User Lists: 0

Gambit:

No Caption Provided

vs

Black Panther:

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Gambit gets his cards and staff.
  • BP gets his vibranium suit, energy daggers, and claws.
  • Both are morals off/bloodlusted.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • Victory by death.

No Caption Provided
  • Combatants start 20 feet away and visible.

Who wins and why??

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Black Panther would win very easily because of his vibranium suit, without it though he might lose.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope BP rips his face off. Man, really I hate Gambit, I wish he'd just goes away.

So yeah, I'm not only picking Panther to win but I'm rooting for him too.

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gracetrack

They are both morals off and bloodlusted? I'm edging this one to Gambit in a very tough battle. Pretty much all he has to do is touch any part of Panther and it's going to be cause for major concern for Beeps. And Remy is more than quick enough to keep up with him and touch him.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther is more on Spider-Man's level than Gambit's.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rag_man: one does not simply hate Gambit

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: Really? He's very enhanced, has tech that lets him teleport, smack Namor around, and he's given Peter a hard time before in a fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: Black panthers vibranium suit would protect him from gambit charging him. Black panther on the other hand can end this with one hit.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gracetrack

@jacthripper said:

Really? He's very enhanced, has tech that lets him teleport, smack Namor around, and he's given Peter a hard time before in a fight.

Story and context? I see Black Panther somewhere between Gambit and Spidey level overall, but closer to Gambit's end of the spectrum.

@jashro44 said:

Black panthers vibranium suit would protect him from gambit charging him. Black panther on the other hand can end this with one hit.

We know the suit would protect him? I think it's fairly reasonable to assume it would still cause an explosion (of some magnitude) if kinetically charged by Gambit, even if the suit itself doesn't actually explode... same as what happened to Cap's shield. Granted, Cap's shield isn't solely vibranium, but I don't think it matters.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: The explosion would be on the outside of the suit where as black panther on the inside. He needs to get around the vibranium suit and I question if gambit can work around it. If anything gambit going cqc and charging black panthers suit increases his chances of getting caught in an explosion.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gracetrack

@jashro44 said:

The explosion would be on the outside of the suit where as black panther on the inside. He needs to get around the vibranium suit and I question if gambit can work around it. If anything gambit going cqc and charging black panthers suit increases his chances of getting caught in an explosion.

?

I'm not really sure I understand the thought process behind this. Why would the explosion be limited to the outside? Am I missing something?

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: honestly i know BPs your guy but i can't see him beating morals off gambit, thats basically death gambit and BP won't have a c.hance

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think theres many if any street levelers that can beat morals off gambit tbh,you all forgetting he still has access to Death persona?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: To my knowledge gambit hasn't gone death in years. Likewise I don't know what gambit did as death so I am only arguing against regular gambit since I am kind of familiar with him.

@omnicrono: Because gambit can only charge the outside of the suit. How is he touching the inside of the suit?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gracetrack

@jashro44 said:

Because gambit can only charge the outside of the suit. How is he touching the inside of the suit?

That's what I don't understand. Why would he need to charge both sides if it's one object? If he touches the outside of the BP's mask to charge it, I'm pretty sure he can charge the whole mask, inside and out, because it's all connected... it's one object.

So you're saying he needs charge both sides of a card or coin in order to charge all of it? I didn't think his powers worked that way, but if you can provide statements and/or examples that show they work like that, then I'm more than willing to change my view on the matter.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gracetrack

I dont think theres many if any street levelers that can beat morals off gambit tbh,you all forgetting he still has access to Death persona?

Oh yeah, if he still has access to his Death powers, then to me there's no question he beats BP here. I was debating standard Gambit powers.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Because gambit can only charge the outside of the suit. How is he touching the inside of the suit?

That's what I don't understand. Why would he need to charge both sides if it's one object? If he touches the outside of the BP's mask to charge it, I'm pretty sure he can charge the whole mask, inside and out, because it's all connected... it's one object.

So you're saying he needs charge both sides of a card or coin in order to charge all of it? I didn't think his powers worked that way, but if you can provide statements and/or examples that show they work like that, then I'm more than willing to change my view on the matter.

Yea. I'm not basing this on a statement just on the fact he needs to touch something for his powers to work and the fact an explosion is when a shockwave blows something apart by expanding outwards. Just logically if he is charging energy into the outside of the suit the energy should expand outward from what I know of explosions. There would still be an explosion on the outside of the suit but since the suit wouldn't be destroyed (unless Gambit overloads it) I don't think it would really do much to black panther.

I think we just look at this differently. The way I see it if its the outside of the suit that is getting charged thats where the explosion would be. I am just speculating though so I could be wrong. Regardless I don't think it matters much either way. They can basically both kill each other with a touch if black panther can't tank the explosion. Gambit by exploding black panther in that case and Black Panther by just stabbing Gambit.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@omnicrono said:
@jashro44 said:

Yea. I'm not basing this on a statement just on the fact he needs to touch something for his powers to work and the fact an explosion is when a shockwave blows something apart by expanding outwards. Just logically if he is charging energy into the outside of the suit the energy should expand outward from what I know of explosions. There would still be an explosion on the outside of the suit but since the suit wouldn't be destroyed (unless Gambit overloads it) I don't think it would really do much to black panther.

I think we just look at this differently. The way I see it if its the outside of the suit that is getting charged thats where the explosion would be. I am just speculating though so I could be wrong. Regardless I don't think it matters much either way. They can basically both kill each other with a touch if black panther can't tank the explosion. Gambit by exploding black panther in that case and Black Panther by just stabbing Gambit.

I understand what both of you are saying. Omni is saying Gambit will be charging the molecules of the suit. Inside and out. Jash is saying it will only be on the outside. Because it's molecules i'm thinking Omni is right. Still can Gambit produce enough energy to KO Panther? With the suit and BP durability, i'm not sure Gambit can put him down in one attack. Until further proof i'm going with Tchalla 8/10

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jashro44

@pooty: Yea thats what I was saying. All though if the vibranium suit doesn't protect black panther and gambit does successfully charge T'challa than I doubt T'challa will tank it since Gambit is morals off. I believe gambit got a upgrade in his latest solo. Not sure if he's done anything but I remember @god_spawn telling me about it.

All though either way I think black panther can win. I think depending on how his suit protects him determines how many times out of 10 he would win.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@omnicrono: Black panthers vibranium suit would protect him from gambit charging him. Black panther on the other hand can end this with one hit.

Agreed with the first but the second depends on where he lands the hit, Gambit's speed and acrobatics would make this fight last a few seconds.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Agreed with the first but the second depends on where he lands the hit, Gambit's speed and acrobatics would make this fight last a few seconds.

Not necessarily. Energy daggers can be used to conduct through someones entire body. I agree Gambit has the edge in reflexes and agility but I think black panther has the edge in skill. And since you agree with me the vibranium suit would protect black panther I don't see how you can think Gambit ends this in seconds.

dannnieguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dannnieguy

black panther curbstomps this is spite

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Panther

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@elderskaar said:
@jashro44 said:

Not necessarily. Energy daggers can be used to conduct through someones entire body. I agree Gambit has the edge in reflexes and agility but I think black panther has the edge in skill. And since you agree with me the vibranium suit would protect black panther I don't see how you can think Gambit ends this in seconds.

haha I meant that this fight will last a few seconds until BP will finally get an hold of him and then it is over.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Black Panther kicks his Cajun ass

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP wins then Gambit is pissed off so they play poker or Black Jack and Gambit wins.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#31 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@pooty: Yea thats what I was saying. All though if the vibranium suit doesn't protect black panther and gambit does successfully charge T'challa than I doubt T'challa will tank it since Gambit is morals off. I believe gambit got a upgrade in his latest solo. Not sure if he's done anything but I remember @god_spawn telling me about it.

All though either way I think black panther can win. I think depending on how his suit protects him determines how many times out of 10 he would win.

He did get an upgrade but throughout the entire All New X-Factor it was never mentioned or shown, so I say it was largely ignored. And charging the suit is a tricky subject. I had a theory that if Gambit were to charge Cap's shield or adamantium, and this was all before AvX had him charge Cap's suit, but the molecules of adamantium and the vibranium special properties are so tightly packed together that it would explode but have no internal ramifications as the molecules would have no room to move. Given T'Challa's suit being made of vibranium, I don't necessarily believe the internal part of the suit would suffer much damage even if there is an outward explosion. It's just my theory, though.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

BP

Grayzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way It will be a good fight, I think both fighters are close in terms of skill. I don't think Gambit's explosions will do much damage to T'Challa with the suit but I could be wrong. So I give the edge to T'Challa.

livewyre718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

t'challa

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gracetrack

@pooty said:
@jashro44 said:

I understand what both of you are saying. Omni is saying Gambit will be charging the molecules of the suit. Inside and out. Jash is saying it will only be on the outside. Because it's molecules i'm thinking Omni is right. Still can Gambit produce enough energy to KO Panther? With the suit and BP durability, i'm not sure Gambit can put him down in one attack. Until further proof i'm going with Tchalla 8/10

I don't know... I just think that if Gambit touches the suit to charge it, the explosion is going to happen in all directions; not simply away from BP's body, but inward toward his body as well. The effect should be the same as if BP had dynamite strapped to his bare skin. Anyway, that's just me.

Can Gambit produce a powerful enough explosion to KO him? That's another question, but either way it's going to be an impressive explosion if his AvX encounter versus Cap is any indication. And in that battle he wasn't even going all out (for the kill).

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

BP