Flash VS Silver Surfer

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@static_shock: A character doesn't need to have superspeed for Wally to speed steal. He could just steal all of the Surfer's speed to render him immobile and statue-like for all eternity. This is a high-end feat though and I've only seen him do this once (correct me if i'm wrong) but there are a lot of implications.

Fair enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: I'm a long-time Viner so I'm well aware of that, and in some cases, a one-time showing isn't always PIS.

Anyway, stealing speed has been done more than once. It's a valid tactic here.

Jay stealing speed from Superman
Jay stealing speed from Superman
Wally stealing speed from Amazo
Wally stealing speed from Amazo
Stealing speed from Inertia
Stealing speed from Inertia

Stealing speed from falling cakes, making them fall as slow as feathers.
Stealing speed from falling cakes, making them fall as slow as feathers.
Borrowed speed from Jay and lent to Captain Cold temporarily.
Borrowed speed from Jay and lent to Captain Cold temporarily.
Stealing the speed from a bomb, freezing it during mid-explosion.
Stealing the speed from a bomb, freezing it during mid-explosion.
Steals Cheetah's speed.
Steals Cheetah's speed.
While Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter tow the planet using Wonder Woman's lasso, Flash absorbs the kinetic energy from the planet at the same time.
While Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter tow the planet using Wonder Woman's lasso, Flash absorbs the kinetic energy from the planet at the same time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS

RS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Helpful: DC's latest release has it that Wally doesn't even need to build up speed for relativistic attacks. He can fire out massive strikes at will.

No Caption Provided

That was him holding back and trying not to kill Wonder Woman. I suppose he could have simply vaporized her with a hundred of those rather than just KO her.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By leito

@saren: At half the speed of light, the relativistic mass of Flash's foot is increased by 15%, that's a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery small moon... DC writers shoud definitely stop trying to quantify feats and using physics they don't understand.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

some people don't realize this is h2h in the OP...............

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyways flash takes it

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are actually debating powers in a hand to hand battle...It's hand to hand in which speed steal is allowed... If they are both allowed to use their powers to the fullest of their abilities then surfer wins but in this particular set up,, Wally wins... This isn't a good set up at all in my opinion.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@saren: @newecho: Question, wouldn't flash break his hands punching surfer? Can't SS withstand black holes and stars? Also Hasn't flash been tagged by much slower beings like Deathstroke and Wonder Woman?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer. Flash can't do anything BRB can't and Surfer took him out hand 2 hand.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: no he wouldn't break his hand,, wally has hit more durable characters than surfer. The problem is surfer isn't really allowed to use his advantages in this fight since its only hand to hand. The op set it up for flash. Flash is allowed to use his biggest advantage ie the speed steal.. Surfer wouldn't have any problems hitting wally normally but limiting his power nerfed those chances in my opinion. .

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@heatblaze123: no he wouldn't break his hand,, wally has hit more durable characters than surfer. The problem is surfer isn't really allowed to use his advantages in this fight since its only hand to hand. The op set it up for flash. Flash is allowed to use his biggest advantage ie the speed steal.. Surfer wouldn't have any problems hitting wally normally but limiting his power nerfed those chances in my opinion. .

Who for example?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123 said:

@saren: @newecho: Question, wouldn't flash break his hands punching surfer? Can't SS withstand black holes and stars? Also Hasn't flash been tagged by much slower beings like Deathstroke and Wonder Woman?

withstanding black holes and stars don't necessarily translate to withstanding to physical attacks. also slade used prediction rather than outright take flash and I wouldn't say wonder woman is slow either

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: Well, superman, antimonitor, darkseid, green lanterns and many other's.. The problem in this fight isn't speed as surfer would be able to hit him, its that surfer can't use any of his blasts or his astral plane stuff. He literally has no advantage in this particular set up.. I would argue surfer beats wally in almost every situation but not this one..

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Heatblaze

@newecho said:

@heatblaze123: Well, superman, antimonitor, darkseid, green lanterns and many other's.. The problem in this fight isn't speed as surfer would be able to hit him, its that surfer can't use any of his blasts or his astral plane stuff. He literally has no advantage in this particular set up.. I would argue surfer beats wally in almost every situation but not this one..

I have never seen him punch superman or darkseid. Plus GL don't even have the same level of durability.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu: Withstanding a black hole requires a huge amount of durability.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You basically set up for the Flash to win this fight and it's sad. No flight or power cosmic for Surfer. He'd probably stay away from this fight in the comics because he's not an idiot.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: he can punch anything,,, The speed force protects him... You really have to look for the feats in which he punches anything and breaks something.. They are out there with barry at least but that's mostly when he is learning or something is wrong with the speed force.... Normally I would say that surfer could do something to the speed force, but he can't in this scenario....

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Obviously not true since he got stabbed and injured by other opponents and uses the speed force to heal from it.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: What are you talking about??? I don't understand what your argument... Wally getting stabbed has nothing to do with him punching someone....

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Heatblaze

@newecho: ''The speed force protects him'', did it protect him from getting stabbed?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@heatblaze123: The Speed Force aura protects speedsters from breaking their bones when punching people (due to extreme force) and also protects them from friction while running.

It doesn't protect them from all forms of damage as a whole but it does offer resistance from the things I've just mentioned.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: The Speed Force aura protects speedsters from breaking their bones when punching people (due to extreme force) and also protects them from friction while running.

It doesn't protect them from all forms of damage as a whole but it does offer resistance from the things I've just mentioned.

Ah, I see. well I stumped. Not sure if Infinite Mass Punch can beat silver surfer in one hit.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally 10/10

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: The imp won't necessarily beat him in one time,, but surfer can't do anything to not allow it to keep happening to him since he cant use his powers...This fight is set up for wally to win...

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@heatblaze123: It won't, but he's bloodlusted here so he'll be launching 1000s of IMPs a second and overkill doesn't begin to describe that type of victory.

@newecho said:

@heatblaze123: The imp won't necessarily beat him in one time,, but surfer can't do anything to not allow it to keep happening to him since he cant use his powers...This fight is set up for wally to win...

Well, Flash wins then.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted surfer........yeah wally stands no chance

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leito said:

@saren: At half the speed of light, the relativistic mass of Flash's foot is increased by 15%, that's a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery small moon... DC writers shoud definitely stop trying to quantify feats and using physics they don't understand.

That's the beauty of comic book writing, using physics they don't understand.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: @leo-343: scan of him using more than one IMP in a whole fight?

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: you do know this is a hand to hand fight in which surfer can't use any of his powers right?

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@newecho said:

Who for example?

Anti-Monitor.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Artyom

@heatblaze123 said:

@masterkungfu: Withstanding a black hole requires a huge amount of durability.

Flash also withstood a black hole though.

EDIT: Didn't see the rest of the conversation, my bad.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom: I already told him that lol,,, he understands that this fight was set up for wally to win...

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@artyom: I already told him that lol,,, he understands that this fight was set up for wally to win...

^

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@newecho said:

Who for example?

Anti-Monitor.

Yeah I got it.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: Yeah, I didn't see that until after I posted those. My bad.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: and? Surfer easily tanked black hole , black hole= infinite mass so therefore he can't harmed by physical damage seeing as he has already tanked infinite mass, so IMP won't really affect him plus power cosmic allows user to amp their speed and strength to unlimited levels

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: and? Surfer easily tanked black hole , black hole= infinite mass so therefore he can't harmed by physical damage seeing as he has already tanked infinite mass, so IMP won't really affect him plus power cosmic allows user to amp their speed and strength to unlimited levels

If that's the logic then the same applies to Flash because he also ran through a black hole.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: and? what good is any of that if wally is allowed to speed steal? This fight should be locked...

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: speedsteal is the dumbest thing ever created and it has it's limits.I remember someone posting scan to show me but im not sure it will work on someone like Norrin.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2: You could be right,, but this fight is completely set up for wally,,, Surfer isn't allowed to use any of his powers...

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: and what's is that supossed to accomplish? Hitting a statue which is immune to physical force won't help you win the fight and seeing as SS is an energry minipulator he could just as easily steal wallys speed

@artyom: then stalemate