Galactus??? for me.....
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

Just read up on Marquis Of Death. Jeez, he's really powerful. And seeing as he destroyed at least one universe I think he could beat Galactus. Then again I'm not quite sure. I give Marquis the advantage for this fight.

Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Superparody

marquis
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Superparody said:
" marquis "
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Decoy Elite said:
"Just read up on Marquis Of Death. Jeez, he's really powerful. And seeing as he destroyed at least one universe I think he could beat Galactus. Then again I'm not quite sure. I give Marquis the advantage for this fight. "

I have no doubt that a fully-powered Galan could decimate an entire universe, seeing as how he's on par with Eternity.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
"Just read up on Marquis Of Death. Jeez, he's really powerful. And seeing as he destroyed at least one universe I think he could beat Galactus. Then again I'm not quite sure. I give Marquis the advantage for this fight. "
I have no doubt that a fully-powered Galan could decimate an entire universe, seeing as how he's on par with Eternity. "
Eternity's never really decimated a universe either.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Matezoide2
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
I have no doubt that a fully-powered Galan could decimate an entire universe, seeing as how he's on par with Eternity. "
Eternity's never really decimated a universe either. "
i dont see why Eternity isnt capable of that
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Matezoide said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
i dont see why Eternity isnt capable of that "
Have you ever seen him do it?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Matezoide2
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
i dont see why Eternity isnt capable of that "
Have you ever seen him do it? "
no,i just believe he is capable of that
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Decoy Elite said:

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to. He's the living embodiment of Earth-616 and can manipulate all of space and time when in control of reality.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtPhantom

The issue here is: Is Galactus really on par with Eternity? I've seen it written on a bunch of wikis, but have never really seen it in an actual comic before. I wouldn't find it hard to believe if it was just a piece of fan fiction which sounded plausible and was thus included. He has certainly never displayed power on par with Eternity's.

The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AtPhantom: 

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@The Mjolnir Wielder: Once again, he's never really done it, so I don't see a point in assuming if he could.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Push
@AtPhantom said:
"The issue here is: Is Galactus really on par with Eternity? I've seen it written on a bunch of wikis, but have never really seen it in an actual comic before. I wouldn't find it hard to believe if it was just a piece of fan fiction which sounded plausible and was thus included. He has certainly never displayed power on par with Eternity's. "

Yes, very true.  All i ever see regarding Galactus is that he equals Eternity?? When and where has this ever been shown in a comic, let alone proven? How does he exactly equal Eternity?? 

"@AtPhantom: 

"

All that shows is a meeting with Eternity, which Galactus is not the first, i'm afraid.  There have been others Eternity communicates with.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Push: 

The scans display Galan and Eternity greeting each other as equals and showing the same amount of respect for one another. Has Eternity ever done that to TOAA (Celestial), Mistress Love, Sire Hate or any other Astral Deity?
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Push
"@Push:  The scans display Galan and Eternity greeting each other as equals and showing the same amount of respect for one another. Has Eternity ever done that to TOAA (Celestial), Mistress Love, Sire Hate or any other Astral Deity? "

It's a form of respect!, that is all, that they're both showing to each other. I love the interpretations people perceive.  There is absolutely nothing in that panel that actually shows or even hints at that Galactus is Eternity's equal in status or power.  All Eternity was doing was giving him a heads up on a plan by others to do him harm.  
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Red_Blade
@Push said:
"@Push:  The scans display Galan and Eternity greeting each other as equals and showing the same amount of respect for one another. Has Eternity ever done that to TOAA (Celestial), Mistress Love, Sire Hate or any other Astral Deity? "
It's a form of respect!, that is all, that they're both showing to each other. I love the interpretations people perceive.  There is absolutely nothing in that panel that actually shows or even hints at that Galactus is Eternity's equal in status or power.  All Eternity was doing was giving him a heads up on a plan by others to do him harm.   "
What series is that
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Push said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
It's a form of respect!, that is all, that they're both showing to each other. I love the interpretations people perceive.  There is absolutely nothing in that panel that actually shows or even hints at that Galactus is Eternity's equal in status or power.  All Eternity was doing was giving him a heads up on a plan by others to do him harm.   "

Just out of curiosity, did you ever read Secret Wars or the IG storyline? Galan was at a very weakened state throughout the reign of Thanos, and Eternity failed to acknowledge him even once. In the scan above, when Galan is actually fully-powered, he teleports into Eternity's realm (by turning himself into pure energy) and didn't get treated as an inferior entity at all.
Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Goenitz
@Superparody said:
" marquis "
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Push
"@Push said:
Just out of curiosity, did you ever read Secret Wars or the IG storyline? Galan was at a very weakened state throughout the reign of Thanos, and Eternity failed to acknowledge him even once. In the scan above, when Galan is actually fully-powered, he teleports into Eternity's realm (by turning himself into pure energy) and didn't get treated as an inferior entity at all. "

Have them both and read both.  Galactus was weakend through out the entire series?? That's news to me!! If I remember correctly, there was a war going on with Thanos with the IG, Eternity didn't pay much heed to anyone as his ass was on the line.  Galactus at full is when he's consumed enough planets, however that may be, he's never at Eternity's level, I found that a silly notion to even consider, that Galactus is on Eternity's level??  It's widely known that Eternity>Celestials, Galactus and other cosmic entities.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Push said:
"@Push said:
Just out of curiosity, did you ever read Secret Wars or the IG storyline? Galan was at a very weakened state throughout the reign of Thanos, and Eternity failed to acknowledge him even once. In the scan above, when Galan is actually fully-powered, he teleports into Eternity's realm (by turning himself into pure energy) and didn't get treated as an inferior entity at all. "
Have them both and read both.  Galactus was weakend through out the entire series?? That's news to me!! If I remember correctly, there was a war going on with Thanos with the IG, Eternity didn't pay much heed to anyone as his ass was on the line.  Galactus at full is when he's consumed enough planets, however that may be, he's never at Eternity's level, I found that a silly notion to even consider, that Galactus is on Eternity's level??  It's widely known that Eternity>Celestials, Galactus and other cosmic entities. "

Galactus couldn't devour any planets due to all of them being destroyed by Thanos. It's widely known on here that Full-Powered Galactus = Eternity, but you and Tevnoba obviously missed all of Doom's feats when he took control of Galan's full power.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Push
"@Push said:
"@Push said:
Have them both and read both.  Galactus was weakend through out the entire series?? That's news to me!! If I remember correctly, there was a war going on with Thanos with the IG, Eternity didn't pay much heed to anyone as his ass was on the line.  Galactus at full is when he's consumed enough planets, however that may be, he's never at Eternity's level, I found that a silly notion to even consider, that Galactus is on Eternity's level??  It's widely known that Eternity>Celestials, Galactus and other cosmic entities. "
Galactus couldn't devour any planets due to all of them being destroyed by Thanos. It's widely known on here that Full-Powered Galactus = Eternity, but you and Tevnoba obviously missed all of Doom's feats when he took control of Galan's full power. "

It's widely known on here, or widely assumed on here?? How can you know something that has never been stated or backed by Marvel??  And I only ever saw Thanos destroy ONE planet before Galactus was about to consume it, as a warning to him, and this was before the IG series even began!! Please show me where it was shown or written that all of the planets in the galaxy/universe where destroyed by Thanos?? What exactly where they (planets, I believe) that the Celestials were hurling at Thanos in issue five of IG  ;-)
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Push
"@Push said:
"@Push said:
Galactus couldn't devour any planets due to all of them being destroyed by Thanos. It's widely known on here that Full-Powered Galactus = Eternity, but you and Tevnoba obviously missed all of Doom's feats when he took control of Galan's full power. "

P.S. it's missinformation like this that sets a path of misdirection and inconsistencies of characters on the net.  And what exactly did Doom do with Galen's powers? Defeat Eternity??
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Push said:
"@Push said:
"@Push said:

It's widely known on here, or widely assumed on here?? How can you know something that has never been stated or backed by Marvel??  And I only ever saw Thanos destroy ONE planet before Galactus was about to consume it, as a warning to him, and this was before the IG series even began!! Please show me where it was shown or written that all of the planets in the galaxy/universe where destroyed by Thanos?? What exactly where they (planets, I believe) that the Celestials were hurling at Thanos in issue five of IG  ;-) "

You're right in regards to only one planet (that was an intended target for Galactus) being destroyed. However, you failed to provide evidence for Galan being at even a moderately-fed state during the storyline.
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Undergroundgod
@Push said:
"@Push said:
"@Push said:
P.S. it's missinformation like this that sets a path of misdirection and inconsistencies of characters on the net.  And what exactly did Doom do with Galen's powers? Defeat Eternity?? "

I agree with this fully.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Push
"@Push said:
"@Push said:
"@Push said:

It's widely known on here, or widely assumed on here?? How can you know something that has never been stated or backed by Marvel??  And I only ever saw Thanos destroy ONE planet before Galactus was about to consume it, as a warning to him, and this was before the IG series even began!! Please show me where it was shown or written that all of the planets in the galaxy/universe where destroyed by Thanos?? What exactly where they (planets, I believe) that the Celestials were hurling at Thanos in issue five of IG  ;-) "
You're right in regards to only one planet (that was an intended target for Galactus) being destroyed. However, you failed to provide evidence for Galan being at even a moderately-fed state during the storyline. "

???? Say what ????? Sorry , MJ Wielder, but it's up to you to provide any evidence to back up what you've written, not for me to prove it for YOU!!  I'm happy with everything I wrote :-)
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Push said:
"@Push said:
"@Push said:
"@Push said:

You're right in regards to only one planet (that was an intended target for Galactus) being destroyed. However, you failed to provide evidence for Galan being at even a moderately-fed state during the storyline. "
???? Say what ????? Sorry , MJ Wielder, but it's up to you to provide any evidence to back up what you've written, not for me to prove it for YOU!!  I'm happy with everything I wrote :-) "

You stated that Galan being weakened during the storyline was, "That's news to me!!".
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Undergroundgod said:
"@Push said:
"@Push said:
"@Push said:
P.S. it's missinformation like this that sets a path of misdirection and inconsistencies of characters on the net.  And what exactly did Doom do with Galen's powers? Defeat Eternity?? "
I agree with this fully. "

We're hearing this from the same guy who used low-end feats from an old kids' cartoon as evidence for Ghost Rider being able to beat Galactus.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Push

Yes, it is news to me! And i'm sure I asked YOU to state or show where it was written or shown as such?? Let me know when you can, cause as I remember, that only hapend in that one issue, I believe it was in SS's comic, when Galactus was about to feed and Thanos showed up and had a word with him along the lines of a warning when he made the planet dissapear, so Galactus had to go look for another planet, which obviously weakend him somewhat, till he did find the next planet, to which he obviously did, unless you think he stopped eating/devouring planets since that issue/confrontation with Thanos till he fought in him issue five of the IG?   Also, what purpose would Galan's level of power be, just out of curiosity, when Thanos took out every cosmic being bar the LT in issue five?? Would it have made a difference if Galen just at five or twenty planets?? Was Galen the hidden weapon or something?? Cause I remember Thanos taking over Eternity's role by the end of that issue, so what i'm asking is, what difference does Galactus make irrespective of what powerlevel he was at? And for the record, you honestly believe Galactus would rock up to that fight with all those other cosmic entities hungry and weak??? What would be the purpose? Not much, cause as I just stated, even if he was fully fed, still wouldn't have meant anything ;-)
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Push said:
"Yes, it is news to me! And i'm sure I asked YOU to state or show where it was written or shown as such?? Let me know when you can, cause as I remember, that only hapend in that one issue, I believe it was in SS's comic, when Galactus was about to feed and Thanos showed up and had a word with him along the lines of a warning when he made the planet dissapear, so Galactus had to go look for another planet, which obviously weakend him somewhat, till he did find the next planet, to which he obviously did, unless you think he stopped eating/devouring planets since that issue/confrontation with Thanos till he fought in him issue five of the IG?   Also, what purpose would Galan's level of power be, just out of curiosity, when Thanos took out every cosmic being bar the LT in issue five?? Would it have made a difference if Galen just at five or twenty planets?? Was Galen the hidden weapon or something?? Cause I remember Thanos taking over Eternity's role by the end of that issue, so what i'm asking is, what difference does Galactus make irrespective of what powerlevel he was at? And for the record, you honestly believe Galactus would rock up to that fight with all those other cosmic entities hungry and weak??? What would be the purpose? Not much, cause as I just stated, even if he was fully fed, still wouldn't have meant anything ;-) "

1. Thanos destroyed that planet during Infinity Gauntlet #2  
2. I don't recall Thanos ever sending out a warning to him
3. I never said that his state would've made a difference in that fight, seeing as how Eternity never stood a chance (as you pointed out) 
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Push
"@Push said:
"Yes, it is news to me! And i'm sure I asked YOU to state or show where it was written or shown as such?? Let me know when you can, cause as I remember, that only hapend in that one issue, I believe it was in SS's comic, when Galactus was about to feed and Thanos showed up and had a word with him along the lines of a warning when he made the planet dissapear, so Galactus had to go look for another planet, which obviously weakend him somewhat, till he did find the next planet, to which he obviously did, unless you think he stopped eating/devouring planets since that issue/confrontation with Thanos till he fought in him issue five of the IG?   Also, what purpose would Galan's level of power be, just out of curiosity, when Thanos took out every cosmic being bar the LT in issue five?? Would it have made a difference if Galen just at five or twenty planets?? Was Galen the hidden weapon or something?? Cause I remember Thanos taking over Eternity's role by the end of that issue, so what i'm asking is, what difference does Galactus make irrespective of what powerlevel he was at? And for the record, you honestly believe Galactus would rock up to that fight with all those other cosmic entities hungry and weak??? What would be the purpose? Not much, cause as I just stated, even if he was fully fed, still wouldn't have meant anything ;-) "
1. Thanos destroyed that planet during Infinity Gauntlet #2  2. I don't recall Thanos ever sending out a warning to him3. I never said that his state would've made a difference in that fight, seeing as how Eternity never stood a chance (as you pointed out)  "

1. I believe it was in an issue of SS before IG kicked off, but will have to double check that, as it seems we may possibly be reffering to two seperate situations, and yes, Thanos did give Galactus a warning. 3. So, what is your point then?
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Push said:
"@Push said:
1. Thanos destroyed that planet during Infinity Gauntlet #2  2. I don't recall Thanos ever sending out a warning to him3. I never said that his state would've made a difference in that fight, seeing as how Eternity never stood a chance (as you pointed out)  "
1. I believe it was in an issue of SS before IG kicked off, but will have to double check that, as it seems we may possibly be reffering to two seperate situations, and yes, Thanos did give Galactus a warning. 3. So, what is your point then? "

I was simply pointing out that Galan wasn't fed at all during that storyline. If we're referring to the same issue, then I never saw Thanos send out a warning.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Push

I just checked some of the earlier SS issues, and isn't in them, so it must be in the issue you stated.  Have the IG series stashed elswhere, will check it out and get back to you.
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Montaq

Full powered Galactus could defeat MOD
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Push
@Montaq said:
"Full powered Galactus could defeat MOD "

Please explain??
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Undergroundgod
"@Undergroundgod said:
"@Push said:
"@Push said:
"@Push said:
I agree with this fully. "
We're hearing this from the same guy who used low-end feats from an old kids' cartoon as evidence for Ghost Rider being able to beat Galactus. "

I was being sarcastic when I said that. Which is why I was pissed when I was called a Troll for saying that. Now you bringing that up shows me that you are just being an ass. There has been alot of threads since then and when I agree with you do you feel the need to bring up old news, can I hear a no. Plus all I was agreeing to was the P.S. statement because it's true. I think Galactus would win this fight, now against Eternity he would get his ass curbstomped because he is not equal to Eternity. 
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Push
@Push said:
"@Push said:
1. I believe it was in an issue of SS before IG kicked off, but will have to double check that, as it seems we may possibly be reffering to two seperate situations, and yes, Thanos did give Galactus a warning. 3. So, what is your point then? "

@Push said:
"I just checked some of the earlier SS issues, and isn't in them, so it must be in the issue you stated.  Have the IG series stashed elswhere, will check it out and get back to you. "

o.k. after having just gone through issue two of IG and the whole series, no, that was not what I was referring to when I said Thanos confronted Galactus and gave him a warning... 

That's the page I assume your referring to from IG #2, where Galactus doesn't actually meet with Thanos, just feels the aftershock of his onslaught with the IG, which Odin and the rest of the skyfathers and every other being in the galaxy fealt. I'm referring to Galactus's comment  in the last panel down the bottom, wich reads "The SECOND banquet of which he has cheated me", is what I was referring to, in which as I stated, and remember enough now, just not the exact issue, but hapend in Silver Surfer's comic, somewhere between #46-49, from memory, which took place just before the mini series actually came out and Thanos had just aquired the IG, and Galactus was setting up ready to devour a planet, when Thanos apeard out of nowhere, and was letting Galactus know of his new found power, and at the click of his fingers and blink of Galactus's eye, while they were talking, made the planet that Galactus was going to consume, dissapear, basically warning him, even he (Galen) is not above him with the IG and should watch himself, that's what I was referring to.
daveknockwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By daveknockwin

If you aren't going to do any real research, you should just go the frak home.
 If you aren't going to do any real research, you should just go the frak home.

These pages are ripped from Marvel 1985 #6. The excerpt shows Clyde Wyncham commanding every single Marvel character (including Galactus) to go home with but just one thought. Now think. This is before he was even imprisoned and subsequently released by a group of Marvel super villians. This is even before he had spent billions of years mastering time and space. This is even before he became the Marquis of Death. It doesn't matter what you think Galactus is capable of. All that matters is what we, the readers, have read firsthand. Galactus is called the Devourer of Worlds. He destroys planets. The Marquis of Death destroys universes. The Fantastic Four can easily take on Galactus, whereas, it took the pre-Marquis of Death version of Clyde Wyncham, the Fantastic Four, and a super-powered Doctor Doom to kill the Marquis of Death in Fantastic Four #569. So the next time you think about arguing that the Marquis of Death would lose in a battle to Galactus, you better stop yourself from saying anything. Because I will destroy you.
These pages are ripped from Marvel 1985 #6. The excerpt shows Clyde Wyncham commanding every single Marvel character (including Galactus) to go home with but just one thought. Now think. This is before he was even imprisoned and subsequently released by a group of Marvel super villians. This is even before he had spent billions of years mastering time and space. This is even before he became the Marquis of Death. It doesn't matter what you think Galactus is capable of. All that matters is what we, the readers, have read firsthand. Galactus is called the Devourer of Worlds. He destroys planets. The Marquis of Death destroys universes. The Fantastic Four can easily take on Galactus, whereas, it took the pre-Marquis of Death version of Clyde Wyncham, the Fantastic Four, and a super-powered Doctor Doom to kill the Marquis of Death in Fantastic Four #569. So the next time you think about arguing that the Marquis of Death would lose in a battle to Galactus, you better stop yourself from saying anything. Because I will destroy you.

"No one can stand against the gods." "I've seen dimensions where your gods are insects."
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Mercy_

I JUST read the Master of Doom arc today...

daveknockwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By daveknockwin

Did you like it? Do you like Mark Millar's writing style?

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By czarny_samael666

MoD turns Galactus into his herlad...

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atphantom:Absolutely not, it is clear that Eternity is more powerful Galactus absolutely. In fact, in the comic Marquis he says that your gods are like insects compared to Eternity

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoD.

Ilikecomics291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If eternity is a thing he can summon with ease than he wins even without eternity he would destroy galaxy is and probably eat his body cause MOD is gruesome

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoD.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marquis of death still stomps.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#50  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Erm, Marquis already summoned Galactus and scared him off when he was brain damaged and not anywhere at the level he became later?