isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By isaac_clarke

Galacus stomps. 
And he can't copy his power regardless. Copying an abstract should be well out of Amazo's league.

Pepero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pepero

Goona have to go with Galactus here. 

Avatar image for king_anti_monitor
King_Anti_Monitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By King_Anti_Monitor

Amazo will copy the power of Galactus.

Amazo win

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
Galactus.
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fragneto

Galactus wins.

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fragneto

@King_Anti_Monitor said:

Amazo will copy the power of Galactus. Amazo win

No he can't.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dark Cloud™

As an abstract, Galactus' power cannot be copied. Thus, making this match spite in favor of Galactus.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Killemall

@Dark Cloud™ said:

As an abstract, Galactus' power cannot be copied. Thus, making this match spite in favor of Galactus.
spekqj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spekqj

@Killemall said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By supermandefender

@Fragneto said:

@King_Anti_Monitor said:

No he can't.

Proof? JLU Amazo didnt have any limitation in the cartoon show. The comic book amazo does but the cartoon Amazo took powers with one look and evolved past weaknesses. He also teleported OA into a complete other universe. So with that feat I think he very well could.

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By supermandefender

@Dark Cloud™ said:

Cartoon Amazo....not comic Amazo being used. This Amazo literally evolves past any weaknesses....he will copy Galactus power reguardless of him being a abstract being or not.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@The_Mayhem_Theory said:
Galactus.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle

I thought Amazo was supposed to be an analogue for Silver Surfer in that series. He would still probably lose

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By monarch2016

@Dark Cloud™ said:

then why can people take his powers?

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By supermandefender

@cattlebattle said:

I thought Amazo was supposed to be an analogue for Silver Surfer in that series. He would still probably lose

Silver Surfer is not a evolving andriod and there is no way Silver Surfer is going to solo the JLU.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

Amazo attempt to copy Galactus' power and explodes Big G never even notices Amazo was there

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jezer

@Dark Cloud™ said:

What if the OP said Protege(the guy who copied The Living Tribunal's Powers) vs Galactus?

Would your argument that "abstract's powers cannot be copied", hold up then? That's why I'm not sure I agree with you.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@supermandefender:

Animated JLU? pfft! with ease!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Wyldsong

@supermandefender said:

@Fragneto said:

@King_Anti_Monitor said:

No he can't.

Proof? JLU Amazo didnt have any limitation in the cartoon show. The comic book amazo does but the cartoon Amazo took powers with one look and evolved past weaknesses. He also teleported OA into a complete other universe. So with that feat I think he very well could.

Read the OP. Demifiend added the stipulation that Amazo cannot copy Big Gs powers:

"WINS VIA KO OR DEATH.

AMAZO CAN NOT COPY GALACTUS POWERS"

So, that argument is null and void for this fight.

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By supermandefender

@Wyldsong said:

@supermandefender said:

@Fragneto said:

@King_Anti_Monitor said:

No he can't.

Read the OP. Demifiend added the stipulation that Amazo cannot copy Big Gs powers:

"WINS VIA KO OR DEATH.

Im not talking about the forum itself. The guy is making a statement that the JLU amazo cant reguardless of the OP's statement. Thats what im commenting.

Your comment should say Amazo is not allowed to copy his powers and not make a big deal about him not being capable of it.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Even if Amazo could copy Galactus's powers, would he even know how to use them properly? Or atleast in a way that would trump Galactus's knowledge of the powerset?

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By eatmore_payless
@JediXMan said:
616 Galactus > DCAU Amazo.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wyldsong

@supermandefender said:

@Wyldsong said:

@supermandefender said:

@Fragneto said:

@King_Anti_Monitor said:

No he can't.

"WINS VIA KO OR DEATH.

Im not talking about the forum itself. The guy is making a statement that the JLU amazo cant reguardless of the OP's statement. Thats what im commenting.

Your comment should say Amazo is not allowed to copy his powers and not make a big deal about him not being capable of it.

Well, if you aren't talking about the forum itself, then clarification would have been a good thing, since your posts are stating things like:

Cartoon Amazo....not comic Amazo being used. This Amazo literally evolves past any weaknesses....he will copy Galactus power reguardless of him being a abstract being or not.

If you had stated something more along the lines of: Well, cartoon Amazo would technically be able to copy his powers, not having those limitations, but since the OP has stated differently, then **insert whatever argument you felt appropriate here**

Reading your discussion as stated, your points asked for proof, and pointed out that the cartoon Amazo had no such weaknesses. You made no such distinctions in your posts separating your argument from this battle thread, since your responses were to people who called a win for Galactus who stated Amazo could not copy their powers (these arguments being that Big G being an Abstract could not have his powers copied and not pointing to the fact that the OP banned it), and another who called a win for Amazo copying the power of Big G.

As well, that statement doesn't just apply to you, since there were a few arguments in regards to this issue, and the OP doesn't show that it has been edited just to add that stipulation (it shows it was posted 5 days ago -- some of these posts being after the initial 5 day post, and edited posts generally state they have been edited at some point).

So no, my post stands as is, not needing any change. I am not trying to call you out, or put you down. I am just trying to point out something that many seem to have ignored or bypassed in the OP (which includes yourself in this number by the tone of your posts).

By the way...this is a bit off topic...so let's put the thread back on it's tracks.

Amazo, not being able to copy the power of Big G as per in the OP would lose this fight.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cattlebattle
@supermandefender said:

@cattlebattle said:

Silver Surfer is not a evolving andriod and there is no way Silver Surfer is going to solo the JLU.

I know that, I'm saying when Amazo returned, he wielded great cosmic power and filled the Surfers spot on the JLUs version of the Defenders.....so in a way...he kind of was
BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By BKole

If Amazo is able to copy the powers of Galactus, he would take on every element of his Cosmic powers and then realise the futility of the fight. The Winner is nobody because violence is not an option for two Galactus'

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By supermandefender

@Wyldsong said:

@supermandefender said:

@Wyldsong said:

@supermandefender said:

@Fragneto said:

@King_Anti_Monitor said:

No he can't.

"WINS VIA KO OR DEATH.

Well, if you aren't talking about the forum itself, then clarification would have been a good thing, since your posts are stating things like:

If you had stated something more along the lines of: Well, cartoon Amazo would technically be able to copy his powers, not having those limitations, but since the OP has stated differently, then **insert whatever argument you felt appropriate here**

Reading your discussion as stated, your points asked for proof, and pointed out that the cartoon Amazo had no such weaknesses. You made no such distinctions in your posts separating your argument from this battle thread, since your responses were to people who called a win for Galactus who stated Amazo could not copy their powers (these arguments being that Big G being an Abstract could not have his powers copied and not pointing to the fact that the OP banned it), and another who called a win for Amazo copying the power of Big G.

As well, that statement doesn't just apply to you, since there were a few arguments in regards to this issue, and the OP doesn't show that it has been edited just to add that stipulation (it shows it was posted 5 days ago -- some of these posts being after the initial 5 day post, and edited posts generally state they have been edited at some point).

So no, my post stands as is, not needing any change. I am not trying to call you out, or put you down. I am just trying to point out something that many seem to have ignored or bypassed in the OP (which includes yourself in this number by the tone of your posts).

By the way...this is a bit off topic...so let's put the thread back on it's tracks.

Amazo, not being able to copy the power of Big G as per in the OP would lose this fight.

Fair enough :). I guess if I am not directly talking about the forum itself I should have made that known. Although, seeing that I did not answer the post and pointed out one particular topic then it should say i disagree with a statement said and I am not on topic. After that, then it should have been pointed out that the OP has stated rules against it. Which you did and I stand corrected if thats what you are referring to and thats my bad for not noticing and assuming what you ment.

Im completely fine btw with the OPs rules.....Im mostly asking the ppl who are making the claims that because Galactus is a abstract being; then his powers cant be copied by this version of Amazo.

I dont think your trying to put me down, your just informing :) and telling me the way u see it which is perfectly fine Imo. Id do the same. I am in no way trying to put anyone down either...I just tell it like I see it. Reguardless of who.

As far as which Amazo is being used the OP posted the cartoon version of Amazo and not the comic version so I am assuming by her post.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wyldsong

@supermandefender said:

As far as which Amazo is being used the OP posted the cartoon version of Amazo and not the comic version so I am assuming by her post.

I would think that is an accurate assessment, just a limited version as it were.

Labyrinth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Labyrinth

This version of Amazo defeated the Green Lantern Corp and then teleported Oa and the Guardians to another plane simply because they were in his way.

And then defeated the combined might of the Justice League and all of its allies without breaking a sweat.

I think this would be a tough fight for Galactus.

Perhaps a stalemate.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@supermandefender said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

That probably doesn't matter, considering Galactus is comic version.

@baron2011 said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

I've never seen anyone "take" his power (if he has, let me know), but I have seen him "give" his power out.

@Jezer said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

What if the OP said Protege(the guy who copied The Living Tribunal's Powers) vs Galactus?

Would your argument that "abstract's powers cannot be copied", hold up then? That's why I'm not sure I agree with you.

The OP doesn't say Protege, so that's irrelevant. I've not seen anyone "copy" Galactus' power, so who knows? Agree, disagree, means nothing to me.

I don't feel this is a stalemate, as I see the Amazo being inferior unless the OP is changed to allow Amazo the absorption/copy of something to put him on the Big G's level.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wyldsong

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@baron2011 said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

I've never seen anyone "take" his power (if he has, let me know), but I have seen him "give" his power out.

Doom has stolen some of his power, but I can't think of anyone who has taken the whole can of beans. Not really sure that would be possible.

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By supermandefender

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@supermandefender said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@baron2011 said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

Amazo doesnt steal away Galactus power he has the power of copy and keep. So by one look he would gain all the power that Galactus would have....on top of that Amazo evolves past any weaknesses. So Amazo would not hunger.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Wyldsong said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@baron2011 said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

Doom has stolen some of his power, but I can't think of anyone who has taken the whole can of beans. Not really sure that would be possible.

Taking away his power would mean death to Galactus, and therefore the inevitable end of the universe.

@supermandefender said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@supermandefender said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@baron2011 said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

Amazo doesnt steal away Galactus power he has the power of copy and keep. So by one look he would gain all the power that Galactus would have....on top of that Amazo evolves past any weaknesses. So Amazo would not hunger.

Fortunately, Amazo can't copy Galactus' power in this battle, so it remains in favor of Galactus unless the OP changes and grants Amazo equal power. However, on the whole "evolving past any weaknesses" theory, as vast as the Power Cosmic is, I doubt Amazo could harness the Power Cosmic without having the need to feed on worlds to replenish.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wyldsong

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@baron2011 said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

Taking away his power would mean death to Galactus, and therefore the inevitable end of the universe.

And we agree=)

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hoboseid

Amazo at full power coundnt even beat Grundy

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jezer

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@supermandefender said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@baron2011 said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Jezer said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

The OP doesn't say Protege, so that's irrelevant. I've not seen anyone "copy" Galactus' power, so who knows? Agree, disagree, means nothing to me. I don't feel this is a stalemate, as I see the Amazo being inferior unless the OP is changed to allow Amazo the absorption/copy of something to put him on the Big G's level.

It's entirely relevant as it is a counterexample to your argument(though this argument/your argument is actually irrelevant since the OP already bans Amazo from taking Galactus's power).

Your argument is based on the absolute reasoning that "abstract's powers cannot be copied". Your argument does not hold up in every situation, because if the OP said Protege vs Galactus, and you said "abstract's powers can't be copied" - everyone would disagree with you and point out Protege copied abstract powers. Not much is higher than the Living Tribunal.

Considering Galactus's power has been stolen before, it's not out of plausibility that it can be copied by a being who specifically has shown no limit to what powers he can copy.

Either way, due to my Protege counter-example(which holds up regardless of being noncanon), I can only conclude that your argument is either incorrect or not absolute. The possibilities are that

1. Abstract Power's can be copied.

2. Most of the times, Abstract Power's cannot be copied.

Both possibilities allow enough room for me to determine that Amazo might be able to copy powers and that your reasoning that Galactus power's cannot be copied (because he's on abstract level) does not hold up to Formal Logic.

Of course, none of this matters for this thread - this is just why I disagree with what you said.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Amazo would kill himself if he copied the power of Galactus. That would easily be more power than he ever had in the cartoon times a million.

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fragneto
@TheCerealKillz said:
Amazo would kill himself if he tied copied the power of Galactus. That would easily be more power than he ever had in the cartoon times a million.
Fixed.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i always compared animated Amazon to Silver Surfer in terms of power, so i don't think he can muster up enough strength to beat the planet nibbler 

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jashro44

@Hoboseid said:

This. There are obviously some restrictions to what amazo can do....he couldn't copy grundys powers and he couldn't really over come him either.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with Amazo. Don't believe cartoon Amazo is limited by abstract beings. You got a power, then he can take it. So he wins. Go DC!!

sypdermun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sypdermun

AmazO stomps galactus then goes on to stomp surfer.

Then retires on Mars with Dr. Manhattan sipping android beverages.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Jezer said:

Either way, due to my Protege counter-example (which holds up regardless of being noncanon), I can only conclude that your argument is either incorrect or not absolute. The possibilities are that

Both possibilities allow enough room for me to determine that Amazo might be able to copy powers and that your reasoning that Galactus power's cannot be copied (because he's on abstract level) does not hold up to Formal Logic.

Of course, none of this matters for this thread - this is just why I disagree with what you said.

BOLD: Your Protege counter-example is pointless to the conversation. And your conclusion is false. 

The possibilities are that:
1. Depends on the abstract.
2. True, refer to possibility 1.

Pardon me? My entire argument is formal logic. Your entire logic is to prove that my argument is false based on an aspect of a character. Sorry, kid, but YOU don't hold up to formal logic.

I said, "As an abstract, Galactus' power cannot be copied," not, "abstract's powers cannot be copied." Yes, there is a difference. The fact of the matter is, Galactus' power is one of a kind. There is nothing else like it out there, so for Amazo being able to copy it is very, very, very doubtful. And here's my "absolute reason" why; Galactus, as powerful as he is, needs to feed on worlds to survive/replenish his energies. He is by far superior to Amazo, including his cartoon version as far as the end of Justice League Unlimited is concerned. The only way for Amazo to counter the urge to feed on worlds is to have an advantage based on the conditions of the powers ("evolves beyond weaknesses"). Since you seem to think Amazo -can- copy -Galactus'- power, why don't you explain how that's going to work?
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By difficlus

BIG G takes the cake.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Jezer said:

Either way, due to my Protege counter-example (which holds up regardless of being noncanon), I can only conclude that your argument is either incorrect or not absolute. The possibilities are that

BOLD: Your Protege counter-example is pointless to the conversation. And your conclusion is false. The possibilities are that: 1. Depends on the abstract. 2. True, refer to possibility 1. Pardon me? My entire argument is formal logic. Your entire logic is to prove that my argument is false based on an aspect of a character. Sorry, kid, but YOU don't hold up to formal logic. I said, "As an abstract, Galactus' power cannot be copied," not, "abstract's powers cannot be copied." Yes, there is a difference. The fact of the matter is, Galactus' power is one of a kind. There is nothing else like it out there, so for Amazo being able to copy it is very, very, very doubtful. And here's my "absolute reason" why; Galactus, as powerful as he is, needs to feed on worlds to survive/replenish his energies. He is by far superior to Amazo, including his cartoon version as far as the end of Justice League Unlimited is concerned. The only way for Amazo to counter the urge to feed on worlds is to have an advantage based on the conditions of the powers ("evolves beyond weaknesses"). Since you seem to think Amazo -can- copy -Galactus'- power, why don't you explain how that's going to work?

Guessing he'll always be a fully fed/powered galactus? LOOOL such BS!!

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By monarch2016

doom stoled his powers so i don't see why amazo can't copy them

DDDDDDD_BB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DDDDDDD_BB

Amazo moves OA to another Dimension in the JLU,

I would like to see him do that with Galactus.

Amazo "Well you are quite Powerful"

Galactus "Yes I am"

Amazo shifts Gaactus into another Dimension. Does that count as a KO lol

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@baron2011 said:

doom stoled his powers so i don't see why amazo can't copy them

He took a portion of his powers, no where near his full scale.
Labyrinth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Labyrinth

@jashro44 said:

@Hoboseid said:

This. There are obviously some restrictions to what amazo can do....he couldn't copy grundys powers and he couldn't really over come him either.

When was this?

Because the Amazo posted defeated the Green Lantern Corp as well as the Justice League and a bunch of its allies without breaking a sweat.