• 57 results
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ace High

I'd give it to Daredevil. Gambit does have good hand to hand fighting skills and a high level of agility but seeing as Daredevil has gone toe to toe and beaten the likes of wolverine and elektra I can't see how Gambit would win. Plus when Bullseye fought Gambit he almost killed him and Daredevil manages to beat him up on a semi regular basis.

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390

VS ((set up))

(Gambit had been accused of trying to assisante Senator Kelly in the white house. His alleged attempts had been thwarted by none other than Mystique(all an elaborate hoax to distract the public from discovering the Brotherhood's plans) Gambit now hiding in Lousisiana in an old hideout, saw the reports on the news about him.

He plotted on how he would get himself out of this mess.

He couldn't go to the xmen since they were not to happy with his recent choices hes made. He could not trust anyone so he thought of one alternative.

Later that week in Manhatten New York, Matt Mordock is watching the city drinking a martini enjoying the view.

He senses a fast heart beat and quickly changes into Daredevil. He aniticipates the opponent and comes up behind him.

Gambit turns and surprised by seeing a man dressed in a dark red outfit with an insignia of two overlapping D's

Daredevil asks what he is doing here, Gambit trying to explain, gets attacked by Daredevil. Daredevil now angry and obssesed with bring down the attempted murderer in gets in a combat stand. Gambit realizing that he is not going to talk sense in this man, grabs a couple of cards and charges them up.

Gambit yells at Daredevil to listen to his reasons of why he wishes to see Matt Murdock, to no conclusion. They both charge at each-other)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I would say...Gambit.If Marvel was writing it...DD would probably win,but I think Gambit is smart enough to beat him and agile enough to keep up.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gambit and Daredevil have mixed it up in the past (Gambit #11) I wouldn't say either one of them won, but Gambit matched Daredevil step for step (and never used his kinetic cards) while dictating the entire fight. It would be a great fight. I feel a lil bias so I cant really call it.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mantoid

Quite a battle. It could go either way at the end. It is hard for me to pick one that would win, but I would probably go with Gambit.

M

Phoenix God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Phoenix God

Hhhhmmmm. My sister would say Gambit. I don't know who to vote for here. But I say Gambit, also.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ace High

Any particular reasons? I mean Daredevil has beaten people on Gambit's level and higher before. I ain't saying it would be a curbstomp but it be nice to hear actual reasons.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ace High says:

"Any particular reasons? I mean Daredevil has beaten people on Gambit's level and higher before. I ain't saying it would be a curbstomp but it be nice to hear actual reasons."

The battle is to close for all that.It's anyone's game here.

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Calix

Ace High says:

"Any particular reasons? I mean Daredevil has beaten people on Gambit's level and higher before. I ain't saying it would be a curbstomp but it be nice to hear actual reasons."

You mentioned both Elektra and Wolverine both excellent hand to hand combatants and both as deadly as it comes. They both lack Bullseye throwing skills which have proven to be one of those factors with DD in the past (thou I could be wrong with that particular statement.) Gambit has skills and can heighten them by using his kinetic energy within his body. There is also the fact that he could charge random objects like DD's little weapon or clothing while they are fighting that would make things difficult. I guess it would depend what exactly he was going for.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn

Hmm...close call. I would say Gambit would win but its close
Post Edited:2008-05-27 20:52:25

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By castleking

gambit would win..in a very short but intense exchange of blows till gambit manages to charge a random item on DD..

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By claws

gambit would win
his agility could keep up with daredevils

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Scourge
Im thinking Gambit here
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Didn't see the fight in Gambit, but I give this to DD as I believe he is the better fighter, tactition, and of course his (almost) ever present radar sense.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Didn't see the fight in Gambit, but I give this to DD as I believe he is the better fighter, tactition, and of course his (almost) ever present radar sense.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By yodagod

Gambit is faster, more agile, can boost his own attributes, and can charge his entire environment.  Big win for Remy.    
sifsclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sifsclub

gambit
Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Man of Lengend

Gambit barely great fight though
ward04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ward04

i think if daredevil would have surprised attacked  him he would of won but this goes to gambit
mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mv

DD
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I side with the Devil. Gambit is fast, and very accurate. But DD has kept up, and actually won against more agile opponents (Spider-man), so his radar sense should be more than capable of sensing what Gambit would do before he actually does it. Add to that his superior training and the fact that he is the better fighter all around, and you have it.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@claws said:
" gambit would win his agility could keep up with daredevils "
Alot of people's agility can keep up with Daredevil's agility...doesn't mean they can beat him.  

@ward04 said:
" i think if daredevil would have surprised attacked  him he would of won but this goes to gambit "
Gambit surprising DD is ridiculous.  

@yodagod said:
" Gambit is faster, more agile, can boost his own attributes, and can charge his entire environment.  Big win for Remy.     "

This post is completely false except for the "charge his environment" part. 
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By yodagod
@Vance Astro:
Daredevil is an olympic level athlete, not even a peak human.  Gambit has super human agility and reflexes so how exactly is it false.  I'm not saying Remy gets a stomp here, and I'm aware of DD's feats in beating stronger opponents, but I just don't see Matt winning this.  Remy's physical abilities except maybe strength are all greater and he's no pushover martial artist himself (though I do feel if this were h2h with no powers DD would win).  Add to that his powers and I think Gambit takes the win.
ward04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ward04
@Vance Astro:
I said Daredevil surprising gambit
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@yodagod said:
" @Vance Astro: Daredevil is an olympic level athlete, not even a peak human.  Gambit has super human agility and reflexes so how exactly is it false.  I'm not saying Remy gets a stomp here, and I'm aware of DD's feats in beating stronger opponents, but I just don't see Matt winning this.  Remy's physical abilities except maybe strength are all greater and he's no pushover martial artist himself (though I do feel if this were h2h with no powers DD would win).  Add to that his powers and I think Gambit takes the win. "
1.Olympic Level athlete? Getting out information from the 60's .Anyway,DD has 0 problem keeping up with superhumans. 
2.Gambit isn't faster than Daredevil.That's how it's false.
3.Gambit doesn't have a physical ability advantage.When you say physical abilities you must have added the "ies" by accident because Gambit only has one ability over DD. 
4.I don't see Gambit's powers being a factor if DD doesn't allow him to do anything.You're saying Gambit is faster than DD but i've seen DD own people with superhuman speed..faster than they can react.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By yodagod

@Vance Astro: 

Daredevil possesses the strength, speed, agility, and endurance, not to mention acrobatic and gymnastic skills, of an Olympic-level athlete. Through a combination of the tutelage of Stick and self-training, Daredevil is a master of a unique martial art form, which is a hybridized form of American boxing and the Japanese arts of ninjutsu, judo and aiki-jujutsu. Martial arts training has given him an immense degree of concentration and personal control over his body and energy, or Ki. Daredevil is also an accomplished criminal trial lawyer.

Daredevil is an Olympic level athlete with extraordinary balance, skill, agility, and endurance. Daredevil was discovered young by a man named Stick. Stick was a martial arts master and trained Matt to polish his abilities and become a highly skilled hand to hand combatant. He is a Master of various oriental martial arts and American boxing. His training regiment consists not only of fighting and agility drills, but also includes weightlifting. Daredevil is extremely strong, able to lift/press 450 lbs. Due to Daredevils heightened senses, it makes him highly tuned to his body and increases both his coordination and balance well beyond that of the average man. He has uncanny control over his body and senses making feats that seem impossible very easy for him to do, hence the name Daredevil.

Known powers: Daredevil possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. Daredevil's five sense are heightened to beyond that of even superhumanly enhanced sense. Although Murdock is blind, he can "see" by means of his "radar sense", which acts not unlike sonar. Daredevil is an Olympic level athlete and gymnast, possessing extraordinary agility, endurance, skill and balance. Daredevil's unique fighting style (a blend of ninjitsu, judo and American-style boxing) makes effective use of his Billy Club, which is used as both a baton and grappling hook

Daredevil is a superb athlete and gymnast, possessing extraordinary agility, endurance, skill and balance. Because a person's sense of balance is linked with their sense of hearing (similar to the way that taste is linked with the sense of smell), Daredevil's superhuman hearing also grants him superhuman balance. He has been know to run across and even jump up and down on hydro wires. This 'super balance' enhances Daredevil's acrobatic skills beyond even what a highly skilled but sighted athlete would possess.

The Daredevil is blind, but his remaining four senses are heightened beyond that of even superhumanly enhanced senses. Although Murdock is blind, he can "see" by means of his "radar sense", which acts not unlike sonar. Daredevil is an Olympic level athlete and gymnast, possessing extraordinary agility, endurance, skill and balance. His unique fighting style makes effective use of his Billy Club

Though he has no superhuman physical attributes beyond an enhanced sense of balance, Daredevil is a master of martial arts.[37] Having been trained by Stick, Daredevil is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant. His typical moves are unique blends of the martial arts of Ninjutsu, Jujutsu, Judo and stick fighting combined with American-style boxing while making full use of his gymnastics capabilities

These are from a half dozen sites I just quickly went to, including Marvel's own site, but  not including this one which says the same thing. I also have an Official Marvel handbook in storage that says the same thing.  Hmmm.  Must be the sixties.   
Gambit's superhuman physical levels means he's a step up from Matt.  He has  superhuman speed,agility, reflexes, stamina, etc.....  The difference maker in this fight is that while Daredevil is used to fighting characters who are faster or stronger or whatever, that's usually their primary attribute, while for Gambit its secondary.  These secondary abilities will allow him to avoid Daredevil long enough to either talk him down (he's ever so charismatic) or get a KO through kinetic explosions.  And Gambit is very clever at using his environment, not to mention he has no qualms against fighting dirty.  He's also fought and defeated more powerful characters, all superheroes have, its part of what makes them superheroes.

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By loganreme

Remy ftw (good fight)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@yodagod said:
"

@Vance Astro: 

Daredevil possesses the strength, speed, agility, and endurance, not to mention acrobatic and gymnastic skills, of an Olympic-level athlete. Through a combination of the tutelage of Stick and self-training, Daredevil is a master of a unique martial art form, which is a hybridized form of American boxing and the Japanese arts of ninjutsu, judo and aiki-jujutsu. Martial arts training has given him an immense degree of concentration and personal control over his body and energy, or Ki. Daredevil is also an accomplished criminal trial lawyer.

Daredevil is an Olympic level athlete with extraordinary balance, skill, agility, and endurance. Daredevil was discovered young by a man named Stick. Stick was a martial arts master and trained Matt to polish his abilities and become a highly skilled hand to hand combatant. He is a Master of various oriental martial arts and American boxing. His training regiment consists not only of fighting and agility drills, but also includes weightlifting. Daredevil is extremely strong, able to lift/press 450 lbs. Due to Daredevils heightened senses, it makes him highly tuned to his body and increases both his coordination and balance well beyond that of the average man. He has uncanny control over his body and senses making feats that seem impossible very easy for him to do, hence the name Daredevil.

Known powers: Daredevil possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. Daredevil's five sense are heightened to beyond that of even superhumanly enhanced sense. Although Murdock is blind, he can "see" by means of his "radar sense", which acts not unlike sonar. Daredevil is an Olympic level athlete and gymnast, possessing extraordinary agility, endurance, skill and balance. Daredevil's unique fighting style (a blend of ninjitsu, judo and American-style boxing) makes effective use of his Billy Club, which is used as both a baton and grappling hook

Daredevil is a superb athlete and gymnast, possessing extraordinary agility, endurance, skill and balance. Because a person's sense of balance is linked with their sense of hearing (similar to the way that taste is linked with the sense of smell), Daredevil's superhuman hearing also grants him superhuman balance. He has been know to run across and even jump up and down on hydro wires. This 'super balance' enhances Daredevil's acrobatic skills beyond even what a highly skilled but sighted athlete would possess.

The Daredevil is blind, but his remaining four senses are heightened beyond that of even superhumanly enhanced senses. Although Murdock is blind, he can "see" by means of his "radar sense", which acts not unlike sonar. Daredevil is an Olympic level athlete and gymnast, possessing extraordinary agility, endurance, skill and balance. His unique fighting style makes effective use of his Billy Club

Though he has no superhuman physical attributes beyond an enhanced sense of balance, Daredevil is a master of martial arts.[37] Having been trained by Stick, Daredevil is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant. His typical moves are unique blends of the martial arts of Ninjutsu, Jujutsu, Judo and stick fighting combined with American-style boxing while making full use of his gymnastics capabilities

These are from a half dozen sites I just quickly went to, including Marvel's own site, but  not including this one which says the same thing. I also have an Official Marvel handbook in storage that says the same thing.  Hmmm.  Must be the sixties.   
Gambit's superhuman physical levels means he's a step up from Matt.  He has  superhuman speed,agility, reflexes, stamina, etc.....  The difference maker in this fight is that while Daredevil is used to fighting characters who are faster or stronger or whatever, that's usually their primary attribute, while for Gambit its secondary.  These secondary abilities will allow him to avoid Daredevil long enough to either talk him down (he's ever so charismatic) or get a KO through kinetic explosions.  And Gambit is very clever at using his environment, not to mention he has no qualms against fighting dirty.  He's also fought and defeated more powerful characters, all superheroes have, its part of what makes them superheroes.

"
Don't copy and paste unofficial information and expect me to take you seriously.
JKarmosay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JKarmosay

Comics show Daredevil to be physically way beyond Olympic level.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@JKarmosay said:
" Comics show Daredevil to be physically way beyond Olympic level. "
Thank you.
rangersoul6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rangersoul6

I'm Going with Gambit.
Feel free to disagree and call names and put stupid pictures ^.^

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By ComicStooge

I think Daredevil wins 5.6\10.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Manchine

If it was just Hand to Hand.  Daredevil would win this hands down.  With Gambits explosive power, Gambit wins this one.
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MrRagePants

Why DD would win?

• DD's fighting ability is above Gambit's. This is the #1 reason Remy will lose.
  • DD's radar sense can "read" - or whatever you call it - Remy's moves.
  • Gambit paid DeadPool once when the latter was tasked to assassinate him. Daredevil fought Bullseye and Elektra (not at the same time), both are assassins with Bullseye a step below Deadpool. (I don't know about you guys, but paying an assassin seems weak).

Why Gambit would win?
  • DD's radar sense weakness can be exposed and abused.
  • Base on Marvel.com, Gambit's strength and durability is above DD. In a melee fight, this can turn the battle to his favor.
  • Gambit can throw kinetically charged stuff at DD while engaging in melee. This will make it hard for DD.

Overall, this is a pretty even fight. Good thread! I still vote for DD 6/10. Mainly because most comics I read, his fights shows more feats than Remy.
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrRagePants
@Manchine said:
" If it was just Hand to Hand.  Daredevil would win this hands down.  With Gambits explosive power, Gambit wins this one. "
You don't think Daredevil can dodge the cards or any particular object that Gambit can charge? Gambit's accuracy with throwing cards is not greater than Daredevil's radar sense, DD can dodge Bullseye.
rangersoul6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rangersoul6
@MrRagePants:  Deadpool can't die, Gambit isn't immortal, Gambit's not stupid to let himself be killed when he can pay Deadpool off. -.-
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MrRagePants
@rangersoul6 said:
" @MrRagePants:  Deadpool can't die, Gambit isn't immortal, Gambit's not stupid to let himself be killed when he can pay Deadpool off. -.- "
Deadpool can die if his head is cut off without getting reattached within a certain time limit.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By Ferro Vida
@MrRagePants said:

" Why DD would win?

• DD's fighting ability is above Gambit's. This is the #1 reason Remy will lose.
  • Gambit paid DeadPool once when the latter was tasked to assassinate him. Daredevil fought Bullseye and Elektra (not at the same time), both are assassins with Bullseye a step below Deadpool. (I don't know about you guys, but paying an assassin seems weak).

Why Gambit would win?
  • Base on Marvel.com, Gambit's strength and durability is above DD. In a melee fight, this can turn the battle to his favor.
  • Gambit can throw kinetically charged stuff at DD while engaging in melee. This will make it hard for DD.
 Overall, this is a pretty even fight. Good thread! I still vote for DD 6/10. Mainly because most comics I read, his fights shows more feats than Remy. "
1) Daredevil has had an explosion go off in his face and was still able to chase down and take out the criminal who caused it after only a few minutes, and this was while he had a concussion. Gambit usually wouldn't charge something big enough to cause a blast of this magnitude, so Daredevil should be fine in that respect.
2) Marvel.com is a wiki; it can be edited by anyone and should not be taken as factual because of this.
3) DD's radar sense allows him to evade projectiles from a marksman as skilled as Bullseye, who Gambit is at the very least close to in accuracy. He should be able to avoid taking a direct hit here, though Gambit could use the blast to throw him off balance or create an environmental hazard.
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MrRagePants
@Ferro Vida: 
1) Gambit is no ordinary criminal, if DD is suffering from a concussion, it's a handicap against Remy.
2) Thank you for that info. I didn't know that. Disregard the strength info then, but Remy's costume is an armor, which I guess makes up his durability.
3) I didn't state that Gambit will hit DD. It will just make DD evade more thus exerting more effort and may cause fatigue. I know DD dodges Bullseye's attack, I stated this in one of my responses.

Anyway, I was just looking at both sides of the coin, with my vote of DD winning 6/10... maybe now it's 7/10.
Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
@Ace High said:
"

I'd give it to Daredevil. Gambit does have good hand to hand fighting skills and a high level of agility but seeing as Daredevil has gone toe to toe and beaten the likes of wolverine and elektra I can't see how Gambit would win. Plus when Bullseye fought Gambit he almost killed him and Daredevil manages to beat him up on a semi regular basis.

"

Ah Gambit has winning record over Wolverine & tied DD when they faught...  Bullseye was'nt his best showing for sure...
Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
@MrRagePants said:
"Why DD would win?

Why Gambit would win?
 Overall, this is a pretty even fight. Good thread! I still vote for DD 6/10. Mainly because most comics I read, his fights shows more feats than Remy. "

Gambit did'nt want to fight at that time & was'nt exactly frech as I recall also when he gave Deadpool a check which actually was'nt real(he never payed him off just tricked him into going away) 
Bullseye has actually payed off Deadpool so he would'nt kill him after he got defeated...that;s weak
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@GamorasBigDaddy:
No, the check Gambit gave Deadpool was real.  Others convinced Deadpool it wasn't, so he ripped it up.  It was later revealed the check Gambit wrote was real.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By Ferro Vida
@MrRagePants said:
" @Ferro Vida:  1) Gambit is no ordinary criminal, if DD is suffering from a concussion, it's a handicap against Remy. 2) Thank you for that info. I didn't know that. Disregard the strength info then, but Remy's costume is an armor, which I guess makes up his durability. 3) I didn't state that Gambit will hit DD. It will just make DD evade more thus exerting more effort and may cause fatigue. I know DD dodges Bullseye's attack, I stated this in one of my responses.  Anyway, I was just looking at both sides of the coin, with my vote of DD winning 6/10... maybe now it's 7/10. "
1) This criminal was Nitro. I am saying I doubt Remy would give DD a concussion.

2) Anytime.

3) Fair enough. I can agree to 7/10, maybe eight.
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil 8/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@Gremlin From Kremlin said:
"Daredevil 8/10. "

Why did you bump this?
Vega8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vega8282

Gambit

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok daredevil can dodge bullets and has handled captain America (who wasted gambit in avengers vs xmen)... gambit looses

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Wolverine008

Daredevil.