#1 Posted by johnny_messethie (15 posts) - - Show Bio

All right guys, I have come up with a new battle taking advantage of the new Anime vs Comics rule. These are two of my favorite characters in anime/comics.

The Battle takes place in the Fullmetal Alchemist world, at the Fuhrer's mansion.

Part One

Edward Elric is as he is depicted the majority of the time in the manga version

Iron Man bleeding edge armor

Part Two

Edward Elric in the anime version

Iron Man can choose any of the suits he has had up till now.

#2 Posted by BlackWind (6010 posts) - - Show Bio

Just Ed? Are you serious?

#3 Posted by johnny_messethie (15 posts) - - Show Bio

He DID have very impressive feats in the manga and anime. Just me, but he is pretty powerful.

#4 Posted by BlackWind (6010 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ed and everything, really. But Iron Man just has too much firepower. Any stone shields Ed makes would be pulverized by repulsor blasts.

#5 Posted by johnny_messethie (15 posts) - - Show Bio

How about we give Ed full knowledge on iron man, and how 'bout if we throw the philosopher's stone in there as well.

#6 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man is too much for Edward, Stark takes both rounds.

#7 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't ed just you know Touch Iron man use alchemy and kill him that way? I doubt Iron Mans Suit is Alchemy proof. The only problem would be ed getting that close to Iron man.

#8 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3948 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai: My thoughts exactly.

#9 Posted by BlackWind (6010 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai: He could probably transmute the armor, but why in the world would Tony let him get that close?

#10 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai @redbird3rdboywonder: You really think that Edward Elric is going to be able to touch Tony??? Tony would remain airborne or just use sonic frequencies to instantly KO Edward. By the time Edward clapped his hands to perform alchemy, his head would be on a ground. This is a spite match on so many levels. Not to mention his bleeding edge armor would prove too much for Edward Elric. I don't even think his alchemy would affect it, since the nanobots that compromise the armor can change shape at will. This battle will be flagged because it is a mismatch/stomp.

#11 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with a philosopher's stone, I don't see Ed winning.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#12 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@solesamurai @redbird3rdboywonder: You really think that Edward Elric is going to be able to touch Tony??? Tony would remain airborne or just use sonic frequencies to instantly KO Edward. By the time Edward clapped his hands to perform alchemy, his head would be on a ground. This is a spite match on so many levels. Not to mention his bleeding edge armor would prove too much for Edward Elric. I don't even think his alchemy would affect it, since the nanobots that compromise the armor can change shape at will. This battle will be flagged because it is a mismatch/stomp.

It seems you didn't read the last few words of my post. I said ed would be hard pressed to even get that close to Tony, therefor what I said what moot.

#13 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3948 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: It was a just a consideration

#14 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed gets a rocket to his face.

Rape.

#15 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed wins... if Tony decides to take a nap in the middle of the fight and turns off his armor's defense systems. Other than that, Ed gets smoked really bad.

#16 Edited by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Floopay said:

Even with a philosopher's stone, I don't see Ed winning.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

@Sethlol said:

Ed gets a rocket to his face.

Rape.

What these wonderful people have said.

And Edward won't be able to touch Tony just like 'OmgOmgWtfWtf' said. Iron Man will remain airbourne, and the Bleeding Edge armor is just way too much for Edward to handle. Any of Ironman's suits would be too much...Except maybe the very first one.

Vouile

#17 Posted by renobjc (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm. Edward can definitely beat ironman with the philosopher's stone. The power of the Stone is so vast. He can practically transmutate ANYTHING. He can recreate the ground, make an army of cannons and guns and bombs. But without the philosopher's stone, ironman will probably beat Ironman 8/10. Ironman is pretty cocky and it would only take Edward one hit to end Ironman but agreed, Ironman's firepower is vastly above Eds.

#18 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance said:

Iron man is too much for Edward, Stark takes both rounds.

#19 Posted by beautifulrevery (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a better match if you put Father or Hohenheim from Brotherhood in instead. They're infinitely more powerful than Ed but still human enough to be able to be pit against Iron Man in a fair battle

#20 Posted by Hyperlight (5688 posts) - - Show Bio

ed doesn have the firepower or durability to beat tony

#21 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

This would be a better match if you put Father or Hohenheim from Brotherhood in instead. They're infinitely more powerful than Ed but still human enough to be able to be pit against Iron Man in a fair battle

I think Father will be a better match to Batman, there is even a thread titles :" Wrath vs Batman" go check it out.

@renobjc said:

Uhm. Edward can definitely beat ironman with the philosopher's stone. The power of the Stone is so vast. He can practically transmutate ANYTHING. He can recreate the ground, make an army of cannons and guns and bombs. But without the philosopher's stone, ironman will probably beat Ironman 8/10. Ironman is pretty cocky and it would only take Edward one hit to end Ironman but agreed, Ironman's firepower is vastly above Eds.

Iron Man can just BFR HIM TO THE SPACE!!!

#22 Posted by renobjc (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan: But that would require Ironman getting close to Edward. Ed is a strong close combat fighter, especially if BFRing Ed would require Ironman to get close enough for Ed to transmutate Tony's suit into sodium and blow him up. Or even better. Transmutate sharp blades into the suit and effectively, turn Tony Stark's Ironman suit into an Iron Maiden.

#23 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@renobjc said:

@GodDamnIronMan: But that would require Ironman getting close to Edward. Ed is a strong close combat fighter, especially if BFRing Ed would require Ironman to get close enough for Ed to transmutate Tony's suit into sodium and blow him up. Or even better. Transmutate sharp blades into the suit and effectively, turn Tony Stark's Ironman suit into an Iron Maiden.

Iron Maiden? Amused me...LOL Good one (Y)

well, OP didn't said about Prep....I just assume both of them has prep...But Tony is one of the Marvel Prep-king, with preo, he can sure build something that can resist the Transmute effect.

In Part 1 : he is limited only to wear BA armor, so I think Ed would win this easily...even Tony has prep, i don't think his BA armor can resist the effect

In Part 2: He can whatever armor he wants...and he can definitely invent or Silence the Transmute effect.

Even without prep, in part 2, Tony can wear as Stealth Armor, invisibility gives him the chance to sneak to Ed's back, then Snap his neck...done.