• 129 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Round 1 They fight in a forest. lightsabers only. Marek has 2 sabers,anakin has 1

Round 2 they fight in Rome of 1400's. Both go all out with powers.(Both are healthy and clear minded)

Round 3 Fight in rainy/thundering gotham city. 3 way battle between galen,anakin and darth maul.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galen marek maybe

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin would win all three rounds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nooo. not all 3

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

Anakin, all 3.

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Anakin all 3

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin. His emotions would probably trouble himself and make it a good fight, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would have a CHANCE against marek with a clearmind but not the others.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Anakin, he's a far better duellist, and is about the same in raw force powers, probably better, obviously he's potentially a lot more powerful.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: your right on some part but Marek is eqaul or even better duelist and he has some mighty force power.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dajhonmccloud: Marek doesn't come close to Anakin in lightsaber skill, his Djem So is frighteningly good. Marek's force abilities are about equal in power, but not in potential.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Anakin wins all 3 rounds.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By generator2000

Marek is a better duelist, to me. He did outfight / Vader in his prime. Marek takes the first round.

Anakin has potential, but I have not seen anything that proves that he could last against Galen Marek.

Maul is a non factor and I still give it to Marek.

Anakin may have more potential, but potential doesn't mean anything. Marek has proven himself to be more powerful than Anakin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadowthis

Marek is a better duelist, to me. He did outfight / Vader in his prime. Marek takes the first round.

Anakin has potential, but I have not seen anything that proves that he could last against Galen Marek.

Anakin may have more potential, but potential doesn't mean anything. Marek has proven himself to be more powerful than Anakin.

This

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Intrepid37

He did outfight / Vader in his prime.

lol

That's false. According to Fight Saber, Vader advanced his lightsaber technique and such gained evidently more skill after the events of ANH. According to the same source, he gains further skill after the events of ESB, and, again according to the same source, was ''at the height of his power'' in ESB (Vader's own musings are that he was more powerful than ever in RotJ; but the novelization was released before Fight Saber. I have been debating with myself what source is correct and what one is not, but for now, it might just be a retcon). Further more, when Vader and Ben dueled in ANH, they were ''but shadows of their former selves'': not only did Marek fight a Vader whose skills and powers had not been properly examined, it was a Vader not even equal to Anakin. Then we can draw on the fact that Marek only beat Vader because of the environment (Marek abused telekinesis and threw a shield generator on Vader, which exploded and weakened him), his knowledge of Vader's style (an advantage that other combatants might not have), and that he was faster than Vader (Anakin is faster than Marek anyway, so this point is moot).

It only gets worse for Marek if we draw comparisons from his other duels. Against Shaak Ti, who is, to be honest, featless, he almost lost and would have if not for terrible writing; against Maris Brood, a mere student, they were only roughly equal until he switched forms; against Kazden Paratus, Marek was losing the duel and only gained the upper hand when Paratus' mannequins were destroyed which left him mad and crying; and against Rahm Kota, who is also featless, they only roughly stalemated until Kota had a vision which interrupted the duel, and because Kota was getting tired, which Anakin won't be.

The only thing Marek has on Vader is raw power. Anakin with a solid state of mind would crush him in a fight, and even then, an unstable Anakin will still win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: No what makes you think hes faster than Marek. no just no. and anakin would definatley not crush marek. if he did beat marek it would be an epic fight. and anakin would be torn up IF he walks away victorious.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer

@intrepid37: Might I get, if you would be so kind in PM. As to the quotes where Vader did get stronger/better over time? In order to counteract some other posts elsewhere on another site...

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dajhonmccloud: Uh, his better speed feats? Marek only moved slightly faster than Vader and otherwise, he has only run/fought in blurs. Anakin has done that and more. For example, whirling his blade fast enough to produce an entire ''haze'' of blurring trails big enough cover Dooku's entire line of sight is incredibly fast and out of Marek's league.

No, it would not. As I said, Marek beat Vader due to circumstancial factors, and this Vader was not even close to Anakin's level.

Marek was losing all of his duels against duelists not even close to Anakin's level in skill, speed or power. He has a couple of extremely impressive telekinetic displays in the novelizations, but otherwise, he is the result of non-canon gameplay mechanics.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I'll PM you the relevant scans I have taken of the pages.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: I hope your talking about movie anakin and take a look at all of anakins moment from his movies. then go look at tfu2 marek trailers. he clearly doesnt match marek in power or saber dueling. anakin is good with his saber but marek is eqaul or better.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: I recall Vader stating that he was stronger in A New Hope. Anakin would get crushed. You know what Marek's battles showed? It showed that he takes advantage of his environment and he doesn't hold back. Marek could probably crush Anakin with his power alone. Marek has defeated more powerful Jedi than Anakin. The best opponent had ever beaten was Dooku. Marek defeated the Emperor, technically. How would Anakin stand a chance? Anakin may be a better swordsman, but that is it. Marek would just crush Anakin with force power alone. Anakin in his right mind might stand a chance, but crazed Anakin makes dumb decisions and ultimately got put on life support because of them. Anakin is fast and a good swordsman, but Marek has too much raw force power and would literally smash Anakin.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Intrepid37

@generator2000: Are you serious? Marek never beat the Emperor. He was getting toyed with. As sources have told us, he was ''ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious''.

No Caption Provided

Regarding his amount of raw power, he does have that, but it has never benefited him. He never overwhelmed Kazden Paratus, Maris Brood, Rahm Kota or Shaak Ti through sheer Force prowess; why would he Anakin, who is a far more powerful combatant in comparison to those mentioned?

@dajhonmccloud: You just ignored everything I said. I said Marek has some extremely impressive telekinetic feats but is the result of gameplay mechanics. Regardless, Anakin has tipped over huge battlestations dwarfing starfighters in size as a Padawan. As for skill, Marek is far behind. He struggles with duelists who could get utterly destroyed by Anakin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37 OK what tells you anakin is better than marek in dueling,speed and skill. i was going off of the game. what are you going off of for marek.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dajhonmccloud: I go with the novelization most of the time because of citation purposes, but it doesn't really matter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: Oh thats straight in all But hear i was comparing the game version and feats and movie version and feats.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: I saw him standing over the Emperor with a lightsaber to his neck. I call that victory. Marek and step back and give the Emperor time to attack. I played the game. He had some issues with PAratus, He was standing over Kota, who was on cracked window of broken glass. Marek had the advantage. He beat Brood and the bull Rancor at the same time and he defeated Shaak Ti along with the giant sarlacc. Anakin is more powerful opponent, but Marek is better fighter who has faced worse odds. Anakin is more powerful, potentially, but Marek has more excess to raw force power. The Emperor wasn't bending over and taking it in the rear. He fought, and Marek technically won. Anakin is powerful, but not as skilled.

When did Anakin tip a battlestation over? No EU comics. Those are not canon.

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: I saw him standing over the Emperor with a lightsaber to his neck. I call that victory. Marek and step back and give the Emperor time to attack. I played the game. He had some issues with PAratus, He was standing over Kota, who was on cracked window of broken glass. Marek had the advantage. He beat Brood and the bull Rancor at the same time and he defeated Shaak Ti along with the giant sarlacc. Anakin is more powerful opponent, but Marek is better fighter who has faced worse odds. Anakin is more powerful, potentially, but Marek has more excess to raw force power. The Emperor wasn't bending over and taking it in the rear. He fought, and Marek technically won. Anakin is powerful, but not as skilled.

Game mechanics are not canon, yet you seem to be content with using those.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EU comics are canon....

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@generator2000: Not really. First, Marek only ''beat'' Palpatine because he latter had staged the entire battle. Second, you are well aware that when Marek attempted to absorb Palpatine's lightning, he was rewarded with strength that, according to himself, ''made his efforts with the dark side look like those of a child'' yet the explosion did nothing to Palpatine.

Energy surged through him. He felt as though a star had blazed to life in his chest. Driven by concern for his friends rather than himself, he embraced the Force completely, utterly, and was rewarded with strength that made his efforts with the dark side look like those of a child. His nerves were on fire. Streamers of light radiated from his skin. His bones glowed like radiant lava.

As confirmed by The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, he was ultimately no match for Sidious.

And yes, EU comics are canon. The Force Unleashed itself is EU.

@dajhonmccloud: Eh, there's not really much difference. The problem is that in the g ame, much of it is game mechanics which are non-canon, while in the novelization, everything is canon.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imboredletsdebate: So the entire game is non canon? So he never stood over Palpatine with his lightsaber to his neck and he never beat General Kota like that? Wow, I thought the cinematic scenes were canon. So he didn't stop the sarlacc or beat Shaak Ti? He never killed a bull rancor or beat Maris Brood? So Paratus never gave him trouble? Let me guess. He never was cloned, he never beat a 200 ft tall monster or traveled to Kamino? Let me guess, the part where he died was the only canon part? I thought Lucas himself stated that Video Games, TV or Movies were the canon material. Guess I was wrong.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin annihilates Galen. Seriously, people, stop putting Starkiller against people like Anakin, Yoda, Sidious, Luke, etc. Marek sucks and most Jedi/Sith are out of his league. Anyway, for round three, Maul might win if he pseudo-teams up with Starkiller and then kills Marek after they maybe kill Anakin. Maybe. But most likely, Anakin all three rounds.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@generator2000:

Marek is a better duelist, to me.

No, just no. Galen is a decent duelist at best.

He did outfight / Vader in his prime.

No he never, Vader didn't reach his prime until ROTJ. Nice try though.

Marek takes the first round.

He get's stomped by both in the first round....

Beating Ventress, beating Dooku.....etc Are all better then Marek's dueling feats which are decent at best and abysmal at least.

Hahahahahahahaha Maul anon-factor? No, just no.

Anakin may have more potential, but potential doesn't mean anything.

Anakin is more powerful then Marek is in the Force. He has pushed escape pods into the sun and tipped a dreadnought that was stated to be able to "raze a planet".

Marek has proven himself to be more powerful than Anakin.

Based off what? Galen never pulled down the ISD it was already falling: He never pulled down the Star destroyer, it was already falling, he simply guided it towards the junk cannon.

More. The Star Destroyer was really picking up speed now. The thickening atmosphere had a slight banking effect, but nothing could prevent the inevitable. It was going to hit soon.

--Taken from the Force Unleashed

Anakin has surpassed that feat by tipping an Separatist dreadnought:

Credit to silver2467 for the scans.

Both Anakin and Maul beats Marek here.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: He was ultimately no match, but he put up fight that I don't think Anakin could put up. Galen Marek has more power than Anakin. I don't think Anakin could stand up to a fraction of the force lightning Galen absorbed. Just my opinion.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

What is it with the Galan myth on here? Even I, with nowhere near the level of Star Wars expertise of other posters on here know that Malek is overrated. His duelling skills especially and his power hasn't helped him against most opponents. Anakin easily beats Malek all around and takes a little longer with Maul.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@lvenger:

What is it with the Galan myth on here?

I have no idea dude. Your guess is as good as mine. To tell you the truth I actually was indifferent towards Marek once upon a time. Now I can't stand him mainly because the fans say.....

" STARKILLER STOMPS, HE PULLED DOWN A ISD, HE STOMPED THA VADER AND HE AS BEATS DA EMPEROR. GALEN IS DA BEST CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF FICTION."

-______-

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Last I heard, GL stated that the only things he considered to be canon were Movies, video games and TV shows.

You are right, Maul would probably put up a fight. Ventress was an ok dueler, but she wasn't impressive. I consider your prime to be when you are most active. HOw come you underestimate his power? The machine Anakin destroyed was not as big as a Star Destroyer. Anakin is powerful, but I think Galen would win. you have an opinion, I have one too.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger:

What is it with the Galan myth on here?

I have no idea dude. Your guess is as good as mine. To tell you the truth I actually was indifferent towards Marek once upon a time. Now I can't stand him mainly because the fans say.....

" STARKILLER STOMPS, HE PULLED DOWN A ISD, HE STOMPED THA VADER AND HE AS BEATS DA EMPEROR. GALEN IS DA BEST CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF FICTION."

-______-

That kind of narrow reasoning always gets on my nerves given how restrictive it is.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins, but why is there a picture of Maul in the OP and the title? Regardless, Anakin takes all the rounds - not easily, but still will with superior strength and lightsaber feats.

Marek never, ever, defeated Palpatine. Palpatine played the fight, as he did with Windu - and Starkiller has had trouble with the likes of Shaak Ti.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin

Avatar image for earthquake_2123
Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

What is it with the Galan myth on here? Even I, with nowhere near the level of Star Wars expertise of other posters on here know that Malek is overrated. His dueling skills especially and his power hasn't helped him against most opponents. Anakin easily beats Malek all around and takes a little longer with Maul.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By oceanmaster21

anakin all 3 rounds

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Intrepid37

@generator2000: No, he never put up a fight. As mentioned numerous times, Palpatine had staged it. He wanted Marek to become his new apprentice. In your prefered game, Marek notes ''he's more powerful than you think!'', and the explosion caused by the energies channeled between Marek and the Emperor literally disintegrates Marek; but Palpatine? He's unhurt.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: He isn't actually disintegrated, since you still see his body, but yes, he died.