#1 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

Can the multiversial reality warper beat the Devil and soul devourer of the seas?

For people who don't know of the Flying Dutchman:

He's pretty much universial (devil of the Spongebob universe)

The Flying Dutchman is shown to be one of the most powerful supernatural being in the ocean, rivaling King Neptune, Though The Flying Dutchman skills vary from episode to episode, he has been consistently capable to levitate, and teleport in a cloud of smoke preceded by a storm. In his first appearance, he is show to be capable of stealing souls and fire-breathing through his nose. He has also shown to be capable of opening dimensional portals to banish his enemies, as seen in "Shanghaied" and "Ghoul Fools". He has shown to be also capable of manipulating matter (even turning SpongeBob and Patrick into ghosts in "Curse of Bikini Bottom" and making objects appear out of thin air) and grant wishes, as seen in shanghaided and Money Talks.

However, of all his incarnations, his most powerful appearance was in Ghost Host, where he was able to shapeshift into numerous horrific forms and warped reality effortlessly. The only limitation to his powers regards his ghost tail. Despite being a champion in looping for centuries, he as long forgotten how to tie his shoes, and it's later reveled that he can't eat people without his dining sock.

Morals on, bloodlust off.

Battle ends in KO or soul wipe.

Battle takes place onboard the Flying Dutchman's ship.

BFR allowed.

2 hours prep for duchtman, none for Mxy.

Who wins?

#2 Edited by AllStarSuperman (19957 posts) - - Show Bio

Myx stomps he's to powerful

#3 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

Mxy can do many things to the Dutchman, like snap his fingers and try to make the Dutchman dissipate from existence, but he'd simply re-appear. He could turn the dutchman into Candy, but the Dutchman would snap back.

#4 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks: You are over-estimating Dutchman. Don't know why you think he's universal.

#5 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Kingjohnrocks: You are over-estimating Dutchman. Don't know why you think he's universal.

The creators of the spongebob universe say in his description that he's the Devil of the Sea, and him and King Neptune are enemies. The sea is in the Spongebob universe, the Dutchman is the Devil of the spongebob universe, thus he's universial like King Neptune.

#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19957 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

Mxy can do many things to the Dutchman, like snap his fingers and try to make the Dutchman dissipate from existence, but he'd simply re-appear. He could turn the dutchman into Candy, but the Dutchman would snap back.

Yes but myx holds universes with his hands and can travel to the real world. Dutchman is not that powerful

#7 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

Yes but myx holds universes with his hands and can travel to the real world. Dutchman is not that powerful

Mxy is multiversial threat. The only reason the Dutchman can't snap his fingers and destroy Spongebob's universe is because Neptune prevents him.

The dutchman can warp reality to his will, grant wishes (no limits on his wishes) etc. Plus he has created his own dimensions (the void) etc etc. He can stalemate if not defeat King Neptune because the Dutchman has shown more then Neptune. He can steal souls which makes him a absoloute threat. So he's a Dimensional and Universal threat.

#8 Posted by Outside_85 (8124 posts) - - Show Bio

I have it on good authority that Mxy created the Spongebob universe as light entertainment for himself whenever Superman tricked him.

#9 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

I have it on good authority that Mxy created the Spongebob universe as light entertainment for himself whenever Superman tricked him.

Mxy didn't create the Spongebob universe, King Neptune did. The Dutchman haunts it, steals souls, throws people into dimensions, grants bad wishes, shapeshifts, reality warps, etc.

#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19957 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks: myx has literally erased comic book pages. I'm sure he could due the same to spongebobs entire show

#11 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

@Kingjohnrocks: myx has literally erased comic book pages. I'm sure he could due the same to spongebobs entire show

And Neptune or the Dutchman can snap it back. Reality warpers vs Reality warpers.

#12 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

One time, the Dutchman turned the entire spongebob universe into a blender of fruits..

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19957 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks: if you think they can snap everything normal what's the point of this thread?

Emperor joker could doa lot better than a bunch of fruit. So mxy who knows his powers better would own.

#14 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

@Kingjohnrocks: if you think they can snap everything normal what's the point of this thread?

Emperor joker could doa lot better than a bunch of fruit. So mxy who knows his powers better would own.

A blender, the dutchman turned the entire Spongebob universe into a blender on a rock...YET, you still try to downplay the Dutchman and say it's not impressive. I suppose erasing Comicbook pages isn't impressive either?

The dutchman could throw the universe into the void if he wanted to..

#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19957 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

A blender, the dutchman turned the entire Spongebob universe into a blender on a rock...YET, you still try to downplay the Dutchman and say it's not impressive. I suppose erasing Comicbook pages isn't impressive either?

No the Dutchman could throw the spongebob universe into the void nothing else. As he is not multiverseal or show to even be able to leave the spongebobverse. Myx on the other hand has come to the real world and taken writers into comic books.

#16 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

No the Dutchman could throw the spongebob universe into the void nothing else. As he is not multiverseal or show to even be able to leave the spongebobverse. Myx on the other hand has come to the real world and taken writers into comic books.

Excuse me for the typo, he could throw the Spongebob universe in the void if he wanted, but he can't because King Neptune. He can throw many things into the void..

The dutchman is a universal threat, universe meaning Spongebobverse, why can't you accept that? I've given you the proof, and your still trying to downplay it.

#17 Posted by Outside_85 (8124 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@Outside_85 said:

Mxy didn't create the Spongebob universe, King Neptune did. The Dutchman haunts it, steals souls, throws people into dimensions, grants bad wishes, shapeshifts, reality warps, etc.

I don't think you got the joke.

Anyways, Mxy makes and unmakes realities as he sees fit. If he wants to make the Dutchman or anyone from a lesser dimension into a toy robot or rubber duck, he snaps his fingers and its there. And since he is 5D and Spongebobverse is only 2D, that would include Duchtman.

#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19957 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@Outside_85 said:

I don't think you got the joke.

Anyways, Mxy makes and unmakes realities as he sees fit. If he wants to make the Dutchman or anyone from a lesser dimension into a toy robot or rubber duck, he snaps his fingers and its there. And since he is 5D and Spongebobverse is only 2D, that would include Duchtman.

Goodpoint

#19 Edited by NeonGameWave (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy. But the Flying Dutchman can win with toon force.

#20 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

The fly of despair.

/thread

#21 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

Mxy. But the Flying Dutchman can win with toon force.

Dutchman doesn't have TF. Not every Nick/CN cartoon has toonforce.

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

The creators of the spongebob universe say in his description that he's the Devil of the Sea, and him and King Neptune are enemies. The sea is in the Spongebob universe, the Dutchman is the Devil of the spongebob universe, thus he's universial like King Neptune.

Someone needs a little Battle forum 101.

The creators of the spongebob universe say

1- Stick to the story:

first of all, creator statements outside the story(like a handbook or interview) are irrelevant, and that is a solid rule in literature and film for decades ever since Rolan Bard's "Death of The Author" article.

he's the Devil of the Sea

2- Only feats speak:

Positions/titles are nothing. Words like Devil or god never back up an argument in any way, shape, or form. If I had a penny for each time a character falsely described as omnipotent, I'd writing this on My Ferrari's golden toilet on a built-in Alien ware PC. This reminds me of all the noobs that argued Thor can beat anybody because he is a god. The christian God of Image comics has number of people more powerful than him in his universe. I have seen/read many shows and stories where Satan doesn't have any powers of anykind, let alone universal, and just rule like a normal king over hell.

Now that that's done, Let me win this thread. Mxy has an ability that gives him the win here easily, which is the abillity to leave the comic in to the real world. He could rip the page, or change the story writing or anything simialar. Now dear boy, lets talk about the most important thing in Battle forum, visual evidence(Scans/videos):

#22 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks:

This is a stomp....Mxy is a multiversal threat, Dutchman is just a planetary level being...

#23 Posted by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Dutchman is planetary level at best.

Mxy is multiversal level, and could stomp the Dutchman.

#24 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

Dutchman doesn't have TF. Not every Nick/CN cartoon has toonforce.

So stealing souls, turning spongebob into a ghost, becoming intangible, and reality warping isn't toonforce, right? Right. It's spongeforce.

first of all, creator statements outside the story(like a handbook or interview) are irrelevant, and that is a solid rule in literature and film for decades ever since Rolan Bard's "Death of The Author" article.

Actually the Creator of Spongebob actually created the flying dutchman to be the Devil of the seas. To you that doesn't matter? Which means to you, who didn't have anything to do with the creating/production of spongebob, that's irrelevent? Even though the creator created the Dutchman to be on par with Neptune as the devil or the seas? Spongebob and the dutchman even mentioned he haunts the sea and steals souls-and the Dutchman has stolen MANY souls before and tossed them into the void or kept them for himself.

Positions/titles are nothing. Words like Devil or god never back up an argument in any way, shape, or form. If I had a penny for each time a character falsely described as omnipotent, I'd writing this on My Ferrari's golden toilet on a built-in Alien ware PC. This reminds me of all the noobs that argued Thor can beat anybody because he is a god. The christian God of Image comics has number of people more powerful than him in his universe. I have seen/read many shows and stories where Satan doesn't have any powers of anykind, let alone universal, and just rule like a normal king over hell.

I find this offensive. You brought the christian God and the christian Devil into this like it was nothing. Comparing to a fictional character who can steal souls, possess people, turn them into ghosts, manipulate there reality to make them go insane, grant wishes by snapping his fingers..The christian devil is discussed as the Father of lies, and all evil, which means his powers are unlimited in the realm of lies and evil anything sinful. Those "shows" obviously did not take Satan from the Bible. But in the Bible, satan is a universal threat and many people like myself believe Satan exists thus he is a real universal threat. He has his own dimension/universe (hell) he's trying to send alot of people down there, he's universal.

Now that that's done, Let me win this thread.

Wow, you win threads that are supposed to be productive and fun?

Mxy has an ability that gives him the win here easily, which is the abillity to leave the comic in to the real world. He could rip the page, or change the story writing or anything simialar. Now dear boy, lets talk about the most important thing in Battle forum, visual evidence(Scans/videos):

Which is probably why Mxy wins, but this wouldn't mess up the Dutchman. He has his own realm/realms plus he's a reality warper, Mxy may win but the Dutchman doesn't die... (he's already dead)

#25 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Kingjohnrocks:

This is a stomp....Mxy is a multiversal threat, Dutchman is just a planetary level being...

Spongebob is a universe, the Dutchman is the threat of that universe's citizens, thus he is a Universal threat. He also has his own dimensions that he can banish people he hates in. Once again, universal.

#26 Posted by Outside_85 (8124 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Kingjohnrocks:

Spongebob is a universe, the Dutchman is the threat of that universe's citizens, thus he is a Universal threat. He also has his own dimensions that he can banish people he hates in. Once again, universal.

What a tiny universe.

#27 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Kingjohnrocks:

What a tiny universe.

The entire sea is the Spongebob universe.

Yeah, very tiny

#28 Posted by Outside_85 (8124 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks: yes covers 2/3 of the surface of the Earth.

And this is Mxy using all of that Earth:

#29 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@Kingjohnrocks: yes covers 2/3 of the surface of the Earth.

And this is Mxy using all of that Earth:

Once again, "tiny" or not, Dutchman is universal in his universe. I do not dispute Mxy wins, I think Mxy wins.

#30 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@Outside_85 said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Kingjohnrocks:

What a tiny universe.

The entire sea is the Spongebob universe.

Yeah, very tiny

What a tiny universe.