G1 Optimus Prime vs Gundam RX-78-2

iustitia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is the original Optimus Prime from Transformers G1 against the Gundam RX-78-2 piloted by Amuro Ray.

Optimus Prime has access to the abilities of his incarnations listed here (except for Alternity)- http://www.screwattack.com/news/death-analysis-g1-optimus-prime-0

Amuro Ray as an adult and experience from all official appearances, RX-78-2 has access to all weaponry regardless of the RX's carry capacity.

Scenario 1: On Earth

Scenario 2: In space

Scenario 3: Both fields open

CIS off, winner by death or BFR

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Which G1? RX1782 can stalemate the cartoon or Marvel G1 Optimus. IDW would tear the original Gundam a new one. Mixing feats from other convoys from the Japanese continuty makes it a big mismatch in Optimus Prime's favor.

iustitia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iustitia

The OP specifies the composite linked. Do you believe it's a mismatch in light of Gundam speed and reaction time? I'm also curious what about his IDW incarnation you believe is superior to his cartoon or Marvel portrayals since most of his feats I'm aware of come from the cartoon, like lifting an oil tanker or planetary reentry?

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

I've seen all of the original MSG. Amuro has super human speed but his RX178 still gets hit by regular humans in giant robots on a regular basis. In the cartoon, his main adversary is Megatron but he fights a whole mess of villians stronger than Megatron in the comics including Scorponok, Sixshot, Thunderwing, and Jhiaxus. As for Marvel, I believe Optimus was nerfed at around issue 80 when he lost the ability to transform. To my knowledge, he hasn't regained his Powermaster body.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should also add that Optimus has been in a war for millions of years while the original Gundam was only deeply involved in the One Year war. Prime faced all sorts of unbeatable foes (ie Unicron, Thunderwing, Underbase Starscream). Amuro has struggled with more experinced foes including Char in suits like the Zaku, someone Amuro could've beaten handily at the end of the series.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Optimus wina

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screwattack did a great video on this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VRQ6-sr0nFukiMDGFH-Uek9G-S1xtej-/view

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RandyButterNubs

G1 prime wins but not so easily, IDW comic Prime stomps.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

Rx78-2 doesn't have anything over Optimus except travel speed. Prime has phyiscals, experience, skill, tactics in another league compared to Amuro.

Loading Video...

In combat speed, Optimus can focus see time in slow motion while not being slow like everything else in 1:29

Loading Video...

He can consistently dodge a sword inches away from him at 00:35 here

Loading Video...

Now the counter argument I might hear is Optimus has to focus to achieve high combat speed, Amuro can operate in speed casually. First of all there's nothing to say Amuro can process in speed faster than Optimus or a shonen fantasy anime character at all. If those siding with Gundam believe Amuro's super soldiers abilities are leagues above someone smarter, more skilled, better physicals and experienced like Batman or Solid Snake then he would not have struggled with goons in his later years as an adult.

Loading Video...

Whereas even when Optimus is outnumbered and overpowered, he uses skill and tactics to win because that's actually what the best characters do.

No Caption Provided