@ShootingNova: Oh.
OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

I would go with Gaea for scenario one and two. Mephisto outside his realm is pretty weak, Gaea on the other hand is an Elder God. As for round three, I am not sure. Elder Gods don't have much feats to go by. She could always get Atum the God Eater to eat him :D

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By whydama

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

I would go with Gaea for scenario one and two. Mephisto outside his realm is pretty weak, Gaea on the other hand is an Elder God. As for round three, I am not sure. Elder Gods don't have much feats to go by. She could always get Atum the God Eater to eat him :D

Yeah... I was going for summoning Atum too. But Elder gods are supposed to be around skyfather level, so I think Gaea still has an advantage

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Hyperlight

gaia ftw. hell lords dont have anything on elder gods.

2 and 3 go to gaia. i dont know about the first one though

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Hyperlight: Er.. shouldn't you say, one and two go to Gaea, third Idk? Mephisto in his realm is pretty powerful.. (Just saiyan)

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaea. 

She's practically Mephisto's Auntie.... Or grand auntie. 

The Elder Gods were the 1st Ethreal Beings in the multiverse aside from the Abstracts because the Abstracts are conceptual and gain strength by the masses of belief per every sentient being shares a concept of. However, ever since Set started the 1st evil act, Mephisto began to spawn from that Evil deed. That's why Mephisto was there when Demogorge was created.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What say you? :)

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XiiX

Gaea in all except maybe the last.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hyperlight

@PrinceAragorn1: i said that because gaia's power would be afected by the composition of the planet. because she rooted herself into earth she gained a symbiotic relationship with it. so the same woud hold for this random planet. but i doubt it could do much for her if it isnt full of life or the potenital for it.

gaia's power and influence holds more weight that mephisto's. do you think cnthlon would have a chance in his own realm against eternity? probably not... because everything that cnthlon is comes from eternity. thats just my opinion though

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Hyperlight: Ah, I see. But wouldn't being in mephisto's realm be worse for Gaia than being on a neutral Ground?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hyperlight

@PrinceAragorn1: yes it would.... she would be weaker but i dont think it would be bad enough for her to lose. maybe i can putit this way... would gaia lose to odin in asgard?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokergeist

@Hyperlight said:

@PrinceAragorn1: yes it would.... she would be weaker but i dont think it would be bad enough for her to lose. maybe i can putit this way... would gaia lose to odin in asgard?

Odin in Asgard is far weaker to Mephisto in Hell.

Mephisto is for all intents and purpose Omnipotent in Hell which is why Galactus was easily outmatched by Mephisto there.Plot device had to save Galactus lol.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@Hyperlight: Well, His realm increases mephisto's power dramatically. Idt Odin in Asgard is a Good comparison..

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Floopay

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

What say you? :)

Is this supposed to be Gaia or Gaea? Because there is a HUGE difference.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Electrick

The gaea who is thor's mom and mother of earth and elder god..

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Killemall

In his realm i still back mephisto.

Outside it Gaea.

And elder gods were not born before abstracts. The first things to be created out of big bang were the abstracts, not the Elder Gods.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Floopay

@Killemall said:

Outside it Gaea.

And elder gods were not born before abstracts. The first things to be created out of big bang were the abstracts, not the Elder Gods.

I thought Elder Gods were born of Earth, which would make them far past the Big Bang anyway.

Anyway, I would say Gaea in a pretty solid victory, and I do agree Mephisto in his realm could probably take this. Though I've read more than a few instances of him doing things just to mess with heroes or see if they are worthy of the power they hold, so it's hard to say when he's jobbing, when he's testing someone, when he's toying with someone, and when he's serious. Because of that I find him a very difficult character to put on a power scale.

However that also could help explain why some of his showing don't match his higher showings, and why his higher(est) showings should be the only ones to really consider for his power level.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Killemall

@Floopay: Apart from one what if, Mephisto hasnt actually jobbed in hell. The only instance i could think of what him being unable to fight Franklin Richard, but it was explained it was so because the child had a pure soul.

With that limitation aside he is beastly. Hell lords are meant to be supreme in their realm, and i honestly cant think of anything to suggest Gaea can over power him.

Outside his realm, apart from versatility, he really isnt much above guys like Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

Outside it Gaea.

Did I even say that?

I said the Elder Gods were the 1st Ethereal Sentient Beings to be born.

The Abstracts are different. They are conceptual beings, so they are born through an idea called a concept. A concept can not exist if there are no ideas.

@Floopay said:

@Killemall said:

Outside it Gaea.

I thought Elder Gods were born of Earth, which would make them far past the Big Bang anyway.

Anyway, I would say Gaea in a pretty solid victory, and I do agree Mephisto in his realm could probably take this. Though I've read more than a few instances of him doing things just to mess with heroes or see if they are worthy of the power they hold, so it's hard to say when he's jobbing, when he's testing someone, when he's toying with someone, and when he's serious. Because of that I find him a very difficult character to put on a power scale.

However that also could help explain why some of his showing don't match his higher showings, and why his higher(est) showings should be the only ones to really consider for his power level.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That depends which Universe you are taking about. If we're talking about Stan Time Period, Earth was the center of the Universe. When Sise-Neg was written, he was written during the Stan Time Era. When he created the Universe, he started on Earth. And since this was taking place in a compressed time, that meant that he and Dr. Strange (Strange was the Witness) were there at the birth of time itself. When the "Big Bang" occurred, that was the cosmic egg and with it was Galactus and the Phoenix Force.

But doesn't that make Galactus older than the Elder Gods?

Not quite! Because remember Galactus was just a man from Taa in the previous universe. He was mortal so he was born from parent long passed the beginning of his universe. In fact, Galan was born perhaps 30 years before the end of the Universe. But the Elder Gods already existed at the beginning of that Universe. When Sesi-Neg recreated everything, the Elder Gods were already instantly transferred or since they are Ethereal, not affected by the Big Bang. So the Elder Gods were already existing with Galactus and the Phoenix Force.

Characters such as Eternity, Death and the Living Tribunal are not real Sentient beings. They are Abstract.... Ideas.... Concepts.... The Beyonder explicitly explained this during Secret War II. Even the extradimensional beings consider Eternity a new born sphere of their reality. Eternity never existed before the extradimensional deities, because in the Omniverse, exist NO TIME. Eternity if the concept of time. That's why Beyonder was so fascinated that he wanted to visit Eternities Sphere.

Here's a question.

Which universe is Older? The Faltine or Eternity?

You can find this information on "Dark Wars" Dr. Strange 22 (Book of the Vishanti)

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Stronger

Mephisto ftw

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

Gaea stomps 1 and 2, 3 is more debatable.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

First 2 Gaia the last one Mephisto all the way

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay: He meant Gaea. Oshtur's sister. Thor's mother. Atum's Mother.

Anyway if its true she empowered Hercules to Multiversal power level then she should win even in Mephisto's realm.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pokergeist

@Killemall said:

@Floopay: Apart from one what if, Mephisto hasnt actually jobbed in hell. The only instance i could think of what him being unable to fight Franklin Richard, but it was explained it was so because the child had a pure soul.

With that limitation aside he is beastly. Hell lords are meant to be supreme in their realm, and i honestly cant think of anything to suggest Gaea can over power him.

Outside his realm, apart from versatility, he really isnt much above guys like Thanos.

Ahhh thats why. LOL.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hyperlight

@PrinceAragorn1: i agree there is huge power difference. but all im saying is as far as power levels go gaia is much more powerful than mephisto. and gaia in a whole other tier.@CadenceV2: i agree as well.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TAneT62

Gaea is the goddess of the earth, an elder god, and going by that she is pretty darn powerful. She may not have a lot of feats in her books but she does have an impressive one i've seen before. She is also desrcibed as being the mother of all godly pantheons on earth.

Here she is shooing and swatting the Hulk, Silver Surfer, Doctor Stranger and Namor like mosquitos.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ddecourt

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By New_World_Order

Gaea first 2 rounds, and last round Mephisto.