• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@rich711 said:

Then why does Galactus keep getting his ass kicked again and again and again by character with a tenth of the power as Dr. Manhattan? He has to be the dumbest villain ever to be able to eat entire planets yet keep getting punked by puny superheros, Fantastic Four, Thor, Hulk, Dr. Strange, The Beyonder. Dr. Manhattan has mastered science, the only thing Galactus has mastered is eating and falling down for much smaller opponents. He is the King Kong Bundy of the Marvel Universe. Dr. Manhattan could easily beat him and then rest his glowing blue balls on Galactus' forehead. Only Marvel fan boys that get ass sore at the idea of a non-marvel character beating their biggest jobber would think otherwise.

Because of plot and contrivance.

#52 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn You mind locking this thread? It's clearly spite.

#53 Posted by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Doc could have created enough duplicates of himself to encounter each missile individually, which would have made it a child's play for him to stop all the nukes. As long as the Doc himself didn't state otherwise, I'm 100% sure he could have easily stopped a full-scale nuclear attack.

Yeah, no.

I'm taking the creators of Watchmen's word over yours.

#54 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus pimpsmacked Loebforce Rulk.

Galactus wins.

#55 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Ofcourse Galactus can beat Rulk. Rulk is always losing. Even Electra beat Rulk and she doesnt even have superpowers.

#56 Edited by Wyldsong (5799 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: It's not the creators of Watchmen... it's supposedly some article or something that appeared in Watchmen.

#58 Edited by Wyldsong (5799 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@sheenlantern: Doc could have created enough duplicates of himself to encounter each missile individually, which would have made it a child's play for him to stop all the nukes. As long as the Doc himself didn't state otherwise, I'm 100% sure he could have easily stopped a full-scale nuclear attack.

You can be 100% sure if you like, but as was shown by sheenlantern from a canon source, the series states otherwise. It can't even be proven he could create that many duplicates of himself to even do so. The series itself states he could disarm or deflect 60% of the nukes if they were all launched.

I'll even go a step further. When he unbalanced the time stream by trying to alter an event in time, this is what happened:

Even Before Watchmen didn't attribute him the kind of power to save the world and stop all of the nukes. He had to go back and fix the changes he made to prevent the end of the world, because he couldn't stop all of those nukes.

#59 Edited by RunawayAvenger (522 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Galactus was so overrated that he became underrated, sounds weird but when he is used everyone (used to) make a big deal about it but he is beaten so easily that no one thought he was powerful, when he could be such a good villain. For instance in Earth-1610 he was so big he had his own crossover. But in Earth-616 he is beaten by almost every super hero. Which frustrates me because he is so powerful yet not at the same time, it also annoys me how is own heralds can beat him when they were created by him to be weaker than him?

I give this to Galactus but only because I know he's powerful enough, yet the actual comic books deny him his power. I am hoping that in Hunger (coming up), if it is him like everyone says, he becomes a bigger threat than before. Perhaps on scale with Thanos so he can be in a decent film ,posing bigger a threat than a giant cloud!

#60 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

mismatch.