Galactus vs Cosmic Cube vs Celestial

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Galactus has taken on and defeated Celestials but has been drained and defeated by Cosmic Cubes who themselves admit to be far below Celestials.

Doesn't make sense but anyway,Morals off win by any means. Galactus 4 planets fed

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

regular Galactus < Cosmic Cube =< regular Celestials < high tier Celestials

Cosmic Cube =< regular Celestials < 4 planets fed Galactus < high tier Celestials

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

... People are trying way too hard and don't understand greater than signs.

Galactus>Celestial>Cosmic Cube

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Cosmic cubes should come out on top as long as they are weilded by a competent user.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii: Show Galactus defeating any of the top tier Celestials. We've only seen a greatly amped Galactus being able to defeat them. Celestials can also vary greatly in power. Arishem for instance proved invulnerable to the combined attacks of 3 Skyfathers while Galactus has been shown taking damage from Thanos and herald level characters.

Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedailybagel  Moderator

@spambot: thanos himself is almost Skyfather level and in the instance your talking about he didn't hurt galactus, Thanos admitted he only bought himself a few seconds and that his blast didn't do anything.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot:

Exitar was damaged by Thor (not the recent Jarnbjorn crap) when he cracked his armor. And he's said to be Celestial powerhouse, so what does that mean?

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic cubes should come out on top as long as they are weilded by a competent user.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Named celestials are far above Galactus but the regular storm trooper variety of Celestials are probably 33%-50% of Galactus.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: i do not belive the difference is as pronounced as you may belive. To the best of my knoweledge, even in bios they seem to express uncertainty in regards who among the two, Galactus or Celeastials, are more powerful.

Most stories seem to treat them as peers, as near equals.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has beaten a Cosmic Cube too.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998:

The thing I don't like about the Celestials is how vague their powers are from one Celestial to another. I've always put Galactus around a decent-upper level Celelestial, but never up near the top of the hierarchy. Would you put him near Scathan, The Fulcrum, OAA (Celestial)? Or even Exitar?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newblood2333: i do not belive this divide between high tier celestials and low tier celestial actually exists in comics. While there are celestials of varying power level,at least to the best of my knoweledge, the gap has never been said to be significant.

I suppose Exitar would be an exception because hes treated and drawn very differently. He is normally treated as a weapon , not to mention regularly drawn to be significantly bigger than others.

In regards to comparision, friend, Scanthan is not from the prime reality but rather reality 691. He is also the only celestial who appear to look very human. He is also a Celestial from far future. Him being different and more powerful than other makes sense.

Fulcrum is not a celestial though but rather unfathomable being who was their creator. Fulcrum was akin to their god. It seem like the character was created as a homage to Jack Kirby.

What i was trying to say is Exitar and Scanthan are treated different from normal celestials and are also drawn differently. Them being more powerful than other Celestials makes sense.

Arishem and One Above All are merely the leaders of a celestial host and i do not believe we have really seen anything to suggest they are really much more powerful than a normal Celestial. An example that comes to mind is Arishem vs Tiamut where Tiamut easily defeats Arishem but in turn is rather comfortably defeated by 3 other celestials. Consider how brief the fights were it seem to indicate the gap between them was never massive.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spambot

@adamtrmm: Thor managed to crack his armor but didn't hurt him in any meaningful way. Thor also had to use his godblast to crack his inner armor which is an attack practically on skyfather level.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spambot

@claymore1998: Of course they are treated as peers but my point is that Galactus has never been depicted as generally above the more highly thought of Celestials. The examples I used were to show that if anything I would place him below the more powerful ones. He has his place as a cosmic being within the MU but its never been established as superior to the Celestials. Also, when the Celestials were introduced within the MU Stan Lee I think it was wrote a longwinded reply in a comic where he stated they were meant to represent a new tier of power above Galactus and the pinnacle of power within the universe.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I agree that Thanos didn't do him substantial harm but he did send him flying like miles and wrecked his helmet. Galactus came back pissed off. While when Odin, Zeus and Vishnu I think it was all combined their power at Arishem it was like he barely even noticed their attack. It was like a fly running into a human.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@spambot: galactus did basically the same thing whilst he was starving against odin. Odin put everything he had into a headbutt and then fell into the odinsleep because of it. Galan got right back up and said he was getting bored, that's whilst he was hungry.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@keenko said:

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

Galactus.

Galactus has been consistently defeated by Cosmic Cubes. Why would Galactus be > Cosmic Cubes?

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Spambot

@thedailybagel: Can't agree with you there at all. Thor had already hurt Galactus in that same battle just by speed blitzing him(you see Galactus grimace at the impact while he had sweat all over his face from his tp battle with Odin) and then Odin does the headbutt where Thor hit him earlier and they were both ko'd and fell to earth and left a big impact in the ground. Odin then tells Thor he needs to enter the Odin sleep while Galactus gets up after having fallen to earth. Granted, he wasn't severely damaged but Odin's headbutt definitely did him some harm, enough to cause him to fall to earth while likely ko'd. Also, I hate the 'he was hungry' stuff people want to put on almost every Galactus fight. He is always hungry. Its his standard baseline power level. The only time we see him not hungry is when he is prepping for a major battle and wolfs down a few planets to get ready. Its usually his hunger which brings him into conflict with other beings though.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@mysticmedivh: I'll be honest, my only real exposure to Cosmic Cubes is classic Captain America. I wasn't aware they had defeated the Big G at all. Do they have any other high end feats like that?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

@mysticmedivh: I'll be honest, my only real exposure to Cosmic Cubes is classic Captain America. I wasn't aware they had defeated the Big G at all. Do they have any other high end feats like that?

Here are the feats.

Doom with a Cosmic Cube defeats Galactus.

No Caption Provided

Reed with a Cosmic Cube defeats Doom who usurped Galactus' power.

No Caption Provided

Silver Surfer with the power of a Cosmic Cube not only remakes Galactus into existence, but he easily one-shots and kills him too.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 owie  Moderator

@keenko said:

Here are the feats.

Doom with a Cosmic Cube defeats Galactus.

No Caption Provided

Reed with a Cosmic Cube defeats Doom who usurped Galactus' power.

No Caption Provided

Silver Surfer with the power of a Cosmic Cube not only remakes Galactus into existence, but he easily one-shots and kills him too.

I'm not totally sure there's no funny business going on in that last set...meaning that I'm not sure that Glorian is telling the truth about anything, so for instance it could be that the Galactus that Surfer made was just as fake as the Europe that the girl made. It could be that Surfer was actually making everything that he thinks he was making, but I am currently skeptical. I'd just wait until the story is done to really make claims on it one way or the other.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Thor managed to crack his armor but didn't hurt him in any meaningful way. Thor also had to use his godblast to crack his inner armor which is an attack practically on skyfather level.

And when did Thor or even Thanos hurt Galactus in a meaningful way, that's just as relevant question.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: *shrug* Believe w/e you want. We've already been back and forth on this and imo Celestials are just shown and meant to be(according to Stan Lee himself) on a higher plane of power. The only exception is Exitar who for w/e reason writers tend to just make into a jobber(as they often do with Galactus).

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one that has an "s" in their name wins.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic Cube.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man Galactus is a freakin punk ass bitch after all. How disappointing.