#1 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

What would happen if the Flash tried to catch the Gingerbread Man?

#2 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Funniest...thread...I ever saw..."

I'm glad someone liked it.

#3 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Funniest...thread...I ever saw...

#4 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84513 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahaha, thats funny.

#5 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says it'd create another Crisis type event, and destroy the universe.

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Dare I say it? Gingerbread Man > Flash

What about Zoom? He's not fast, he just messes with time.

#7 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Dare I say it? Gingerbread Man > Flash What about Zoom? He's not fast, he just messes with time."

But he still shouldn't be able to catch him, no matter what.

And I agree, Gingerbread man outruns Flash. That's it, I'm making a character for him......

#8 Posted by G-Man (30618 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"G-Man says it'd create another Crisis type event, and destroy the universe."

Yeah. Just as DC started bringing back the other Earth's, this would cause them all to go away. "Crisis on Gingerbreadic Earths."

Staff
#9 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"G-Man says it'd create another Crisis type event, and destroy the universe."
Yeah. Just as DC started bringing back the *other* Earth's, this would cause them all to go away. "Crisis on Gingerbreadic Earths."
" />http://www.sharptattoos.com/color/gingerbread-man.jpg"

Well said. Well said indeed G-Man.

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gingerbread man owns the Flash.

#11 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

And I quote: "Run, run, run! As fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!"

No matter how much Flash runs, he can't catch him.

#12 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"And I quote: "*Run, run, run! As fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!*" No matter how much Flash runs, he can't catch him."

You are the man for remembering that.

#13 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter how fast you run the ginger bread man will run ten times faster.

#14 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gingerbread man is the shit. Didn't you guys (with the exception of you Mega) see Shrek? Gingy owns.

#15 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:
"And I quote: "*Run, run, run! As fast as you can! You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!*" No matter how much Flash runs, he can't catch him."
You are the man for remembering that."

I'm the werewolf. It's ok. common mistake lol jk but seriously, the story is law.

#16 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cryo-Wolf says:
You are the man for remembering that."
I'm the *werewolf*. It's ok. common mistake lol jk but seriously, the story is law."

Exactly. Marvel should claim him to counter Flash.

#17 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gingerbread man is the shit. Didn't you guys (with the exception of you Mega) see Shrek? Gingy owns."

I did. But remember, he had his legs removed, so that he would reveal that the fairy tale creatures where hiding with the wife of the Muffin Man.

#18 Posted by Lady Winter (277 posts) - - Show Bio

The muffin man?

#19 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

ALAS IT IS WITH GREATEST SORROW THAT I MUST CONFESS FLASH CANNOT CATCH THE GINGERBREAD ONLT THE FOX CAN

#20 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even the surfer could hope to catch the ginger bread man because he'll just move ten times faster than the surfer. Same goes for everyone else.
Post Edited:2007-07-19 18:44:49

#21 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Where'd this "ten times faster" thing come from?

#22 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

He has proven himself uncatachable unless you outwit him. And he always seems to outdistance his pursuer by a lot.

#23 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because he's not getting caught doesn't mean he's 10 times faster.

#24 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Even faster =

#25 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

He may never catch him, but he'll never give up.

#26 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm afraid Mega is wrong. Surfer could catch GBM on a loophole. "Run run run as fast as you can...." Well, Surfer's flying. It only works one way, and that's if you're running.

#27 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was a kid, we had a record and he said "Catch me, catch me if you can, I can run faster than anyone can!" But what would happen if he was cloned? Who'd win?

#28 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"When I was a kid, we had a record and he said "Catch me, catch me if you can, I can run faster than anyone can!" But what would happen if he was cloned? Who'd win?"

The first one. The clone's just a pale imitation.

#29 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Superkitty says:
"When I was a kid, we had a record and he said "Catch me, catch me if you can, I can run faster than anyone can!" But what would happen if he was cloned? Who'd win?"

The first one. The clone's just a pale imitation."

I was thinking along the lines of a perfect clone, like a replicator, or just bake another batch.

#30 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"Forever says:
"Superkitty says:
The first one. The clone's just a pale imitation."
I was thinking along the lines of a perfect clone, like a replicator, or just bake another batch. "

I know. I was just joking around, because if it was a perfect clone, no matter which one was being chased, he couldn't be caught. No one can catch the gingerbread man

#31 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess the Gingerbread Man has two velocities, his normal Velocity (V) and Being Chased Velocity (BCV). The clone's velocity will be CV and his being chased velocity CBCV. We'll assume BCV > V and CBCV > CV. This resolves the paradox of him being cloned and his clone making the same assertions as he (if they're both the same how could one run faster than the other?). But if they both say they can't get caught, and they are the same, we can conclude that the velocity of the original is the same as the clone, or BCV = CBCV. So if one chases the other (V < BCV, which equals CBCV, therefore V < CBCV ; CV < CBCV which equals BCV, therefore CV < BCV) or if they both chase each other, they'll remain equidistant from each other therefore they can both assert that nobody can catch them. Q.E.D.

If you want the Gingerbread man to make a quick delivery, just make sure the Flash is chasing him. This also explains why he doesn't seem so fast when nobody is chasing him. His power only works if he's being chased.

#32 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"I guess the Gingerbread Man has two velocities, his normal Velocity (V) and Being Chased Velocity (BCV). The clone's velocity will be CV and his being chased velocity CBCV. We'll assume BCV > V and CBCV > CV. This resolves the paradox of him being cloned and his clone making the same assertions as he (if they're both the same how could one run faster than the other?). But if they both say they can't get caught, and they are the same, we can conclude that the velocity of the original is the same as the clone, or BCV = CBCV. So if one chases the other (V < BCV, which equals CBCV, therefore V < CBCV ; CV < CBCV which equals BCV, therefore CV < BCV) or if they both chase each other, they'll remain equidistant from each other therefore they can both assert that nobody can catch them. Q.E.D.If you want the Gingerbread man to make a quick delivery, just make sure the Flash is chasing him. This also explains why he doesn't seem so fast when nobody is chasing him. His power only works if he's being chased. "

Good point, but if they're chasing each other, what happens if I walk up and attempt to eat one of them?

#33 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"I guess the Gingerbread Man has two velocities, his normal Velocity (V) and Being Chased Velocity (BCV). The clone's velocity will be CV and his being chased velocity CBCV. We'll assume BCV > V and CBCV > CV. This resolves the paradox of him being cloned and his clone making the same assertions as he (if they're both the same how could one run faster than the other?). But if they both say they can't get caught, and they are the same, we can conclude that the velocity of the original is the same as the clone, or BCV = CBCV. So if one chases the other (V < BCV, which equals CBCV, therefore V < CBCV ; CV < CBCV which equals BCV, therefore CV < BCV) or if they both chase each other, they'll remain equidistant from each other therefore they can both assert that nobody can catch them. Q.E.D. If you want the Gingerbread man to make a quick delivery, just make sure the Flash is chasing him. This also explains why he doesn't seem so fast when nobody is chasing him. His power only works if he's being chased. "

Exactly! And very well stated.

#34 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Superkitty says:
"I guess the Gingerbread Man has two velocities, his normal Velocity (V) and Being Chased Velocity (BCV). The clone's velocity will be CV and his being chased velocity CBCV. We'll assume BCV > V and CBCV > CV. This resolves the paradox of him being cloned and his clone making the same assertions as he (if they're both the same how could one run faster than the other?). But if they both say they can't get caught, and they are the same, we can conclude that the velocity of the original is the same as the clone, or BCV = CBCV. So if one chases the other (V < BCV, which equals CBCV, therefore V < CBCV ; CV < CBCV which equals BCV, therefore CV < BCV) or if they both chase each other, they'll remain equidistant from each other therefore they can both assert that nobody can catch them. Q.E.D. If you want the Gingerbread man to make a quick delivery, just make sure the Flash is chasing him. This also explains why he doesn't seem so fast when nobody is chasing him. His power only works if he's being chased. "

Exactly! And very well stated.

"

Yeah, but if they're chasing each other, then what happens if I chase one? Do his powers become nullified?

#35 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends how they are chasing each other. If it's a tight circle, you could grab one easily. They're not immune to stealth or trickery. If it's a bigger circle, they would about outlap you, and if you were smart you'd turn around and grab them (just don't chase them, or the chase would go the opposite direction).

I remember at one point in the story a bunch of villagers chasing after him, so I don't think having multiple chasers would nullify their powers - of course they were chasing him from one direction. I don't know what will happen if people try to chase him from opposite sides or multiple directions. I guess he'll still be faster, but this will just make him approach the chaser who is in front of him faster. But he'll probably somehow run between that person's legs if he can't change direction due to physical constraints or if he isn't smart enough or is too cocky.

#36 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he has no set speed, his power is being able to out run any persuer so a clone could not catch him nor could he catch the clone as its the fact that they are chased that gives them their speed. now, can anyone jump higher than the cow?

#37 Posted by Pie-Man (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"i think he has no set speed, his power is being able to out run any persuer so a clone could not catch him nor could he catch the clone as its the fact that they are chased that gives them their speed. now, can anyone jump higher than the cow?"

You mean the one that jumped over the moon?

#38 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah :)

#39 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, who would win, Trix Rabbit vs Gingerbread Man

#40 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

What if the Gingerbread man was chased by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police? For they "always get their man" and the Gingerbread Man is a man (I suppose he could change into the Gingerbread Woman)

#41 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"What if the Gingerbread man was chased by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police? For they "always get their man" and the Gingerbread Man is a man (I suppose he could change into the Gingerbread Woman)"

Good point. It ends in stalemate because violating both laws ends in the destruction of reality.

#42 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Ok, who would win, Trix Rabbit vs Gingerbread Man"

All the Gingerbread Man has to do is decorate himself with one of those Trix puffs (maybe a button or something) then the Trix rabbit would never get him. The poor rabbit never gets any Trix.

#43 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Ok, who would win, Trix Rabbit vs Gingerbread Man"
All the Gingerbread Man has to do is decorate himself with one of those Trix puffs (maybe a button or something) then the Trix rabbit would never get him. The poor rabbit never gets any Trix. "

Good point.

#44 Posted by Bright_Blade (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump