Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NimaMindTricks

Gambit/Batman Beyond

vs

Elektra/Star-Lord

Rules

• Random Encounter
  • Fight location: abandoned loading dock, near the harbor at night. Street lights are on. Storage units, barrels, forklifts, boats, etc in the area
  • Fight starts 75 feet from each other
  • Standard Gear for both sides (Star-Lord has pre Marvel NOW gear/armor as pictured)
  • Victory by any means
NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Elektra vs gambit is a close fight. I'll take a Elektra for now but I would like to see an argument for gambit. Not sure about starlord vs batman beyond.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@nimamindtricks: Team 1

Gambit will beat Elektra

Terry might get slagged but Gambit will pick up the slack

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Gambit has the skill and believe it or not he has better physicals to hang with Elektra and his cards will be enough to put her over the top

Starlord with this gear may have some serious trouble with Terry due to the fact that his armor is pretty bullet proof

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@jashro44: Gambit has the skill and believe it or not he has better physicals to hang with Elektra and his cards will be enough to put her over the top

Starlord with this gear may have some serious trouble with Terry due to the fact that his armor is pretty bullet proof

I doubt Star-Lord used standard bullets

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

I'm willing to argue elektra is more skilled than gambit. I don't think gambits physical feats are really better. His cards could be a problem but who has he tagged that is as fast and agile as elektra?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: I an not sure but to be fair he did kill elektra....Just because a fight goes down one way once doesn't mean it will always go down that way.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nimamindtricks: I an not sure but to be fair he did kill elektra....Just because a fight goes down one way once doesn't mean it will always go down that way.

But her skill has increased since her death. She beat him handily in their second encounter, while recovering from surgery and kinda drugged up.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say Team 2

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

But her skill has increased since her death. She beat him handily in their second encounter, while recovering from surgery and kinda drugged up.

I believe your referring to there 3rd encounter. There second was when bullseye studied her entire life to have an advantage and knew exactly what she was going to do, was toying around until he started having a nervous breakdown and than she beat him.

All though I agree elektra is better than bullseye thats not really the point. I don't think one loss to bullseye should be a measurement here.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star-Lord will never be that impressive to me lol

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I wasn't referring to a loss. I was referring to combating someone with superior reflexes in general.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I wasn't referring to a loss. I was referring to combating someone with superior reflexes in general.

Gambit has better reflex feats than bullseye though. I think a fight with bullseye and gambit can potentially go either way for the record.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nimamindtricks said:

Gambit has better reflex feats than bullseye though. I think a fight with bullseye and gambit can potentially go either way for the record.

it would but Gambit posses some of the best reflex feats in street level

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@jashro44 said:

@nimamindtricks said:

it would but Gambit posses some of the best reflex feats in street level

I still say elektra beats him :p

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Star lord can take BB if he keeps his distance, which he will since he js use to fighting beings that are physically superior.

Elektra is much more skilled than gambit but he won't throw his cards that much because of the environment. But elektra will close the gap with the containers and potentially take him out

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44@serrure who are some notable hand to hand fighters Gambit has defeated??

He held his own with daredevil briefly all though the fight never really concluded. He did pretty well against daken.

@serrure said:

@jashro44: and thats ok. its ok to be wrong.

I'm never wrong.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@nimamindtricks said:

@jashro44@serrure who are some notable hand to hand fighters Gambit has defeated??

beat Blade, stalemated Daredevil, beat moon knight

He never beat blade IIRC it was inconclusive. And when did he fight moon knight?

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By serrure

@jashro44: dont remember when but it was during A v X

No Caption Provided

and Blade was floored... far from inconclusive

No Caption Provided

Gambit could have finished him if he wanted too... counts as a win in my book

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jashro44

@serrure: Do you have the full moon knight fight? Or know the issue? It doesn't look like moon knight is down and even if he were gambit "won" with the use of his and because moon knight decided to block his attack.

I can see the fight with blade as a good showing for gambit. But I think elektras showing in wolverine/elektra the redeemer is a bit better:

Now I know some people argue that wolverine was protecting a family however that doesn't really change what happened. Elektra still managed to see through wolverines feint, and when he tried to draw her in she pretended to fall for it but then spun out of the gap. She than blocks his attack downwards, and nearly takes his throat, and let wolverine wound her in order to draw her out. She basically countered his feints and fakes while faking wolverine out. So even bearing in mind the fact that wolverine did have to protect a family he still fell for elektras feints...I'm not saying elektra is better than wolverine but I think this shows she can contend with him in skill.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By serrure

@jashro44: Gambit is faster and has enough skill to hold off Elektra for more than an extended period time

however star lord vs Batman Beyond scares me

if team 2 wins Starlord is MVP not Elektra

and im one of the big 3 who defended Elektra in the great fanboy vote of Green Arrow vs Elektra

EDIT* also for some reason i dont have the full fight and wont be able to get it for at least 5 days but probably more

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

@serrure said:

@jashro44: Gambit is faster and has enough skill to hold off Elektra for more than an extended period time

however star lord vs Batman Beyond scares me

if team 2 wins Starlord is MVP not Elektra

and im one of the big 3 who defended Elektra in the great fanboy vote of Green Arrow vs Elektra

EDIT* also for some reason i dont have the full fight and wont be able to get it for at least 5 days but probably more

I don't think gambit is much faster. To my knowledge his best speed feat is deflecting an entire clip of bullets which is something elektra has done:

No Caption Provided

As for star lord vs batman beyond I'm not knowledgeable enough to debate that :p

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: actually one of his best feats is

No Caption Provided

takes out Spideys web balls after Spidey shot them

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: Spider-mans webbing may move around bullet speed but there not that much faster. And web balls are bigger than bullets so they would be easier to target.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By serrure

@jashro44 said:

@serrure: Spider-mans webbing may move around bullet speed but there not that much faster. And web balls are bigger than bullets so they would be easier to target.

Spidey still clearly shot them first.

No Caption Provided

however Gambit also dodged Iron Mans repulsars quote "youre faster than my targeting comptuers"

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: I imagine that feat would be WIS considering iron man in extremis was performing calculations in picoseconds. If we want to toss around high end feats I can bring up how elektra stomped taskmaster, and was said to be faster than taskmaster who has his own high end feats, and she also recently defeated cape crowe who defeated a team of bullseye, taskmaster, sabretooth, and bushwacker (admittedly she used assassin instinct to counter his combat TP). All though I don't think gambits speed would really overwhelm elektra.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By serrure

@jashro44: not its not WIS Gambit literally has Spider level speed, he has some of the best reaction speeds of all street level.

also it was an empty suit, not occupied by Stark

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@jashro44: not its not WIS Gambit literally has Spider level speed, he has some of the best reaction speeds of all street level.

I don't really agree with the spider-man comment but even ignoring that spider-man shouldn't be moving faster than iron mans targeting computer to be honest and neither should gambit. At least not faster than the extremis/bleeding edge one. The whole point of getting was to be faster, and not only did Tony perform calculations in picoseconds, but he also was blitzing mallen who was moving faster than his old armors targeting computer.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: sorry you missed my edit, (but the dude matrixed automatic rifle fire) but Starks suit wasnt occupied it was deployed by Stark for emergencies it was a drone

Gambits speed is that good dude

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@jashro44: sorry you missed my edit, (but the dude matrixed automatic rifle fire) but Starks suit wasnt occupied it was deployed by Stark for emergencies it was a drone

Gambits speed is that good dude

So that wasn't bleeding edge iron man just for clarification sake?

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: naw it was probably one of his pre-extremis ones tbh

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@jashro44: naw it was probably one of his pre-extremis ones tbh

OK thats acceptable. Still though I don't think elektras speed is that far behind to the point her skill can't compensate.