Galactic Republic (Star Wars) vs Terran Dominion (StarCraft)

• 91 results
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By tparks
@killerwasp said:
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

@tparks: "The reason I was showing feats of Minotaur Class, is because those are the weakest BC's, and even the weakest have shown better durability and firepower then anything from Star Wars short of the Death Star." <- not true due to the tons of ship to ship fights that star wars has had they have been through quite a bit more. My point is your b-cruisers were said to be powerful enough to get past the protoss defenses, yet they die like so ^ I'm not doubting the fact that the b cruisers can give the GR a good fight, im just saying don't overestimate the Terrans.

I don't know if you realize where you pulled these feats from, but the first the BattleCruiser was in the air with a Zerg Leviathan which makes even a Gorgon Class BattleCruiser look like an toy plane, so obviously it's going down.

No Caption Provided

The second feat was in the battle against Char, where there were millions of Zerg fliers. Zerg fliers have evolved their acid in their projectiles and glaives to dissolve BattleCruiser hulls, and have even evolved so that their blood is even more acidic. Each dead mutalisk can burn through several layers of Neosteel. You're underestimating Zerg anti air abilities if you think it took less then the Protoss Rip-Field Generators to bring them down. The Zerg are some of the most dominant forces while fighting in the skies and space.

I'm also confused why you think Star Wars is so much more experienced in space combat then StarCraft, and what feats Star Wars has in their ships that make them advanced as compared to StarCraft in a space battle. A single StarCraft space battle is so much more in it's scope. There are thousands of more ships in a StarCraft space battle, that all have better feats of firepower and durability, then the even the biggest battles we've seen from Star Wars.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tparks: Cities aren't nuked because that's agInst the Geneva Convention and there hasn't been an all out war between two nuclear powers. As far as I know, the city has no tactical value other than it is where the enemy is.

Come in low? An acclamator can bomb from orbit and completely annihilate the entire Starcraft force in a single shot. So unless the comparatively puny Thors have the ability to shoot to space and cut through Star Destroyer-level shields there's no real battle here.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Cities aren't nuked because that's agInst the Geneva Convention and there hasn't been an all out war between two nuclear powers. As far as I know, the city has no tactical value other than it is where the enemy is.

Come in low? An acclamator can bomb from orbit and completely annihilate the entire Starcraft force in a single shot. So unless the comparatively puny Thors have the ability to shoot to space and cut through Star Destroyer-level shields there's no real battle here.

People aren't completely soulless; consciences have more to do with preventing nuclear war then the Geneva convention.

I don't think we should assume these characters are heartless monsters, that would just send nukes raining down from space. This type of thing has happened from the worst of the worst of both of these universes, but those characters aren't in this battle.

Is there a single instance where an Acclamator for the Galactic Republic started raining death down on a battlefield that was filled with troops that had both the enemy and their own people engaged in battle? I don't foresee this happening.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: my point was, that even SC is showing low end feats for the b cruisers are they are not as strong as you think they are. Thats my point, whether u agree with this or not is up to you. Never the less though the B-cruisers are without doubt not above all things in star wars, some but not all. ( unless ur talking about the Gorgon Class BattleCruiser or bigger ).

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: my point was, that even SC is showing low end feats for the b cruisers are they are not as strong as you think they are. Thats my point, whether u agree with this or not is up to you. Never the less though the B-cruisers are without doubt not above all things in star wars, some but not all. ( unless ur talking about the Gorgon Class BattleCruiser or bigger ).

What does Star Wars have to show that they can compare and where are the low end feats? You showed feats for Zerg and their high end power, not a low end feat for BCs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: i wouldnt call spam Mutalisk a high end feat if bcs are able to withstand molecular level attacks or defenses from that of protoss. Its like saying Tyranids = Necrons in damage output which is wrong. As for the Star wars ships that he is using.

Venator-class Star Destroyer = equipment or weapons it carries are =

• DBY-827 heavy dual turbolaser turret DBY-827 Heavy Turbolaser these are able to bring down normal separatist capital ships "Providence-class carrier/destroyer" ( after a decent broadside engagement ) and carries 8 of them.
  • Medium dual turbolaser cannons carries two of these
  • Turbolaser cannons ( carries a bunch )
  • Point-defense laser cannons ( these were used for fighters and such. )
  • Heavy proton torpedo tubes

Full view of this

^ source Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections CompleteCross-Sections

Acclamator-class assault ship

• Quad turbolaser cannon
  • Point-defense laser cannons
  • Proton torpedo tubes

again supported by CompleteCross-Sections (Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections)

feats on ship on ship battle

Dueling with this seps capital ship which also has its own fire power, it seems to take damage have its shields down, but still keeps on going during the battle as u can see the ship keep moving foward due to the republic output damage though the sep's ship is badly damaged and prolly not going to be able to go another round.

Loading Video...

^ one shotting a ship ( granted smaller ) but can still be very effective against the bcs.

Loading Video...

^ the ship being heavily damaged still manages keep moving and crash into a seps Lucrehulk-class battleship and destroy it.

Anyway as for the Acclamator I-class assault ship so far i cant really find alot of however they were very successful and the reason why is even though they had to update them, to another phase which necessary wasn't alot of improvement, but were used even during the Galactic Civil war Era as well, they can be considered a supporting ship for the Venator Class Star Destroyer ( or others if need be ).

also u can get the size of how big the star wars ships were.... ^ the Actual 1 mile big Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer well heres another with the CSD looking super tiny compared to some of the other ships the SW universe has produced.

( look at the top left corner and u will see the Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer ) and then the other ships that star wars has made.... Again as i said, the ships are powerful and ill repeat depending on the class the TD offer they could win or lose space.

Dynamo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UPGRADE COMPLETE!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By tparks

@killerwasp: Really cool images you provided and facts about Star Wars ships, but I don't know if anything you provided really shows their firepower being anything special. It more just showed that they have a lot of different ships and guns and that they are about the same size as StarCraft ships. Nothing in that even compared at all to a Yamoto cannon or the durability of a BattleCruiser.

And I don't see why millions of mutalisk are less then Protoss tech. Protoss are not greater then Zerg. Zerg have adapted themselves to be dominant in air and space battles. They are designed to melt through several layers neosteel.

A single Mutalisk is not even killed yet, but the blood from it's wounds melts a Marine so much that his body is fused to the Mutalisk
A single Mutalisk is not even killed yet, but the blood from it's wounds melts a Marine so much that his body is fused to the Mutalisk
Mutalisk blood burns a hole through a Command Center that is built to be durable like a battlecruiser
Mutalisk blood burns a hole through a Command Center that is built to be durable like a battlecruiser
Mutalisk blood causes a satelite dish to collapse on itself
Mutalisk blood causes a satelite dish to collapse on itself
A single dead Mutalisk continues to melt through several layers and floors of Neosteel in a command center
Mutalisk blood melts through the structural NeoSteel supports.
Mutalisk blood melts through the structural NeoSteel supports.

As you can see, Mutalisks are far from something that would be considered lesser then Protoss tech, and the video you provided was from a battle where there was the largest concentration of Zerg possibly ever. This should not be seen as a low end feat at all, because even a single dead Mutalisk is very dangerous, but there were millions of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: maybe u should of read what i posted on the bottom left at least for the Acclamator I-class assault ship it has 200 gigtons of fire power. ( the smaller of the two ). So when has the bcs withstand that? ( curious not saying it coudnt happen )

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: maybe u should of read what i posted on the bottom left at least for the Acclamator I-class assault ship it has 200 gigtons of fire power. ( the smaller of the two ). So when has the bcs withstand that? ( curious not saying it coudnt happen )

It's hard to read anything in those scans. For some reason you can't click them so to make the picture enlarge and become more clear.

Anyways, Behemoth BC's can survive a Yamoto blast. I have a hard time believing Star Wars blasts have anything that hits harder then that, because we've never seen it happen. The strongest thing we've seen is from the Death Star (which does have wayyy more power then a BC). Everything else has been nothing that big for firepower though. If they have these 200gigaton weapons on their ships, why don't they ever use them? Or is it just saying that the combined firepower of all of their guns spread out equals that much? That's a big difference. I think at least one feat should have to be provided to show that they actually have this level of firepower, instead of a just text from an S-Canon source.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By reikai

@tparks: The issue is that there is no visual evidence to represent that level of force. The resource books say it has that much force, but nothing in the movies, comics or animated series ever displays it properly. Even in KotoR with Malak having Taris bombarded with Turbolaser fire, they're only breaking up parts of buildings.

Loading Video...

Whereas when we look a bit earlier in time to the Mandalorian War, Mandalore actually had Nukes used and bombarded Serroco with nuclear missiles that leveled cities all across the planet.

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By tparks

@reikai: That's exactly my point. We never see anything to support that level of firepower. Thank you for the source material to clarify too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: true, but regardless can they? As what reikai said its hard to find actual evidence of this, its stated, but still. Regardless of that they still have the fire power nevertheless. I could try digging deep and finding some quotes, but what u see is from source itself regardless ( the ones in ship fights and such ). The only way i see the SC BCS winning is only cause of the Yamoto blast and thats if they use it, and don't miss.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: It is a level of canon, but reference books are S-Canon, because writer's can choose to use the information inside of them or completely ignore it if they choose. Only the information inside of a reference book that is actually seen in the EU is C-Canon, and if it's seen in the movies then it's upgraded to G-Canon. Normally, S-Canon like this is not real relevant in battles, because we don't even know if it exists or not. That's why we don't see very many feats from the Marvel Star Wars comics from way back, because all of that has been downgraded to S-Canon and we can't confirm if any of it actually happened or not in continuity with the rest of the EU.

But, if they actually could use weapons of that firepower against BattleCruisers, then I think it would be a very close match and pretty much just whoever lands the first shot wins.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: @tparks: The thing is, we've seen that starfighters can take 2 maybe 3 direct hits from a Turbolaser before going down or exploding. And yet they can take just as much damage, or even more so, from crashing through trees in atmosphere.

One would think that a ship with a shield capable of withstanding even 100gt of force would be able to smash through a mountain without so much as a scratch. Yet we see ships all the time run into solid objects and get shredded to pieces.

I for one just can't see turbolaser bolts themselves possessing 400gt of force. I can see perhaps the cannons requiring that force to launch these high-density particle capsules across large distances and propel them at a rate of speed needed to strike fast-moving objects in space, but that the bolts themselves might only possess a fraction of the power used to launch them.

To me that would seem a more logical standing for it and could be more easily indicated by visuals. Such as the episode of TCW with the Malevolence ship as it was damaged and being chased by the Republic Fleet. It's shields had been brought down, but the Republic ships couldn't destroy it easily because of the ships sheer size, regardless of how much turbolaser fire they kept hitting it with. The Malevolence w/o shields and the loss of its primary weapon should've made it easy pickings, and yet its sheer mass alone was enough to allow it to withstand heavy turbolaser fire.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tparks

@reikai:

The thing is, we've seen that starfighters can take 2 maybe 3 direct hits from a Turbolaser before going down or exploding. And yet they can take just as much damage, or even more so, from crashing through trees in atmosphere.

Great point. BattleCruisers in the StarCraft Universe have crash landed, and do not take damage from the collision though. The scan below is of the Hyperion before Mengsk stole it as his own. It crash landed into a fiery planet, but was still able to be repaired and be completely operational and even retrofitted with a defensive matrix and Yamoto canon in a short amount of time. I can't imagine the ground did much damage if it was still repairable and even upgrade-able.

No Caption Provided

Even lesser vehicles such as SCVs, a siege tank, wraiths, and medivacs survived the crash within the BC.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@killerwasp said:

It's hard to read anything in those scans. For some reason you can't click them so to make the picture enlarge and become more clear.

Anyways, Behemoth BC's can survive a Yamoto blast. I have a hard time believing Star Wars blasts have anything that hits harder then that, because we've never seen it happen. The strongest thing we've seen is from the Death Star (which does have wayyy more power then a BC). Everything else has been nothing that big for firepower though. If they have these 200gigaton weapons on their ships, why don't they ever use them? Or is it just saying that the combined firepower of all of their guns spread out equals that much? That's a big difference. I think at least one feat should have to be provided to show that they actually have this level of firepower, instead of a just text from an S-Canon source.

In the EU, a single Star Destroyer could easily level a planet in a few hours, they had a name for it-- Base Delta Zero. Anakin Skywalker said that Conqueror class Dreadnoughts of the Confederacy could destroy a planet during the battle of terra sool, and the Acclamator warship is even stronger.

Also, as to the Taris bombardment, even though the cinematic just shows buildings being knocked over, canonically "the bombardment was executed until the entire world was virtually scoured of life, killing billions of beings." It took the Republic THREE CENTURIES to even be able to step on the surface of the planet, and even longer to actually rebuild civilization.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo:

In the EU, a single Star Destroyer could easily level a planet in a few hours, they had a name for it-- Base Delta Zero. Anakin Skywalker said that Conqueror class Dreadnoughts of the Confederacy could destroy a planet during the battle of terra sool, and the Acclamator warship is even stronger.

What support is there for these claims or that the Acclamator is stronger. Is there a single feat to back this up?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo: That is mainly because the Republic couldn't spare the resources to even try. KotoR2 they were trying to rebuild Telos and that was a strenuous effort because of the Republic's financial difficulties after the Jedi Civil War which left them virtually bankrupt. And after the incident with Nihilus, Sion and Traya, there were less than 100 Jedi left alive in the whole galaxy.

It didn't take them 300yrs to get to fixing Taris. It took them 300yrs to rebuild the entirety of the Republic and get things back into shape. They didn't care about Taris until after the Treaty of Coruscant and Governor Saresh took resources to try and Rebuild Taris, not to really help the people, but to spit in the Sith Empire's face and get public support.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: @tparks: but we have seen large ships from the CIS whom are on par with the republic crash and not have necessary a problem example of this even from the movie which ships were dumbed down. Now granted it wasnt going to slow down, but that's because it was heavily damaged. Along with if we talk about these "large ships" being ruined by trees then thats a good question as to why cause we can see the armor in star wars TPM ( the Trade Federation ) blowing threw decent trees with no problems. Yet if ur ship that u quoted was suppose to not die ( which it didnt ) then again thats a confusing moment as we clearly saw in the video a BC dropping onto a city and blowing up. (ik u said it was injured ) but that was implied that all BCs can do this, then the one dropping shouldn't of mattered then regardless it would of just crashed like the star wars ship did and sat there (granted front would of been crushed but regardless )

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@force_echo:

What support is there for these claims or that the Acclamator is stronger. Is there a single feat to back this up?

Yes, there is, an imperial star destroyer destroyed the planet Caamas, Emberlene, Borleais an old republic sith warship destroyed Taris, and many more operations. It's a well known fact and capability that Star Wars capital ships have planet-devastating abilities. A single Star Destroyer puts out more power than entire civilizations, as much as a G class Star. According to the Clone Wars comic series, Base Delta zero was enacted many times by the Republic to drive out underground separatist bunkers. As to the point of how the Acclamators are stronger than Conquerors, in the Clone Wars TV series we see two Acclamators engaging and defeating over 5 Conquerors, in addition to Grevious' personal warship.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man I don't know about the war but I really wanna play StarCraft right about now...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo: Not doubting u on this "As to the point of how the Acclamators are stronger than Conquerors, in the Clone Wars TV series we see two Acclamators engaging and defeating over 5 Conquerors, in addition to Grevious' personal warship." <- but do u happen to have the video of this? or quote? Thats what their looking for is solid evidence rather than your words. It may seem like common knowledge, but unless their is a direct line of proof that can be presented to those whom are doubting it, we can not really call it a feat or a reliable feat which is what they are looking for.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwightspitz said:

Man I don't know about the war but I really wanna play StarCraft right about now...

LOL!

Dynamo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: It's a Starcraft thing, it says during the game when ya well. . .make an upgrade lol.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems super close to me. I'm leaning towards team Starcraft, though, especially on the ground level.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jwwprod
Reficul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Wut

@jwwprod: Sorry for the late reply Jw, I have been really busy. I still have to do Killers, and I haven't had time to do much of anything lately.

Oh lords. You had to bring in Clone War ships? That always brews the crap storm.

The largest problem with Star Wars ships is that we have variable yields. If we use Movies and TCW, their yields are going to be very low because their ships are not only engaging in 'knife fighting' range, but the real kicker is we see them fighting in sub-orbit where larger yields would be... well... it would be fairly obvious to see. Six AT-TE tanks put down a CIS Frigate... so yea, cardboard armor for the win! That said, BC have never shown me amazing durability either.

EU has some instances of higher yields, I can't find much on Acclamators and Venators, but I do have a lot on ISDs like it taking hundreds of missiles to put one down, Vaders tanking three cruisers coming out of hyperspace and crashing right on top of them. Venators had the guns to match the later ISD-1, but I will not use ISD durability and say Venators share it because they shouldn't. We can 'scale down' and try to figure it out from there, but that takes time and energy I don't really want to use as I have been tied down lately and don't really have the time to dedicate to sit down and hash out the 'rough calcs'.

ICS puts the Acclamator at 200 Gigatons. While its point defense turrets are putting out MT. If we use ICS, Acclamator, alone, devastates everything. Given its shields has to tank multiple near 200 gigaton shots as, if the Acclamator is that then the equivalent CIS ships have to be close, and it can solo small (This is me being conservative) fleets of BC without difficulty.

So, in essence, it goes Movies/Cartoons << EU <<<<<<<<<<< ICS

Depends on which one you want to use. People tend to forget that the Venator is also a Carrier carrying a very large number of spacecraft fighters. I mean large amount like... Really? Large as in take a ISD II and multiple its 72 fighters by three then some.

So Movies/TCW: BC would be roughly equal to Acclamators

EU and scaling down from ISD-1: Acclamator, Venators > BC

ICS: Star Wars Ships >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BC

I assume for sake of balance we are using Movies/TCW? In which case, the fight in space is now irrelevant as they are going to be shooting at each other while trying to keep the other from giving the other ground support.

As for Mandalorians, they are better then Clone Troopers vastly so. Mandalorian Supercommandos, don't let the name fool you, they are mandalorians with just different views then the Death Watch were the spear tip and greatest force of the CIS... and there was only 200 of them. They were that good that they were sent at the hardest Republic hotspots, and they would dominate the battlefield. So, no, Mandalorians are not the same as Clone Troopers and using the Death Watch's pitiful showing in TCW to set the bar for Mandalorians is low-balling them a great deal.

However, that said, Terrain Marines do dominate this. Their C-14 rifles are accurate at 1,000 meters due to auto-targeting, yes, major plot hole I know. "Why don't they just aim around the corner and let the gun do the work?" Because Blizzard isn't very smart. Their rifles fire 30 rounds a second of 8mm tungsten spikes. Ouch. Given the force of said spikes, even if Clone Trooper armor stopped it, their bodies aren't going to be in the best shape. Their armor is not bad. Yes, it gets pierced often, but the stuff that pierces it tend to be able to go through multiple cms of steel easily. Funny enough, if you look at an after shot of where Raynor is standing with Kerrigan, you can see the exit hole from where his shoulder was shot by the rifle, so it did penetrate.

Yes, blasters do have some feats, some more outlandish then others, but taking high and low end, the C-14 is better then the bog standard DC-15 blaster.

I refuse to touch the Ghost Vs Jedi debate. Yes, some Ghost have shown amazing powers like Kerrigan and Nova, but most Ghost are not on their level. Saying all Ghost can do what they do is like saying all mook Jedi Knights are Yoda and Anakin level. I refuse to get into the 'Jedi would sense them, na huh, Ghost would mask their presence! Jedi can get shot so Ghost can snipe them! Na huh, Jedi have Pre-cog making it very difficult to achieve that!' <---- Not dealing with that argument.

I would say that the Terrains take the ground battle. Without looking at it or going in-depth, I would say Star Wars takes the air, while depending on calcs used, Space Battle will take a long time, but ultimately, I favor Star Wars in space.

So, Terrains win the 'battle', but Star Wars would win the war as they would still have their space assets while Terrains would not.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'll have to go with the Galactic Republic on this one, i do believe they have the fire power to win in space, and that will give them the grand win regadless if they lose on the ground.

If we did take a look at the ground forces i do believe the Mandalorians could take out quite a few of the ground forces from SC out, i do believe the jedi could also match the ghosts, i feel they are more in tune with their own powers rather than that of the ghosts simply because they live as one with it rather than just using their powers. Also it seems there more high tier jedi overall that could wipe the ghosts off the face of the galaxy as well, so i'd say that on avg the jedi are better fighters.

Although infantry the terrains mite have better chances against the SW counterparts, i do believe the terrains do win in the armor part of the battle both seige tanks and Thors would crush the clone armor with ease most likely, i doubt they'd need direct hits to even hurt the clone armor as well. Anyway the space battle is what is the deciding factor unless we are using TCW series which is total whack, but with that not really counting in this fight i do feel the republic forces win barely though.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 oceanmaster21  Online

Republic would win but not easy it be worth the watch this is really good

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@jwwprod: I'm not saying they're bad, I just think that if it was one on one, a SC Marine would win, and I think that's why SW needs the numbers. I think it's even, but a lot of people here seem to think the Marines will get rolled over.

1 on 1, a marine beating a mando?

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By reikai

Why bump threads knowing that SW loses badly in them?

greatgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By greatgan

just finish roque one, n kinda baffled why they decide to go on the retro style than remake the whole thing.. maybe that how majority of SW die hard fans want. a fantasy sci-fi for children..

because SW are most famous on the silver screen n starcraft are on game, that is i think the most "canon" material. every other material should be in line with it.. regardless what the company said. as they are often contradicting them self. a wooden stick can knock storm trooper unconscious, a rebel without high tech armor can win againts storm trooper.. how are they going to go againts Terran Marine? lets face it, every soldier around the world today are using automatic weapon not a semi-auto.. why? because fire-rate matter big time.. SW universe laser weapon are slow n looking how they did not go thru the enemy, its pretty weak too.. their engagement are always in less than couple hundred meter, that because the do not have advance targeting system like marine do.. Terran bullet would surely go thru several of Stroom trooper if they were lined up like hot knife thru butter.

average jedi are not stronger than average protoss zealot , they have very similar weapon. but not personal shield nor the speed. so at best, one jedi would only be able to take out few Terran marine. at worst, get slaughter from afar, because their hand are fast enough to block all those tungsten bullet. jedi can block semi-auto weapon, but not a 30 round per second weapon.. plus, Terran are use to deal with Zerg or Protoss that move just as fast.

SW had gigantic ship, way bigger than SC.. but their ship are very weak, just look at the movie.. its like trying to fight a modren frigate with ww2 battlecruiser.. big does not mean much if you are so much behind technologically.

the only wildcard are their superweapon like death star.. if they can fire that freakish weapon before Terran are aware of their existence, it would be end the fight before it start. but that wont be fair.. if death star are not pre-emptive, for many reason.. its over..

lets face it.. SC are militaristic Sci-fi, and SW are children fantasy.. its like asking harry porter to fight naruto..

Avatar image for batmanspreppack
batmanspreppack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao at sc wank here. BCs are afraid of nukes and SDs can tank 100gt+ blaster shots. I can't speak to ground warfare but in the sky terrans get murdered.

This is like ppl comparing mass effect to wh40k in terms of power levels

greatgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanspreppack: the novel of starcraft or starwars can say whatever.. but just look at the silver screen at both franchise. there are no hundred gigaton laser.. a simple clash between two slow moving SD, is enough force to take out their capital ship.. their supposedly hundred of laser canon. cannot hit a few dozen seemingly slow xwing.. and even when it hit, i blew up like a small javelin missile. hahaha..

the way i want to take it.. SW novel are propaganda book made by the faction to fool children in their (movie) universe.. :P they were saying things like they have ten of thousand SD to make people afraid of them. while in actuality less than a couple of SD to protect even their most important asset.. have you seen hundred of SD in a single battle in silver screen? i dont recall seeing it.. hahaha..

and even if they do have super massive army, they are not capable of gather even small portion of it in one battle.. and their so called high-tech armor n weaponry are very2 weak.. a blind man with a stick can beat dozen of stroomtrooper. ewok n other primitive creature with primitive weapon can do harm to their weaponry.. their AT-AT are slow n their supposedly impressive laser cannot, do not do much damage.. just look at the latest movie.