LightandShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LightandShadow

In character, willing to kill. No prep.

Fight 1: Colonel mustang vs Kimblee. Mustang is not blind.

Fight 2: Colonel mustang vs Wrath.

Fight 3: Wrath (Bradley) vs Pride scenario 1: Regular, end series arsenal. Scenario 2: Bradley gets a pack of flashbangs. Pride without alchemy.

Fight 4: colonel mustang vs pride. scenario 1: Standard arsenal. Scenario 2: Mustang gets a pack of flashbangs

Fight 5: colonel mustang vs scar.

Fight 6: Bradley vs armstrong.

Post your other brotherhood match ups here, discuss one by one.

Begin.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fight 1: Colonel mustang vs Kimblee. Mustang is not blind: Mustang 6-7/10. Though kimblee is strong, mustang's ability seemed more dangerous to me. Kimblee's fight with stone al makes me doubtful about 7, so 6-7

Fight 2: Colonel mustang vs Wrath.: King lolstomps the colonel. It already happened, I think, but in any random encounter, bradley should win.(Sigh, he was going to make changes in the dressing)

Fight 3: Wrath (Bradley) vs Pride

scenario 1: Regular, end series arsenal: Pride, 8-8.5/10: Pride's crazy ability should a problem, and he needs to be killed again and again, unlike bradley.

Scenario 2: Bradley gets a pack of flashbangs. Pride without alchemy: Pride 6-7/10: even with the flashbangs, I don't see anyone in the seris taking the kid 1 on 1.

Fight 4: colonel mustang vs pride.

scenario 1: Standard arsenal: Pride 8-9/10, specially if he keeps his body hidden.

Scenario 2: Mustang gets a pack of flashbangs: Pride 7-8/10, his best chance is to keep attacking like he attacked the other two. But it's not going to be as easy..

Fight 5: colonel mustang vs scar: Tough one. Giving Angry mustang 6.5/10. Scar is very tough, though.

Fight 6: Bradley vs armstrong.: lol what's this? Bradley murders.

@thatguywithheadphones: @kingofash: What do you guys think?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In character, willing to kill. No prep.

Fight 1: Colonel mustang vs Kimblee. Mustang is not blind. kimble is sort of like Gambit he need object while Roy..doesn't

Fight 2: Colonel mustang vs Wrath. too fast

Fight 3: Wrath (Bradley) vs Pride scenario 1: Regular, end series arsenal. Scenario 2: Bradley gets a pack of flashbangs. Pride without alchemy. R1 Pride R2 Wrath

Fight 4: colonel mustang vs pride. scenario 1: Standard arsenal. Scenario 2: Mustang gets a pack of flashbangs

R1 Pride R2 Mustang

Fight 5: colonel mustang vs scar. stomp

Fight 6: Bradley vs armstrong.

Post your other brotherhood match ups here, discuss one by one.

Begin.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It always annoyed me how Bradley beat Greed (both incarnations). It was PIS.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dredeuced

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Not really. He can't regen and armor up at the same time and Bradley's superhuman speed forced his hand. Greed could've won if he walked around fully armored up all the time, but that's not his style.

He didn't outright win the second fight, just reasoned with Ling Greed while parrying his attacks and judo flipping him around until he left.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How come it's PIS? First time he cut his hand off to stop the hardening, second time the fight wasn't really concluded, but still, his skills deserve the win. Talk of PIS, he was killed because of it lol

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@dredeuced: @princearagorn1:

The way Wrath defeated the first Greed by impaling him with the four swords never made any sense to me.

As for the second fight, it was beyond me why Greedling didn't harden up despite having known what Wrath was capable of. I can accept Greed not hardening in their first fight, but there should have been no reason why Greed couldn't go full ultimate shield the second time around.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dredeuced

@dredeuced: @princearagorn1:

The way Wrath defeated the first Greed by impaling him with the four swords never made any sense to me.

As for the second fight, it was beyond me why Greedling didn't harden up despite having known what Wrath was capable of. I can accept Greed not hardening in their first fight, but their should be no reason why Greed couldn't go full ultimate shield the second time around.

Greed can't harden up with Ling in control -- that's why Fuu begged Greed to take over, so he could harden up. Ling is a significantly, vastly superior fighter to Greed. Greed gets tossed around like an idiot by Bradley while Ling can keep up with him in a fight. You actually saw Ling and Greed elegantly swap places whenever they needed to harden up (like to break Bradley's sword) or fight depending on the situation.

The reason the four sword impaling thing worked was because he was constantly regenerating from the perpetual stabbing, so he couldn't harden up. Homunculi also lose their strength while they regenerate -- as shown when Mustang defeated Lust by spamming her with fire blasts. You never see a homunculi regenerate while attacking someone or using their powers, they always have to wait to heal.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greed can't harden up with Ling in control -- that's why Fuu begged Greed to take over, so he could harden up. Ling is a significantly, vastly superior fighter to Greed. Greed gets tossed around like an idiot by Bradley while Ling can keep up with him in a fight. You actually saw Ling and Greed elegantly swap places whenever they needed to harden up (like to break Bradley's sword) or fight depending on the situation.

Given that it was Greed, not ling, who instigated the fight with Wrath in their second encounter. I still see no reason why Greed didn't smart up and go full ultimate shield. I will just chalk it up as Greed being too stupid or too arrogant, maybe both, to change into ultimate shield mode.

No Caption Provided

The reason the four sword impaling thing worked was because he was constantly regenerating from the perpetual stabbing, so he couldn't harden up. Homunculi also lose their strength while they regenerate -- as shown when Mustang defeated Lust by spamming her with fire blasts. You never see a homunculi regenerate while attacking someone or using their powers, they always have to wait to heal.

I understand that they can't work their powers when they're regenerating. My only annoyance was that Greed went limp right when Bradley stabbed him with the four swords. It was like a pressure point attack, but was never properly explained as to how Wrath was able to put him down that way.

No Caption Provided

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlackWind

Even though Kimblee owns a personal PS, the fact that he needs to touch the ground to make the explosions means he is slower than Roy, who simply needs to snap his finger. Roy wins that one 6/10 just because of better speed.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Kimblee doesn't need to touch the ground to activate his alchemy. He either claps his hand together or just waves him palm in the general direction.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fight 1: Colonel mustang vs Kimblee. Mustang is not blind: Mustang 6-7/10. Though kimblee is strong, mustang's ability seemed more dangerous to me. Kimblee's fight with stone al makes me doubtful about 7, so 6-7

Fight 2: Colonel mustang vs Wrath.: King lolstomps the colonel. It already happened, I think, but in any random encounter, bradley should win.(Sigh, he was going to make changes in the dressing)

Fight 3: Wrath (Bradley) vs Pride

scenario 1: Regular, end series arsenal: Pride, 8-8.5/10: Pride's crazy ability should a problem, and he needs to be killed again and again, unlike bradley.

Scenario 2: Bradley gets a pack of flashbangs. Pride without alchemy: Pride 6-7/10: even with the flashbangs, I don't see anyone in the seris taking the kid 1 on 1.

Fight 4: colonel mustang vs pride.

scenario 1: Standard arsenal: Pride 8-9/10, specially if he keeps his body hidden.

Scenario 2: Mustang gets a pack of flashbangs: Pride 7-8/10, his best chance is to keep attacking like he attacked the other two. But it's not going to be as easy..

Fight 5: colonel mustang vs scar: Tough one. Giving Angry mustang 6.5/10. Scar is very tough, though.

Fight 6: Bradley vs armstrong.: lol what's this? Bradley murders.

@thatguywithheadphones: @kingofash: What do you guys think?

I 100% concur. Good breakdown.

@dredeuced said:

Given that it was Greed, not ling, who instigated the fight with Wrath in their second encounter. I still see no reason why Greed didn't smart up and go full ultimate shield. I will just chalk it up as Greed being too stupid or too arrogant, maybe both, to change into ultimate shield mode.

I understand that they can't work their powers when they're regenerating. My only annoyance was that Greed went limp right when Bradley stabbed him with the four swords. It was like a pressure point attack, but was never properly explained as to how Wrath was able to put him down that way.

Yeah the Ling Fight should been a no brainer.

As for the original fight, I watched the Anime, and in that Bradely states he has special Swords that dealt with Greed's Ultimate Shield. I assume they dealt with putting him down as well. What does the Manga say?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

As for the original fight, I watched the Anime, and in that Bradely states he has special Swords that dealt with Greed's Ultimate Shield. I assume they dealt with putting him down as well. What does the Manga say?

The manga made no mention to Wrath having any special weapon to put down Greed.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: YYH has the same problem. At times things happen and I am like "WTF" but then in the Anime Scene has a long drawn out explanantion.

It proves to me Manga is like a Pre Write and the Anime has more added to it to clarify or make sense.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@omgomgwtfwtf: YYH has the same problem. At times things happen and I am like "WTF" but then in the Anime Scene has a long drawn out explanantion.

It proves to me Manga is like a Pre Write and the Anime has more added to it to clarify or make sense.

Eh, it really depends. I wouldn't consider that true for everything. It might be true for Brotherhood because the mangaka was involved throughout the process and the anime came out after the manga. Some anime are made without the mangaka's input and such should really hold no value in my opinion. A lot of the publishing companies make anime versions of the manga for money purposes only. It's a sad truth within the manga business, just look at Dragonball GT lmao.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

@omgomgwtfwtf: No doubt, however the best Animes stay true to the Mangas. Now watch Soul Eater suck balls lol.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: The Soul Eater anime had really good art (I tend not to watch anime because I find many of them to have atrocious animation), but should have been a stand alone similar to the first Full Metal anime. The last 5 episodes for Soul Eater were too atrocious to watch, I hate how they wrap up the anime by butchering everything. Ugh, it annoys me to hell.