#1 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in a arena. Namor is constantly wet as if he was in the sea, VS Classic Thor (no odinforce, no rune magic).

Who wins?

#2 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Thor for the win.

Even a fully wet Namor is not as strong as Thor.

Thor would also still have greater endurance, greater durability, superior fighting ability and not forgetting Mjolnir, which also raises the amount of damage Thor can do with his blows.

If Thors blows can hurt the Hulk then they will certainly cause damage to Namor.

#3 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Only reason I'm asking this is that there is another post like this on the marvel boards, and theres some there that think a fully wet Namor is going to whip classic Thor. I wanted to get peoples opinions here on the matter.

#4 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Fully wet ? that's sounds wrong,but i say thor

#5 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength:

A wet Namor can lift 85 tonnes.

Actually underwater, he could lift just over 100 tonnes.

Classic Thor was in the Class 100 range - able to routinely lift/press well over 100 tonnes.

Endurance:

Namor when wet had superhuman endurance, enabling him to fight at peak output for many hours, perhaps up to a day before fatigue overwhelms him. Underwater this increases dramatically to him being bale to fight for several days without tiring.

Classic Thor had virtually unlimited endurance, being able to fight for weeks if necessary without rest.

Durability:

Namor can withstand blows from beings as strong as himself with some damage. However his quoted levels of durability state that he is below the likes of the Hulk or Thor. So although he can withstand blows from the Thing, Thor's hammer Mjolnir hits for a whole lot more damage.

Fighting Skill:

As this is not underwater, Thor should have considerably more hand to hand combat experience.

Weapons:

Thor also has ranged attack options (thrown hammer) to lightning bolts (which Namore might have some level of immunity to).

Thor would win this.

#6 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Classic Thor for the win. Even a fully wet Namor is not as strong as Thor. Thor would also still have greater endurance, greater durability, superior fighting ability and not forgetting Mjolnir, which also raises the amount of damage Thor can do with his blows. If Thors blows can hurt the Hulk then they will certainly cause damage to Namor. "

I agree. The only advantage Namor has is flight (Thor doesn't have the control that he has) and thats's not enough.

#7 Posted by Grandrakon (408 posts) - - Show Bio

gus2 says:

"THE WINNER IS...........BEN 10"

my son is 5 years old and knows he no where near this level.

#8 Posted by warlock360 (28063 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor wins he can absorb electricity :P

#9 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Classic Thor for the win. Even a fully wet Namor is not as strong as Thor. Thor would also still have greater endurance, greater durability, superior fighting ability and not forgetting Mjolnir, which also raises the amount of damage Thor can do with his blows. If Thors blows can hurt the Hulk then they will certainly cause damage to Namor. "

Agreed.

#10 Posted by warlock360 (28063 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor ftw

#11 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is the Dude. I don't care who wins.

#12 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

#13 Posted by King Saturn (224462 posts) - - Show Bio

A Fully Wet Namor. LMAO

#14 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't fully wet Namor conduct electricity?

#15 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor OWNS Namor. Even though namor may be more maneuvarable in flight, he can only fly 40 mph. Thor totally outclasses Namor in every facet of the fight.

#16 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought he could move faster than just 40mph?

#17 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know...but, yeah, no way Namor can really hurt the Odinson here...

#18 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard Namor is resistant to electricity and can even emit it himself like and eletric eel.

#19 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny how the opinions vary so much between here and the marvel boards. It's simple amazing at times lol.

But yeah I agree totally. Namor even at his finest is not in the same league as Thor. (although I do think Namor is often under-rated)

#20 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus, I'm pretty sure a wet Namor would conduct electricity faster then a dry one...

#21 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but that's regular electricity...pretty sure God Lightning is, like, more intense. Call it a hunch.

#22 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Namor ftw "

why would anyone think namor could beat thor?

#23 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

T.J. Magnum says:

"Fully wet ? that's sounds wrong,but i say thor"

HA! I was thinking that.

Classic thor. I remember back in the old avengers comics thor was the only one Namor was really worried about. And thor beat him.

#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#25 Posted by Avox (4 posts) - - Show Bio

May be Resistant i dunno , but i bet he's not resistant to a smak in the face by Mjolnir

Thor imo 99/1