#3  Edited By tony__stark

Yes edward. Alphonse will be sitting on the sideline eating popcorn or whatever

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I think I'll go with gambit here. He could easily just turn two of Edward's limbs into explosives and then Ed would no longer be able to transmute anything.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I think I'll go with gambit here. He could easily just turn two of Edward's limbs into explosives and then Ed would no longer be able to transmute anything.

Gambit can't charge organic materials as far as I'm aware, whereas Ed can simply catch the cards and transmute them to something, or simply create a wall to tank the explosions.

Edward is also more intelligent and skilled as far as I'm aware.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By those_eyes

Edward stomps!

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

Gambit can't charge organic materials as far as I'm aware, whereas Ed can simply catch the cards and transmute them to something, or simply create a wall to tank the explosions.

Im talking about Ed's automail, his right arm and left leg arent organic materials.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ed.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9 JediXMan  Moderator

Going for Gambit. He has more range.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Actually, i may change my answer to Edward 9/10. The only possible scenario i see Edward losing is if Gambit manages to charge up his automail and make it explode.

@jedixman said:

i wouldn't be so sure about that, unless Gambit is indeed far away... I don't see him having more range than Edward, IIRC i've seen him growing hands and walls from the distance trying to capture that girl with the automail legs.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

i wouldn't be so sure about that, unless Gambit is indeed far away... I don't see him having more range than Edward, IIRC i've seen him growing hands and walls from the distance trying to capture that girl with the automail legs.

Which she easily dodged. Gambit has much better acrobatic feats than she does. The only way he got her was by making a cage, which Gambit would be able to get out of.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GhostRavage

@jedixman: That girl had meta human agility and dexterity, thanks to the automails.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Gambit's been charging organic material for a few years now.

Didn't know that. Still, Gambit wouldn't do that morals on.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:
@cascadeking09 said:

Im talking about Ed's automail, his right arm and left leg arent organic materials.

Well seeing as he has experience with attacks like that (Scar), it shouldn't be a problem. Gambit hasn't demonstrated speed on par with Scar as far as I've seen. Then again, I haven't seen much from Gambit.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: That girl had meta human agility and dexterity, thanks to the automails.

Aside from sheer jumping distance, I don't believe the agility outmatches Gambit.

Avatar image for romulusaugustus
RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was gonna say Ed, but this changed my mind. This is a really great point.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Yeah, i believe she does, she's like Prince of Persia on crack.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 god_spawn  Moderator

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Asmus in Gambit's last ongoing said Gambit couldn't charge organic matter, but despite multiple instances over the span of a few years and the supposed natural evolution of Gambit's power, had Gambit charging his opponent's clothes a few times throughout the series. I wouldn't count it out actually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was able to easily out-run Ed despite him using countless alchemy tricks, and even escaped Alphonse's trap. I'd put her on the level on Gambit, but not above since she only had two and a half episodes of feats (her initial encounter with the Elric Brothers and when she helped Alphonse against Fu when they met Ling).

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Asmus in Gambit's last ongoing said Gambit couldn't charge organic matter, but despite multiple instances over the span of a few years and the supposed natural evolution of Gambit's power, had Gambit charging his opponent's clothes a few times throughout the series. I wouldn't count it out actually.

And what do you think of Gambit's agility compared to Paninya?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that's what I was referring to, since I saw the scan of Cap regarding Gambit couldn't charge organic matter. Would you regard it as a retcon or just WIS?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 god_spawn  Moderator

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: That was more McNiven (vs Cap) and Asmus' (latest ongoing) fault. I think it is more WIS since it's nothing that's ever really been just outright said except in Legacy when Gambit said he can charge anyone or anything. But different writers over the span of a few years have then shown him doing so as well, such as when he charged Daken's arm off or when he was mutated into a giant lizard and used a smaller lizard as a bomb. So if they didn't read these stories, then it's something they might have known about. And Asmus kind of used the whole non organic charge thing to do some cool thief stuff with Gambit's powers, but that is something else for another day.

It's something that could have been overlooked. But whether he can or can't ( I feel the new X-Factor will kind of dictate if he can or can't), he has been growing more comfortable in charging people more directly when he doesn't want to use his cards. Shaw, a vampire, Daken, Cap, and a there were a few times he did it in his recent ongoing. And these charges have been from just flesh wounds to full on killing people. So he has the control to perform such a tactic without outright maiming someone.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 god_spawn  Moderator

@jedixman: What could Paninya do again? Because Gambit does have ridiculous agility and reflex feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: What could Paninya do again? Because Gambit does have ridiculous agility and reflex feats.

She was dodging Ed.

Aside from sheer jumping height, I don't think she's that impressive. Certainly not as agile or as quick as Gambit.

Loading Video...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 god_spawn  Moderator

@jedixman: Agreed. She has height in her jumps, but Gambit's done similar dodges but in rooms full of lasers or people shooting at him. And he's got good hops himself.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cascadeking09

@ghostravage said:

She was able to easily out-run Ed despite him using countless alchemy tricks, and even escaped Alphonse's trap. I'd put her on the level on Gambit, but not above since she only had two and a half episodes of feats (her initial encounter with the Elric Brothers and when she helped Alphonse against Fu when they met Ling).

I dont know you said you havent seen much of Gambit and admittedly so neither have I, but I doubt outmaneuvering Ed and Al, who arent exactly moving at superhuman speed anyway, puts her on par with Gambit's done in his 20+ years of comicbook appearances.

As for the thing with Scar if we're thinking of the same thing, Ed avoided damage by transmuting his automail into a different metal and Scar could no longer affect it. Gambit charges things with kinetic energy and can even control the size of the explosion. He doesnt even have to make it explode, from reading around he's done other things with his powers outside of explosions and still injured his opponents.

I dont see exactly what Ed would due to someone who's quite possibly his equal maybe even his superior in h2h combat, especially when he's limited to what he can transmute due to equivalent exchange. I've seen him transmute canon's, giant walls, ect but nothing that I dont think Gambit would be able to handle considering some of the powerhouses he's gone up against.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

I dont know you said you havent seen much of Gambit and admittedly so neither have I, but I doubt outmaneuvering Ed and Al, who arent exactly moving at superhuman speed anyway, puts her on par with Gambit's done in his 20+ years of comicbook appearances.

As for the thing with Scar if we're thinking of the same thing, Ed avoided damage by transmuting his automail into a different metal and Scar could no longer affect it. Gambit charges things with kinetic energy and can even control the size of the explosion. He doesnt even have to make it explode, from reading around he's done other things with his powers outside of explosions and still injured his opponents.

I dont see exactly what Ed would due to someone who's quite possibly his equal maybe even his superior in h2h combat, especially when he's limited to what he can transmute due to equivalent exchange. I've seen him transmute canon's, giant walls, ect but nothing that I dont think Gambit would be able to handle considering some of the powerhouses he's gone up against.

Ed and Al themselves may not be overly impressive, but their alchemy is something that requires great skill and agility in order to dodge, such as the stone arms that Ed created. Ed was also creating giant stone pillars in order to catch up with Paninya.

What I meant with Scar is that Ed isn't exactly new to the concept of "one touch equals your automail being destroyed". Once he sees Gambit super-charging something, he'll know not to be touched. I mean, if he managed to expertly deduce Greed's weakness using his scientific intellect, he could deduce something as simple as Gambit's power-set.

As for Gambit's hand-to-hand combat prowess, I'd say he's formidable but nothing special. I mean, he was defeated numerous times by Bullseye in his own solo series. Sure, Ed hasn't faced off against anyone of notable martial arts proficiency either, but their speed, due to the "anime effect", is considerably high. Without his powers, I doubt Remy would be able to hang with Slicer.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By homicidalmaniac

Gam

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I would go with Gambit on this one.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ed and Al themselves may not be overly impressive, but their alchemy is something that requires great skill and agility in order to dodge, such as the stone arms that Ed created. Ed was also creating giant stone pillars in order to catch up with Paninya.

I think that's nothing compared to the simulations of the danger room and as has been stated he dodges lasers and machine gun fire almost regularly. I'd say Gambit is more than agile enough to avoid being overwhelmed by those arms.

What I meant with Scar is that Ed isn't exactly new to the concept of "one touch equals your automail being destroyed". Once he sees Gambit super-charging something, he'll know not to be touched. I mean, if he managed to expertly deduce Greed's weakness using his scientific intellect, he could deduce something as simple as Gambit's power-set.

As for Gambit's hand-to-hand combat prowess, I'd say he's formidable but nothing special. I mean, he was defeated numerous times by Bullseye in his own solo series. Sure, Ed hasn't faced off against anyone of notable martial arts proficiency either, but their speed, due to the "anime effect", is considerably high. Without his powers, I doubt Remy would be able to hang with Slicer.

That's a fair point. Im not sure I'd completely rule it out though. If he ends up engaging Gambit in h2h it'd be near impossible to avoid. I've never really seen Ed do much with his h2h skills. I've seen him fight Greed, Ling, and those Zombies at the end of the series but that's about it. Gambit's fought and contended with a lot of noteable fighters, he's not always a winner but I'd hold off on placing him in the same class as ed until I knew more about him. And I dont remember anything special about the slicers, I dont see why Remy couldnt take them.

tony__stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoe much would it change the outcome if al were allowed to help but not allowed to use any alchemy?

tony__stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tony__stark

Yes gambit has the danger room where hes dodging lasers and machine guns however he can see these firing at him. Gam wont be seeing the earth coming up from under him though imo giving him much less time to react. Is there a limit to the size of something gambit can charge?

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit wins because comic character's feats are automatically weighted 80% more than manga characters.

tony__stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tony__stark

@alcoholbob: please explain how gambit beats ed. I cannot stand when people just post "____ wins" and gives no support to how or why said person wins. Like you may as well not post unless its a stupid battle like superman vs robin, thor vs punisher or something of that ridiculous nature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

I think that's nothing compared to the simulations of the danger room and as has been stated he dodges lasers and machine gun fire almost regularly. I'd say Gambit is more than agile enough to avoid being overwhelmed by those arms.

I firmly believe that all the tricks, traps, and abilities of the Elric Brothers are not only versatile, but would prove an equal challenge to Remy as the Danger Room.

That's a fair point. Im not sure I'd completely rule it out though. If he ends up engaging Gambit in h2h it'd be near impossible to avoid. I've never really seen Ed do much with his h2h skills. I've seen him fight Greed, Ling, and those Zombies at the end of the series but that's about it. Gambit's fought and contended with a lot of noteable fighters, he's not always a winner but I'd hold off on placing him in the same class as ed until I knew more about him. And I dont remember anything special about the slicers, I dont see why Remy couldnt take them.

That's tricky. While it is possible for Gambit to replicate the same scenario that happened with Edward's first, initial encounter with Scar, I see it happening more like his second encounter. Edward has the speed and skill needed to evade Gambit's obvious power, as he was able to hold off Scar by himself for an extended period of time when he was trying to lure out the Homunculi. Greed is an impressive combatant, with a potent healing factor and his Ultimate Shield, theoretically being as durable as diamonds. Ling was able to give King Bradley/Wrath, someone who effortlessly sliced up a tank and out-match Fu, trouble with and without Greed II. I also remember Bradley having his Ultimate Eye in his encounter with Ling pre-Greed II. It also helps that Ling was carrying an injured Lan Fan while he was fighting. The Mannequin Soldiers were also durable, felt no pain, and possessed a healing factor capable of shrugging off all damage short of Roy's flames. All of these guys also have the "anime effect", which greatly boosts their speed and agility. I don't see Gambit being able to compete with Scar in my opinion. Slicer being able to defeat Ed, and albeit it was when he was less experienced, is a feat in itself. The reason I see Ed winning because he is more versatile, intelligent, has skill able to at least hold off Gambit, and isn't exactly new to the "don't get touched or else your automail will be destroyed" concept. Also, while Gambit is able to charge organic materials, I doubt he'll use this method on a mere teenager.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NeonGameWave

Interesting match-up and when I think about it an X-Men/Full Metal Alchemist or even a X-Force/Full Metal Alchemist crossover would be pretty neat as well as epically triumphant! In terms of who wins this fight, I think Edward will prevail due to having the more impressive experience level and due to him having a variety in that experience level he has taken down as well as fought many powerful beings such as Father, The Homunculi and Chimera. Also Edward has in a sense taken on someone who is quite close to Gambit in terms of ability-set or just having a similar area effect, and that character is Roy Mustang (my favorite FMA character) who utilizes explosive mechanisms also Roy himself possesses vast range which Edward learnt within his training, encounters and studies when detailing in different types of combats.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Gambit for now.

tony__stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: how and why does gambit win?

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love gambit however I can only see him winning at best 35% of the time vs ed

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

I firmly believe that all the tricks, traps, and abilities of the Elric Brothers are not only versatile, but would prove an equal challenge to Remy as the Danger Room.

Really you'd go that far? I dont know, the danger room can simulate all sorts of end of the world type scenarios. It has lazers, canons, missles, giant robots. Pretty much any "danger" you can think of. Ed is limited to some extent to what he could use against him, and surely wouldnt be able to use the same high tech weaponry the danger room has against Gambit.

"That's tricky. While it is possible for Gambit to replicate the same scenario that happened with Edward's first, initial encounter with Scar, I see it happening more like his second encounter. Edward has the speed and skill needed to evade Gambit's obvious power, as he was able to hold off Scar by himself for an extended period of time when he was trying to lure out the Homunculi. Greed is an impressive combatant, with a potent healing factor and his Ultimate Shield, theoretically being as durable as diamonds. Ling was able to give King Bradley/Wrath, someone who effortlessly sliced up a tank and out-match Fu, trouble with and without Greed II. I also remember Bradley having his Ultimate Eye in his encounter with Ling pre-Greed II. It also helps that Ling was carrying an injured Lan Fan while he was fighting. The Mannequin Soldiers were also durable, felt no pain, and possessed a healing factor capable of shrugging off all damage short of Roy's flames. All of these guys also have the "anime effect", which greatly boosts their speed and agility. I don't see Gambit being able to compete with Scar in my opinion. Slicer being able to defeat Ed, and albeit it was when he was less experienced, is a feat in itself. The reason I see Ed winning because he is more versatile, intelligent, has skill able to at least hold off Gambit, and isn't exactly new to the "don't get touched or else your automail will be destroyed" concept. Also, while Gambit is able to charge organic materials, I doubt he'll use this method on a mere teenager."

You're using abc logic Gambit is not Scar, . Ed used his alchemy to screw with Greed's defenses before their fight was interrupted by Izumi. I dont recall him ever fighting Ling before or after the second Greed took over his body. Ling didnt fair well against Bradley, he ended up running away, he didnt engage at all and if Bradley actually took him seriously enough to fight him without destractions he would've removed his eye-patch from the start and wouldnt have just watched them leave. Bradley pretty much pwned anybody who got in his way including Fu so I dont know why you mentioned him. Scar is mostly just a brute who gets by with his alchemy, he doesnt seem extremely skilled in h2h. Gambit has dealt with guys like Juggernaut, Gladiator, Sabbertooth, Wolverine, Blade, etc. I dont think speed is a factor for either of them. Ed being a teenager doesnt really matter, Gambit has plenty of ways to use his abilities without completely obliterating Ed that he could just incapacitate him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really you'd go that far? I dont know, the danger room can simulate all sorts of end of the world type scenarios. It has lazers, canons, missles, giant robots. Pretty much any "danger" you can think of. Ed is limited to some extent to what he could use against him, and surely wouldnt be able to use the same high tech weaponry the danger room has against Gambit.

I guess it depends on the writer. The most recent inclusion of the Danger Room I've read is ASTONISHING X-MEN written by Joss Whedon, and it was able to replicate scenarios and various settings very well, but it wasn't impressive in testing agility and didn't show the capabilities you've mentioned. This isn't to say it hasn't been shown before, I just don't think it is anything that is to be put so far ahead of the Elric Brothers' alchemy. Also, high-tech weaponry isn't exactly overly impressive either. Most of it is mere fodder, just like bullets tend to job in comic books.

You're using abc logic Gambit is not Scar, . Ed used his alchemy to screw with Greed's defenses before their fight was interrupted by Izumi. I dont recall him ever fighting Ling before or after the second Greed took over his body. Ling didnt fair well against Bradley, he ended up running away, he didnt engage at all and if Bradley actually took him seriously enough to fight him without destractions he would've removed his eye-patch from the start and wouldnt have just watched them leave. Bradley pretty much pwned anybody who got in his way including Fu so I dont know why you mentioned him. Scar is mostly just a brute who gets by with his alchemy, he doesnt seem extremely skilled in h2h. Gambit has dealt with guys like Juggernaut, Gladiator, Sabbertooth, Wolverine, Blade, etc. I dont think speed is a factor for either of them. Ed being a teenager doesnt really matter, Gambit has plenty of ways to use his abilities without completely obliterating Ed that he could just incapacitate him.

I'm aware that Ed used his alchemy to bypass Greed's Ultimate Shield, but that's what I'm saying. Edward has the intellect to overcome great odds simply by observing his opponent. Mind you, the components and/or properties of how Greed's Ultimate Shield functions is vastly more complicated than "whatever that guy touches it becomes an explosive" in my opinion. To make it short, I don't think Gambit's ability should be too much of a problem since it is too blatant to be missed, and chances are Gambit would charge his playing cards to use as a projectile, leading to Ed's deduction of his powers and prompt response. He won't let Gambit touch him. Heck, he might even think that Gambit is a new Homunculi, or using destructive alchemy that Scar did. Also, I was mistaken about Ed fighting pre-Greed II Ling. Other than a brief semi-combative encounter, I must have mistaken it with Edward fighting Ling's bodyguard: Lan Fan. Still, it isn't a bad feat considering Lan Fan was able to stomp Gluttony. However, Ed did do pretty well against Greed II.

Greeling seems to get the upper hand on Ed at the end but it's obvious the latter was able to fight more. Ling was carrying an injured Lan Fan and was evading both Bradley and Gluttony IIRC, and was able to parry some of Wrath's attacks, and ultimately out-smarted his opponents in order to escape. I do remember stating that Bradley wasn't going 100% and was most likely holding back/toying with Ling, but if I didn't I agree with you in that regard. It is nonetheless impressive considering that even Scar at his best was challenged by a severely injured Wrath without his Ultimate Eye. Fu was also capable of parrying tons of Bradley's blows, and able to hold him back, even when Greed II was not present. Scar isn't a brute IMO. He is skilled enough to defeat both an inexperienced Elric Brothers, but also has the destructive capabilities that are extremely similar to Gambit's own. He's also got incredible speed that was commonly displayed in the Brotherhood anime and original manga to allow him to speed-blitz and kill more than ten State Alchemists. Juggernaut, Gladiator, and Sabretooth all job extremely often, and even so less impressive characters have been able to give the three trouble. It's not like Ed wouldn't be able to evade and/or hold back all the characters you've mentioned, including Wolverine and Blade. I'm aware that Gambit doesn't have to outright kill Ed in order to defeat him, but it's still limiting his abilities to an extent at the very least. Ed however, other than being a pacifist, has the luxury of going all out.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it depends on the writer. The most recent inclusion of the Danger Room I've read is ASTONISHING X-MEN written by Joss Whedon, and it was able to replicate scenarios and various settings very well, but it wasn't impressive in testing agility and didn't show the capabilities you've mentioned. This isn't to say it hasn't been shown before, I just don't think it is anything that is to be put so far ahead of the Elric Brothers' alchemy. Also, high-tech weaponry isn't exactly overly impressive either. Most of it is mere fodder, just like bullets tend to job in comic books.

I never much cared for Joss Whedon, and havent read his run with X-men thus far. But most comicbook street levelers tend to react to bullets, lasers, lightning etc. I still dont know what exactly Ed could pull of that Gambit wouldnt be able to handle or has never seen before just considering the limitations of equivalent exchange, how ever small those limitations may be.

Greeling seems to get the upper hand on Ed at the end but it's obvious the latter was able to fight more. Ling was carrying an injured Lan Fan and was evading both Bradley and Gluttony IIRC, and was able to parry some of Wrath's attacks, and ultimately out-smarted his opponents in order to escape. I do remember stating that Bradley wasn't going 100% and was most likely holding back/toying with Ling, but if I didn't I agree with you in that regard. It is nonetheless impressive considering that even Scar at his best was challenged by a severely injured Wrath without his Ultimate Eye. Fu was also capable of parrying tons of Bradley's blows, and able to hold him back, even when Greed II was not present. Scar isn't a brute IMO. He is skilled enough to defeat both an inexperienced Elric Brothers, but also has the destructive capabilities that are extremely similar to Gambit's own. He's also got incredible speed that was commonly displayed in theBrotherhood anime and original manga to allow him to speed-blitz and kill more than ten State Alchemists. Juggernaut, Gladiator, and Sabretooth all job extremely often, and even so less impressive characters have been able to give the three trouble. It's not like Ed wouldn't be able to evade and/or hold back all the characters you've mentioned, including Wolverine and Blade. I'm aware that Gambit doesn't have to outright kill Ed in order to defeat him, but it's still limiting his abilities to an extent at the very least. Ed however, other than being a pacifist, has the luxury of going all out.

Ah, Okay now I remember. In the case against Bradley, it's like we both said Bradley wasnt going all at in the first place. Ling avoided his attack by staying in his blind spot. Bradley even said he'd have had a much better chance had he dropped the dead weight, but he didnt even bother with them once the smoke screens were thrown and they ran away. Scar really doesnt show off a whole lot of fighting skill imo, most of the stuff he pulls off is with his alchemy, he was pretty dumb founded when he couldnt use his alchemy on Ed and got lucky he didnt die against Bradley.

Less impressive characters like who have given the three trouble? I never said what happened in Gambit's multiple encounters with those characters, but I doubt they jobbed every time they faced off against him and vice versa. Pretty much all comic characters job or have low showings, Wolverine got put down by being hit in the balls with a baseball bat, but that's not to take away anything from him when he faces off against someone like Gambit and vice versa. *Shrugs* I concede to your points though, like I said i havent really read a whole lot about Gambit, so Im probably not the best person to be defending him in this case.