Galactus and In Betweener vs Kubik and The Stranger

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn

Who wins this all out battle between these Cosmic Powerhouses ? Everyone is at Standard Levels of Power. Fight takes place in Space. Random Encounter.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nessy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not sure about the power of the stranger, but think that the cosmic cubes and their entities are waaaaay weaker than galactus

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nessy3 said:

not sure about the power of the stranger, but think that the cosmic cubes and their entities are waaaaay weaker than galactus

could you explain how so ?

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nessy3 said:

no, kubik once held a universe in his hand.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn

anyone else ?

jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the inbetweener is the counter force of both the stranger and of kubik. since they are both unique in this universe he would match them power for power, (as he does with galactus). galactus, which is emplied is unique in any universe. inbetweener holds kubik to a stand still, galactus thumps the stranger (just not the same power level) and then joins the inbetweener in finishing off kubik.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn

@jec777 said:

the inbetweener is the counter force of both the stranger and of kubik. since they are both unique in this universe he would match them power for power, (as he does with galactus). galactus, which is emplied is unique in any universe. inbetweener holds kubik to a stand still, galactus thumps the stranger (just not the same power level) and then joins the inbetweener in finishing off kubik.

So you see The Stranger as the weaker of the beings here ? What makes you think this ?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its very hard to accurately judge the power of a cosmic cube being. If we go by purely feats, cosmic cube have much better showing of power tan Galactus , Inbetweener as well as Stranger put together.

Sadly both on panel evidence and bio , for whatever reason, says Kubik < most celestial which i find weird.

Going in on panel evidence:

1. Fight between Kubik and Super Adaptoid was said to threaten the multiverse, and 2 cosmic cube being Beyonder and Molecule Man, the formal of whom Kubik has beaten in a fight caused trans-multiversal damange.

2. Starthief tapping into Kubik's power was able to easily teleport stars out of out universe into a pocket realty. Kubik later put it all back with absolute ease.

3. Kubik fought and beaten the Beyonder (post retcon), where Beyonder attacked Kubik with a whole lot of planet which did absolutely no damage to him, and Kubik held Beyonder's entire universe in his hand and could have curshed the whole universe anytime he wanted.

4. A small portion of Kubik's power transformed Earth into technopolis

5. Kubik got BFRed into the biggest black hole in the universe, which did absolutely no damage to him.

6. Kubik has stop time, slowed time, and put everything back on a global scale.

Other feats from cosmic cubes:

1. Thanos with cosmic cube replace the sentience of universe, Eternity.

2. When cosmic cubes were broken into small peices, in an alternate reality, it gave every heroes in its universe their own universe / pocket universe.

3. Reed used a cosmic cube to pwn Dr. Doom with the power of Galactus and significant other amps.

4. A very amped up Serpent fought itself pushed back, broken to his own reality with a cosmic cube.

Really if you are willing to look past 1 statement, cosmic cube and cosmic cube being should stomp the rest three together.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wondered about the Cosmic Cube beings... because I know they have high end feats but have been stated to be below Celestials. Maybe Kubik and his boys was just being Modest.

:P

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wondered about the Cosmic Cube beings... because I know they have high end feats but have been stated to be below Celestials. Maybe Kubik and his boys was just being Modest.

If they have high end feats that's cool, but once it's stated by the company that they are at a certain level then isn't it gospel until a retcon, right? Kubik is the one that explains the levels of infinity (IIRC) and how there are beings that are powerful and yet still beings more powerful than that, according to a mature cosmic cube they are several levels below "the powers that be" in Marvel, which means regardless of feats they are not on the level of Galactus by their own admission.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn

@king_saturn said:

If they have high end feats that's cool, but once it's stated by the company that they are at a certain level then isn't it gospel until a retcon, right? Kubik is the one that explains the levels of infinity (IIRC) and how there are beings that are powerful and yet still beings more powerful than that, according to a mature cosmic cube they are several levels below "the powers that be" in Marvel, which means regardless of feats they are not on the level of Galactus by their own admission.

I don't know about this... I mean if the character has these high end feats... then maybe we should accept them for what they are.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

@king_saturn said:

I don't know about this... I mean if the character has these high end feats... then maybe we should accept them for what they are.

I'm not saying we shouldn't accept the feats only that regardless of the feats the power behind it has stated it's limits and those limits are below the power of Galactus.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@king_saturn said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't accept the feats only that regardless of the feats the power behind it has stated it's limits and those limits are below the power of Galactus.

Supposedly, Kubik has power on essentially a Universal Scale... I don't recall Galactus under normal conditions having power beyond that scale either. Essentially based on capabilities, I don't see how Galactus could be that much above Kubik, whether it's stated or not.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

@king_saturn said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@king_saturn said:

Supposedly, Kubik has power on essentially a Universal Scale... I don't recall Galactus under normal conditions having power beyond that scale either. Essentially based on capabilities, I don't see how Galactus could be that much above Kubik, whether it's stated or not.

That's because it's not in his job description to act as such. Cube beings do not have to work within the balance that beings like Galactus have to, so they can use their power to upset that balance, that does not make them greater than the keepers of the balance. Under normal conditions Galactus won't fight anything he will fulfill his role and eat planets, under normal conditions cube beings invade and warp reality but according to them they are not above the higher powers such as Celestials, Galactus, Phoenix or the Abstracts. So taking their feats into account and their place in the universe what they can do should be able to take Galactus out, no different than any being not bound to the balance but does that automatically make him weaker than them? Especially since they don't even believe he is? His very being warps reality which is why all beings see him different, he doesn't even have to try to warp reality it warps itself to give him suitable form.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@king_saturn said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@king_saturn said:

That's because it's not in his job description to act as such. Cube beings do not have to work within the balance that beings like Galactus have to, so they can use their power to upset that balance, that does not make them greater than the keepers of the balance. Under normal conditions Galactus won't fight anything he will fulfill his role and eat planets, under normal conditions cube beings invade and warp reality but according to them they are not above the higher powers such as Celestials, Galactus, Phoenix or the Abstracts. So taking their feats into account and their place in the universe what they can do should be able to take Galactus out, no different than any being not bound to the balance but does that automatically make him weaker than them? Especially since they don't even believe he is? His very being warps reality which is why all beings see him different, he doesn't even have to try to warp reality it warps itself to give him suitable form.

Well this is a Battle... the most important thing here are the actual showings of the characters not just the dialogue they say. So based on the showings... what do you see as the outcome ?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@lordofallhumans said:

@king_saturn said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@king_saturn said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@king_saturn said:

Well this is a Battle... the most important thing here are the actual showings of the characters not just the dialogue they say. So based on the showings... what do you see as the outcome ?

Based on showings they have high end feats, but they have also been retconned to death, character dialog should only come into question when they say they are omnipotent, not when they admit inferiority and list those that dwarf them.

Under normal conditions Galactus will be hungry and not as powerful as he should be when facing such beings, they can get a win, but looking at the big picture I don't believe they are more powerful than him.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17  Edited By owie  Moderator

I think Galactus and the In-Betweener win. I go back and forth on the sentient Cubes' abilities. As already discussed above, Kubik's are pretty solid, but there's that Celestial comment, and several others about being minor omnipotents. And if you look at Molecule Man's power level in his cosmic-cube era, it goes up and down like an elevator. I tend to see them essentially as being equal to Galactus however. The Stranger, however, is the weak link here. For instance, he was in a battle with Overmind, and Overmind was clearly beating him before the Watchers stopped it. I don't think he's done a lot with his own personal power that's really high end. I could be wrong, but I see him as below the others. He's another highly-retconned one, his origin and place in the universal hierarchy keep getting moved around. But In-Betweener, I think, would totally take him, so team 1 wins.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had it been only Kubik's statement i would have agreed, Marvel Handbook back the whole incident (handbook says Kubik power compared to Galactus is unknown but is less powerful than most Celestials), which becomes difficult to argue against, despite you know feats saying otherwise.

No Caption Provided

So before Kubik became Kubik, Thanos essentially uses him to take over an entire universe, make him the central of reality and replace Eternity, but after he evolves into Kubik he is still below Celestials? Or how cosmic cube essential pwned Dr. Doom with power of Galactus, cosmic control rod, the Ultimate Machine, the Sacred Helix of Randac , yet gets stomped by Reed with cosmic cube, not really sure what to think.

So i suppose its your interpretation, but would you take a statement of Kubik made in regards to Celestial, or would you look at a cosmic cube essentially pwning someone with the power of Galactus and a lot more as evidence that Kubik should dwarf him.

Its not only better feats, its that Galactus and cosmic cube has been matched together and cube still came out on top.

@lordofallhumans:while level of infinity is one possible explanation we actually have cosmic cube performing feats that we know Galactus cant replicate, i.e. replacing the sentience of the universe when we know Galactus < Eternity, or essentially pwing Dr. Doom with Galactus power and much more.

In fact most of Galactus's bio keep cosmic cube and ultimate nullifier as major threat to Galactus.

jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still dosn't matter the cube allows more power as a reality changer the the cube beings. once a cube hatches and the new being is born, it dosn't have the power because its brain gets in the way. because the cube entaties are each unique that falls under the power of the inbetweener power scope. the inbetweener is the counter power in the universe. he fights kubik to a standstill. galactus stops the stranger, and joins the inbetweener stopping kubik.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jec777 said:

still dosn't matter the cube allows more power as a reality changer the the cube beings. once a cube hatches and the new being is born, it dosn't have the power because its brain gets in the way.

There seem to be a lot of self assumptions there.

Firstly, not sure where you got the bolded part from.

Also if we are questioning the power of cosmic cube being after being hatched lets see if i can convince you otherwise.

It was stated that a fight between Kubik and Super Adaptoid (who copied Kubik's power) would threaten all of existence (which was likely a multiverse given the context, more proof on that later)

No Caption Provided

Kubik thinking about the fight says "The resulting reality war (between Kubik and Super Adaptoid) who shred the fabric of all existence -- extending into infinite dimensions and adjusting universeS)

No Caption Provided

Super Adaptoid is a robot, Kubik is a cosmic cube, they dont have tendency to lie. However even to enfore the point when 2 cosmic cube being fought they caused destruction on trans-multiversal scale

While Molecule Man there was undoubtadely more powerful than Kubik, Beyonder, the other half of the fighting part wasnt, because when Kubik fought Beyonder the first time around he beat him, even held his entire universe in his hand

because the cube entaties are each unique that falls under the power of the inbetweener power scope. the inbetweener is the counter power in the universe. he fights kubik to a standstill. galactus stops the stranger, and joins the inbetweener stopping kubik.

That again seem like a lot of assumption than anything else, could you site me something to actually substantiate it, that it doesnt not matter what your power level is, if you are unique and have an anti-thesis (which i am certain there has been no mention of cosmic cube ever having an anti-thesis) he can hold his own against Kubik?

I see a lot of assumption and very little backing up. Also its not like InBetweener is unbeatable, Galactus easily got the better of him, and Dr. Strange beat him with a little PIS.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

team 1....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone else

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Good post my friend,And a 4 planet fed g can one shot a Celectial.Who these cube beings practically worship!

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: you have to remember ,dooms ultimate goal all along.was accuering the power of galactus.After he got it he threw the cube away1also how can tou ever trust a 12 issue series with 5 or 6 writers having input ,no wonder it was a big dissapointing mess.

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.