Galactic Empire vs Covenant (Ground Forces)

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Clark_EL

The Galactic Empire vs Covenant on the Ground

Battle takes place on Reach

Each side lands their forces on the planet without knowing each others presence, until 5 days after each side is full ready and equppied.

Battle starts 13 miles away

Imperial Forces:

100 Stormtroopers (15 of which are clones)

25 Scout troopers

15 Heavy Troopers

10 Dark Troopers (phase II)

5 AT-STs

3 TX-130 hover tanks

1 ATAT

Covenant Forces:

200 Grunts (190 with plasma pistols, 5 with needlers, 5 suicide)

50 Jackals (25 with beam rifles, 25 with energy shields and plasma pistols)

4 Hunters

10 Elites (1 Zealot, 3 Majors w/ plasma rifles, 6 Minors w/ plasma rifles)

8 Ghosts

2 Wraiths

1 Scarab

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who Wins?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wrong forum.

Imo Scarab one shots ATAC. XD

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhhh prolly covenant, but u needed some more bugs and give the grunts some rod fuel guns also add some brutes. Also tag people as well lol.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarab solo's

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Halo.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By jwwprod

Good fight though I'm probably going to lean towards the Covenant.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: can you tag people you think will post on this, I've bern off for awhile, and have forgotten the Star Wars/halo experts. :/

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo, I would say throw in a Dark Trooper to even it out

Avatar image for deactivated-5e556e1661ac3
deactivated-5e556e1661ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what sort of environment the fighting takes place in. Close quarters fighting favors the larger Covenant force, letting them get up close where their plasma weapons are most effective, where large packs of grunts can easily flank and surround storms troopers, where the Wraiths can use their short range motor ability the most effectively without having to expose themselves to direct enemy fire, and where the scarabs 'agility' can out perform the AT AT

If they engage in a more open environment, the Empire will probably mop up the majority of the Covenant forces before they're able to get within firing range. With the exception of the Beam rifle and the carbine, all other plasma weapons used by Covenant ground forces seem to have very limited range due to slow muzzle velocity and short burnrate of the plasma they use.

For the most part Reach has been shown to be made up of mountains and cities which means the Covenant is probably going to be winning this fight.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: hah, do you think 1 would make the difference?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bunp

Avatar image for mr_avacadomonkey
Mr_Avacadomonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Empire

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el: Curious what is your run down on this fight?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Clark_EL

@killerwasp: @killerwasp: I mean I don't know for sure, because I tried to make both sides even. I think the dark troopers for the imperials would be devistating, and the scout troopers would fair well against jackals. Stormtroopers and Gunts would almost wipe each other out. ATST will devastate any infantry or take out light vehicles like the ghosts. Wraiths would be able to take imperial infantry out at long range and most likely take out the tx-130's, and the scarab and ATAT duke it out. In the end I might give it to the empire because I think the ATAT at full power would be able to destroy the scarab or if not the darktroopers would have a chance to infiltrate it and destroy it from the inside. And once the scarabs gone the ATAT will mop up and other lighter vehicles the Covies have, and then the various storm, scout, dark, and heavy troopers will be able to mow down the majority of the covenant infantry while other imperial vehicles take out any high ranking elites. I don't know that's just my view, I think there are ways the covenant can win, it all depends of they are able to keep the scarab alive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el: No, thats a good view i aint here to debate it just curious is all XD

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: ha, what about you? I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el:

@remnet said:

Depends on what sort of environment the fighting takes place in. Close quarters fighting favors the larger Covenant force, letting them get up close where their plasma weapons are most effective, where large packs of grunts can easily flank and surround storms troopers, where the Wraiths can use their short range motor ability the most effectively without having to expose themselves to direct enemy fire, and where the scarabs 'agility' can out perform the AT AT

If they engage in a more open environment, the Empire will probably mop up the majority of the Covenant forces before they're able to get within firing range. With the exception of the Beam rifle and the carbine, all other plasma weapons used by Covenant ground forces seem to have very limited range due to slow muzzle velocity and short burnrate of the plasma they use.

For the most part Reach has been shown to be made up of mountains and cities which means the Covenant is probably going to be winning this fight.

Honestly Remnet imo said it just about the same I would say. There are a few issues that i might slightly disagree with, but overall he provided a good overall statement that I would of said, and I think for the vast majority as I said he was correct or spot on. XD

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Yeah I mean in close quarters it'd be way for a court or of cloaked elites to cause havoc among the Stormtrooper ranks

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: what d you think is a more valuable asset the ATAT or the scarab?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el: Scarab they slap buildings that are in the way, They've never technically been destroyed ( IIRC ) by anything on the ground not saying that's much, but still. Also they can scale mountains and other high ground stuff and carry troops. Scarabs also don't technically need a crew to guide it as the Hunters worms are the ones usually controlling it, and they also have minor AA defenses and other such things on there as well unlike the AT-AT ( IIRC ).

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: those are some valid points but a couple things...

1) by AA do you mean anti aircraft? If so I don't understand how that's relevant in this fight but even so the only AA of the Scarab was taking out a pelican. ATAT were taking out snow speeders left and right s they also have AA abilities.

2) although we see much more mobility from scarabs, ATAT are technically "all terrain armored transport" so theoretically we can assume that they can scale mountains and break through buildings as well, even though we don't see it in film.

3) I'd say ATAT's have the superior armor and it's debatable to say they even have the better firepower as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el: "1) by AA do you mean anti aircraft? If so I don't understand how that's relevant in this fight but even so the only AA of the Scarab was taking out a pelican. ATAT were taking out snow speeders left and right s they also have AA abilities."<-- Yes anti aircraft, but what I meant was that they have that ability, yes AA can take out aircraft, but its usually limited to honestly a forward kind of assault how Speeders got shot down was kinda silly lol. Not saying its a valid point in this fight, but I thought u meant overall, so my bad on that part.

"2) although we see much more mobility from scarabs, ATAT are technically "all terrain armored transport" so theoretically we can assume that they can scale mountains and break through buildings as well, even though we don't see it in film."<--Well all terrain could mean that any given environment whether hot, cold, swampy, terrible landscape and so on can be applied to the AT AT for sure, but like you said We've never really see them do anything and of course due to the short lifting of the legs this would seem impossible for them to complete such tasks like scaling a mountain and so on. Not saying it couldn't be done, but yeah.

"3) I'd say ATAT's have the superior armor and it's debatable to say they even have the better firepower as well."<-- Well, that is debatable and like said in another thread, we don't got enough feats to say who wins in that.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump