#1 Posted by WillPayton (9554 posts) - - Show Bio

........VS........

No morals, to the death. Who wins?

#2 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Golden Superman Prime has...what feats?

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we stop using featless Gold Supes in battle threads? Is he powerful? Yes. Is he really really powerful? Hell yeah. How do we measure what he's capable of? We don't really know. It's kinda pointless.

#4 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Can we stop using featless Gold Supes in battle threads? Is he powerful? Yes. Is he really really powerful? Hell yeah. How do we measure what he's capable of? We don't really know. It's kinda pointless.

This, and just for the hell of it..I'm gonna say Franklin wins. =P

#5 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

Golden Supes does have some feats for him, just not enough.  
Only thing we know for sure is that he has been sundipping for 15,000 years.  
He has the last Green Lantern Ring which he used to crush  Solaris. 
He recreated Lois Lane, and Krypton.  
He gives additional powers to his descendants such as Kal-Kent.   

Besides that we really don't know how strong he is physically, it's all just speculation.   

Adult Franklin was shown to take on Celestials, and Bring Galactus back to life as his  own Herald.  
So from what is shown feat wise I would go with Franklin.  

#6 Posted by notquitevarsity (157 posts) - - Show Bio

they need to bring golden superman back and give him some feats so we can actually judge the battles

#7 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@notquitevarsity said:

they need to bring golden superman back and give him some feats so we can actually judge the battles

There are actually two golden Supes that are featless. 
#8 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Grant Morrison stated that he is the "highest, transcended version of Superman" ever and that includes a 5-D Superman so take that as you will.

#9 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, i feel that DC is lame for creating all these alternate Supermen, i don't understand why they do it. the Original is perfectly fine. i just think its silly to create all these pointless alternates Supermen. thank god marvel doesn't do that as much.

#10 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Grant Morrison stated that he is the "highest, transcended version of Superman" ever and that includes a 5-D Superman so take that as you will.

It's his arc. Of course he will say that. Still doesn't give him feats, does it? It's like saying the brothers (Yin & Yang = Marvel & DC) are the most uber duper powerful beings in comicdom before they were retconned-out. But will you have them fight like TOAA or the Presence just because they're practically on the same league? I won't. Cause they're featless.

One additional question -Did Grant decide this before or after he made the Beyond-the-multiverse Superman thoughtbot in Final Crisis?

#11 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Grant Morrison also wrote Final Crisis. 
#12 Posted by Shawnbaby (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, No Feats. It doesn't mean that Supes can't win...but we have no criteria in which to judge the outcome.

#13 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@ssejllenrad said:

It's his arc. Of course he will say that. Still doesn't give him feats, does it? It's like saying the brothers (Yin & Yang = Marvel & DC) are the most uber duper powerful beings in comicdom before they were retconned-out. But will you have them fight like TOAA or the Presence just because they're practically on the same league? I won't. Cause they're featless.

One additional question -Did Grant decide this before or after he made the Beyond-the-multiverse Superman thoughtbot in Final Crisis?

Yes the interview was after Final Crisis...but I wouldn't consider the Thought Robot to be a version of Superman, it just took the form of Superman when he controlled it.

#14 Posted by jeduhu (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin with ease...

#15 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojjimbo said:

@ssejllenrad said:

#16 Posted by logy5000 (5928 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

@notquitevarsity said:

There are actually two golden Supes that are featless.

Who's the 2nd one? Are you talking about the Galactus herald Superman?

#17 Posted by logy5000 (5928 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank has no inhuman durability, so Prime could speedblitz him. And it would only take 1 hit to kill him.

#18 Posted by Dextersinister (6351 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman because I don't like Franklin.

#19 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Frank has no inhuman durability, so Prime could speedblitz him. And it would only take 1 hit to kill him.

His shields tanked blows from Celestials.....even as a child his shields tanked blows from Celestials.

Just for reference. 1 Celestial could handle all of Asgard empowering the Destroyer armor....including Odin.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#20 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojjimbo said:

@ssejllenrad said:

SBP: I'LL KILL YOU!!!! I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH!!!!!!!!

Franklin: How 'bout no?

#21 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5132 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin curbstomps.

#22 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddles666 said:

Franklin: How 'bout no? And by the way, where the hell did you come from emoboy? We're talking about Superman here. Not some whinny a*s teenage crybaby. Go away! *blinks SBP out of existence.

Fixed!

#23 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@cuddles666 said:

Franklin: How 'bout no? And by the way, where the hell did you come from emoboy? We're talking about Superman here. Not some whinny a*s teenage crybaby. Go away! *blinks SBP out of existence.

Fixed!

So we're talking about Golden Superman Prime from New Earth, pre-Flashpoint, and not Supermanboy Prime blue from pre-Crisis Earth Prime? Okay. Honest mistake.

#24 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25553 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin stomps, Golden Supes is very overrated and has very little feats, yet people put him up there with high level reality warpers.

#25 Posted by DCsuperman0007 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

i say GSP.

#26 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddles666 said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@cuddles666 said:

Fixed!

So we're talking about Golden Superman Prime from New Earth, pre-Flashpoint, and not Supermanboy Prime blue from pre-Crisis Earth Prime? Okay. Honest mistake.

Ahaha! I didn't think you made a mistake. I thought you were just giving cameo to emoboy prime to lighten up the thread's mood. Nyahahahaha!

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Franklin stomps, Golden Supes is very overrated and has very little feats, yet people put him up there with high level reality warpers.

Blame Morrison. He talked about SMPOM as if he was a real high-end "omnipotent" being (even went as far as to say he was second only to the Presence) but has failed to write his own creation with really credible feats. He needed some DNA just to revive Lois. WTF?!?!? Shouldn't his omnipotence (with omniscience) have taken care of that one? But his fanboys are just taking Morrison's word for it and argues for that featless golden guy as if he was LT or something.

#27 Posted by Hyperlight (6182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

Superman because I don't like Franklin.

haha why dont yu like franklin?

@ssejllenrad said:

to be honest that doesn make much sense ... how does someone develop omnipotence with an original powerset that is purely physical. If sebastion shaw (assuming he didnt have a limit o how much he could absorb) absorbed massive amounts of kinetic energy do you think he would obtain the ability to fly? no because his genetics dont allow for those abilities. limitless superhuman strength could be attainable though. but thats just me ranting hahaha

back to the forum.... superman prime is written as person of higher power than franlkin so supes wns... i guess

#28 Posted by Bo88gdan (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards FTW

#29 Posted by logy5000 (5928 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: I doubt he could raise his shields before a blitz sice Prime 1 mil is the fastest Superman.

Also, I'd assume that Golden Prime is above Celestial level.

#30 Edited by logy5000 (5928 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Golden Prime is neither overrated nor underrated since his power levels are literally unknown. If we go off of what Morrison claims, then Prime is at least on par w/ high level reality warpers since he's supposed to have 5-d imp powes. And on that topic, just 1 5-d imp could humiliate Frank, let alone all of them.

#31 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Floopay: I doubt he could raise his shields before a blitz sice Prime 1 mil is the fastest Superman.

Also, I'd assume that Golden Prime is above Celestial level.

With zero feats to support that statement :P

Celestials are above skyfather level, and I think even above Elder God level...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay