Frieza vs Astronomical Gauntlet

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Frieza runs wildly in the solar system, and decides to destroy every planet in his way. at what planet will he stop and admit he can't destroy it?

No Caption Provided
  1. Mercury
  2. Mars
  3. Earth
  4. Uranus
  5. Saturn
  6. Jupiter
  7. Sun
  8. All Solar System
No Caption Provided

let's consider 3 scenarios :

• Freiza hits only once.
  • Frieza hits 10 times
  • Frieza hits 100 times
  • Frieza can hit as much as he wants
Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is my opinion :

1st scenario : stops at 7

2nd scenario : stops at 7

3rd scenario : probably stops at 7

4th scenario : clears.

now how did i deduce this result? well, explanation below :

based on the gravitational binding energy lower limit, to destroy Jupiter we need energy of 1.888E+36 Joul. Frieza destroyed planet Vegeta which had 10 times earth gravity, if Vegeta had the same earth size, then the energy required to destroy it is 2.240E+34 Joul. But let's also note that Vegeta from physics perspective,can't have earth size or less than earth size, because that means it has density largely higher than uranium, which is impossible, the minimum acceptable for Vegeta's diameter in physics, is about 7 times earth diameter, and that changes the amount of energy to destroy Vegeta, making it about 7.879E+36 Joul, that means Frieza at 1st Form had power output of 7.879E+36 Joul, finally that means Freiza can destroy not only Jupiter, but more than 4 Jupiters,

i don't wanna use PL, but if we use it here, at 4th Form (228 more powerful) he can destroy 943 Jupiters. but still, Frieza with all his power can't destroy the sun which requires 128 times more energy.

you can escape the pain of physics calculations by this site :

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Beam/Calculator.html

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm willing to bet he clears. Most of our gas giant are relatively unstable compared to the more solid planets IIRC, but I'm not an astronomer, so some correct me if necessary?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Frieza, in his first form, can destroy planets easily enough.

Fourth form received a 100x boost on screen.

So fourth form should be able to destroy planets at the size of earth without a problem, I'd say full physical planets at the size of uranus, about 64 times bigger than earth, like he did to vegeta.

Planets around the size of jupiter, however, are around 1317 times bigger than earth. So for one-shotting it, frieza will definitely need to go full-output.

Jupiter itself? It's a gas giant, I'm not sure about this, but it should be easier to blow up than completely rocky planets.

Going by that, I'd put frieza's maximum one shotting power to round 6.

So he should destroy a jupiter sized planet in 1-100 hits.

Now, even assuming he can fire hundred of them we reach the sun. There is no possible way for frieza to get around this.

Sun is at a temperature ranging from 5000 k to fifteen million k at core. This leads to exceptionally huge amount of energy released continuously, due to the reactions going around. It's mass is over 1000 times than jupiter, and volume is around 1000 times as well. There's no way frieza would be able to destroy something that size, with that much energy, howmuchever he hits.

Solar system is impossible for him.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he does most pretty easily (he could destroy namek with one blast), but i agree that he stops at 7 for everything except for hitting as many times as he wants

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

I'm willing to bet he clears. Most of our gas giant are relatively unstable compared to the more solid planets IIRC, but I'm not an astronomer, so some correct me if necessary?

He doesn't get past the sun, imo.. far too much size, and even more so, the energy..

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The faster planets speedblitz.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can Freeza destroy gas giants? Ki blasts are concussive and explosive force, so what effect would something like that have on hydrogen and helium?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

How can Freeza destroy gas giants? Ki blasts are concussive and explosive force, so what effect would something like that have on hydrogen and helium?

That's why I said 'rocky planets' in my post.

But think about it if a huge explosion takes place somewhere on a gas giant, a the shockwave would do much more damage to the gases that to a rock. I'd say gas giants should be easier to destroy because of less binding energy?

Anyway, they can vary the size of the explosion, right? So he could just make it cover a larger portion but less intense..

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Oh, crap. I thought it was just planets. Yeah, no. He can't break the sun.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dratini1331

@nickzambuto: Gas Giants still have solid cores and are projected to have surfaces. THey aren't gas all the way through. They may actaully be easier to destroy than some of the rockier ones in some cases.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: @princearagorn1: If that's the case, then IMO he clears all planets easily. The sun and entire solar system are out of his league though; most people don't realize how truly MASSIVE each is.

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ifoughtgalactus

If you use real life physics to explain A DBZ character's power, you're doing it wrong.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: true that :P the Sun is something around 90% of our Solar system's collective mass, no way he can take that down.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: @princearagorn1: If that's the case, then IMO he clears all planets easily. The sun and entire solar system are out of his league though; most people don't realize how truly MASSIVE each is.

Exactly. People hear things like 'omg I destroying solar system' and 'force of exploding galaxies', 'lightspeed!' 'absolute zero!', 'black hole!' 'auto-femto-pico second!' so easily, they have literally no idea how seriously incredible these things are. Curse the authors for not reading up even a little..

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Destroys everything but sun.

Current freeza clears in first form.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Frieza clears while taking a cosmic dump at the same time.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/wank

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pandalumina

@avatar_of_green: So you're saying current Frieza can't even destroy one solar system?

O.k.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Avatar_of_Green
TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First form namek saga clears easily. Planet vegeta was ten times the size of Earth and he destroyed it effortlessly.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: *Facepalm*

I don't have the time today....really lol.

This thread is pointless.

You can put Freeza at small planet level for all I care.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@theman44: Jupiter is 1300 times larger in volume than Earth. The Sun is 1000 times larger in volume than Jupiter.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@theman44: You compared "destroying" (not like he vaporized it) a planet of unknown density that is only 10x larger than Earth, with easily destroying the Sun.... In his first form. And it even took a long time.

The sun is over 1,300,000x the volume of Earth... how do you compare destroying Namek to that?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green:

1) sorry I thought it stopped at Jupiter didn't see Sun or Solar system

2) I said planet vegeta.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: My bad on the Vegeta vs. Namek. 10x larger is still not much.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: not only that but multiple times denser than the Earth. Jupiter is less dense than the Earth

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: My bad on the Vegeta vs. Namek. 10x larger is still not much.

At a minimum, planet vegeta destruction needs 100x the energy required to destroy earth. In his first form, he did it CASUALLY. In his final form 100%, he is unbelievably stronger.

He is, not using any PL units , atleast 40x as strong as his "initial" final form , which is far above his first form. So, he can casually flick away 4000x earth destructing blast with his index finger sitting in his car.

Not saying that he comes close to sun destroying (namek arc)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@apex_pretador: highly debateable on that calc. I doubt Vegeta would be that much harder to destroy. Depends on methodology, material density, planet makeup (how much core vs mantle), etc., I would assume the writers thought that it was about the same as destroying Namek or Earth unless specifically stated to be harder.

Either way far from solar system, as you said.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: highly debateable on that calc. I doubt Vegeta would be that much harder to destroy. Depends on methodology, material density, planet makeup (how much core vs mantle), etc., I would assume the writers thought that it was about the same as destroying Namek or Earth unless specifically stated to be harder.

Energy reqd to destroy a planet :

G x M^2

_______

R

Since earth is specifically noted to be "small planet" for freeza , vegeta is >= earth in size.

Gravity = G x M / R^2

10x gravity = 10x mass if the size is same.

So, even if they both are just the same size, you need 100x the energy for vegeta.

Also, author specifically mentioned that earth was too easy to destroy.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namek saga Frieza stops at 7.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@apex_pretador: So is it the square of the radius or the square of the mass? They would imply very different things.

How do you know how dense the material is? Or how much is made of mantle vs. Core vs. Crust?

It could have been the size of Earth but much more dense AFAIK.

Also some planets would be more or less stable depending on their age, temperature, makeup, Etc.,

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: So is it the square of the radius or the square of the mass? They would imply very different things.

How do you know how dense the material is? Or how much is made of mantle vs. Core vs. Crust?

Also some planets would be more or less stable depending on their age, temperature, makeup, Etc.,

Gravity is dependent on sq of R , while energy depends on sq of mass.

If it has the same size as earth & 10x mass, it also has 10x the density. IDK about age etc but freeza destroyed it in the sense that the planet was reduced to pieces, breaking the energy which binds them together. Eg- when you break anything , it will need energy, & since energy is proportional to sq of mass, a small increase in mass means large increase in energy.

So, that's why no one in DBZ was even close to solar system level pre SPC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@apex_pretador said:
@avatar_of_green said:

If it has the same size as earth & 10x mass, it also has 10x the density. IDK about age etc but freeza destroyed it in the sense that the planet was reduced to pieces, breaking the energy which binds them together. Eg- when you break anything , it will need energy, & since energy is proportional to sq of mass, a small increase in mass means large increase in energy.

True. They weren't, and that's why it was ridiculous to see Goku vs. STTGL threads all the time.

Anyways, where are you getting the 10x figure? I haven't watched the movie, admittedly, so I would like to know how we are determining that Vegeta is 10x denser or larger than Earth?

EQUATION

E = G x M^2 / R

As for your equation, I am sure that's a very simplified version of some equation, not sure where you got it. I don't know what it has to do with destructive forces. It seems like a good way to determine the potential energy of a massive object... maybe? Let's see.

Look at it... as R gets larger, the energy (E) required to destroy an equally massive planet becomes smaller. So, denser materials are harder to destroy and the larger the volume the less energy is required according to this equation. Material density and planetary makeup is very important then.

As I do some work on the equation, it seems that G and M are dependent upon each other. The ratio is undetermined by the equation though...

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador said:
@avatar_of_green said:

True. They weren't, and that's why it was ridiculous to see Goku vs. STTGL threads all the time.

Anyways, where are you getting the 10x figure? I haven't watched the movie, admittedly, so I would like to know how we are determining that Vegeta is 10x denser or larger than Earth?

EQUATION

As for your equation, I am sure that's a very simplified version of some equation, not sure where you got it. I don't know what it has to do with destructive forces. It seems like a good way to determine the potential energy of a massive object... maybe?

Look at it... as R gets larger, the energy required to destroy an equally massive planet becomes smaller. So denser materials are harder to destroy. Material density and planetary makeup is very important then. Also, strange that G is independent of M... I am confused as to how that's possible? Aren't gravity and mass directly related?

Something is missing here.

10x the gravity gives Vegeta 10x mass of earth at the same size. It is mentioned in manga.

G is gravity constant. g is gravity.

Also, R gets larger then M also increases, at even higher rate. So, it becomes harder, not easier to destroy anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@apex_pretador said:
@avatar_of_green said:
@apex_pretador said:
@avatar_of_green said:

EQUATION

As for your equation, I am sure that's a very simplified version of some equation, not sure where you got it. I don't know what it has to do with destructive forces. It seems like a good way to determine the potential energy of a massive object... maybe?

Look at it... as R gets larger, the energy required to destroy an equally massive planet becomes smaller. So denser materials are harder to destroy. Material density and planetary makeup is very important then. Also, strange that G is independent of M... I am confused as to how that's possible? Aren't gravity and mass directly related?

10x the gravity gives Vegeta 10x mass of earth at the same size. It is mentioned in manga.

Also, R gets larger then M also increases, at even higher rate. So, it becomes harder, not easier to destroy anything.

R is definitely independent, that's how you would determine the density of the material. Watch. For instance:

Let's say we are looking at a planet the same radius as Earth and the same gravity and mass. The equation on Earth would look like this;

E = 1 x 1^2 / 1

E = 1

On a planet with 10x the gravity (and therefore mass) but the same radius as Earth, it would look like this;

E = 10 x M^2 / 1

E = 10 x 100 / 1

E = 1000

So if your equation is true, then you are potentially correct on Vegeta being 1000x harder to destroy. Where did you get it?

Now, let's do a planet with 10x gravity and mass and 10x radius too.

E = 10 x 100 / 10

E = 100

So, as you can see, as the planet becomes less dense (the same mass over a larger area), it becomes easier to destroy according to your equation.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador said:
@avatar_of_green said:
@apex_pretador said:
@avatar_of_green said:

EQUATION

R is definitely independent, that's how you would determine the density of the material. Watch. For instance:

Let's say we are looking at a planet the same radius as Earth and the same gravity and mass. The equation on Earth would look like this;

E = 1 x 1^2 / 1

E = 1

On a planet with 10x the gravity (and therefore mass) but the same radius as Earth, it would look like this;

E = 10 x M^2 / 1

E = 10 x 100 / 1

E = 1000

So if your equation is true, then you are potentially correct on Vegeta being 1000x harder to destroy. Where did you get it?

Now, let's do a planet with 10x gravity and mass and 10x radius too.

E = 10 x 100 / 10

E = 100

So, as you can see, as the planet becomes less dense (the same mass over a larger area), it becomes easier to destroy according to your equation.

You are mistaing "G" for "g"

G = constant = 6.67 x 10^-11 = same for everything in the universe

g = gravity of a planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@apex_pretador: What you wrote is used for the acceleration of gravity on an object.

Each planet has its own level of gravity.

If your equation uses g then I was right. If it uses G i will reevaluate.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: What you wrote is the acceleration of gravity on an object.

Each planet has its own level of gravity.

If your equation uses g then I was right. If it uses G i will reevaluate.

Acceleration due to gravity is the gravity of a planet.

If you want to use g in formula:

E = g x M x R

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@all_mighty_beyonder said:

this is my opinion :

1st scenario : stops at 7

2nd scenario : stops at 7

3rd scenario : probably stops at 7

4th scenario : clears.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 7 the first three rounds. May clear in round 4. Though it will take time. A lot of time.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering a severely beatdown frieza effortlessly busted Earth, I would say he clears.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@apex_pretador: I don't think your original is an equation for how much energy to destroy a planet. "Destroy" as a term is arbitrary.

Your equation definitely solves for something different AFAIK. The answer to what you wrote, on Earth, basically should be 9.8 m/s. We use G to find g.

You are finding the gravitational field strength for Earth or something. I believe this is different than what we are talking about.

You need gravitational binding energy.

No Caption Provided

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly doubt the size of the planet matters too much. His deathball digs into the core of the planet and causes a devestating chain reaction. Planets the size of earth and vegeta is fodder for frieza, super big planets should fall to his namek destroying technique.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: I don't think your original is an equation for how much energy to destroy a planet. "Destroy" as a term is arbitrary.

Your equation definitely solves for something different AFAIK. The answer to what you wrote, on Earth, basically should be 9.8 m/s. We use G to find g.

You are finding the gravitational field strength for Earth or something. I believe this is different than what we are talking about.

You need gravitational binding energy.

No Caption Provided

Where do you get this 3/5 factor from?

Infact it is how much energy you need to "disintegrate" the planet into planets. I think the formula you are using is for splitting the planet in 2 halves. For full energy, remove the 3/5 factor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By APEX_pretador

@avatar_of_green said:

@apex_pretador:

A gravitational binding energy is the minimum energy that must be added to a system for the system to cease being in a gravitationally bound state. A gravitationally bound system has a lower (i.e., more negative) gravitational potential energy than the sum of its parts — this is what keeps the system aggregated in accordance with the minimum total potential energy principle.

For a spherical mass of uniform density, the gravitational binding energy U is given by the formula[1][2]

No Caption Provided

My bad. Multiply by 3/5 in every energy formula

E = 3/5 x g x M x R