Full Power SS1 Goku vs. Perfect Cell

NuclearRebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

During the Cell games, instead of taking a back-seat to Gohan, Goku decides that he must be the one to take down Cell. Right before the match begins he convinces Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks and Piccolo to channel their energy into him. Goku is unconcerned with fairness and wants to destroy Cell outright.

For Round 2 Cell decides that turnabout is fair play and summons the Cell Jr.'s to battle this empowered Goku alongside him.

Round 3 is the same as round 2 except Goku gets a senzu bean.

Round 4 is the same as round 1 except Goku is facing Super Perfect Cell.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Cell wins every round. He didn't even use his full-power during his fight with Goku. That's why he was so confident about Goku eating one.

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a canon time when Goku has recieved a substantial increase in power from people? The Senzu Bean helps a lot but these are skewed in Cell's favor too greatly.

NuclearRebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cell still wins

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nuclearrebirth: point of this thread, re-imagine an obvious situation to ponder the obvious outcome......mission accomplished

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cell.

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhhh, it depends, if the power transfer gives 75-100% of the others powers to Goku he stomps cell. If the power lasts that is.SSJ2 made Gohan double his power(from SSJ1) and he completely owned Perfect cell, well SSJ1 Goku is stronger then SSJ1 Gohan, just Gohans extra power would make Goku over SSJ2 Gohan, the rest just make it a stomp.

Again, it depends on how the power transfer works. Goku wins all rounds with ease if it's a straight transfer no loss.

NuclearRebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

No Caption Provided

Mostly I wanted to resolve the question of whether LSS Broly = SS2 level without venturing into the circus that SS2 Goku vs Broly is.

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how Goku would lose round 1. He has the energy of SSJ1 Gohan (who was stronger than him at the time), ASSJ Vegeta, USSJ Trunks, Super Namek Piccolo, and the rest of the Z fighters.

Goku could definitely pull a win against Perfect Cell, especially considering Cell won't be expecting an instant transmission Kamehameha, and one from a Goku this powerful would kill Cell outright.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphapunk: ssj Gohan > ssj goku

Anyways I don't know

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku beat Perfect Cell without help (I count him making Cell throwup Android 18 as a victory. Cell came back as Super Perfect Cell) so I see no reason whatsoever that Goku with a massive powerboost would not be able to beat Perfect Cell.

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gohan was stronger i guess but Goku did better in his fight as a SSJ1, i think Cell tried harder against Gohan though. All i remember is Goku actually fighting Cell almost evenly while Gohan got beat up and cried, like usual. I know Goku and Cell commented on Gohan being stronger, i just really hate what Gohan became, i must be biased lol.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cell wasnt going all out on goku

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cell

dsgenius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphapunk: Yeah, sounds like you're just bitter. lol Gohan has always been a quiet storm kind of character. He doesn't want to fight or kill and he's polite and gentle but keep pushing him and he'll end you. lol

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By APEX_pretador

goku first round, cell all other rounds in a perfectstomp.

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how any of the Cells can win, SSJ2 only doubles a SSJ1 strength. Just Goku with SSJ1 Gohans energy would be close to SSJ2 Gohans strength but with Gokus fighting ability, just that form smashes all the way up to round 4, it might even beat SPC but if not adding Vegeta, Trunks and Piccolo certainly makes it a pretty bad beating in favor of Goku.

One could argue that when these people combined they beat a galaxy buster, of course that was a movie and the movies + series don't really play well together.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it's been shown on few occasions that channeling your energy into another person and empowering them with it is possible (Piccolo taking Gohan and Krillin's energy to kick Freeza, the failed Super Saiyan God ritual) it's also shown that the foreign energy will dissipate out of the host within a couple seconds, making the tactic inefficient for anything other than one all-or-nothing attack. Broly is not canon but this does explain why it worked on him, since Goku used his one punch to blow open the stab wound. Cell however does not have a specific weak point like Broly, meaning Goku is just going to deal decent damage to Cell for a couple seconds, and then it's over and he's back to normal.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphapunk: it doesn't matter how close he is to ssj2 if you're stronger than someone in dbz you're stronger than them and they can't beat you simple as that . You saw it during frieza saga , androids etc

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He beats Goku every round, Goku would need to be SSJ2 to beat Cell, and then he'd do it casually.

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It comes down to how long the power up lasts, like @nickzambuto stated, i don't know how long it would last. If Goku could keep the energy even 5 minutes he should easily beat even SPC. SSj2=100x power increase compared to SSJ1 50x, Goku with Gohans energy would be almost at SSJ2 Gohans level, that would make him smash up until round 4 where i guess 5 minutes wouldn't be enough. Still though if you add Vegeta, Trunks and Piccolos strength the powered up Goku should be able to outclass even SPC.

Gohan SSJ1 = 10 SSJ2 = 20 SPC=20ish

Goku SSJ1 = 8.5 Vegeta SSj1 = 7 Trunks SSJ1= 6.4 Kamiccolo= 5.5? These are just guesses based off over a decade old memories but i think it's fairly accurate. 8.5+10+7+6.4+5.5= 38.4. Even if my numbers are off they can't be off that much, Goku wins every round.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dsgenius said:

@alphapunk: Yeah, sounds like you're just bitter. lol Gohan has always been a quiet storm kind of character. He doesn't want to fight or kill and he's polite and gentle but keep pushing him and he'll end you. lol

This is why Gohan is more suited to be a hero than Goku

Alphapunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dsgenius said:

I guess it's a matter of taste, Gohan is given a Universal level gift and squanders it in my opinion. He gets a bunch of freebie power ups and doesn't keep up like he should, he has the potential to always be on the front lines protecting Earth/Universe but now has been reduced to fodder level. I like the character i just wish Akira moved him in a different direction, i guess some super beings just want a normal life eh?

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder said:
@dsgenius said:

I guess it's a matter of taste, Gohan is given a Universal level gift and squanders it in my opinion. He gets a bunch of freebie power ups and doesn't keep up like he should, he has the potential to always be on the front lines protecting Earth/Universe but now has been reduced to fodder level. I like the character i just wish Akira moved him in a different direction, i guess some super beings just want a normal life eh?

The reason he became like that is because he felt like Gohan wasn't suited to be the hero. I'm not honestly quite sure what old man Toriyama's definition of the word hero actually is. The only person that's equally suited to be a hero would be Future Trunks

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nickzambuto: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Goku state that he intentionally lost to Cell; because he wanted to push Gohan into defeating him? It's been awhile but I think that's how it happened.

Also, logistics would state that Cell was more powerful when he fought Gohan than when he fought Goku right as the match started. It was stated already that when he recooperated he became more powerful, just like any Saiyan. And right after Goku's battle with Cell, he gave Cell a senzu bean. Which should, logically, make Cell more powerful. Just like when Goku was training with Senzu beans during Frieza Saga.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@nickzambuto: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Goku state that he intentionally lost to Cell; because he wanted to push Gohan into defeating him? It's been awhile but I think that's how it happened.

Also, logistics would state that Cell was more powerful when he fought Gohan than when he fought Goku right as the match started. It was stated already that when he recooperated he became more powerful, just like any Saiyan. And right after Goku's battle with Cell, he gave Cell a senzu bean. Which should, logically, make Cell more powerful. Just like when Goku was training with Senzu beans during Frieza Saga.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

In reality Cell was suppressing the lion's share of his power in order to have a good battle with Goku. Goku knew it, Cell knew it, Korin knew it, but it wasn't revealed to the audience until afterwards (hence why Goku's "I give up!" was such a shock, it looked like he was winning when he said that)

A lot of people seem to have some misconceptions about how Saiyan biology works. It's said that every time a Saiyan recovers from near death, they come back stronger than before. The key word is near death. Goku doesn't get stronger every time he's tired, and the reason Zenkai boosts aren't abused is because the concept of being brought to the brink of death, surviving, and then recovering is a lot easier said than done. Cell himself stated he was just lucky that his self destruct didn't completely destroy him, so while he was indeed MUCH stronger after the self destruct and during the Kamehameha struggle (this is referred to as Super Perfect Cell) he was not any stronger after fighting Goku by eating a Senzu Bean.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

cELL.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nickzambuto: Ah, it's been awhile since I've seen/read Dragonball/Z. Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dsgenius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dsgenius2

@redbird3rdboywonder: I agree to an extent. Gohan was born to be a hero, yet he doesn't really want to. Personally, I find that kind of interesting, especially from a Shonen character. He's a pacifist born from a space Spartan. lol It's a unique blend of superhuman power but with simple human ambitions. I think the series could've ended at the Cell saga, bringing Gohan's story full circle since he started as a scared child and grew to be the savior of the world, taking on the mantle of his father. I could understand how he stopped training though because after years of peace combined with his lack of desire for battle. Though if I were him, I would've got back into it after the Buu saga. lol