Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

Sentry:

Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, senses, and durability. Flight, light and radiation manipulation.

Flash:

Super speed (via Speed-force), molecular control,

time and dimensional travel. Enhanced strength, stamina, and durability.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Flash

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By G'bandit

flash owns the blondy boy!

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By G'bandit

flash owns the blondy boy!

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zee crusher

Sentry. What could flash really do?

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Logic Mark III

I dont see much that the Flash could do. Its debatable but, i think the Sentry is fast enough to evade the Flash and utilise his flight ability. Once that happens he can control the fight anywhich way he wants.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zee crusher

Yeah this would be a good fight. Flashes speed is above sentry yes. But the fact if flash is only human and one good hit from sentry automatically ends it. One good hit from flash involves alot of runnig.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Logic Mark III

Well we cant say for certain that the Flash is faster than the Sentry.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Logic Mark III said:
"Well we cant say for certain that the Flash is faster than the Sentry."

Do you have any solid proof to the contrary?
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Logic Mark III

No thats why i did say: 'we cant say for certain'. As was said before the Vine changed, i maintain that the Sentry got to Saturn in seconds. Disspute it however you want. I dont see it outside of the realms of possibility for someone who has the power of 1000 exploding suns [again disspute that how you want].

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Static Shock
Logic Mark III said:
"Well we cant say for certain that the Flash is faster than the Sentry."
Since when has Sentry moved faster than the Flash? And don't bring up that instance from Mighty Avengers 14, because there's nothing to say he was or was not moving at superhuman speed on his way to Saturn. Not gonna cut it here. Give an example or evidence of Sentry moving at a speed that Flash hasn't reached....
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock
Logic Mark III said:
"No thats why i did say: 'we cant say for certain'. As was said before the Vine changed, i maintain that the Sentry got to Saturn in seconds. Disspute it however you want. I dont see it outside of the realms of possibility for someone who has the power of 1000 exploding suns [again disspute that how you want]."
I knew you were gonna bring this up. How can you maintain this when you don't know for sure?
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Logic Mark III

As far as im concerned he is that fast.  The way i see the sequence of events + power of 1000 exploding suns  = The sentry being fast enough.  You say nothing indicated to you that he was going that fast, i say; looking at the progression of his expressions and the fact there is nothing saying he didnt move that fast, that he did get there in mere moments.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock
Logic Mark III said:
"

As far as im concerned he is that fast.  The way i see the sequence of events + power of 1000 exploding suns  = The sentry being fast enough.  You say nothing indicated to you that he was going that fast, i say; looking at the progression of his expressions and the fact there is nothing saying he didnt move that fast, that he did get there in mere moments.

"
WTF? There is nothing that indicates how fast he was going. The progression of his expressions don't explain sh!t. If there's nothing saying that he didn't move that fast while there is nothing saying that he did, the point on that instance is invalid since there's nothing for anyone to argue for or against it. Thus, it's tossed out of the window, and cannot be used to verify if he did get to Saturn in seconds. It's not enough evidence to prove that Sentry is faster than the Flash, either. Remember the scan I showed you of Superman reaching a moon of Saturn in four minutes, with speed/blur lines following him? If you can't read the caption, I'll type it out for you... That was an example of how speed should be measured. I'll post it for you again.

The caption on the side of the scan reads: A small dead moon off Saturn, approximately four minutes after the announcement that Lex Luthor will be the next president of the United States. This implies that it took Supes four minutes to get to this location, roughly moving almost 5 times the speed of light. It takes 19 minutes for light to reach Saturn. Do you see the speed lines, too!? None of these things are visible in Sentry's example, so it means nothing...
The caption on the side of the scan reads: A small dead moon off Saturn, approximately four minutes after the announcement that Lex Luthor will be the next president of the United States. This implies that it took Supes four minutes to get to this location, roughly moving almost 5 times the speed of light. It takes 19 minutes for light to reach Saturn. Do you see the speed lines, too!? None of these things are visible in Sentry's example, so it means nothing...

But as for that instance for Sentry, if there are no captions, no speed/blur lines, or anything that obviously implies or indicates he's moving fast, then it means bullsh!t. Period.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

That's fine for you, but since the evidence doesn't clearly support you, that's not enough. (And I think that "1000 exploding suns" thing is garbage as well judging by his display in WWH, so that doesn't really help your case.)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
Buckshot said:
"That's fine for you, but since the evidence doesn't clearly support you, that's not enough. (And I think that "1000 exploding suns" thing is garbage as well judging by his display in WWH, so that doesn't really help your case.)
"
Agreed.
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ace High

I'd say that his showing in WWH was PIS (heh see Buckshot I read ya post :D) cause Sentry could easily have just thrown the Hulk into the sun and that woulda been the end of that, I mean as for his durability he too a whisper from Blackbolt in Silent War and barely moved whereas when Hulk took a whisper you could see the damage he took.

As for his speed, in the first issue of his second mini series he is fighting Attuma and his horde in Manhatten, New York but Cloc is telling him about natural disasters all across the world that are gonna happen in the next however many SECONDS, one of which was in the uzbekistan and the other was in Sumatra (south east Asia). If there was no way of him getting to these places as fast as necessary why would Cloc be telling him about it? To respond to the Sumatra emergency he would have to travel 9500 miles in 100 seconds. Now I ain't a physicist but thats pretty darn fast, and thats to deal with the problem (which was an erupting Volcaneo) as well not just to arrive at the destination.

Saying all this though, what could the Flash do to hurt him? For him to actually use the infinite mass punch he would first have to hit lightspeed which would mean that the only way him him to do this was if he was far enough away for him to accelerate to that speed and for The Sentry to not know he was coming. Also when he hits light speed doesn't he get sucked into the speed force? So wouldn't he just BFR himself?

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Logic Mark III

@ Static shock: can you show me 1 or 2 pages before and after that scan please.

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Holacik
Logic Mark III said:
"I dont see much that the Flash could do. Its debatable but, i think the Sentry is fast enough to evade the Flash and utilise his flight ability. Once that happens he can control the fight anywhich way he wants."

Flash is muliple times the speed of light.  Sentry might be FTL, he still isn't near Flash's speed.
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Logic Mark III

that MAY be true...but this helps him win how? This helps him beat a guy who can fly into space how?

Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Holacik
Logic Mark III said:
"that MAY be true...but this helps him win how? This helps him beat a guy who can fly into space how?"

May?  No it is true.  
  The Flash could hit him with the IMP, the question is can the Sentry tank it?
speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By speedlgt

I agree that flash is faster than sentry but how could flash win this fight? if anything its a stalemate. This fight would be just like a flash vs superman fight!
Sentry could win by doing a DBZ and blowing up the planet. He might do it hes crazy enough to do it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock

@Logic Mark III: It will have wait. I'm at work. I'll show you when I get home. The comic is on my computer.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Logic Mark III

Cool.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock
Logic Mark III said:
"

@ Static shock: can you show me 1 or 2 pages before and after that scan please.

"
Here you go. Not that it explains anything, but whatever....

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

caption
caption

Villinova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Villinova

It's true the comic didn't show that he did move that fast, but from what I can see he's saying no on earth and then in the next panel he is still saying no with the same expression and is just past the moon. And he's still like basically crying at the asteroid belt, which means the the news is still hitting him, and then suddenly he is like shocked, and I can only guess it's because he's at Saturn and didn't realize it because he was moving fast for him to just be there without knowing he was that far. Of course I don't have proof of this so I'm not gonna bring it into evidence just wanted to see what you guys would think about that by throwing it out there as an option.
Okay so I'd still like to bring up that fact that Sentry lives a few seconds ahead of the timeline, and so even without the speed of the flash he is still technically ahead of him so his reaction time is really really good. Plus the huge durability and strength he has on his side. And I mean he is the Void and the void has so many powers and is so powerful, so if he is the void, doesn't that mean he has the voids powers, but seeing as he's crazy he doesn't realize it. Which I'm thinking with enough emotion distress during a fight he could potentially tap this power, I mean Sentry already broke someone back to life by touching them from emotions. So I really wouldn't put anything past this guy on terms of how powerful, how fast, or what he can do. Plus flight is kinda an advantage over someone that can't fly and doesn't have any ranged type attacks....So I'll give it to Sentry, but I'd like to see what happened(if anything) if Sentry got hit with the super powerful punch of Flashes, and I'd like to see them race just to put the Sentry speed argument to rest.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Villinova said:
"Okay so I'd still like to bring up that fact that Sentry lives a few seconds ahead of the timeline, and so even without the speed of the flash he is still technically ahead of him so his reaction time is really really good. "
That's said a lot, but has he used that in a fight somehow? Has he used it to avoid attacks or know things ahead of time or something? It doesn't seem to me as if he acts like he's a few seconds ahead so what use is it?
Villinova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Villinova
Buckshot said:
"Villinova said:
"Okay so I'd still like to bring up that fact that Sentry lives a few seconds ahead of the timeline, and so even without the speed of the flash he is still technically ahead of him so his reaction time is really really good. "
That's said a lot, but has he used that in a fight somehow? Has he used it to avoid attacks or know things ahead of time or something? It doesn't seem to me as if he acts like he's a few seconds ahead so what use is it?
"
To tell you the complete truth I don't know how it actaully works, I mean he's constantly using it, because I don't think he can be a few seconds ahead and then go back in time a few seconds....so I really am not sure how this works at all it doesn't seem logical, I just think his reaction time is just  really good because of it, but I mean Sentry is really cocky and doesn't try to dodge things and  just lets things hit him. But yeah logically it would mean that he should be able to dodge things better, and I always see people talking about using logic and not always having solid definate proof of everything they say and defiantly just base everything of logic so I'm gonna do that too. Just think about things people, or not it really doesn't matter to me...haha
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I would not label Sentry as "cocky", so him not using his reaction speed doesn't seem like it would come from cockiness. It may be that this time thing just doesn't work the way some people think it does. Has anyone seen it used or explained in a way that would be helpful here?

Villinova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Villinova
Buckshot said:
"I would not label Sentry as "cocky", so him not using his reaction speed doesn't seem like it would come from cockiness. It may be that this time thing just doesn't work the way some people think it does. Has anyone seen it used or explained in a way that would be helpful here?
"
I actaully don't think anyone has honestly, and before he went to fight World War Hulk he stood up and said "Time to go play god." Sounds a bit cocky to me. And just some stuff he does makes me think he is a bit cocky, but yeah maybe some people don't see it that way.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The main twist of his character is the Void, an entity that turns everything good he does into something bad. He knows this evil thing comes from him and it makes him unsure of his every move and sometimes causes him to just freak out and bail. His whole deal is being afraid of himself and his own power. That's not cocky. Sure he has moments when he's doing good, but cocky is being overly self-confident, and that's something that Sentry really isn't.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BatDance

Flash is simply just way too overrated. What the score Flash vs Superman or Flash vs Wonder Woman ?? The latest score is 12-0 against Flash, if races them he might win but in a fight he's going down. Sentry is Marvels Superman so Flash is going to have problems here, unless u are totally biased and you have something against the company Marvel. Wonder Woman takes any fight against Flash she has more durability and power, plus a lot more Battle experience, and she's got magic and she would more than likely tag the Flash at least once before he could put her down and that's all she'd need for the knockout. SpeedForce is a lame excuse for sore losers, we can not ignore Flash goes down very easy. If the Flash can be tagged by Deathstroke and Captain Boomerang people on Wonder Woman's level will more or less own him. Flash will lose to Sentry because Sentry is exactly the kind of guy Flash always fails against.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By dane

Sentry

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BIackFlash
Logic Mark III said:
"I dont see much that the Flash could do. Its debatable but, i think the Sentry is fast enough to evade the Flash and utilise his flight ability. Once that happens he can control the fight anywhich way he wants."
as much as it pains me to say, Sentry wins. Unfortunately the guy in the yellow nutty guy in cape wins and people are covering their eyes because they don't want to see it.
Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry wins.  Anything else is uncivilized.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MisterGuyMan

I'd give it to Sentry.  I tend to chalk up his lower showings to mental instability.  Logically he can do almost anything he wants but he's so screwed in the head that he can't let loose. 

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TruePwnge

Sentry is such a head case

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

none of what the most of you ahve argued matters here at all.

Sentry can move as fast as Flash in battle.
while unknown, but doenst have a speed that shows as high as Flash has ran.
the problem with that old silly argument is Flash has to stay at a relevant speed to
engage in a fight. going at light speed X whatever just removes himself from the fight
via time travelling past the instance of the fight and commiting a self BFR.

someone also said Sentry's human. he's not, also he doesnt even exsist in this time
period completly, he's actually out of sync with it by a small amount.

i believe in a fight Flash can always stay at a well enough speed above Sentry, but,
nothing in his arsenal can actually take Sentry out, so im going for a scratch game.

lastly that Flash time travel garbage i keep seeing. see self BFR.
say he's allowed anyways. Sentry just survived that like it didnt happen.
so no dice.

garbage right along with that Flash sending other people into the speed force, oblivion, where ever.
Flash does not actually have that capability and it would be impossible for him to. the only time he "took"
someone somewhere like that was Death, who  he didnt actually take there, rather Death ran there on its own after him.
as to why Death can die in Entropy or how Flash can run fast enough to move "backward" in time....
christ i really actually like just about every comic character but Flash makes me want to puke in my pants. man, at least
Northstars abilities are realistic.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By geraldthesloth

Sentry hasn't shown to be anywhere near flash's speed

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geraldthesloth said:
"Sentry hasn't shown to be anywhere near flash's speed"
sure he has, i just said it.
he hasnt shown to get at Flash's higher running speeds but definatly at the speed Flash moves when interacting.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By geraldthesloth

shown where.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have to whip out the scans? come on. just trust me for once.
Punisher #1 for one.
he's fast enough to at least keep up with Flash in a fight scenario.
and it really doesnt matter. Flash can speed blitz and IMP the brick
all day and night and its not going to do anything, on the other hand
Flash can keep himself just beyond Sentry or vibrate through his
hits/grasp. stalemate.

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Waffle Fries

Question, who would win in a fight? Superboy/man Prime or Sentry? Because superboy prime is terrified of the flash and I'm sure theres a good reason for it, aka locking him in the speed force for a few years. And which flash are we talking about? Because that makes a big difference....

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AtPhantom
Waffle Fries said:
"Question, who would win in a fight? Superboy/man Prime or Sentry? Because superboy prime is terrified of the flash and I'm sure theres a good reason for it, aka locking him in the speed force for a few years. And which flash are we talking about? Because that makes a big difference...."
Superboy Prime would mutilate the Sentry.

And I guess this is Wally Flash, since he was the Flash when this thread was made.
Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Waffle Fries

All I see is sentry vs flash, no mention as to which flash, but if that is the answer, thanks.

Ya, Superboy Prime would destroy Sentry... and superboy prime is terrified of the flash family, especially bart. 
Wally could steal Sentry's speed, suck him into the speed force, go intangible and rip out his brain (he's done this before).
But, If sentry "does" get his hands on Wally or take the fight somewhere other then earth like up in space, the fights over.

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BIackFlash

Flash beating Prime was Pis, I don't think Flash can steal Superman's speed so easy.  99% of the time Superman>Flash. You need to pound on Superman a million times like a gorilla to make him drop but once Flash gets clocked its lights out.

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By claws

flash wins and this was done before

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AtPhantom
BIackFlash said:
"Flash beating Prime was Pis, I don't think Flash can steal Superman's speed so easy.  99% of the time Superman>Flash. You need to pound on Superman a million times like a gorilla to make him drop but once Flash gets clocked its lights out."
Flash has stolen Superman's speed before.
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TruePwnge

Sentry wins, just barely

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SeSAW
@BIackFlash said:
"Flash beating Prime was Pis, I don't think Flash can steal Superman's speed so easy.  99% of the time Superman>Flash. You need to pound on Superman a million times like a gorilla to make him drop but once Flash gets clocked its lights out."
Flash didn't beat Prime. 3 flashes were trying and failed he came back.

Sentry dominates Flash even if he is faster.