#1 Edited by Casublett (175 posts) - - Show Bio
       ******  TITLE MEANT TO SAY PRE-52 DC *****                                ******  TITLE MEANT TO SAY PRE-52 DC *****

Scenario:  Plays out the same as Marvel history, with Silver Surfer coming to earth to Herald the coming of Galactus, EXPECT

It's the pre-52 DC Universe.  The Surfer lands in Metropolis, having already sent the call for Galactus to feed.  Superman is his first contact.

No Watcher/Ultimate Nullifier for the dreaded deus ex machina/PIS.

Any active and alive pre-52 Justice League (except for Spectre level characters) members can join the fray.

Everyone is in character but with no misconceptions about the magnitude of the danger.

Who Wins and why?
#2 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is no Fantastic Four, then there is, as you already pointed out, no ultimate nullifier and no Uatu to try and reason with Galactus. There is also no Alicia Masters to help re-unite Norrin with his human side. That means Surfer is his original amoral self, not being concerned about mortal life. Therefore, Galactus and the Surfer curbstomp the JLA into oblivion.

Done.

#3 Posted by Casublett (175 posts) - - Show Bio
@Malevolent1: My thoughts on the matter also.  But I'm a bit weak on information when it comes to DC and I expect some fans to come up with cannon feats that says DC will win.
#4 Posted by catofellow (263 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire justice league easily takes out surfer, so non factor there. But if you are saying that there is no weapon capable of defeating galactus, no spectre level character (which I take you to mean no one more powerful than galactus) and no PIS in general, then no point to the thread.

#5 Edited by Casublett (175 posts) - - Show Bio
@catofellow said:

The entire justice league easily takes out surfer, so non factor there. But if you are saying that there is no weapon capable of defeating galactus, no spectre level character (which I take you to mean no one more powerful than galactus) and no PIS in general, then no point to the thread.

No, I was saying that how it resolved in Marvel can't happen here.  What ever unique resolution DC might have to something like this (some weapon at the Fortress of Solitude? ALL Green Lanterns called to assist? etc)  And the no Spectre level characters was to avoid the omnipotent vs. the omnipotent.

In other words, what would the normal DCU, outside of it's own Galactus level individuals, do in this situation?  Galactus has been beat many a time in the MU by lesser beings.
#6 Edited by catofellow (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is levels of magnitude more powerful than all JL combined. He could only lose by PIS. Same applies to Marvel. Obviously the writers wouldn't have Galactus win (otherwise no more stories for Earth based characters), so some type of device would be created that could defeat him, or some higher level character would intervene, or someone would convince him not to destroy earth.

#7 Posted by thanosii (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Big G, and a morals off surfer would solo more than half the league

#8 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Malevolent1

If there is no Fantastic Four, then there is, as you already pointed out, no ultimate nullifier and no Uatu to try and reason with Galactus. There is also no Alicia Masters to help re-unite Norrin with his human side. That means Surfer is his original amoral self, not being concerned about mortal life. Therefore, Galactus and the Surfer curbstomp the JLA into oblivion.

Done.

THIS
#9 Posted by alcoholbob (1192 posts) - - Show Bio

No Superman solo by speed blitz?

#10 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Casublett: just Surfer will be a real pain in the a$$ but with all JLA in place they should take him down, of course once Galactus is there...bye bye JLA, bye bye earth.