• 61 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Acer (14478 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption






































The battle takes place in the London England, Each person starts off in different parts of the city. Gambit has his staff and a deck of cards, Connor has his bow with 30 normal arrows and the usual trick arrows but only one of each. each person has been giving 5 days prep time to study the city and the other persons powers, skills and equpiment but they dont know were the other is, who wins and why?
#2 Posted by Light (9062 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit

#3 Posted by Rapist (192 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit

#4 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Connor

#5 Posted by xXi0RIXx (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit >3

#6 Posted by Buckshot (19351 posts) - - Show Bio

New Gambit or the commonly seen version? I feel like Connor wins either way though.

Moderator
#7 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"New Gambit or the commonly seen version? I feel like Connor wins either way though."
I agree, since its in the city and they start in diffrent locations, Connor has the range advantige
#8 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Conner would benefit greatly from the five days prep. Where as Gambit isnt much of a planner. Although a little known fact about Gambit's suit is that its bullet proof against small arms fire. Meaning that it could protect him from Conner's normal arrows. Still, the five days prep (among some other intangibles) gives Conner the win.

#9 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I think Conner would benefit greatly from the five days prep. Where as Gambit isnt much of a planner. Although a little known fact about Gambit's suit is that its bullet proof against small arms fire. Meaning that it could protect him from Conner's normal arrows. Still, the five days prep (among some other intangibles) gives Conner the win."
Bullet proof? maybe, preventing damage through collision, no. Gambit hasnt really shown the ability to be a great range fighter even though he has his cards (but unless he can throw them 50 feet far) i doubt he can win. Connor wins with one of EACH trick arrows.
#10 Posted by Buckshot (19351 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
shot 4 times
"I think Conner would benefit greatly from the five days prep. Where as Gambit isnt much of a planner. Although a little known fact about Gambit's suit is that its bullet proof against small arms fire. Meaning that it could protect him from Conner's normal arrows. Still, the five days prep (among some other intangibles) gives Conner the win."
I definitely agree that Connor will benefit more from the prep and planning. As for Gambit being arrow-proof, I'm not sure. Maybe it's because his costume was different (though I don't see why this one would be different, you normally don't downgrade when switching costumes), but he was shot then. And I'm also pretty sure the bows and arrows that the Arrow Family pack are better than normal ones. They've gone through body armor before. One instance I can remember is when GA shot Prometheus through his armor and pinned him to a wall. Normal arrows can sometimes get into a bullet proof vest (thicker than Gambit's skintight outfit) because they're heavier than a bullet and sometimes have more momentum even though they're slower so I think Connor could do it.


Moderator
#11 Posted by Final Arrow (24323 posts) - - Show Bio

Connor is also an amazing hand to hand fighter lets not forget that in fact he is one of the best in DCU after the bat family but DC never really show this.

#12 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Gambler said:
shot 4 times
"I think Conner would benefit greatly from the five days prep. Where as Gambit isnt much of a planner. Although a little known fact about Gambit's suit is that its bullet proof against small arms fire. Meaning that it could protect him from Conner's normal arrows. Still, the five days prep (among some other intangibles) gives Conner the win."
I definitely agree that Connor will benefit more from the prep and planning. As for Gambit being arrow-proof, I'm not sure. Maybe it's because his costume was different (though I don't see why this one would be different, you normally don't downgrade when switching costumes), but he was shot then. And I'm also pretty sure the bows and arrows that the Arrow Family pack are better than normal ones. They've gone through body armor before. One instance I can remember is when GA shot Prometheus through his armor and pinned him to a wall. Normal arrows can sometimes get into a bullet proof vest (thicker than Gambit's skintight outfit) because they're heavier than a bullet and sometimes have more momentum even though they're slower so I think Connor could do it.


"
Nice. But thats not the uniform I'm talking about. Its this one. I'll try and find the scan which states as much.
But I agree with what your saying. That Conner's arrows could probably get past his armor anyway

caption

#13 Posted by Buckshot (19351 posts) - - Show Bio
Final Arrow said:
"Connor is also an amazing hand to hand fighter lets not forget that in fact he is one of the best in DCU after the bat family but DC never really show this."
Who forgot? And actually, he's most likely better than the majority of the bat family, with Cassandra Cain the only one on or above his level. Maybe Batman on a good day.

Gambler said:
Nice. But thats not the uniform I'm talking about. Its this one. I'll try and find the scan which states as much.
But I agree with what your saying. That Conner's arrows could probably get past his armor anyway
I know it's not the right costume, said something about that in my post.
Moderator
#14 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:

I know it's not the right costume, said something about that in my post."
Oh I see. I dont know why it would be different. But one thing that comes to mind is mobility or lack there of. That could be one reason why one outfit is bullet proof while the other isn't.
#15 Posted by Buckshot (19351 posts) - - Show Bio

You're probably right.

Moderator
#16 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

Connor is better at range and up close.

However, Gambit has more firepower and is (amazingly, considering his purple costume) stealthier.

Gambit will get the first shot off and even if he misses, he'll hurt Connor pretty bad.  I wouldn't be surprised if he put an arrow or two in the cajun, but I believe Gambit to be the eventual winner in this scenario.

#17 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Not with one of each trick arrows (explosives etc.)

#18 Posted by Licensed by Royalty (18 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
"Not with one of each trick arrows (explosives etc.)"
You say it as if Gambit can't dodge them.
#19 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

First arrow maybe, second arrrow... uncommonly, third arrow, strike and seeing how connor only needs one arrow to penatrate someone onto a wall, it will be all it takes.

#20 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

Connor isn't much for trick arrows anyways.

I suppose if they were fighting out of character, Connor might impale Gambit with an explosive arrow and kill him.

#21 Posted by Licensed by Royalty (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly doubt that.Gambit dodges bullets like its breathing.I'm sure he can dodge arrows and/or the radius of there explosions.


Connor on the other hand will have trouble dodging Gamblers cards.Even if the don't hit on impact,something with a long enough charge is going to be a problem.

#22 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

well, he doesnt even need to hit gambit with the explosive one to kill him

#23 Posted by Licensed by Royalty (18 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
"well, he doesnt even need to hit gambit with the explosive one to kill him"
In this case yes he does.Gambit is not going to let an explosion catch him.
#24 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

.... so your saying the impact of a explosion wont be able to keep up with gambits speed/reaction time? doubt it lol

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio

Look like some good debate going on in here..i'll just say I think Gambit wins and beat it.

Moderator
#26 Posted by Licensed by Royalty (18 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
".... so your saying the impact of a explosion wont be able to keep up with gambits speed/reaction time? doubt it lol"
Are you serious?First off,don't you think Gambit is use to knowing when to dodge explosions?His main power is dealing with them and knowing when to duck/dive/dodge/jump/dash w/e.

Second.You are completely underestimating Gambit's agility.
#27 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
"well, he doesnt even need to hit gambit with the explosive one to kill him"

Yes he does.  Explosive arrows don't make that big of an explosion.  They aren't designed to kill people.
#28 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, this kids almost got me changing my mind. Keep up the good work

#29 Edited by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio
Green Arrow killing someone behind a concrete wall



Here we see a titanic battle between GA and Solomon Grundy. This is a great feat on GA’s part.

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/...vsgrundyfm2.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/...sgrundy2yf3.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/...sgrundy3fa0.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/...sgrundy4wh2.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/...sgrundy5mr1.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/...sgrundy6zp0.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/...sgrundy7zx2.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/...sgrundy8hs0.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/...sgrundy9lc4.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/...grundy10wn2.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/...grundy11ol9.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/...grundy12cr3.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/...grundy13ln3.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/...grundy14lp3.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/...grundy15xz0.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/...grundy16be4.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/...grundy17nu5.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/...grundy18eg6.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/...grundy19ze7.jpg

Prepped Green Arrow vs Deathstroke-


http://img34.imagevenue.com/img.php...85_gaslade1.jpg
http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.ph...92_gaslade2.jpg
http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php...97_gaslade3.jpg
http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.ph...04_gaslade4.jpg
http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?...39_gaslade5.jpg
http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.ph...46_gaslade6.jpg
http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.ph...51_gaslade7.jpg
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php...57_gaslade8.jpg
http://img148.imagevenue.com/img.ph...66_gaslade9.jpg
http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.ph...2_gaslade10.jpg
http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.ph...0_gaslade11.jpg
http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php...7_gaslade12.jpg
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.ph...2_gaslade13.jpg
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.ph...8_gaslade14.jpg
http://img137.imagevenue.com/img.ph...4_gaslade15.jpg
http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.ph...1_gaslade16.jpg
http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.ph...6_gaslade17.jpg
http://img102.imagevenue.com/img.ph...4_gaslade18.jpg
http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.ph...0_gaslade19.jpg
http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.ph...5_gaslade20.jpg
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.ph...4_gaslade21.jpg
http://img145.imagevenue.com/img.ph...1_gaslade22.jpg


To me with 5 days, prep this = curbstomp
#30 Posted by Licensed by Royalty (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong Green Arrow dude.

#31 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Oops... DAMMIT well anyway dont bother posting the real arrow vs gambit...

#32 Posted by Licensed by Royalty (18 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
"Oops... DAMMIT well anyway dont bother posting the real arrow vs gambit..."
Cause we all know Gambit wins.
#33 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

And Deathstroke was completely going easy on him too.

He wanted to be arrested so he could hire Drakon.

#34 Posted by Buckshot (19351 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Man, this kids almost got me changing my mind. Keep up the good work"
Same here.
Moderator
#35 Edited by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio



#36 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio






I'm no givver upper
#37 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

Still no arguement from me that Connor could beat down Gambit from near or far.

I just don't think a wounded Connor could do it and I still think Gambit gets the first hit.

In different terrain, I'd likely give Connor the nod.

#38 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Question is, who finds who first. and since gambit isnt likely to go up skyscrapers and look from a birdseye view, Connor has the preemptive strike and if gambit doesnt see the arrow comming, hes long dead. 2 mile shot range is a dead aim if you ask me

#39 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio


Taking on a battalion and winning, no chance for the cajun
#40 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Posty post

#41 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Connor fighting 3 jade monkey who just took out a Kobra base





Agility feat



And the best, fighting  Shiva








okay im done, (for now) if anyone comes in and says "gambit wins" then dont bother, if you cant provide evidence.

#42 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Zoom, Gambler, Buckshot? Anyone?

#43 Posted by Licensed by Royalty (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I had scans all ready for post but something happen.

Hold on.

#44 Edited by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

np i has time and coffee

#45 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10214 posts) - - Show Bio


Aim
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption
#46 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright that helps, so basically if Gambit saw the arrow comming he could dodge it, so still leaves the quesion open who sees who first? as i said Connor usually going up-top should give him the advantage plus the five days prep which gambit would do what with?

#47 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10214 posts) - - Show Bio

The prep is something that I dont know much about with Gambit.I'm sure he can pull something off though.

#48 Posted by Adam Warlock (656 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we have yet to see gambit use prep for something lol

#49 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Adam that Gambit's use of prep isn't on par with Connor's.

#50 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82981 posts) - - Show Bio
Adam Warlock said:
"Alright that helps, so basically if Gambit saw the arrow comming he could dodge it, so still leaves the quesion open who sees who first? as i said Connor usually going up-top should give him the advantage plus the five days prep which gambit would do what with?"
Gambit also goes up top (buildings, houses, churches) to get a better view.