For Battles: Let's Define "Current"

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz

Knowing what the characters abilities are in a battle thread is essential for attempting to discern what the two characters can do.

However, as many might have already discovered, this is not a science. Because A beats B and B beats C does not necessarily mean A beats C. (Too much math i know ;p)

This is why knowing the current abilities and current weaknesses of a character are essential.

We can only discern what a character can currently do by what we have read but at times it's difficult to see when information presented by fans and actual facts actually becomes blurred.

For example, many characters have been around for an extended amount of times but there are times when fans present information about their favorite characters that we have not seen them do for years and in some cases even decades.

When we say "Current" I think that should mean something in these battles. This would allow people to debate with clearer heads and allow us to figure out the victors with accurate current information.

What I intend with this thread:

I propose that we set a limit of time for when certain feats or abilities can be known as being current.

For example a characters feats performed withing the last 5-10 (years will be considered current. People can still debate on whether or not a character could win a match based upon all the abilities they have ever used but that particular battle would not be considered "current".

My personal opinion is that the feats for "current" battles should be from within the last 5 years. Once again this does not mean that people could open threads permitting what character did 10, 20 or even 30 years ago but this is to better define what a character has recently been seen doing and how they are being written now.

I believe this will make fights more interesting and give us the ability to debate on how characters have been changed over the years.

So in order to participate (Hopefully the moderators of this forum will see the benefit of defining this term as it could potentially lessen the amount of arguments, tension and sincerely the bad reputation that this forum has built here on Comic Vine) write the number of years you think that a feat or scan should be considered valid. In a few days we will tally the votes and hopefully this will be added to the rules of the battle forum for current battles.

Let's put some definition to this so that the debates here can be a little more interesting and not simply end with an old tired out scan.

Attempt to keep the unnecessary posts to a minimum. This does not mean if you are not in agreement with me do not post. I am referring to the random groaning pictures (we have all seen them) that simply take away from what this topic is attempting to achieve.