• 71 results
#1 Posted by nickzambuto (14457 posts) - - Show Bio

After slaughtering the monkey and his pathetic friends on Namek, the Frost Prince sets his eyes on the little blue ball called Earth.

Coming into contact with a group calling themselves the "Justice League", Freeza wastes no time in dispatching them.

Happening onto the scene, Superman flies into a rage and a battle ensues.

Final Form Freeza

Pre-52 Superman

Freeza can blow up Earth if he wants, but that won't really stop the battle so give a better answer then that.

#2 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

Freeza messed with the wrong planet, today.

#3 Edited by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

LOL no, fanart is not an argument.

Superman isn't doing any damage to Frieza whatsoever.

Kicking back a planet busting attack

Surviving a spirit bomb with scratches

Survives a planet exploding chopped in half

Kicked through mountains and islands shrugs it off like nothing

#4 Posted by nickzambuto (14457 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@GunGunW said:

LOL no, fanart is not an argument.

Admittedly it is a pretty nice piece of fan art :P

#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

Now onto power.

Frieza has more then enough power to put down Superman. in his first form, without even powering up he blew up a planet with his index finger.

Can easily blow up a planet with little to no effort.

Slices Namek planet in half

Telekinesis to pick people up and blow them up.

#6 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: Well Post-Crisis Superman has had planets collide into him and has taken less damage than that. I think his laser vision is hotter than the sun or something so it's not a stretch to say he could hurt him. He had a sun explode in his face, it knocked him unconscious of course, but he had no scratches on him what so ever. That's more impressive than surviving a planet exploding and being left nearly to die. I know Frieza was beat up bad from his fight with Goku prior though

#7 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#8 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

@XImpossibruX: Well Post-Crisis Superman has had planets collide into him and has taken less damage than that. I think his laser vision is hotter than the sun or something so it's not a stretch to say he could hurt him. He had a sun explode in his face, it knocked him unconscious of course, but he had no scratches on him what so ever. That's more impressive than surviving a planet exploding and being left nearly to die. I know Frieza was beat up bad from his fight with Goku prior though

Technically Freiza took almost 0 damage from the planet exploding, he was cut in half prior to the explosion by Goku(he tried to use destructo disc on goku and it didn't work out how he hoped it would :P)And Goku gave him another blast about 20-30 seconds before the planet exploded. All that damage Freiza took was from his fight with Goku and nothing else really. So Him surviving the explosion of the planet is an even better endurance/durability feat since he was virtually defenceless when it happened and he STILL lived.

#9 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

Yes but those are two giant high-end feats. Frieza has been consistent with his durability, while Superman goes up and down

Manggog

General Eiling

Despero

Fernus

Beaten by Hawkman drawing energy from the Earths magnetic core (Not Magic)

#10 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai: Hey you're a familiar face I know you from AnimeVice!

Since I have a feeling you're going to be a lot friendlier to me, I'd like to ask for clarification, didn't Goku basically kill Cooler by blasting him into the sun? I know Cooler is stronger than Frieza but I haven't seen the movie in years.

#11 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance said:

Superman

Can you stop going onto these DC vs DBZ fights saying the DC's characters name and giving no reason.

Seriously people like you are the cancer of the site

#12 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

Since I have a feeling you're going to be a lot friendlier to me, I'd like to ask for clarification, didn't Goku basically kill Cooler by blasting him into the sun? I know Cooler is stronger than Frieza but I haven't seen the movie in years.

Cooler isn't canon, and who said that Supermans heat vision was hotter then the sun?

#13 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#14 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedLanternSuperman said:

@Ferdelance said:

Can you stop going onto these DC vs DBZ fights saying the DC's characters name and giving no reason.

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

Superman

This freaking applies to you to, every damn thread.

Just stop.

#15 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

That's basically what happened, Cooler had the upper hand then Goku went SSJ and blasted him into the sun lol.

#16 Posted by drago666 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@GunGunW said:

Yes but those are two giant high-end feats. Frieza has been consistent with his durability, while Superman goes up and down

Manggog

General Eiling

Despero

Fernus

Beaten by Hawkman drawing energy from the Earths magnetic core (Not Magic)

None of this proves anything. And superman wasn't even knocked out by hawkman.

#17 Posted by GunGunW (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedLanternSuperman: Like I said, I may have been wrong about the heat vision. Also, it doesn't matter if Cooler isn't canon, he's stronger than Frieza. Goku was stronger in the Cooler movie then he was on Namek. Cooler>Frieza. Broly isn't canon either yet everyone loves him.

#18 Posted by drago666 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

@RedLanternSuperman: Like I said, I may have been wrong about the heat vision. Also, it doesn't matter if Cooler isn't canon, he's stronger than Frieza. Goku was stronger in the Cooler movie then he was on Namek. Cooler>Frieza. Broly isn't canon either yet everyone loves him.

Your not. Supermans heat vision has been stated to be incalculable. Humans have calculated the temperature of the sun. Its just an issue of if he would do it.

#19 Posted by nickzambuto (14457 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

Superman

This freaking applies to you to, every damn thread.

Just stop.

lol

#20 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Frieza absolutely wrecks.

#21 Posted by Bossmonster (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark

#22 Edited by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@drago666 said:

@XImpossibruX said:

@GunGunW said:

None of this proves anything. And superman wasn't even knocked out by hawkman.

Yes it proves that Frieza can put down Superman with his immense power

And yes Hawkman knocked Superman out ... did you even look at the scans.

And don't give me that BS that they went to Lex with their clothing on, that was just in the animated movie.

In the actual comics Superboy, Nightwing, Blackbat, Huntress, Steel and Superwoman, had to go rescue them, BECAUSE they were knocked out, even though after they get back up and beat Captain Marvel and Hawkman.

#23 Posted by nickzambuto (14457 posts) - - Show Bio

Impossibru pwning up in here

#24 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedLanternSuperman:He is faster stronger and hell of a lot more durable than anything in DBZ, reason enough for you son?, do you even read comics??

#25 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: Good Job.

@nickzambuto: Right.

@Ferdelance: Wow that's a troll comment if I rver heard one... Do you even read Manga!!!

Your convincing Debate back at ya.

#26 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance said:

@RedLanternSuperman:He is faster stronger and hell of a lot more durable than anything in DBZ, reason enough for you son?, do you even read comics??

Krillin is faster stronger and hell of a lot more durable then anything in DC, reason enough for you son?, do you even read manga??

See how stupid you sound?

#27 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Occasionally, been a few months since I read manga though.

#28 Posted by drago666 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX:

And don't give me that BS that they went to Lex with their clothing on, that was just in the animated movie.

In the actual comics Superboy, Nightwing, Blackbat, Huntress, Steel and Superwoman, had to go rescue them, BECAUSE they were knocked out, even though after they get back up and beat Captain Marvel and Hawkman.

I was told on the next few scans after the one you posted Luthor than interrogates the team and its revealed he doesn't have superman and batman. They didn't free superman and he did ambush him disguised as captain marvel.

#29 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@Ferdelance said:

Krillin is faster stronger and hell of a lot more durable then anything in DC, reason enough for you son?, do you even read manga??

See how stupid you sound?

Don't feed the trolls please.

#30 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@drago666 said:

@XImpossibruX:

I was told on the next few scans after the one you posted Luthor than interrogates the team and its revealed he doesn't have superman and batman. They didn't free superman and he did ambush him disguised as captain marvel.

Yes but Hawkman still knocked out Superman. It's unknown when they both woke up and beat them, but it still did happen.

#31 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: Anything in DC you say, can Krillen tank a big bang,I know Superman Prime did.

#32 Posted by xeon1cs (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: He was never knocked out by the Claw of Horus. He got hit, because he wanted to get hit, and pretended.

#33 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance said:

@XImpossibruX: Anything in DC you say, can Krillen tank a big bang,I know Superman Prime did.

He was actually transported to the 31st century in the next issue by the 3 Legion founders.

#34 Posted by drago666 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX:

Yes but Hawkman still knocked out Superman. It's unknown when they both woke up and beat them, but it still did happen.

I will look into it but I just assumed they were faking....If they were knocked out I would think Luthor would have put them in a prison they couldn't escape.

#35 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs said:

@XImpossibruX: He was never knocked out by the Claw of Horus. He got hit, because he wanted to get hit, and pretended.

Where does it state they were faking? I'm reading the issue right now and Superman thought he was going to pass out.

#36 Posted by Bossmonster (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Clark Sneeze a galaxy away. How is freeza going to beat him?

#37 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: But was still hit by a point blank big bang, as for Superman there are numerous respect threads online, you should check them. they can be very informative.

#38 Posted by SpectresWrath01 (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

No reason to really argue here. Its really just simple dumb math to show who is more powerful. Vegeta turned supersayian while training in 450 times earths normal gravity. Vegeta weighs 240 pounds at max. 240 x 450= 108,000. In terms of weight that is on the body that would be about 54 tons. Superman has literally moved the earth so thats approximatly 6,585x10(21) tons. A whole lot more than a simple 54 tons.

SSJ Goku or Vegeta >Frieza

SSJ Vegeta or Goku= 100 times their normal powerful level. 100 times 54 tons= 5,400

5,400 tons of raw power vs Superman ( 6585x10 (21) tons of raw power ) Thats this much 6,585,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons!

People having enough power to blow up the earth easily isnt the same is having raw power itself. Superman could easily destroy the earth just as simple as frieza could. He just controls his powers. Like Goku, Cell, Majin Buu, Gohan, Piccolo, ect ect. All these character control their power so they do not destroy the earth. So just because frieza has the power to destroy planets, that does not make him out of Supermans league. Tons of Marvel+DC character have the power do achieve this.

Now where did I get my figures for SuperSayian upgrade? Rilldo, when fighting goku notes that his power increased 100x, but that is no canon technically but according to Daizenshuu, his power increased 1250x from 120,000 to 150,000,000 against frieza! So one can assume its around 100x maybe a bit higher. The higher the SSJ level or powerlevel the character before transforming the higher the increase.

Thank you come again. Superman is still the winner. Superman let lose would be like that Dragonballz move where Gohan punched Frieza in the stomach and Frieza exploded. I assume the battle would be something like that.

#39 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpectresWrath01: Powerlevels are not determined by how much you can lift.... and gravity training has no effect on how much you can lift.

Except this isn't an accurate demonstration of Goku's strength at all. In the Super Exciting Daizanshuu guide they explain the training wasn't to build physical mass but was KI control using Bukujutsu.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5444/superexcitingguide.png

Super exciting guide states the training has no relation to how much they can lift, or striking power in general

Literally strength =/= striking power, Superman's bloodlusted punches have been tanked by Wonder Woman and other people with way less durability....

He wouldn't do anything to Frieza, and Superman doesn't have a powerlevel.

#40 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance said:

@XImpossibruX: But was still hit by a point blank big bang, as for Superman there are numerous respect threads online, you should check them. they can be very informative.

That is not a point black big bang, here is the full scan.

Superman is not Superman Prime by the way, and Superman Prime didn't tank anything of the sort.

#41 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs said:

Looked to me he wanted to get hit by it and KO the freak out.

Wheres the proof or scan at all saying he "pretended"?

#42 Posted by nickzambuto (14457 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpectresWrath01 said:

@GunGunW said:

No reason to really argue here. Its really just simple dumb math to show who is more powerful. Vegeta turned supersayian while training in 450 times earths normal gravity. Vegeta weighs 240 pounds at max. 240 x 450= 108,000. In terms of weight that is on the body that would be about 54 tons. Superman has literally moved the earth so thats approximatly 6,585x10(21) tons. A whole lot more than a simple 54 tons.

SSJ Goku or Vegeta >Frieza

SSJ Vegeta or Goku= 100 times their normal powerful level. 100 times 54 tons= 5,400

5,400 tons of raw power vs Superman ( 6585x10 (21) tons of raw power ) Thats this much 6,585,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons!

People having enough power to blow up the earth easily isnt the same is having raw power itself. Superman could easily destroy the earth just as simple as frieza could. He just controls his powers. Like Goku, Cell, Majin Buu, Gohan, Piccolo, ect ect. All these character control their power so they do not destroy the earth. So just because frieza has the power to destroy planets, that does not make him out of Supermans league. Tons of Marvel+DC character have the power do achieve this.

Now where did I get my figures for SuperSayian upgrade? Rilldo, when fighting goku notes that his power increased 100x, but that is no canon technically but according to Daizenshuu, his power increased 1250x from 120,000 to 150,000,000 against frieza! So one can assume its around 100x maybe a bit higher. The higher the SSJ level or powerlevel the character before transforming the higher the increase.

Thank you come again. Superman is still the winner. Superman let lose would be like that Dragonballz move where Gohan punched Frieza in the stomach and Frieza exploded. I assume the battle would be something like that.

Z Fighters don't train to build muscle mass. Their training strengthens ki, which then in turn makes them physicall stronger, faster, etc.

So Vegeta, who weighs around maybe 150 (he's a shorty) can actually press over 30 tons. Nothing much at all, but number 1: that was Android Saga and by the Buu saga he's multiplied several times in power, and more importantly number 2: that's without using ki.

Vegeta (and Goku's) striking power is actually immense, far exceeding that of Superman. Freeza easily tanks planet busting attacks, but Supreme Kai stated he could kill Freeza with one hit.

Supreme Kai was in awe of Vegeta's power, so Vegeta can pretty much destroy planets with his fists.

That's why I paired Supes up with Freeza in this match, he seems like the best match for Superman when it comes to DBZ.

#43 Posted by SMXLR8 (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

These DBZ vs superman fights has got to STOP

#44 Posted by nickzambuto (14457 posts) - - Show Bio

@SMXLR8 said:

These DBZ vs superman fights has got to STOP

Why?

#45 Posted by SMXLR8 (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: hello there are too many pick someone else

#46 Posted by Laurcus (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

While it's true that Cooler was blasted into the sun and killed, the argument could be made that the kamehameha wave was doing most of the work. A single punch from SS Goku had Cooler doubling over in pain, and he couldn't stop the kamehameha wave at all, he was just getting pushed around by it. The way I see it, it was a hammer and anvil effect. The sun just acted as the anvil, stopping Cooler from being pushed back any further.

And it's not like Cooler disintegrated, or even caught fire. His body started to distort, and then the screen whites out with him screaming. That's consistent with the damage inflicted by other massive energy waves. Note Goku's last attack against Frieza, and Gohan's kamehameha wave that killed Cell for a comparison.

#47 Posted by nickzambuto (14457 posts) - - Show Bio

@SMXLR8 said:

@nickzambuto: hello there are too many pick someone else

#48 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Supes survive a supernova point blank however it knocked him unconscious?

#49 Posted by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins because he is the good guy and in the very end the good guy always wins.

#50 Posted by SpectresWrath01 (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@SpectresWrath01: Powerlevels are not determined by how much you can lift.... and gravity training has no effect on how much you can lift.

Except this isn't an accurate demonstration of Goku's strength at all. In the Super Exciting Daizanshuu guide they explain the training wasn't to build physical mass but was KI control using Bukujutsu.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5444/superexcitingguide.png

Super exciting guide states the training has no relation to how much they can lift, or striking power in general

Literally strength =/= striking power, Superman's bloodlusted punches have been tanked by Wonder Woman and other people with way less durability....

He wouldn't do anything to Frieza, and Superman doesn't have a powerlevel.

Incorrect. Gravity training increases your body mass which makes you heavier. If you walked on a planet that had 10 times earths normal gravity; you would be flattened because your weight would be multiplied by 10 times its original weight. When you enter space it has 0 gravity so thats why Astronauts float in space; because their is no weight to hold you down.

Increased gravity training and weight lifting are very different but thats only because gravity training is constant and lifting weights is usually for a specific area of the body or multiple parts of the body and for brief moments. While gravity training would be your whole entire body has been doubled or increased 10 times and be constantly under that pressure everywhere. Gravity training would be several times more effective but alot harder to do. But your total mass of your entire body would equal 10 times its mass. So when Vegeta is in 450 times earths normal gravity his body literally carrying 450 times his own weight.

When Goku was training you are right he wasnt increasing his own body mass but his Kai power. But I dont see how that helps your argument. Increased body mass does not mean increase in strength. In fact Gokus Kai increase means a increase in powerlevel which means how powerful he is in terms of strength and a number of other factors. Example: When Goku and Cell grabbed each others hands and were trying to push each other back but neither one could and the force ended up damaging the ground underneath them is a demonstration of strength. Size and Strength are not the samething. Look at Superman he isnt ment to be a big guy but he is extremely powerful.

Strength and Striking power do kind of go hand in hand together. The stronger the person or force the stronger the impact. Speed is also a factor but in general the stronger the person the more powerful his striking is.

1. Superman to my knowledge has never been bloodlusted. I maybe wrong but Superman has been in a rage, his morals a bit shakey but never Bloodlusted to the point where he will kill anything and anyone. There have been moments where he wanted to kill someone but never lusting for Blood. 2. Superman in general hold back in combat. 3. Wonder Woman is pretty freaking durable and could probably take a punch froma BL Superman anyway. 4. Wonder Woman would beat frieza to. 5. Most character that could stand toe to toe with Superman would probably beat Frieza. 6. Sometimes there is bad writings, whenever something really bad happens or things that just dont make sense its all for plot and the point is to let alot of that kind of stuff go. Example: Frieza could blow up a planet without trying but somehow for some reason Goku and the gang ( no matter how powerful they became) never blew up the planet or seriously damaged it. O_O; I mean seriously Frieza way back when could destroy planets with 1 finger and Goku Super Sayian 3 only blows up rocks or makes craters? Sorry thats alittle silly. Example 2: Superman can literally move the earth, he is so powerful he can withstand the gravity of a blackhole and escape them. And yet he has never accidentally killed anybody or wrecked the planet either? Hard to believe but I just let it go.

Point is there is tons of stupid stuff if your looking for them and I for one would never use that to prove a point. And yes Superman does have a powerlevel. DBZ characters power is measured from their Kai, in Naruto its who has the most chakra, for Superman its yellow sunlight and part of his biology. But they all have a powerlevel just not the same type of power. Its kind of like Superman and Green Lantern they both power and different powerlevels but the source of their power comes from a different source.