#1 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Start Date: Monday the 13th

Last day to sign up: Friday the 10th

Floopay's Fantasy-Style Tournament

Alright, this is a new tournament for me. It's been awhile since I hosted one, and my last tournament sort of fell through due to poor timing on my part. But this time around I don't see any schedule conflicts so it should be solid.

Rules:

Okay, I'm just going to jump to the things people skip to when viewing these things anyway. Restrictions and Limitations.

Team Limitations:

You get a team of 4 characters, all have to fall within the limitations provided. You also get a single team leader, and you must designate him at the start of the tournament.

Personalities will still clash within your team, and language barriers will still exist. Keep these things in mind. Your team will, however, be assumed to work with one another and not against one another. So though one character might not follow orders, one might hate the rest of your team or disagree with them, they will be assumed to remain loyal and not attack your team unless manipulated somehow.

Different versions of a character may be chosen, but none from the same universe (unless they're a clone or something). Which means no two people can have mainstream Wolverine, but someone can have mainstream, and someone can have Ultimate, as well as someone having the movie version. I don't care.

Character Limitations:

These are their MAXIMUM limitations. Which means you can't pick someone with Mach 1 speed, and give him an item that lets him temporarily triple his speed. Or a character with 3 ton strength who can boost himself to 5 ton strength.

Sources: I don't care, but they have to have a reasonable amount of feats. Not a one shot wonders or featless characters with assumed feats.

Strength Limit: 5 tons

Speed Limit: Mach 1

Durability Limit:

• Base Durability: They have to be at least damaged by assault rifle fire. And I'm not talking them grunting because of mild discomfort, I'm talking at least flesh wounds from assault rifle fire. Realistically, this means nobody who has a durability higher than that of steel.
  • Extended Durability: With equipment, they cannot have a higher durability than that of plated steel. Plated steel dents and multiple assault rifle rounds will penetrate it. It's susceptible to armor piercing rounds, and etc.
  • Intangibility: Cannot become completely immune to attacks. And no rematerialization kills. Which means nobody who can stick their hand into someone's head and auto-kill. But you can pick a character who can phase through solid objects and attacks, but they have to be susceptible to some form of attack while in this state. Whether it's elemental, sonic, holy weapons, etc.
  • Regeneration: Limited to Bone Claw Wolverine or Deadpool Level.

Destructive Capability Limit: Nothing stronger than an RPG. Which means if someone were to pick Gambit, he wouldn't be able to throw anything bigger than his playing cards, nor would he be allowed to charge anything bigger than that.

Telepathy Limit: Read Below

• Power Limit: None
  • Maximum Distance: 100 Meters (300 Feet)
  • Maximum People who can be affected simultaneously (Offensively): 1 person. This means you cannot mentally assault teams, but you can mentally assault people one at a time.
  • Maximum People who can be affected simultaneously (Defensively): No limit. If you want to put a powerful telepath on your team to protect your team against other telepaths, you go right ahead.
  • Overall Limit: You can pick a telepath of any power, but they will be limited to these restrictions.

Telekinesis and Similar Powers: This includes electrokinesis, magnetic fields, force powers, and other attacks that are similar to telekinesis. The limit is 5 tons, same as the strength limitation.

Magic: Allowed, but it can't do anything outside of the limitations provided.

Summoning/Duplications: Cannot summon anything that is outside of the tournament limits. Cannot have more than 2 summons or duplicates present at any give time.

Gear Limit: Plain and simple. Nobody could carry more than they could reasonable have on them without become encumbered. This includes backup ammo, and etc. Keep these things in mind, nothing is unlimited unless you can prove otherwise. Characters only get what they would normally carry, no one shot items, no bringing a team's worth of items. It's standard equipment.

Other Limits: Obviously I can't foresee every possible limit to put on a character. Be reasonable with your choices, and if you find a loophole and try to exploit it, I will remove that character and you'll be stuck with a team of 3. Not sure whether or not somebody is allowed or should be allowed? Ask me, just tag me in a post or send me a PM and I'll let you know, the character will be reserved as yours until I make a decision.

Scenario:

Your team has been randomly transported from their home realm into some crazy fantasy world. The first people they encounted were each other. And by some means or another, they have decided to work together.

Your team has been traveling together for three months, and they've learned how the world operates. They've begun taking up jobs as adventurers to earn coin, and they are now doing bounties.

Your teams will fight each other for bounties, and we are going to assume that they believe the other team is deserving of being hunted and fought, and are okay with it morally and etc.

Teams get 4 hours of prep to familiarize themselves with the battlefield, discuss tactics, and etc.

Round Boost:

Before the start of each round, you will get to choose a PERMANENT bonus for your team. You will keep that bonus for the rest of the tournament.

You cannot loot equipment from your opponents, lets assume when they are defeated as a team, both them, their corpses, and any of their possessions get transported to their home existence.

You get one bonus per round, follow the limitations provided. When you build your team, feel free to pick a boost right off the bat. Your team will start with it.

Team Bonuses:

• Perfect Teamwork - Your team has overcome their differences, and will work like a well oiled machine, and all language barriers have been overcome.
  • Comm Links - Your team somehow managed to find a bunch of comm links, enough for themselves and any henchmen they might find/hire.
  • Psychic Shield - Your team has paid someone to give them a psychic shield. This protects against mind reading, being located telepathically, etc. Telepaths will have to actually be able to see your team to target them with telepathic assaults. Note: This does not protect against anything stronger than basic mind reading.

Items:

• Ring of Shocking - Any melee strikes by your character, including with melee weapons, will generate a shock equal to that of a taser or stun gun.
  • Ring of Regeneration - Character gains regeneration. Cannot regen limbs, but it can regenerate someone from death. I'll provide feats for this if needed.
  • Bracer of Daggers - Instantly conjures a dagger into the user's hand(s). Provides a limitless source of daggers. The biggest bonus is it conjures the daggers with a thought, which means anyone who throws weapons
  • Ring of Free Movement - Characer will be unaffected by any movement impairing effects.
  • Jarlaxle's Eyepatch - Character is immune to any and all mental assaults, magical, psionic, etc. None of it will effect them. It also allows the wearer to see through illusions, and see invisible opponents.
  • Wand of Lightning - Has 3 charges, it creates a lightning bolt upon command. Great for marksman.
  • Obsidian Steed - Summons an 800 pound Hell-Horse for someone to ride on. It has some flight and levitation.
  • Bane's Venom - Character can use Bane's durability and strength feats instead of their own. I won't provide these for you, I'm sure there is a respect thread somewhere.
  • Fenrir - Cloud's motorcycle from Final Fantasy 7. It's very fast, extremely durable, and whoever uses it will be assumed they are trained with it. It has compartments for weapon storage in it, and they will be assumed to be tailored to whichever character you have using it. I will provide feats for this if needed.

Henchmen:

Henchmen are first come first serve. If you don't have feats for the character, or don't know where to get them, then ask. I will PM you all their feats if needed.

Your characters can only use what they have used by feats. So no taking one of the D&D characters I provide and posting what the D&D Player's Handbook says a cleric, or wizard, or whatever can do with spells. You only get feats from what they have done, which means if they haven't done something, don't assume they can do it out of reason.

The Man with No Name (Clint Eastwood) - Quick draw marksman, carries a revolver and a long barrel rifle. I will provide movie clips if you need them, but you can provide any novel and comic book feats if you have them as well.

Kimuriel (Sellsword Trilogy) - Psionicist. Can create barriers around up to one other team mate to give him extra protection against attacks, can create telepathic links, shield himself against telepathic attacks, can explode objects with his mind if someone is close enough, etc.

Ryld Argith (War of the Spider Queen) - Skilled fighter, wears very protective armor, and uses a sword with near limitless cutting power. He has centuries of training and experience beneath his belt. Very strong melee character.

Forgath (Goblins) - Cleric. He's an okay fighter, he wears a suit of platemail, and he can do some spells including holding spells, healing spells, and some offensive. Wields a mace and shield.

Elektra (Marvel) - Gets both her sais. She's skilled, a great stealth artist, and pretty smart.

Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy 7 Compilation, no Dead Fantasy Feats) - Great hand to hand combatant, she's fast, strong, durable, and extremely capable. Also a great wilderness survival character.

Peter Petreli (Heroes, Season 3-4) - He starts with flight, and has the ability to mimic one power set at a time upon touch. This isn't Peter at the height of his powers.

Sango (Inuyasha) (Pre-Anti Demon Weapon) - Great sword fighter, throws a huge boomerang, and has a lot of survival skills and training to fall back on.

Saeko (Highschool of the Dead) - Manga or Anime version. Gets a real katana and a training sword. She's smart, capable, and extremely well skilled.

T-800 (Terminator) - Gets no weapons, and this is the original. He doesn't get the nuclear power core, just him from the first two movies. Comic and movie feats apply.

Pets

Anyone can take these any number of times. If you wanna keep taking the same one over and over again to amass a small army, have at it. I can provide feats if needed.

They are assumed to be trained to work with you, and are absolute when listening to orders.

Xenomorph Drone - You get a single Xenomorph drone. You can use all feats from all types of drones for this one (Drone, Warriors, Dog Warrior, no Predalien or Hybrid Alien, or obviously Queen). I will provide movie feats, but if you have comic feats or novel feats, have at it.

Two Facehuggers - Can use all feats from the Aliens movies for them. They are pretty much worthless...so why take them? If you advance to the next round, you will lose the facehuggers, but will gain two Xenomorph drones in their place. This is a decent advantage I would say.

Two Marines - They have M16 rifles, have standard training, a Beretta M9, a single flash-bang grenade, and a fragmentation grenade. Trained to work in all environments. Use any and all marine feats you can find on the internet.

Four Trained Wolves - You get three trained hunting wolves. Use any and all wolf feats you can find for them (real world wolf feats).

Ten Bat Familiars - These things act as scouts, they constantly scout and report the battlefield for your team. You can choose where to send them and can command them. You cannot, however, use them to telepathically relay messages between team members.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#2 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Open Slots - Any number. As many people can join this tournament as they want.

1.@cadencev2

• Leader: Aria
  • Predator Smiley
  • Doom Guy
  • Liara
  • Boost: T-800 Henchmen

2. @esquire

• Wolverine
  • Fantomex
  • Psylocke
  • Archangel
  • Boost: Elektra Henchmen

3. @juiceboks

• Father Anderson (Pre-Nail)
  • Cable (With Guns and Slide)
  • Legion (Mass Effect)
  • Shaman
  • Boost: None yet

4. @pierpat

• Tigirius (40K)
  • Titus (40K)
  • Bartimeus of Uruk
  • Farqual
  • Boost: Ring of Regeneration

5. @jwalser3

• Green Arrow (Pre-52)
  • Katana (Pre-52)
  • Daredevil
  • Canary
  • Boost: Xenomorph Drone

6. @dextersinister

• Jesse Custer
  • AoA Blink (No tele-kill)
  • New 52 Superboy
  • Zetsu
  • Boost: Kimuriel, fo now

7. @omgomgwtfwtf

• Maka Albarn
  • Soul Eater Evans
  • Ultear Miklovich
  • Medusa
  • Boost: Tifa Lockhart Henchmen

8. @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk

• Sixsix
  • Sevenseven
  • Rook
  • Six (Generator Rex)
  • Boost: Psychic Shield

9. @sovereign91001

• Kakashi Hatake
  • Punisher 2099
  • New 52 Black Canary
  • Jean Grey (No TK)
  • Boost: Jarlaxle's Eyepatch

10. @youngjustice

• New 52 Nightwing
  • Akame
  • Mein
  • Sports Master (Young Justice)

11. @batatest

• Dust
  • Faiza Hussain
  • Mystique
  • Lady Mastermind
  • Boost: Ring of Free Movement

12. @18hunt

• Wrath
  • Spider Monkey
  • Kevin Levin
  • Vilgax
  • Boost: Xenomorph

13. @bluelantern1995

• Professor Xavier
  • Forge
  • Leo Valdez
  • Grover Underwood

14. @fetts

• Deathstroke (Pre-52)
  • General Grievous
  • Data
  • Alpha (EU)
  • Boost: Jarlaxle's Eyepatch

15. @kario1

• Leader: Ra's al Ghul
  • Beast Boy
  • Green Arrow (Pending, only New-52 open)
  • Azrael (Jean-Paul Valley)

16. @thedarklordpandamonium

• Necron Overlord
  • Captain America (616)
  • Hawkeye (616)
  • Mesmero (with Suit)
  • Boost: Ryld Argith

17. @jokergeist

• Screaming Mantis
  • Laughing Octopus
  • Raging Raven
  • Crying Wolf
  • Boost: Pending

18. @dccomicsrule2011

• Tsukune Aono (Rosario+Vampire)
  • Moka Akashiya (Rosario+Vampire)
  • Kurumu Kurono (Rosario+Vampire)
  • Batman (pre new 52)
  • Boost: Pending

19. @derfel

20. @diredrill

• Mitchel Hundred (Ex Machina)
  • Mysterio
  • Shriek (Batman Beyond)
  • Daken
  • Boost: Bat Familiars

21.@theonetaichou

• 1: Yu Law (movie the ONE)
  • 2: Lucy (Elfien Lied end of series)
  • 3: Alakazam (Pokemon series including the anime and games, full strength and training)
  • 4:Tom Marvolo Riddle
  • Boost: Peter Petrelli

22. @sherlock

• Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) Pistol Magnum knife sunglasses
  • Hei (Darker than Black) knives wire trench coat
  • Zabuza (Naruto) sword shurekins kunai
  • Pending
  • Boost:Phychic eyepatch (Psypatch) for Zabuza

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: What about weapon limits? I love to use a guy with a Thunder Hammer and Dual Bolt Pistols. Thunder Hammer increases in power to squish 30 toners with a swing. Do I get that weapon? Or Power Weapons that can cut through anything not empowered with a energy field?

Can I carry something more powerful than a RPG weapon wise?

#4 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: As it stands....

Leader: Inquisitor Delius

Punisher Max

Roland Deschain

Ultimate Hawkeye

I want T-800 Henchmen

I want 2 Marines as Pets lol.

#5 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: What about weapon limits? I love to use a guy with a Thunder Hammer and Dual Bolt Pistols. Thunder Hammer increases in power to squish 30 toners with a swing. Do I get that weapon? Or Power Weapons that can cut through anything not empowered with a energy field?

Can I carry something more powerful than a RPG weapon wise?

RPG weapon is the limit. If an RPG would destroy those 30 tonners, then that would be the limit. Slashing/cutting power I'm okay with being nigh limitless though. As long as it doesn't have range like Sephiroth's sweeping attacks.

However, if it comes up against something else that has been stated as nigh-indestructible I would say it's reasonable to assume it could block it without an energy field (adamantium, or something magically made nigh-indestructible like an Uru magic weapon or whatever).

I mean, the limits aren't perfect, but with what has been provided I think you should have a reasonable idea of the power level I'm looking for.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: alright then I am locked with my team.

#7 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: As it stands....

Leader: Inquisitor Delius

Punisher Max

Roland Deschain

Ultimate Hawkeye

I want T-800 Henchmen

I want 2 Marines as Pets lol.

You get 1 bonus. So either a henchmen, an item, a team perk, or pets.

And I've met marines that are just like pets, except for treats you give them alcohol and cigarettes...at least in my experience :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#8 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Got ya. I take T-800. I just got my Terminato Omnibus lol.

Also yes, with Alcohol and Cigs Marines will do just about anything lol.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Juiceboks (8538 posts) - - Show Bio

Father Anderson(Hellsing)

Cable(With guns and Body Slide)

Green Goblin

Shaman(Marvel)

What're the stipulations with teleporting?

#11 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Father Anderson(Hellsing)

Cable(With guns and Body Slide)

Green Goblin

Shaman(Marvel)

What're the stipulations with teleporting?

Teleport as far as you can see. How's that?

Anderson has to be Pre-Nail of Helena

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#12 Posted by Juiceboks (8538 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay Makes perfect sense. And of course. Also for Cable, if I use him without the T.O virus granted he will be limited down to the aforementioned restrictions. But does that apply to his more minute control over his TK and the "smaller" things he did with it? Ex: Giving himself a healing factor at Deadpools level.

#13 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay Makes perfect sense. And of course. Also for Cable, if I use him without the T.O virus granted he will be limited down to the aforementioned restrictions. But does that apply to his more minute control over his TK and the "smaller" things he did with it? Ex: Giving himself a healing factor at Deadpools level.

As long as he's within the limits, he's fine. However, certain incarnations of Cable are well above the TK limit. I think his classic era through even Cable & Deadpool he was right around the 5 ton limit. But Strife as well as his more powerful incarnations blew that limitation away, so no using those verisons.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#14 Posted by HigorM (3736 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto @higorm @esquire I know you all use this level of Characters.

for sure! But I have no idea about who to pick, I have to read it again and then make my choices.. (i´m trying to use different characters)..

#15 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

@floopay I'll take the Uncanny X-Force:

Fantomex

Psylocke

Wolverine

Archangel

I'll take Elektra as my henchman. She's a good enough replacement for Deadpool, I guess.

Xenomorph Drone for my Pet. Can it be affected telepathically?

I want Psychic Shield for my Team Perk.

Do I pick the individual perk now?

You get 1 bonus before each round. Not 1 of each, just to clarify :)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#17 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Just realized that. Edited, I'm taking Elektra.

#19 Posted by Pierpat (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my team:

Leader: Captain Sicarius(Various warhammer 40k books)

Titus(from Warhammer 40,000:Space Marine, but only if i can use general marine feats from books and codexes on him)

Bartimeus of Uruk(Bartimeus trilogy)

Farqual (Bartimeus trilogy)

As a boost I'll take the psychic shield.

#20 Edited by HigorM (3736 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

Leader - Cyclops

Emma Frost

Storm

Magik

Henchmen - Peter Petreli

#21 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Does Mach 1 Speed mena Travel Speed or Combat Speed? Alot of guys are Mach 2 in Combat Speed and Reaction Speed.

#22 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Also does things like Power Armour, Master chief Shields, ect count to druability?

#23 Posted by HigorM (3736 posts) - - Show Bio

crap, esquire got archangel first!

#24 Posted by Pierpat (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Also does things like Power Armour, Master chief Shields, ect count to druability?

If they do, i'm eager to exchange my SM's power armour for a scout armour, that would fit in the rules.

#25 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Yes it would.

I on the other hand rather have Power Armour lol.

#26 Edited by HigorM (3736 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay Storm is okay or it´s too much?

If not you can change it to Pixie.

#27 Posted by Pierpat (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Yes it would.

I on the other hand rather have Power Armour lol.

LoL, lets see what op says

#28 Edited by boschePG (2277 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Ill play but can I bid Hawkeye 616 and give you the rest of my team later

#29 Edited by Dextersinister (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I'll come up with a team but I'll grab Kimuriel before the henchmen are grabbed up

I'm familiar with psionics but do you have a list of his known spells?

I'll use New 52 Superboy, his TK has been measured at just over 3t's he simply has very fine control, any use over the limit has been a plot induced one so unusable in a battle.

#30 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay Anime Team for me. Let me know if any of these characters are too OP.

1. Maka Albarn (team leader)

2. Soul Eater Evans (i don't know if he should count as a separate team member from Maka, since they are weapon and meister)

3. Ultear Milkovich

4. Medusa

As for equipment I guess I will take Tifa Lockhart.

#31 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Just so y'all know what's bid and what isn't, I have Hawkeye 616, Claire from Claymore, Midnighter (powers limited to the limits), and Mesmero.

#32 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat said:

@cadencev2 said:

If they do, i'm eager to exchange my SM's power armour for a scout armour, that would fit in the rules.

OP says that with equipment, they can't have durability higher than plated steel, so repeated assault rifle fire will penetrate it.

#33 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: BoschePG already asked for 616 Hawkeye above you. Floopay usually doesn't like nerfing characters, either, so I would have a backup ready for Midnighter.

#34 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4232 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, Esquire took Fantomex and Wolverine first...

@floopay Since you said telepaths of any level are okay can I have Jean Grey?

Leader: Kakashi Hatake

Punisher 2099

Batman Beyond (I'd like to have him in contact with Bruce if possible)

Bonus: Jaraxle's Eyepatch

#35 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9911 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay

Nicholas(Gangsta)

Komachi(Terra Formars)

Shizuo(Durarara!)

Hajime(Beelzebub)

Henchmen: Lol, the only one i know enough about to talk with is Sango

I'll take the psyhcic shield

Jarlaxle's Eyepatch

#36 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@floopay: Does Mach 1 Speed mena Travel Speed or Combat Speed? Alot of guys are Mach 2 in Combat Speed and Reaction Speed.

That means top speed. If the character can move (excluding teleportation) faster than Mach 1, whether it is combat or not, then they cannot be used.

@pierpat said:
@cadencev2 said:

I covered this in the "Extended Durability" section of the OP. Base durability no higher than regular steel sheets, extended durability no higher than regular steel plating. And I've given extended descriptions as to what that means

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#37 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm: @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

If you like a henchmen by description, and want them, but don't have any feats for them. I already stated in the OP I will provide you with a PM of all the character feats. For example, if you wanted Kimuriel, or Forgath, I will send you all their feats.

Emma Frost and Storm break the limits. Emma Frost's durability is too high, and Jean Grey

Damn, Esquire took Fantomex and Wolverine first...

@floopay Since you said telepaths of any level are okay can I have Jean Grey?

Leader: Kakashi Hatake

Punisher 2099

Batman Beyond (I'd like to have him in contact with Bruce if possible)

Bonus: Jaraxle's Eyepatch

Jean Grey's telekinesis is too much from what I remember.

And no contact with Bruce, if you look at how this tournament is set up there is no outside help for your team.

@boschepg said:

@floopay: Ill play but can I bid Hawkeye 616 and give you the rest of my team later

Hawkeye 616 reserved for you.

@floopay: I'll come up with a team but I'll grab Kimuriel before the henchmen are grabbed up

I'm familiar with psionics but do you have a list of his known spells?

I'll use New 52 Superboy, his TK has been measured at just over 3t's he simply has very fine control, any use over the limit has been a plot induced one so unusable in a battle.

Kimuriel, as of now, can meld into stone, erect kinetic barriers (which not only protect against attacks, but if a person is cut fatally, he won't bleed out unless it's a full severance), conjure portals, read minds, erect a short barrier around himself to shield against all psionics, has clairvoyance, and I think that's about it. He's also a drow, so he can cast darkness 4 times a day with a thought (20 foot globe of complete darkness) on an object, person, or himself, has ultravision (sees at night as if it's daytime), can levitate (also through some equipment), and a few other nice and wacky things.

@floopay Anime Team for me. Let me know if any of these characters are too OP.

1. Maka Albarn (team leader)

2. Soul Eater Evans (i don't know if he should count as a separate team member from Maka, since they are weapon and meister)

3. Ultear Milkovich

4. Medusa

As for equipment I guess I will take psychic shields.

Normally I would allow Maka/Soul Eater as one pick, but at this low level of a tournament, I think it'd be more fair if I made you take them separately, if that's okay with you.

Psychic Shield? Really? With Maka and Soul Eater?

Just so y'all know what's bid and what isn't, I have Hawkeye 616, Claire from Claymore, Midnighter (powers limited to the limits), and Mesmero.

Boschepg called Hawkeye already, Claire is way too powerful, Midnighter I dunno much about so I can't comment, and I dunno much about Mesmero either. So you can have Midnighter and Mesmero unless someone can provide me reasons they would be above the limits.

As for the rest of you:

Gimme a bit, updating the teams right now.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#38 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: So would that disallow characters like Wolverine whos Combat speed is faster than assault rifle fire (which is past Mach 1) as well Hawkeye and Roland who move their arms faster than the human eye can see (over Mach 1) ?

So far I see Father Anderson.

My 2 Guys Roland and Hawkeye.

Kakashi.

Wolverine.

Arguably Psylock.

And Maka sure seems to be Above Mach Speeds in Combat Speed.

When going with Mach 1 Speed you eliminate alot of guys as Bullet Dodging and throwing attacks in blurs is a stable of Street Levlers. Your seem to be going for straight Low level Street guys right? (Thus my original team of basic guys)

#39 Posted by Dextersinister (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I think it's speed so you could potentially have a low level speedster.

#40 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: So would that disallow characters like Wolverine whos Combat speed is faster than assault rifle fire (which is past Mach 1) as well Hawkeye and Roland who move their arms faster than the human eye can see (over Mach 1) ?

So far I see Father Anderson.

My 2 Guys Roland and Hawkeye.

Kakashi.

Wolverine.

Arguably Psylock.

And Maka sure seems to be Above Mach Speeds in Combat Speed.

When going with Mach 1 Speed you eliminate alot of guys as Bullet Dodging and throwing attacks in blurs is a stable of Street Levlers. Your seem to be going for straight Low level Street guys right? (Thus my original team of basic guys)

People really overestimate speed on comicvine, and can't truly comprehend how fast things really are.

Father Anderson is not faster than bullets, I can provide a dozen or more feats myself proving that he's not hypersonic

As for quick draws, no, they don't break the sound barrier. There is no sonic boom from them moving their arms, and they don't move their limbs beyond the speed of sound. If they could move their hands at the speed of sound, he could draw his weapon, and holster it at LEAST 900 times in the span of one second.

I don't even know who Kakashi is.

Wolverine is not mach speed. At Mach 1, he would be able to run the entire length of football field three times in the span of one second, and still have time to spare.

Not arguably psylocke.

How is Maka above Mach Speed? Is it because she's completely outclassed by all the Soul Eater speedsters? Or is it because on panel it was proven that she can only run about 28 mph in a full sprint? Even when flying with Soul Eater, she's never been hinted at being Mach 1.

You know what else looks like a blur to the human eye? Cars, baseballs, and pretty much anything that moves 10% the speed of sound or faster. Which is well below the speed of sound.

You don't need to be hypersonic to dodge bullets, you just have to stay outside of their trajectory. If you're not within the line of trajectory for your opponents projectile, then it doesn't matter how fast you are, because it CAN'T hit you. All you have to do is stay ahead of, out of, or behind a person's aim and you can dodge gunfire. Even after a bullet has been fired, if someone is already in motion they usually have 0.1 to 0.2 seconds to get out of it's trajectory, and considering a bullet has a hit radius of 5mm-9mm, which is less than a centimeter, it's not that difficult.

Especially considering the fact that there's a person on the other end trying to aim at something moving and has to hit somebody with something smaller than the size of a dime.

Again, people really really overestimate character speeds on this site.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#41 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: You said combat speed and Travel speed.

Wolverine cannot run Mach 1 at all. He attacks and dodges at those speeds when guns firring over 1300 FPS bullets (Over Mach1) at wolverine and he dodges them while the bullets are in modflight. That is over Mach 1 Combat Speed.

He attacks with After Images of 4-5 sets of claws! Which is Mach Speeds. This been always debated this way as why Wolverine can keep up with spider Man who is also above Mach 1 Speed.

Kakashi is one of the top Ninjas in Naruto and has a Eye that mind rapes you.

You stated Sonic Booms are not observed.... well neither is 5.56 rounds that fire at near Mach 2 in speed from a rifle barrel before slowing down in flight.

Same with Yuske in our debate, no Sonic Booms but clearly mach 5+ in feats.

How is Make slower than Black Star who you said is faster than Lasers! If she is so slow then she would never stand a chance where Black Star or Death the Kid failed. Maka be Speed Blitz every second right?

You have to be Mach Speeds and near Hyper Sonic to leave After Images.

Wolverine has done this many times in comics with his claws. Its a fact. Anyway if it gets brought up in debates (which it will) then I will leave you with the decisions.

#42 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: You said combat speed and Travel speed.

Wolverine cannot run Mach 1 at all. He attacks and dodges at those speeds when guns firring over 1300 FPS bullets (Over Mach1) at wolverine and he dodges them while the bullets are in modflight. That is over Mach 1 Combat Speed.

He attacks with After Images of 4-5 sets of claws! Which is Mach Speeds. This been always debated this way as why Wolverine can keep up with spider Man who is also above Mach 1 Speed.

Kakashi is one of the top Ninjas in Naruto and has a Eye that mind rapes you.

You stated Sonic Booms are not observed.... well neither is 5.56 rounds that fire at near Mach 2 in speed from a rifle barrel before slowing down in flight.

Same with Yuske in our debate, no Sonic Booms but clearly mach 5+ in feats.

How is Make slower than Black Star who you said is faster than Lasers! If she is so slow then she would never stand a chance where Black Star or Death the Kid failed. Maka be Speed Blitz every second right?

You have to be Mach Speeds and near Hyper Sonic to leave After Images.

Wolverine has done this many times in comics with his claws. Its a fact. Anyway if it gets brought up in debates (which it will) then I will leave you with the decisions.

Wolverine can't move at sonic speeds, he can't break the sound barrier. That's a fact. Can he dodge things moving at hypersonic speeds? Yes, but again, that's a matter of trajectory, and if he's already in motion then dodging something is much much easier. He's not over Mach 1 combat speed, unless you can provide me feats showing otherwise, I refuse to even acknowledge he is. I still have my digital Wolverine collection (one of the few comic series I still have since my external crapped out), and none of the 800 issues in it have him moving at hypersonic speeds.

Spider Man is not hypersonic either.

I have no idea who Kakashi is, show me some feats and I can approve or disapprove him.

I've read Yu Yu, and I don't really see anything that puts him at hypersonic, at least not up to Volume 10, which is where I'm at. Again, people drastically overestimate characters, and underestimate what Mach 1 truly is.

No you don't. I can create after images by wiggling a pencil. It has nothing to do with speed, it has to do with the way your mind and eyes register light, which can be tricked pretty easily by fluctuating speed. It has NOTHING to do with speed, in fact, if something were moving FASTER then it wouldn't leave after images, your eyes and brain simply wouldn't register that it was there. That's a common misconception about speed on comic vine.

It's hard to display on video, because of how a camera picks up light and because a camera displays things based on frames per second, and etc. But this gives the same general idea, he's not even wiggling that thing at over 5 miles per hour, yet he's creating after images.

I can prove, with science, that After Images are actually a side effect from adjusting one's speed and actually avoiding moving at higher speeds. Because if someone's brain can't register something location, then it doesn't leave an after image, it leaves a blur.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#43 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: changed my choice from psionic shields to Tifa Lockhart.

#44 Posted by YoungJustice (6796 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Fan Fic characters allowed?

That depends. Fan Fic as in from a real series. Yes.

Fan Fic as in from short stories, no.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#47 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@youngjustice said:

@floopay: Fan Fic characters allowed?

That depends. Fan Fic as in from a real series. Yes.

Fan Fic as in from short stories, no.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fan Fic as in people who can't get published and write a story arc for a major company so they do it online .

Again, as long as it's from a series and not from a one shot short story, and as long as their within the limits, and consistent with their feats. I have no problem with it. I even put in a goblinscomic character as a henchmen here, and that's pure fanfic.

As long as it's not written by yourself. As a rule, I couldn't allow that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#48 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

Just to prove a point on your wrongness on Yu Yu speeds and Sonic Booms.

The issue of all the possible conditions of eyesight.

And finally the issue of whether this is just an outlier or not. I'll try to address them the best I can. I feel that this feat is simply different enough from the usual disappear from sight trope to be worth calculating, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

At any rate, on to the actual calculation.

================================================== =.

The feat is by Hiei during the Dark Tournament semi-finals. He blitzes Makintaro so badly that to his eyes, Hiei never even moved.

To make this simple, Hiei would need to travel to Makintaro, cut off his arm, and go back to his original position before Makintaro's eyes could even get a trace of him. To get the time frame, I used

this site

. Basically what the site says is that under ideal conditions a human eye can see something at 220 fps. It also confirms that it's possible to "Identify" at 300 fps. The site says that at 500 fps it would be impossible to see the object (Though I'm sure if it were something huge it would be a different story, Hiei's not a very big guy.).

So based off the numbers given by that site, for the low-end I'll use 301 fps (To get past 300) and for high I'll use 500. To clarify though, the conditions are more than ideal for Makintaro to spot Hiei in this situation. Not only is the majority of Hiei's design black, but the background is a light color as well. He was looking at him the whole time so there's pretty much no chance of a distraction. Kuwabara was also unable to see and the crowd didn't seem to notice either. This reduces the chance of Makintaro blinking significantly. There are lots of factors in human eyesight, but in this case I think it checks out fine.

As for the issue of Makintaro's reaction speed, despite being a demon, he was very weak. The weakest on his team, which was mostly made up of weak demons that relied on their items to be strong. So in truth, Makintaro is actually perfect for this calculation. He has zero reaction/speed feats, and we have no reason to believe he's any different from the other big, weak, and slow demons (Such as Goki, Genbu, Byakko etc.).

Finally, there's the distance Hiei traveled. We can see that there are two tiles between Makintaro and Hiei. As luck would have it, after Makintaro's death he is seen lying out on the ring, so I can scale from that.

Spoiler:

One tile is 187.8 Pixels, while Makintaro's total height is 154 pixels. I'll give Makintaro the average height of 1.77 m (Which is very generous given his obvious size.).

187.8 / 154 = 1.22 * 1.77 = 2.16 m. That's the length of one tile. Hiei traveled a total of four tiles before Makintaro could track him (By moving two tiles to Makintaro, then two back to his original position.), so 2.16 * 4 =

8.64 m

Finally, we get to the actual range. For 301 fps reaction speed (Low-end)...

1 / 301 = .0033 s

8.64 / .0033 =

2,618.18 m/s

For 500 fps reaction speed (High-end)...

1 / 500 = .002 s

8.64 / .002 =

4,320 m/s

So the range is

2,618.18 - 4,320 m/s

for Semi-Final Dark Tournament Hiei's movement speed. Keep in mind he's only at 60-70% youki here too.

Lets say average of 3000 M/S that translate to Mach 10.167892237.

Where is the sonic Boom? Maybe the Writer and artist never accounted for it? Fact is Math does not lie.

Spiderman has straight up dodge gunfire after it was fires from a Hunting Rifle by Kraven, proving near Mach 2 Speeds. Just saying.

#49 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Hard to say the speed Hiei goes in that scan. Assuming they are 50 meters apart, he crossed a distance of 50 meters, cut it's hand off, and then was back in an undefined period of time. Half a second maybe? At Mach 1 he would have crossed that distance in 0.14 seconds, and crossed back in that same time, so 0.28 seconds taken in travel time. A person's limbs can move in short bursts faster than they can move their body (fact), which means 0.22 seconds to account for swing speed and snatching the arm doesn't seem unreasonable.

It takes the average human brain 0.2 5seconds to comprehend something, and peak human is about 0.18 seconds. So he could have very well accomplished that very same task at Mach 2. The human eye can comprehend at 220 fps, but the human eye can also be tricked. Plain and simply, just like the rubber pencil trick, if something leaves it's location, and arrives back at the same location before human comprehension takes place, your brain doesn't even register that something happened. In order to comprehend a change of 220 fps, an object requires motion and has to be within site long enough for the brain to comprehend it. You can even see a hypersonic plane because of how far in the air it is, and the fact that you can view the area in which it travels across. However, if a musket was fired 10 meters from your face at a board right next to you, your brain wouldn't comprehend the bulelt (assuming you didn't blank).

Spider Man has a couple outlier speed feats, which can easily be discounted by a stack of feats a mile high showing his real combat and movement speed. When racing from one location to the next, he rarely moves faster than a speeding car. And he has precognition which warns him just before it's fired, and distance is a huge factor. From 100 yards away, he would have 0.25 seconds to react before the bullet even reached him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#50 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@cadencev2:

Hard to say the speed Hiei goes in that scan. Assuming they are 50 meters apart, he crossed a distance of 50 meters, cut it's hand off, and then was back in an undefined period of time. Half a second maybe? At Mach 1 he would have crossed that distance in 0.14 seconds, and crossed back in that same time, so 0.28 seconds taken in travel time. A person's limbs can move in short bursts faster than they can move their body (fact), which means 0.22 seconds to account for swing speed and snatching the arm doesn't seem unreasonable.

It takes the average human brain 0.2 5seconds to comprehend something, and peak human is about 0.18 seconds. So he could have very well accomplished that very same task at Mach 2. The human eye can comprehend at 220 fps, but the human eye can also be tricked. Plain and simply, just like the rubber pencil trick, if something leaves it's location, and arrives back at the same location before human comprehension takes place, your brain doesn't even register that something happened. In order to comprehend a change of 220 fps, an object requires motion and has to be within site long enough for the brain to comprehend it. You can even see a hypersonic plane because of how far in the air it is, and the fact that you can view the area in which it travels across. However, if a musket was fired 10 meters from your face at a board right next to you, your brain wouldn't comprehend the bulelt (assuming you didn't blank).

Spider Man has a couple outlier speed feats, which can easily be discounted by a stack of feats a mile high showing his real combat and movement speed. When racing from one location to the next, he rarely moves faster than a speeding car. And he has precognition which warns him just before it's fired, and distance is a huge factor. From 100 yards away, he would have 0.25 seconds to react before the bullet even reached him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

You ignore size as well. i been doing research and a Bullet is Invisible due to its size and speed. Hiei is 1000s time larger and thus the standard 240 FPS of a target that large is increased.

Airforce are still doing the studies. As it stand that match is pretty accurate.

we can go on days. You dont believe and thats fine. I think more than half the speed calcs on various sites back Hyper Sonic Speeds.

We will agree to disagree.