FMA Homunculi v FMA Brotherhood Homunculi

rcranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All of them as teams. Always wondered this. Pride and Wrath are both King Bradley but they don't necessarily need to fight each other. Any matchup.

rirashadow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rcranium: Can original FMA Gluttony turn into his Conqueror of Shambala form? Same question for Envy and his dragon form?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would come down to Pride (Selim) vs Sloth (The boys "mother").

I'm thinking Brotherhood, but it could be a really cool fight.

Original Lust is stronger than Brotherhood Lust.

Brotherhood Gluttony is stronger than Original Gluttony.

Pride (Selim) is stronger than Original Pride (Bradley)

I think Original Wrath would probably lose to Bradley.

Greeling is better than Original Greed.

Original Sloth is stronger than Brotherhood Sloth.

And Brotherhood Envy stomps Original Envy.

So that's 5 wins for Brotherhood and only 2 for Original.

I'm thinking Brotherhood definitely wins.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only way that way Brotherhood would win is BFR, that's it, as they don't have the materials to kill team.

rirashadow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: I agree with you if the matchups were strictly between the namesakes of the Homunculi, but I actually see it as mostly fighting themselves. The 2 Lusts, the Greeds, the Gluttonys, the Envys and the Bradleys. It's been a while since I've seen the original but I see the 2 Lusts stalemating. Same thing with the 2 Greeds. I don't see them bypassing each other's Ultimate Shield, although Greeling has the better battle experience. Original Gluttony, if he's allowed the form in the movie, can cause problems for Brotherhood Gluttony with fake Door to Truth just because of his size. If original Envy is allowed the dragon form in the movie, I see O. Envy taking on B. Envy. As for the Bradley's, technically they should be the same but based on feats, B. Wrath showed far more skill. Which leaves O. Sloth and Wrath vs. B. Selim and Sloth. I actually think Selim could take on the whole O. team, except for Bradley, Greed and Sloth. O. Sloth is the x-factor, she's basically water and I don't see how B. team hurts her other than Gluttony's DTT.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Errr isn't the Homonucli from the original anime immortal unless they're close to their original remains and and then needing a special transmutation circle for them to be able to die? Otherwise they just regrow out of any kind of damage real fast..

Loading Video...

Yeah Pride and Wrath from brotherhood would just be able to kill them over and over again but they wouldn't have any real way of taking them down for good. Except Gluttony's pocket dimension

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lucano

Everything was more ridiculous and exagerated in Brotherhood, however the Vanilla homuncili had the immortality hax. If vanilla Wrath has alchemy and Glutony is allowed his Conqueror of Shamballa form, then Wrath, Sloth and Glutony from vanilla take on the entire Brotherhood team. If not... I say it is too close to call.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StrictlyAnime

@sokusonic4: Couldn't B.Envy also potentially turn into the same dragon as O.Envy? They both have transformation, or is O.Envy's transformation of a higher level? I haven't seen the 2003 series in a awhile.

rirashadow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rirashadow4

@strictlyanime: I'm not sure myself. Since B. Envy never showed to be able to transform into a dragon and instead turned into the green beast thing I assumed he couldn't.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: I agree with you if the matchups were strictly between the namesakes of the Homunculi, but I actually see it as mostly fighting themselves. The 2 Lusts, the Greeds, the Gluttonys, the Envys and the Bradleys. It's been a while since I've seen the original but I see the 2 Lusts stalemating. Same thing with the 2 Greeds. I don't see them bypassing each other's Ultimate Shield, although Greeling has the better battle experience. Original Gluttony, if he's allowed the form in the movie, can cause problems for Brotherhood Gluttony with fake Door to Truth just because of his size. If original Envy is allowed the dragon form in the movie, I see O. Envy taking on B. Envy. As for the Bradley's, technically they should be the same but based on feats, B. Wrath showed far more skill. Which leaves O. Sloth and Wrath vs. B. Selim and Sloth. I actually think Selim could take on the whole O. team, except for Bradley, Greed and Sloth. O. Sloth is the x-factor, she's basically water and I don't see how B. team hurts her other than Gluttony's DTT.

Eh, the way I matched them up is essentially the same, the only differences being Wrath, Pride, and Sloth.

But really, Lust in the Original was kicking Sloth's butt, so she definitely has better feats than Brotherhood Lust.

And Bradley was able to overwhelm Greed, so I don't know why Greeling wouldn't be able to do the same thing since he was one of the only people (if not THE only person) to be considered Bradley's equal.

Brotherhood Gluttony and his Door to Truth is more impressive IMO, because it was clear that there's not really any limit to the size of the things he consumes.

And yes, Bradley showed better feats in Brotherhood, so he should definitely take the edge.

And if we want to get technical, then none of the Brotherhood Team can hurt the original team because they don't have remnants of their past selves.

However, assuming that description is removed, I see Selim basically taking on the entire original team, but even if he doesn't it won't matter since IMO Greeling beats Greed, B-Gluttony beats O-Gluttony, B-Bradley beats O-Bradley, and Pride could just focus solely on Sloth.

Brotherhood should take this.

Jmarshmallow

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: I think if they can somehow be made to regurgitate the red stones that power them then they do eventually lose their life. But I don't remember.

I hated that way of killing them anyway.

rirashadow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Since it wasn't stated that the Original team had to be defeated by the remnants thing I just ignored it and imagined everyone is operating on Brotherhood mechanics(Philosopher Stones).

I can't remember exactly what was in Gluttony's stomach when he "ate" Ed and Ling but from what I remember about his Door to Truth is that he could only shoot within the area of his eye. It was a very straight line and it didn't appear he could increase the width of his shots. So if we give O. Gluttony the form he used in the movie, then B. Gluttony wouldn't be able to absorb him in one go.

And I'll concede to you about O. Lust. Been a while since I've seen the 2003 series and all I remember Lust doing is being Scar's brother's girlfriend.

Other than that I agree with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: That's how the Bortherhood homunculi worked! They have a philosophers stone with a finite amount of souls in it for them to regen from, when the souls run out they can't regenerate anymore!

The 2003 version however was just plain immortal and would regenerate constantly with no end. Something with the logic that you can't kill someone who's already dead or something like that..

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: Already knew that. But I could have sworn I had seen someone make Wrath cough up red stones until he barely had anything left.

Either way the Brotherhood Homunculi are on average stronger.

rirashadow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: It was Dante, the Homunculi's "mother" I think. And IIRC she had a part of Greed's old body. It's not that she magically got him to cough up the red stones.

rcranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rcranium

Nice analysis everyone. Someone brought up the immortality of the FMA homunculi which I think is the key. Also, while FMAB Bradley has better feats, he was also wounded by a single bullet. Let's leave Env's dragon form out as he switch dimensions to use that. Gluttony's transformed form also as he would just attack everybody.