#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules:

-Gambit has half a deck of cards and his bo-staff.

-Crossbones has assorted firearms and his wrist gauntlet (has a crossbow / knife).

-In character.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

Gambit VS Crossbones....Who wins and why?

Staff
#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio

I made this after re-reading their extremely brief encounter in Gambit's series...So, thoughts?
Staff
#3 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n:
Well, in that encounter Gambit laid him out.  Granted it was a suckerpunch, but Gambit is still much faster and more agile than Crossbones, and probably nearly as strong.  I think Gambit takes a solid majority, especially with his staff, with which he is very adept.
#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:
"@k4tzm4n: Well, in that encounter Gambit laid him out.  Granted it was a suckerpunch, but Gambit is still much faster and more agile than Crossbones, and probably nearly as strong.  I think Gambit takes a solid majority, especially with his staff, with which he is very adept. "

I gave Gambit the staff because IMO, he needs it.  Crossbones is basically on par with Rogers.
Staff
#5 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n:
Physically Crossbones is close, but mentally he's lightyears behind.  Plus Gambit is quite a bit faster and more agile.  Crossbones probably only needs a couple of solid shots to drop the Cajun, but will he get those punches off or not?  It should be pointed out that their previous confrontation is all but irrelevent because Gambit was much higher powered (though he was injured and fatigued), so it was unfair of me to reference it before.  But I still think Remy can win this 8/10.
#6 Posted by sevennames27 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:

"@k4tzm4n: Physically Crossbones is close, but mentally he's lightyears behind.  Plus Gambit is quite a bit faster and more agile.  Crossbones probably only needs a couple of solid shots to drop the Cajun, but will he get those punches off or not?  It should be pointed out that their previous confrontation is all but irrelevent because Gambit was much higher powered (though he was injured and fatigued), so it was unfair of me to reference it before.  But I still think Remy can win this 8/10. "

Agreed..........    
#7 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"I made this after re-reading their extremely brief encounter in Gambit's series...So, thoughts? "

yea, where are the little children going to play now? 
#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's much closer than that... 

Crossbones has bested Rogers, Daredevil and Bullseye.  Remy is not significantly faster than them.
Staff
#9 Edited by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n:

Every time I've seen Crossbones in combat he's been beaten, usually pretty badly.  I've seen Cap do it, Bucky, even a few random noname guys.  Crossbones may be a physical match for Cap, but he's much less skilled IMO.  From a distance he's dangerous.  He's got a few pretty impressive sniper shots, and has done a lot of good ranged work while protecting Sin, but up close...not so much.  Sin has even beaten him before. And I believe that Remy is significantly faster than they are.  He's the only one with superhuman reflexes, and superhuman speed.  The things that they do with effort, like dodging bullets or tagging Quicksilver, are easy for Remy.
#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:

"@k4tzm4n: Every time I've seen Crossbones in combat he's been beaten, usually pretty badly.  I've seen Cap do it, Bucky, even a few random noname guys.  Crossbones may be a physical match for Cap, but he's much less skilled IMO.  From a distance he's dangerous.  He's got a few pretty impressive sniper shots, and has done a lot of good ranged work while protecting Sin, but up close...not so much.  Sin has even beaten him before. And I believe that Remy is significantly faster than they are.  He's the only one with superhuman reflexes, and superhuman speed.  The things that they do with effort, like dodging bullets or tagging Quicksilver, are easy for Remy. "

Crossbones has very few appearances and unfortunately, he's been poorly represented a few times...Such as recently with Bucky, where he was KO'd with a single hit, not even from his metal arm.  Where-as their more recent fight, it was shown he can withstand his hits.     He was even stabbed in the stomach with a crossbow and didn't make a noise or flinch because he was hiding.   

Crossbones is not less skilled, by the way.  He's not a great leader like Cap, but when it comes to combat he's just as tactical.  He's stripped Cap of his shield, ambushed him multiple times, and managed to not only close the gap between him and Bullseye, but also best him with extreme ease.  Cap has admitted he's one of his deadliest foes and moves extremely quick for his size.  From what I've seen, it normally requires some CIS for him to beat him.  For example, Cap once had to "yank" on the back of his mask to gain the upper hand, or another time a 6" piece of metal shard had to stab into his back from an explosion.  Let's not forget, Crossbones has been fighting since he was a child too (similiar to Remy, except remy focused on his stealth abilities).  He initially ran a gang and then entered Taskmaster's school.  In only 3 years, he became a teacher there.

IIRC, Sin beat him because he was training her. If she bested him in actual combat, it's PIS. 
Remy dodges bullets?  So does Daredevil, Bullseye and even Cap.  Remy reflecting bullets?  Again, the trio has done so...So this is nothing new for him to face. Remy tagging Quicksilver was not canon, it was Contest of Champions II, which was fan-voted

Staff
#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio

When I have the time to find the comics I'll scan some of his battles.
Staff
#12 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit vs Crossbones 
Gambit smacks Crossbones with his staff several times.Crossbones kicks Gambit in the stomach.Then Gambit slams his staff into Crossbones face several times KOing him. 
WINNER-GAMBIT
#13 Edited by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanbeyond234 said:

"Gambit vs Crossbones Gambit smacks Crossbones with his staff several times.Crossbones kicks Gambit in the stomach.Then Gambit slams his staff into Crossbones face several times KOing him. WINNER-GAMBIT "

....Crossbones has superior technique, it's very possible that Crossbones could counter, stripping Remy of the bo-staff.
Staff
#14 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a tricky one.......Cross bones is excellent at h2h and even though he is heavily muscled, is also very agile and highly skilled in most forms of combat.  Gambit on the other hand has superhuman reflexes, dexterity, agility and speed, he is also highly skilled in some forms of combat and martial arts style savate.  This would be a great fight and by no means an easy victory for either opponent. I'm gonna go with Remy for now :)
#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio
@loganreme said:
"This is a tricky one.......Cross bones is excellent at h2h and even though he is heavily muscled, is also very agile and highly skilled in most forms of combat.  Gambit on the other hand has superhuman reflexes, dexterity, agility and speed, he is also highly skilled in some forms of combat and martial arts style savate.  This would be a great fight and by no means an easy victory for either opponent. I'm gonna go with Remy for now :) "

Loganreme, I can't say I'm shocked you're siding with Gambit ;)
Staff
#16 Posted by k4tzm4n (44255 posts) - - Show Bio

The day has come...I finally took some time to use the scanner: 

Bullseye VS Crossbones (Be sure to read dialogue)

At this point, Crossbones dives out the window. 

Here's a scan just to show his speed and ability to take someone out swiftly, even as technically skilled as Mr. Rogers. 

Staff
#17 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"@loganreme said:
"This is a tricky one.......Cross bones is excellent at h2h and even though he is heavily muscled, is also very agile and highly skilled in most forms of combat.  Gambit on the other hand has superhuman reflexes, dexterity, agility and speed, he is also highly skilled in some forms of combat and martial arts style savate.  This would be a great fight and by no means an easy victory for either opponent. I'm gonna go with Remy for now :) "
Loganreme, I can't say I'm shocked you're siding with Gambit ;) "

LOL, well I may change my mind as this thread progresses, need more info on crossbones to make a more permanent decision :)
#18 Posted by quatro_briefs (384 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

The day has come...I finally took some time to use the scanner:

Bullseye VS Crossbones (Be sure to read dialogue)

At this point, Crossbones dives out the window.

Here's a scan just to show his speed and ability to take someone out swiftly, even as technically skilled as Mr. Rogers.

That is Rob Liefeld isn't it? His art is laughable at times.

#19 Edited by jashro44 (21891 posts) - - Show Bio

Crossbones is more skilled but gambit has better reflexes and with his staff better reach. So gambit

#20 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit. Better reflexes and his skill with a staff should at least be able to deflect bullets, fend off CB to get a bit of distance and he has the necessary fire power to beat him.

Brock definitely is the stronger of the 2 and more skilled in h2h but I don't think will compensate enough for a majority.

Decent fight though.

#21 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Crossbones is more skilled but gambit has better reflexes and with his staff better reach. So gambit

#22 Edited by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

oh gosh hmm il go with gambit

#23 Posted by Mattersuit (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Remy 7/10

#24 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think Crossbones in under rated, but given this set up I think Gambit takes it. Crossbones needs the element of surprise and once Gambit bring down the playground around him he could gain the upper hand. If they were at a different location I might pick crossbones, he has the advantage up close(assuming morals are on and Gambit doesnt just charge him) and far away