken would heal. I think Gambit has the knowledge to know he won't at least kill Deadpool so he could probably resort to some more drastic measures when dealing with the rather goofy Wade.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 god_spawn  Moderator

@god_spawn said:

@i_like_swords:

Way had his moments, but Deadpool was incredibly inconsistent and so were plenty of other characters in order for Deadpool to look superior. I don't Deadpool should be capable of dodging Cyclops, Domino, and Surge all at the same time. They can be dodged, yes, but he treated them like amateurs and they are far from it. Cyclops is a crack shot. Domino is adept in firearms, and Surge is proficient in the use of her powers, as well. And don't get me started with how he dealt with Colossus.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RenaissanceMan

So it's basically Current Gambit going all out (bloodlusted) vs. Deadpool then

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@god_spawn said:

@i_like_swords:

Way had his moments, but Deadpool was incredibly inconsistent and so were plenty of other characters in order for Deadpool to look superior. I don't Deadpool should be capable of dodging Cyclops, Domino, and Surge all at the same time. They can be dodged, yes, but he treated them like amateurs and they are far from it. Cyclops is a crack shot. Domino is adept in firearms, and Surge is proficient in the use of her powers, as well. And don't get me started with how he dealt with Colossus.

Yeah that's true, Deadpool does get away with a lot in this series. Mind you, I'm only up to volume 3 of the trades so I haven't noticed the inconsistencies as much.

Actually, thinking back to our conversation about DD vs DP and a particular scene from the comic I referred to in that thread, Deadpool has been written really inconsistently.

In Ways run he dodges Cyclops, Domino and Surge with seeming ease, yet he get's tackled by a couple night cops and beaten by Daredevil in his current run..

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

He said by BFR, i guess that's possible, still spite though.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit solo's the universe, he's the Batman of MARVEL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit solo's the universe, he's the Batman of MARVEL.

No Caption Provided

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Cerberus_
Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

@i_like_swords:

It's a toss up between that and IDW TMNT as my favourite series. I'm with you bro!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@god_spawn said:

@i_like_swords:

It's a toss up between that and IDW TMNT as my favourite series. I'm with you bro!

Sweet! I really need to get around to trying the turtles. Is the series in TPB?