• 130 results
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Heralds: Fallen One, Terrax, Red Shift, Firelord, Morg, Airwalker, Nova, Silver Surfer, Starudst

No Caption Provided

VS

Justice League Team: Captain Atom, Firestorm, Guy Gardner, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Martian Manhunter, Superman, Wonder Woman

Everyone standard versions (pre-52, etc), in character but highly motivated to win. Battle takes place in space near the planet Venus. No prep, no prior knowledge of opponents, no BFR. Standard equipment.

Galactus has sent his heralds to destroy DC Earth. He has told them that this version of Earth is a threat to Marvel's universe, and it's their job to destroy it. The Justice League, however, has found out about this at the last minute and sent their top team to try to stop them before they get close to Earth. If they fail then Earth and everyone on it will die.

Who wins?

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By capall2

the heralds and the power cosmic are too much here unfortunately...

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Black

I'm giving it to the Justice League. The Heralds of course have the most powerful character here in Norrin, but I really do not think some Heralds, like Airwalker, Firelord, Red Shift, will hold up for very long.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#4  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

heralds, hands down.

gonjasufi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gonjasufi
@_Black said:

I'm giving it to the Justice League. The Heralds of course have the most powerful character here in Norrin, but I really do not think some Heralds, like Airwalker, Firelord, Red Shift, will hold up for very long.

Dont forget Morg, who I believe has taken Norrin and a group of other heralds down at his peak. 
_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Black

@gonjasufi said:

@_Black said:

Dont forget Morg, who I believe has taken Norrin and a group of other heralds down at his peak.

Yes, Morg enhanced by the Water of Life was powerful, but the OP states standard versions.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By blackadamFTW

I don't know enough about the Heralds to make an educated guess.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Close fight. I would give it to the Heralds. Surfer is obviously a massive factor in this fight.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChaosBlazer: Very close fight I'm going with the Heralds too. Surfer is by far the most skilled and powerful Herald but there are others such as Air-walker, Terrax, Morg, Stardust and Fallen one can bust planets and Possess strength of 100tons are augmented through power of Cosmic. And Heralds travel through the different planes of space they possess extreme durability.

SS vs Superman

Airwalker vs MM (Air walker packs infinite cosmic power and reformed from the Ultimate Nullifyer,not as skilled at molecular manipulation as surfer)

Stardust vs Wonderwoman ( He goes toe-toe with Bettay Ray Bill constantly and wants to kill him. He's a form of energy vast manipulator and reforms from constant damage)

CaptainAtom, Firestorm, Guy Gardner, Hal, Kyle All of Dc Energy Manipulators are going to Win their fights

Fire Lord, Nova, Red-Shift.....Terrax imo can beat John Stweart and Morg powers rival surfers originally he's a problem. Power Cosmic pulls the win in this fight, Kryptonian, Will Power Rings, Martians and Goddess pale in power.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By willpayton

bump

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bo88gdan

Heralds 

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By buttersdaman000

Justice League 
While SS, Morg, and The Fallen One are among the most powerful characters here, the rest of the heralds just don't hold up. 

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SirMethos

In character, the Heralds win, easily.

Take away morals and the DC team would stomp.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Strafe Prower

Justice League wins.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@_Black

Morg might be stronger than SS. Anyway Heralds hands down
Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Typhion

@Strafe Prower said:

Justice League wins.

Not this time. This is actually, *gasp* a pretty good battle. SS and Airwalker are the difference.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heralds.

I see a lack of Herald 'Pool and the Golden Oldie though...

daxamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By daxamite

you guys and you know who you are , forget that with superman, wonder woman, and MM speed they can wipe out all of them plus the added strength that could shatter planets and with the other members they can handle the rest like energy based powers and atomic molecular level stuffs is more the green lanterns forte and the atomic heroes firestorm and capt. Atom, yes they can enhance certain abilities on the power cosmic side but to what levels? a krptonian alone can level all of them with just his speed and strength alone, and the green lantern hal jordan has been doing this since the early sixties, so energy wise he's got that department with three other gls to back him up.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Galactus Heralds.

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Flopsop200

Heralds Stomp

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By Strafe Prower

@Typhion, unless airwalker has had an upgrade since the end of Annihilation, he does nothing in this battle. Also, most of the heralds dont have the feats to claim a win here.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By willpayton

@Flopsop200 said:

Heralds Stomp

How do the heralds stomp? Are they all immune to the martians TP? How do they deal with 4 top lanterns and the sheer speed and reaction times of team JL?

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Black

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@_Black

Morg is one of the stronger Heralds, but I still think Surfer is the strongest out of them. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a few of the Heralds are knocked out by one, two, or three hits.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawnbaby

Heralds win. 

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@_Black

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@_Black

Morg is one of the stronger Heralds, but I still think Surfer is the strongest out of them. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a few of the Heralds are knocked out by one, two, or three hits.

Actually Morg And Tyrant were both stronger than SS ( though not as versatile). Capt. Atom and MM would be the hardest to get rid of, the 4 lanterns will be a problem but they can be drained as well as Superman.
_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By _Black

@WaveMotionCannon: I suppose I should have said most powerful instead of strongest. I wasn't thinking about Tyrant either. I agree with the first part of your statement, but I'm not sure if Norrin would drain his opponents right away in character especially in space. That would immediately kill the Lanterns. Maybe some other Herald would, but then again, would that particular Herald have greater energy manipulation than the Lanterns?

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Norrin wont hesitate to kill if sufficiently threatened and thats with morals on. He's disintegrated High Evolutionary's soldier, he swallowed The Prince of Orphans and belched him out in a volcano in a recent Defenders issue so I dont see him having a problem with draining a power ring or it's user if it's a problem. The other Heralds havent shown to be as versatile as Surfer but they're capable of similar feats.

EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton: @daxamite: Most of the heralds Move at Light Speeds Through Space some greater than lightspeeds others just under or through Hyper Space. Speed is not the issue here. Besides Diana, Lantens, MM Or Atom can punch at Superman or Flash speeds, it's only their flight their movements are just enhanced. Question Willy is how are the JL gonna drain the power cosmic from so many heralds? When about 5 are Surfer levels in this department. Heralds also can take out JL high rollers pretty easy Supes, MM, WonderWoman.........Can MM,And WonderWoman survive a planet busting energy attack??

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By willpayton

@EternalGrandMaster said:

@WillPayton: @daxamite: Most of the heralds Move at Light Speeds Through Space some greater than lightspeeds others just under or through Hyper Space. Speed is not the issue here. Besides Diana, Lantens, MM Or Atom can punch at Superman or Flash speeds, it's only their flight their movements are just enhanced. Question Willy is how are the JL gonna drain the power cosmic from so many heralds? When about 5 are Surfer levels in this department. Heralds also can take out JL high rollers pretty easy Supes, MM, WonderWoman.........Can MM,And WonderWoman survive a planet busting energy attack??

In a fight speed is always an issue. Not travel speed, but combat speed... the speed at which you can see, think, react, and maneuver around your enemy. I know the Surfur is fast, but are the others as fast as him? Many on the JL team have nanosecond reaction times.

I'm sure many on the JL team can survive planet-busting attacks. GLs are able to withstand blasts from supernovae... which can destroy planets or entire solar systems. WW has magical equipment that's indestructible and her bracelets can deflect any attack. MM can also go intangible and invisible, and has TP powers greater than most in either DC or Marvel.

I dont know if the JL team can drain the power cosmic from the heralds. Maybe they can just beat them to death. =)

EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daxamite: Their reaction time is nanosecond but only Supes is punching poeple at light speeds. The other Heralds wield the power cosmic they can enhance their reaction times to necessary means. And possess cosmic awareness.

I didn't mention GL cause I know they can. But Diana can't block Black Holes and Super Nova's, she's also Pierce-able a major weakness of Hers. MM got owned in Infinite Crisis or w/e Crisis that was also Heralds posses limited TP, I don't see him being bale to control that many of them.

JL can't drain the Power Cosmic from them. GL are gonna get their rings drained and chopped up by Morg and Terrax who can more than handle their constructs. Power Cosmic is too versatile here.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Redberry

Heralds. I don't think Justice League has anyone who can deal with beings like Stardust.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AngryHulks

All Heralds are fast, however, constant CIS prevents them from using their super-speed in combat, but that does not mean they can't potentially use it either.

Stronger Herald like Silver Surfer, Stardust, Morg, and possibly The Fallen One are wild cards here. Even "weaker" Herald like Redshift is unaffected by the black hole. And for durability and strength, it should be no problem for Surfer, because he can amp himself up as much as he wants.

Even if their combat speed is inferior to Superman, Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman, they still probably would be reflexive enough to prevents them self from being speed-blitzed.

MM could not possibly perform telepathy because they'll be a lot of distraction.

Once Superman, MM, and WW is eliminated, speed is now less of an issue. However, energy projector like the Green Lanterns may posed a problem, but eventually they should be overcome.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By willpayton

@AngryHulks said:

All Heralds are fast, however, constant CIS prevents them from using their super-speed in combat, but that does not mean they can't potentially use it either.

Stronger Herald like Silver Surfer, Stardust, Morg, and possibly The Fallen One are wild cards here. Even "weaker" Herald like Redshift is unaffected by the black hole. And for durability and strength, it should be no problem for Surfer, because he can amp himself up as much as he wants.

Even if their combat speed is inferior to Superman, Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman, they still probably would be reflexive enough to prevents them self from being speed-blitzed.

MM could not possibly perform telepathy because they'll be a lot of distraction.

Once Superman, MM, and WW is eliminated, speed is now less of an issue. However, energy projector like the Green Lanterns may posed a problem, but eventually they should be overcome.

If any of the heralds arent immune to TP, the Martian will be able to mind rape them, all at the same time, while intangible. It doesnt matter how much is going on, he wont be distracted. If MM can take even 2 out of the fight by TP, the balance is now towards the JL team.

Also, not just Superman, Wonder Woman, and MM with nanosecond speed... the GLs can do it too by having the ring amp them up. Not sure about Atom, but I think his speed is up there as well. And, with his energy manipulation he could keep SS busy for a long while.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ximpossibrux

The heralds wreck

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By willpayton

bump

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vaeternus

Justice League, although technically Dr. Fate and Spectre are/have been apart of the JL too besides these guys.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By willpayton

@Vaeternus said:

Justice League, although technically Dr. Fate and Spectre are/have been apart of the JL too besides these guys.

LOL... the Spectre would solo. =)

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vaeternus

@WillPayton said:

@Vaeternus said:

lol yeah, you're right obviously he would. That's probably why they separated him from the JLA and JSA lol. They're like, yeah you're too powerful for us....but thanks for joining! haha, I remember him and Fate being apart of the team with all of their powerhouses, it would make sense if you're putting together all JL power houses lol. What about Dr. Fate though? Or is that too much power also for the JL?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By willpayton

@Vaeternus said:

@WillPayton said:

@Vaeternus said:

lol yeah, you're right obviously he would. That's probably why they separated him from the JLA and JSA lol. They're like, yeah you're too powerful for us....but thanks for joining! haha, I remember him and Fate being apart of the team with all of their powerhouses, it would make sense if you're putting together all JL power houses lol. What about Dr. Fate though? Or is that too much power also for the JL?

I did think about putting him (Dr Fate) in there, but I also thought no one on the heralds would have an answer to his magic. Fate is just so damn powerful.

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By yodagod

The Heralds all have reaction speed at least equal to any of the Leaguers, it just isn't showcased as much thanks to the different laws of physics in the different universes. However, Surfer trapping people at the end of time with speed alone, swatting aside asteroids and debris while in full hyperspace mode and Surfer and Red Shift battling in the center of a black hole show enough, and there are plenty more. As to the battle. Supes, WW, and Firestorm should all fall quickly, Supes and Diana due to easily exploitable weaknesses and Firestorm to superior energy manipulation, however, Red Shift, Air Walker and probably Nova and Firelord should fall quickly as well. That leaves Morg, Surfer, FO, Stardust, and Terrax against CA, MM, and the GL's. Surfer and Fallen One will have to take MM and Atom leaving the GL's against Stardust and the Bricks. This really depends on how quickly Suerfer or FO can finish their respective foes. I think it's likely that they will take too long, and the GL's will put down Morg and Terrax. Then it's just too overwhelming. JLA wins with four GL's, and probably Captain Atom still standing, and maybe even Manhunter as well.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vaeternus

I highly doubt Supes, MMH would fall quickly...if at all if they went all out. Sure, they'd have a hard time though but this is a battle for sure.

@WillPayton said:

@Vaeternus said:

@WillPayton said:

@Vaeternus said:

I did think about putting him (Dr Fate) in there, but I also thought no one on the heralds would have an answer to his magic. Fate is just so damn powerful.

True, good point. His magic is uber powerful, second to the Spectre I believe and even Fate's helmet/Nabu has taken on Spectre to a point. So yeah, forgot about how powerful Nabu is lol.

But yeah, I think this is a good, tight battle.

beyonder2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By beyonder2012

I see this being a good fight but the heralds take it.the heralds all live off of energy so they would be draining the lanterns,supes,and firestorm of their energy as the fight continues.their basically getting super charged.it would be a close fightbut the heralds should take it

beyonder2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By beyonder2012

isn't martian manhunter weak against fire??

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ximpossibrux

Heralds

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SteveRogers

Heralds 8/10

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

The Heralds are going to take this. Cosmic awareness means they instantly know there foes weaknesses. SS once stated to Gladiator, that he could easily dispatch him by using a certain wavelength of radiation. He will just use kryptonite radiation on Supes and beat him into oblivion, even if he doesn't he should still beat him. Several of the Heralds would probably be able to drain the power from the GL's rings, even if they couldn't I don't see their constructs beating many of the Heralds. Besides any of this, some of the Heralds have busted planets, some have fought in a Black Hole without being affected. Hell Stardust survived being consumed by a black hole! how is the JL going to stop her? Not to mention especially with morals on, most of the Heralds have no problem killing their opponents. I see it being an awesome battle I just don't think JL could win it.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By robertloucksjr

I think Firelord, basically a small sun, would make Martian Manhunter very uncomfortable.

beyonder2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By beyonder2012

really good fight though

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By _Black

@beyonder2012 said:

isn't martian manhunter weak against fire??

No, he isn't.

beyonder2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By beyonder2012

when did that change?I thought he has been weak to fire for some time.didn't doomsday breathe fire at him and it messed him up??