#1 Edited by highaccuser (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral plane

Elder gods: Demiurge, Demogorge, set, chthon, gaea

Elder gods at peak

BFR is not victory

Who wins?

#2 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Elder gods should win. I don't see what Galactus can do when EG's are not only spiritual type of beings, but they could touch Galactus and Galactus would be on his knees depowered. true story.

#3 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus stands a far better chance fighting against 3 Nameless Celestials.

#4 Posted by highaccuser (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN said:

Elder gods should win. I don't see what Galactus can do when EG's are not only spiritual type of beings, but they could touch Galactus and Galactus would be on his knees depowered. true story.

What supports this? The EG's seem pretty physical to me. @7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Galactus stands a far better chance fighting against 3 Nameless Celestials.

I really don't care what YOU think.

#5 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Fact:

The Elder Gods are Ethereal Sentient Energy from the source of Demiurge. They are not physical, however, they can manifest a physical body with their magical conscious, which each of their consciousness is separate to their own.

Fact 2:

Galactus is a physical being, whose physical body is containing the energy of the previous universe that had imploded. That energy is called the Power Cosmics. Galactus needs to feed a special sustainable element to maintain the collapsing power within him. He can use other elements, but has to convert these elements into the right sustenance via the devices of his ship. Galactus can use his power to assume himself transparent, intangible, or tangible energy, but doing this taxes away his power, so he does not do this all of the time.

Conclusion:

• Elder Gods can assume physical forms for themselves
  • Galactus can assume intangibly for himself
  • Elder Gods are not taxed energy. their energy is unlimited only to their character set.
  • Galactus is taxed by using his powers. He can channel cosmic energy, but he will still be exerted unless he has a source of sustenance near by to repower him.
#6 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

What supports this? The EG's seem pretty physical to me.

The EG's can be physical or spiritual. They seem physical when they show themselfs, but when they hide, they stay invisible. They can remain that way if they chose too. Galactus would never see them. They could touch Galactus and Depower him and Smack him around with ease. Elder god Raiden showed those abilities as well when he was an Elder god.

#7 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean by 'touch Galactus'? I don't know anything about elder gods... also, just because they go invisible/spiritual doesn't mean Galactus wouldn't be able to see them (again, I don't know anything about elder gods..). I think Galactus would loose from what I've heard about EGs, but I think its a good fight at least.

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (15690 posts) - - Show Bio

What's up with Elder Gods now?

Supposedly Gaea and Set are multiversal (and probably the others) but feat-wise, Galactus should stomp.

#9 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's say for example Gaea is the Spirit of Earth.....

• If Earth blew up in 616 she would still be there existing.
  • If Earth blew up in 1539, she would still be there existing.
  • If Earth blew up in 54938, she would still be there existing.
  • If Earth blew up in 1602, she would still be there existing.
  • If Earth blew up in 1033, she would still be existing.
  • If all Earth in Every Universe in a Multiverse Blew up, She would still be existing.

Question the effects of any kind of energy aside from another source of Magic against a magical spirit:

• Will the Kinetic energy generated by the speed of a Bullet fired off a gun hurt a spirit?
  • Will the energy of a Grenade that goes off able to hurt a spirit?
  • Will a Nuclear Bomb hurt a spirit?
  • Will a Super Nova of a Star hurt a spirit?
  • Will 10000 Stars going Super Nova at once hurt a spirit?
  • Will the effects of a black hole hurt a spirit?
  • Will the physical force of the entire universe blowing up hurt a spirit?

This applies well to the Elder Gods.

Now turn the questions around towards Galactus and you get a whole different set of answers.

#10 Posted by Killemall (18308 posts) - - Show Bio

No idea why people make a great deal about physical and non physical, Galactus has far better showings, we know Gaea had to beg to Arishem to not destroy the earth, we also know Gaea knew Chaos King could have killed her.

So where is the whole idea that Galactus cant do anything to them coming from? Care to substantiate that with an actual panel fight?

#11 Posted by highaccuser (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN said:

The EG's can be physical or spiritual. They seem physical when they show themselfs, but when they hide, they stay invisible. They can remain that way if they chose too. Galactus would never see them. They could touch Galactus and Depower him and Smack him around with ease. Elder god Raiden showed those abilities as well when he was an Elder god.

Raiden from mortal combat? He has NOTHING to do with this. How would they depower galactus? And do you really think being "spiritiual" (Which the EG's have no proof of being) stops galactus from touching you?@Killemall said:

Galactus has far better showings, we know Gaea had to beg to Arishem to not destroy the earth, we also know Gaea knew Chaos King could have killed her.

True, but while lacking the bulk of feats Galactus has, Atum and set are odin level, chthon is equal to one of the vishanti, each which can stalemate galactus, and demiurge created them. Arishem is likly above galatus, and CK obviously is.

#12 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@highaccuser said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

What supports this? The EG's seem pretty physical to me.

Yes this is basically correct save for the Raiden part because he's from a separate Company Universe. Nevertheless; similar. They are Ethereal Spirits.

The point that Galactus is weaker than them is via the strenthening argument that the Cosmic Cubes are less effective against an Elder God while being more effective against Galactus.

It took three people (Spiderman, Thing and Scarlet Witch) with extraordinary will power just to render Set's host body unless using the power of a Cosmic Cube... Dr. Strange later arrives to become a reinforcement to help their efforts by casting a banishment spell that would exorcise Set's SPIRIT (and influence) away from Eternity's realm.

Comparing this to Galactus. (Just think of a battle between Galactus and Sharper of Worlds; a Cosmic Cube)

It takes one will power to wish Galactus removal of his power -AND- restoration of his power just with a simple wish.... This was not the same case when Scarlet Witch, Thing, and Spiderman had to utilize the Cosmic Cube just to distract an Elder God while Dr. Strange was casting one of his most powerful spells.

As for someone comparing Set (The Elder God ---- Not to be confused with Pantheon Seth....) to Odin

Set is so far up beyond Odin's power, Odin can only dream nightmares of it.

You can compare Odin to:

• Seth (Pantheon of Egypt)
  • Cul (The Serpent Pantheon of Fear)

But not Set, the Elder God who is indirectly responsible for the creation of ALL THE PANTHEONS of Earth.

Due to what is presented, and comparing and contrasting them: One would logically conclude this battle for the Elder Gods. In fact; Only one of them would be enough.

#13 Posted by Killemall (18308 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus < Cosmic Cube

Set < cosmic cube

Not sure what people are trying to potray.

Quasar with UN failed to nullify even a universe, Reed Richard nullified entire multiverse.

Also power of cube doesnt increase just because 3 people pull their powers together, it depends on how well you can use a cosmic cube.

An argument made in favor of Set over Galactus should be based on feats.

#14 Posted by highaccuser (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

I told you, I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!! Your arguments are badly flawed. Being ethereal dosen't mean galactus cant harm you, stardust killed 53 ethereals. Even if there was proof set is way above odin, he would still be below galactus. Just don't desecrate my posts please.

#15 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

What I have to say here, is for the ones that do care, even for a little of what I have to say.

Continuing off:

The race known as the Ethereals are not of any part to do with the Elder Gods. They are of a different category of a race of semi-intangible forms of energy. Made out of Particles and quarks... They are in all intended purposes; bound to the Fundamental Forces of the Universe... Unlike the Elder Gods, who are magical sentient forces. And by the proof of Set, Chthon, and Oshtur NOT BOUND TO THE FUNDAMENTAL FORCES of the Universe.

On another note: The Stangepac; 3 of the 53 Ethereals encountered Stardust who is also a part of that race.

As you can see, Stardust and the "Ethereals" are not as ETHEREAL as they seem to appear. They have tangible energy. And inside that "blob of energy" (particles and quarks) are 53 different beings.

Ethereals as a group of Marvel characters vs Elder Gods who are real Ethereal beings which mean above physical (Not of this universe; Spiritual)

Bill is strong enough to plow people through planets and even his physical nature was able to crush Stardust being Ethereal. How is it possible if not for Stardust still binded to the Laws of Fundamental Forces?

Silver Surfer does better when he fights against Bill and he even proves to more effective than Stardust fighting these semi-intangible forces when he fought against Uni-Lord.

Yet, even Silver Surfer along with others were simply no match for Gaea; whom even out of her kindness, created a physical form suitable for their level. So they can comprehend her better.

Now turning back to the Cosmic Cube vs Set: And then flipping that back onto Galactus and his Heralds?

Doesn't this fight seem one way taking into account of ALL Elder Gods Fighting against ONE Galactus?

#16 Posted by galactus1967 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

So,I here Legion, an omega level mutant(Who might give beyond omega level Franklin Richards a good fight).well,it looks like he spared Atum and Gaea.And killed most of the rest.(one or two might have got away)Thats all they really seem good at,and to think I was arguing if they could beat Galactus and Eternity(himself) at the same time.I have been reading comics for 40 years,and never thought they had much more power than sky fathers.Looks like my opinion was right,I guess those all powerful elder gods were on vacation at the time.