Galen Marek vs Marvel team

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe face off against one of the most powerful force users of all time.

The MCU Avengers roster includes:

Thor

Iron Man

Hulk

War Machine

Galen Marek has all powers displayed however any abilities which impact directly on the body internally [grip, choke etc] are negated for this battle, telekinesis, lightning, speed etc are fine.

Iron Man has 5 days prep time to come up with 2 powerful suits for him & Rhodey but has no knowledge of the opponent. Current Iron Man with all of the knowledge/experience garnered from the construction of the Iron Legion and Extremis. Thor has Mjolnir.

Fight takes place in an populated Times Square. Begin 30 feet apart. Marek has a solid knowledge of the team. He is bloodlusted, Team have Morals on with no knowledge of Galen but know he is going to try and kill them.

Round 1: Marek has 1 lightsaber.

Round 2: Marek has no lightsaber.

Win by death or KO

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhhhhhhh.....

Galen both rounds.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

An argument can be made for any of these characters (save for James) to beat Galen on their own. Altogether and with prep, Marek becomes one with the Force..again.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Round 1: The team

Round 2: The Abomination

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marek isn't going to win. Not a stomp, but not winning against all four of them.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Round 1: The team

Round 2: The Abomination

Marek?

Wait....Reverse that. Galen stands a better chance with his Lightsaber then without it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dccomicsrule2011: I think you meant to put it the other way around since Marek has his lightsaber in round 1 not 2.

EDIT: NVM, I saw your correction :P

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

he would have a better chance if it was night time or something but he cant take them all. iron man and war machine can die though. if galen plays his cards right

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jmarshmallow

There's no way he's taking on all four of them.

Just War Machine? Epic stomps!

Just Iron Man? Yeah!

Just Thor? It's slightly possible.

Just Hulk? Ehhhh....

All together? Nope, you're done.

Jmarshmallow

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the team wins based on my limited SW knowledge. Even with stuff like Force choke I bet he couldn't win.

Just_J79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With 1 lightsaber? Your kidding right? With no lightsaber? Your really overestimating him. If he were to have any shot at all, even going one on one with someone like Thor, he would need both.

I love SW and Galen is one of my favorite characters. He is incredibly powerful in his own right but no sabers is a misjudge of his powers and the marvel teams powers. Galens is one of the best users of Form 3 and 4. It's like having Batman fight without using his martial art prowess. This battle is a mismatch. Now maybe Galen and Starkiller his clone who was a bit more ruthless with dual sabers is a better match.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marek loses both battles soundly, and he isn't one of the most powerful Force-users of all time.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

Marek loses both battles soundly, and he isn't one of the most powerful Force-users of all time.

This.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18 JediXMan  Moderator

Also, people need to stop thinking that Galen used two lightsabers. He never did - his clone did. Yes, clone. The protagonist from TFUII is a clone of the original; the protagonist of the first TFU is dead.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

There are a bunch of people who disagree here - Why no debate!? :P

@jedixman said:

Also, people need to stop thinking that Galen used two lightsabers. He never did - his clone did. Yes, clone. The protagonist from TFUII is a clone of the original; the protagonist of the first TFU is dead.

Who said he has 2 lightsabers?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

He was probably in the tier just below highest. He would get stomped by the likes of Aboleth, Master Luke etc but he was still one of the greatest force wielders, even if he's only in the top 100.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Top 100 =/= highest tier, or even second highest tier, LOL.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

@shootingnova: Well since there have been billions of force wielders I would say top 100 is second tier.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

@rogueshadow: Ummm...... No.

Let's assume the Bedlam Spirits are omnipotent for the sake of it. (no proof for or against this)

1. Bedlam Spirits

2. The Ones, and Abeloth

3. Luke Skywalker

4. Palpatine

5. Caedus

etc. Marek has no place anywhere near them. Tier 2 is the Ones of Mortis and Abeloth.

Even if you refuse to believe in the Spirits and the Ones, Palpatine is the sole person in tier 2 - Marek is far behind.

Anyways this is getting off-topic.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Ummm...... No.

Let's assume the Bedlam Spirits are omnipotent for the sake of it. (no proof for or against this)

1. Bedlam Spirits

2. The Ones, and Abeloth

3. Luke Skywalker

4. Palpatine

5. Caedus

etc. Marek has no place anywhere near them. Tier 2 is the Ones of Mortis and Abeloth.

I agree with that list. I didn't say he did have any place among them. Yeah definitely not tier 2 in that sense, I get where you're coming from, but I was grouping them in my mind in broader terms I was saying he's an incredibly powerful force user relatively, because in context, there are billions of force users in history, 88th would make you amongst the most powerful in an ordinal representation of the data, therefore amongst the most powerful, I agree he's nowhere near Palpatine, Caedus etc.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

@rogueshadow: Billions of force-users, but 99.98% of them are random no-names, and should be dismissed as fodder.

I am still uneasy about calling Marek "one of the most powerful Force-users". That would sound like top 10 for me.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator

@shootingnova: The thing is that we agree, the only difference is that you are grouping them on a qualitative scale, I'm doing it on a quantitative scale, I agree that for you, since your setting them into progressive tiers based on power that he's definitely not in tier 1 or 2. But numerically he definitely is. So basically we agree :P

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

@rogueshadow: I honestly still refuse to call Marek one of the most powerful Force-users of all time, LOL. And I'm stubborn.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Yep. And as I said before, Marek loses both.

Speedblitz isn't an option here, and as a result, Marek loses horribly in the physical department.

Beyond that, he can't really harm Thor (well, maybe?) or Hulk and the time it would take for him to harm any of them is time sufficient enough for the other three to kill him, and they can do so simply because he cannot resist their attacks.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogueshadow  Moderator
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I wouldn't say Marek is one of the best Form III or IV users, he's probably worse than Bane and Qui-Gon for forms III and IV, respectively.

The best ones for III would be (in my opinion, though obviously based on canonical evidence): Yoda, Palpatine, Luke, Obi-Wan and Zannah (in no order)

And for IV: Yoda, Palpatine, Luke, Qui-Gon and possibly Kas'im? I know I'm forgetting somebody here.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: My reply to you was only "yep". The rest of it was more directed to the public.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: LOL.:D

You can't master Form 0, since it is a principle as opposed a collection of techniques.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 juiceboks  Moderator

Also, I wouldn't say Marek is one of the best Form III or IV users, he's probably worse than Bane and Qui-Gon for forms III and IV, respectively.

The best ones for III would be (in my opinion, though obviously based on canonical evidence): Yoda, Palpatine, Luke, Obi-Wan and Zannah (in no order)

And for IV: Yoda, Palpatine, Luke, Qui-Gon and possibly Kas'im? I know I'm forgetting somebody here.

Mara Jade and Ki Adi Mundi deserve honorable mention IMO.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ShootingNova

@juiceboks: Ki-Adi Mundi was the one I was forgetting :)

And Mara Jade.... probably. She's better than Qui-Gon IMHO.

Although I'm so sleepy it isn't even funny. I should just go to sleep or else I'll forget everything... LOL.

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galen marek is a force to be reckon with.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#38  Edited By Joygirl

Starkiller should win without a ton of difficulty.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Edude117
niceguy609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By niceguy609

DUDE....... starkiller is NOT!! that powerful to take on this team.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does he have unarmed combat feats?

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MorganFreeman

@jedixman said:

@shootingnova said:

This.

It's hard to choose which part is more correct.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nitenovanavium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nitenovanavium
No Caption Provided

Sorry Galen, I couldn't hear you over Thor Soloing you. >.>

Galen could not manage to defeat Vader in a straight Duel, without a lightsaber he's fighting a hundreds if not thousands of years old GOD who is more than capable of destroying small planetoids and throwing his weapon at post light speed. Even without them, I would hazard that Thor could easily withstand most of Galen's force powers short of extreme feats, and even then, Thors extreme feats are far superior.

Galen 'redirected' a Star destroyer coming into the atmosphere. Thor could have thrown his hammer into it and probably shattered it to pieces. Thor can also breathe in space... Galen cannot, as far as I'm aware.

With morals on, Thor would test Galen and his full power, Galen would scarcely be able to hurt Thor through his skin with his lightsaber, as he's (Thor has) managed to stay inside, or within reach of a black hole, and dealt with both Surturs, and Dark Pheonix's fire, a lightsaber does not compare to that heat, or it might be close, but Thor didn't lose a limb to either threat. Conclusively, force repulse is one of Galen's strongest feats, and that near obliterates normal organic or material matter, but, Thor is far from normal. It would hurt, hell, it may even Injure, Thor. But Thor could take hits from beings that do the exact same thing, while Galen has nowhere near that form of durability, as he did not specialize in physical potential. Galen entering Force rage, is his greatest weapon, but it tires him, and him using it, it dedicating into it, when he did it, Thor would likely actually view him as a threat, and stomp him out with a single blow, which Galen would not be able to avoid, or resist for very long.

Galen is slower,

Galen is weaker,

Galen is less magically potent,

Galen is less durable,

& has inferior equipment.

Though, without Thor, i think he stands a chance against the other 3, Hulk would be the big issue~

nitenovanavium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nitenovanavium

Note: just saw it as movie Thor, who I would still like to support he took a blow from the Destroyer armour, which is still freakishly strong. He destroyed hundreds of Aliens at a time with his lightning and could move at post sonic speeds with ease.

Darth Nihilus, would give Thor a good fight. Or Revan maybe, if in pure single combat.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Sorry Galen, I couldn't hear you over Thor Soloing you. >.>

Galen could not manage to defeat Vader in a straight Duel, without a lightsaber he's fighting a hundreds if not thousands of years old GOD who is more than capable of destroying small planetoids and throwing his weapon at post light speed. Even without them, I would hazard that Thor could easily withstand most of Galen's force powers short of extreme feats, and even then, Thors extreme feats are far superior.

Galen 'redirected' a Star destroyer coming into the atmosphere. Thor could have thrown his hammer into it and probably shattered it to pieces. Thor can also breathe in space... Galen cannot, as far as I'm aware.

With morals on, Thor would test Galen and his full power, Galen would scarcely be able to hurt Thor through his skin with his lightsaber, as he's (Thor has) managed to stay inside, or within reach of a black hole, and dealt with both Surturs, and Dark Pheonix's fire, a lightsaber does not compare to that heat, or it might be close, but Thor didn't lose a limb to either threat. Conclusively, force repulse is one of Galen's strongest feats, and that near obliterates normal organic or material matter, but, Thor is far from normal. It would hurt, hell, it may even Injure, Thor. But Thor could take hits from beings that do the exact same thing, while Galen has nowhere near that form of durability, as he did not specialize in physical potential. Galen entering Force rage, is his greatest weapon, but it tires him, and him using it, it dedicating into it, when he did it, Thor would likely actually view him as a threat, and stomp him out with a single blow, which Galen would not be able to avoid, or resist for very long.

Galen is slower,

Galen is weaker,

Galen is less magically potent,

Galen is less durable,

& has inferior equipment.

Though, without Thor, i think he stands a chance against the other 3, Hulk would be the big issue~

Such a well thought out and detailed argument, but based on the wrong Thor. I honestly see Galen being able to take these guys on.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3