Flash vs Superman- Flash's true potential?

Zionis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zionis

Ok I know this has been done before but I just want to ask: If it would come to a fight between these 2 with no prep would the Flash really win?
Because this is basically what people who say that Flash would win say: Flash would steal Superman's speed and then IMP him.

But wouldnt Superman like fly away or something? I know, Flash is fast but I mena cmon its Superman it cant be so simple. Im not biased and I like both but it just seems weird to me that Flash would win so easily

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This has been done to death, but yes Flash would win. Some will disagree, but Flash is untouchable when he wants to be.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ximpossibrux

Flash can steal speed, so he can just touch Superman before he can even react and he's a statue. Then pound him with infinite mass punches.

I really think stealing speed is stupidly unreasonable.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SheenLantern

@zionis said:

But wouldnt Superman like fly away or something?

Ridiculous, Superman would be like a statue to Flash.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't stand how overpowered flash is.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dredeuced

In a comic, Superman would win. Superman is the symbol of the company and they wouldn't ever let Flash, one of their B-listers, straight beat him without plot contrivance.

Logically extrapolating their abilities, Flash should win. Superman has no counter to phasing or Speed Force BFR. And that's just new-52 Barry. Wally is even further out of his league, as even Jay Garrick has speed stolen Superman to beat him (in a race, admittedly) and Wally is the master of speed stealing. Wally's punches would definitely hurt Superman, as they have destroyed Anti Monitor armor, KO'd Mongul (who has similar durability to Supes) and KO'd Martians. And, as always, superman has no counters to Wally's phasing. Wally can also "reverse fly" by running faster than exit velocity and just running out of the atmosphere and into space. New-52 Barry has stated his explicit weakness to flying in JL, though his Speed Force BFR would probably render that moot.

That said, in Superman's encounters with the evil Reverse Flashes, both times Thawne and Zolomon straight embarrassed him and a few other JL members who were with him, so there is atleast some precedence to the point that Superman would have a hard time dealing with someone so fast.

Zionis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zionis

Ok thanks guys just waned to confirm this whole Flash vs Superman thing.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a comic, Superman would win. Superman is the symbol of the company and they wouldn't ever let Flash, one of their B-listers, straight beat him without plot contrivance.

Logically extrapolating their abilities, Flash should win. Superman has no counter to phasing or Speed Force BFR. And that's just new-52 Barry. Wally is even further out of his league, as even Jay Garrick has speed stolen Superman to beat him (in a race, admittedly) and Wally is the master of speed stealing. Wally's punches would definitely hurt Superman, as they have destroyed Anti Monitor armor, KO'd Mongul (who has similar durability to Supes) and KO'd Martians. And, as always, superman has no counters to Wally's phasing. Wally can also "reverse fly" by running faster than exit velocity and just running out of the atmosphere and into space. New-52 Barry has stated his explicit weakness to flying in JL, though his Speed Force BFR would probably render that moot.

That said, in Superman's encounters with the evil Reverse Flashes, both times Thawne and Zolomon straight embarrassed him and a few other JL members who were with him, so there is atleast some precedence to the point that Superman would have a hard time dealing with someone so fast.

QFT