Flash VS speed of thought

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is wally west with morals off, the guy who ran 13 trillion times faster than light vs the speed of thought. This goes from street levelers, bricks, telepaths and reality warpers just the same. Cause everyone thinks at the same speed unless specified in comics.

The only thing that matters in fights with Flash are reaction time, ability to not get your speed stolen and durability because of flash's speed and ability to IMP. So, whether you have 1 power or 50 powers it doesnt matter if those 50 powers dont include a fast enough reaction time, ability to not get your speed stolen or durability to take an IMP.

So, who in comics has the fast enough thought process to beat Flash besides other Flash or Zoom characters.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullets move faster than thought.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flash has no limit to his speed he could run around the world hundreds of times before someone thinks up a whole sentence

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ConvenientLie
MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@monsterstomp: not trying to be rude. but did you have a point?

I think he's saying if something as slow as a bullet (when being compared to Flash) is faster than the speed of thought, what makes you think Flash isn't faster?

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ConvenientLie

@convenientlie said:

I think he's saying if something as slow as a bullet (when being compared to Flash) is faster than the speed of thought, what makes you think Flash isn't faster?

ahhh i see. thanks for the clear up. I wasnt asking if flash was faster than thought speed though.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was referring to your title directly. Flash >>>. A bullet. A bullet >>> Thought.

I thinking if anyone had the fast enough thought process to at least hang with Flash, it would be Superman.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, time manipulators can also hang with Flash. Captain Atom could.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie said:

I was referring to your title directly. Flash >>>. A bullet. A bullet >>> Thought.

I thinking if anyone had the fast enough thought process to at least hang with Flash, it would be Superman.

ohhh i guess i should have added "read the OP" to the title lol

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie: I've seen another thread like this from you and I figured I'd post this.

Here is the reality of the situation. You are probably never going to find scans/feats for what you're looking for. That's because it's all really an understanding about The Flash.

Someone else here told you Flash is the suffers from PIS/CIS more than any other character. The reason behind all this is his feats. Flash has been shown to move XXX00000 times faster than the Speed of light as well as the speed force preventing things around him from being destroyed if he doesn't want them too.
He's also been shown to at will phase to matter. These two feats allow would allow him to wreck anyone, anywhere at anytime. But he doesn't. Why, because DC couldn't make money that way. I actually believe I have scans that say flash can think as fast as he moves. So, unless you count flash level speedsters you're never going to find what you're talking about.

And beyond that, everyone knows based of feats, The Flash stomps whoever, but writers can't print that. Because people still like batman more. They still like superman more. So, if they were to print The Flash stomping superman and batman villains at the same time in different places because he's that beastly, no more comics would sell.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@convenientlie:

I've seen another thread like this from you and I figured I'd post this.

Here is the reality of the situation. You are probably never going to find scans/feats for what you're looking for. That's because it's all really an understanding about The Flash.

Someone else here told you Flash is the suffers from PIS/CIS more than any other character. The reason behind all this is his feats. Flash has been shown to move XXX00000 times faster than the Speed of light as well as the speed force preventing things around him from being destroyed if he doesn't want them too.

He's also been shown to at will phase to matter. These two feats allow would allow him to wreck anyone, anywhere at anytime. But he doesn't. Why, because DC couldn't make money that way. I actually believe I have scans that say flash can think as fast as he moves. So, unless you count flash level speedsters you're never going to find what you're talking about.

And beyond that, everyone knows based of feats, The Flash stomps whoever, but writers can't print that. Because people still like batman more. They still like superman more. So, if they were to print The Flash stomping superman and batman villains at the same time in different places because he's that beastly, no more comics would sell.

Geez, any more excuses to add to the conspiracy? You've covered the basics: PIS, CIS, hand-tied writers, loss of sales of comic books.

Flash doesn't have certain feats because he's never done it.

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav said:
@bossmonster said:

@convenientlie:

I've seen another thread like this from you and I figured I'd post this.

Geez, any more excuses to add to the conspiracy? You've covered the basics: PIS, CIS, hand-tied writers, loss of sales of comic books.

Flash doesn't have certain feats because he's never done it.

Man youre just bitter on EVERY Flash and superman thread arent you? Why so mad? Why cant your brain process simple things?

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zr0c00l

Kryptonians, martians, the shazam family, thought process wise but really only to an extent. Since this is god mode wally west then as he speeds up so do his synapse's.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav:

True enough.

But there's reasons he hasn't done it.

Those reasons are valid.

And if the Battles forum were attempting to find out the result of what would happen if DC or Marvel printed an actual fight, those reasons would apply, and Flash wouldn't do anything.

But it isn't.

The Battles forum is about knowing a character's capabilities and applying it to the situation at hand.

Has Batman beaten characters far superior to him due to PIS?

Hell yeah.

In the Battles Forum, if you gave Batman prep and put him against Superman, would he win?

Hell no.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav:

True enough.

Those reasons are valid.

And if the Battles forum were attempting to find out the result of what would happen if DC or Marvel printed an actual fight, those reasons would apply, and Flash wouldn't do anything.

But it isn't.

The Battles forum is about knowing a character's capabilities and applying it to the situation at hand.

Hell yeah.

In the Battles Forum, if you gave Batman prep and put him against Superman, would he win?

Hell no.

It's all well and good to say Flash in THEORY can solo top tier opponent(s), it's quite another to do it.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav:

I mean he has.

He one-shot a White Martian with durability equivalent to Superman.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Wardemon32
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Wardemon32

@monsterstomp:

How am I way off? You can even read it up if you want.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as how Flash himself has to think thought speed is faster.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

How am I way off? You can even read it up if you want.

Actually, the more you read up on it, the more you realize that its impossible to give thought a speed. But regardless, Flash is faster. Flash is always faster.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav said:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@gav:

True enough.

Those reasons are valid.

But it isn't.

Hell yeah.

Hell no.

It's all well and good to say Flash in THEORY can solo top tier opponent(s), it's quite another to do it.

This forum is literally an exercise of Battles that only happen in theory.

If it makes you feel better, a plethora of writers have come forth to say that Flash is the most difficult hero to write conflict for because he's just too fast and too powerful and could conceivably trivialize any problems. Basically every writer who's gone on a long JL run besides Mark Waid, for instance.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gav: What the hell are you on about. I flat out said he hasn't done it. This isn't a conspiracy and it's silly to even imply that it is. The very nature of this Battle Board is based on looking at feats comparing and making conclusive arguments. That is why people say what they say about The Flash. Otherwise, no one can beat anyone they haven't already fought and defeated. If you're going to be stuck on Herp Derp, so be it, but don't bring me into it. Especial given that my comment was directed at someone else and not you.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is a bullet faster than thought? Thought happens instantaneously, you have time to think before a bullet hits the target. Just because the body can not move to respond to said thoughts doesn't make thought slower than bullets.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Thought isn't instantaneous. Thought requires synapses in your brain to fire off in particular patterns. That's why actual human beings don't really have faster reaction times than a hundredth of a second. There's no such thing as instantaneous thoughts.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on who or what is thinking some people's think faster about certain things than others do, flash himself has to think to move and he couldn't possibly be faster than his mental impulses. Spider-Man's spider sense gives him the ability to think and probably react faster than flash but he can't possibly move faster than flash when he's in motion. So this is really a relative question

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on who or what is thinking some people's think faster about certain things than others do, flash himself has to think to move and he couldn't possibly be faster than his mental impulses. Spider-Man's spider sense gives him the ability to think and probably react faster than flashbut he can't possibly move faster than flash when he's in motion. So this is really a relative question

Wait....WHAT??

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: Technically, Spider-man can dodge out of the way of something before it ever happens to him because he has precognition. Effectively, Spider-man could dodge a bullet before it left a gun, while Wally would merely react to the bullet.

His point isn't wrong, but it's certainly misleading and, frankly, disingenuous. He intentionally does his best to downplay Flash in every thread as some act of habit.

It depends on who or what is thinking some people's think faster about certain things than others do, flash himself has to think to move and he couldn't possibly be faster than his mental impulses. Spider-Man's spider sense gives him the ability to think and probably react faster than flash but he can't possibly move faster than flash when he's in motion. So this is really a relative question

Flash's mental impulses are FTL, just like everything else he does. He can lend and steal speed from other people's brains and electrons, there's no reason his own brain can't move at superspeed. I can even show you Flash calculating plans to the zeptosecond if you want.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I guess I can't argue that. That's for clearing that up. :/

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bossmonster

@dredeuced: actually, after further thought, I can argue that point (Not that this is directed at you. I guess it would be directed at the other guy)

But if the point is that Spiderman would be able to think/react faster than The Flash, this still don't prove this (Which is why I'm guessing you said what he was saying is misleading) All this proves that that Spiderman has the ability to receive certain information a bit sooner than The Flash.

However, under the situation that information was made available to them at the exact same time, it is unquestionable that The Flash would perceive, understand and act on said information before Spiderman even processed that the information was there for him.

Sorry about the double post.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@gav said:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@gav:

True enough.

Those reasons are valid.

But it isn't.

Hell yeah.

Hell no.

This forum is literally an exercise of Battles that only happen in theory.

If it makes you feel better, a plethora of writers have come forth to say that Flash is the most difficult hero to write conflict for because he's just too fast and too powerful and could conceivably trivialize any problems. Basically every writer who's gone on a long JL run besides Mark Waid, for instance.

You summed up the problem with Flash. I would hate to be a writer for him.