Avatar image for vinersaurforlife
Vinersaurforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vinersaurforlife

Ok before we start i know this has been done before and its always a stomp in Flash'es favor but this is different

Rules

Quicksilver starts in Virginia and must go to California an back

Flash starts on Earth must go to Jupiter and back ( lets say he can breath and there are bridges between the planets )

They can't attack each other

The first one to make it to their destination and back wins

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rpottage

Quicksilver's top speed is about 1715 m/s and has to run about 3,591,000 m which will take him about 2094 s or just under 35 min.

Flash's top speed is about 2 997 924 580 m/s and has to run about 928 081 020 000 m which will take him about 310 s or 5 min.

So the Flash wins by a long shot; he can finish 6 times before Quicksilver finishes once.

That's just one way by the way; you just double the numbers for the return trip, but one way was enough to demonstrate the math (in case you were wondering).

Rage_Hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rage_Hard

Still Flash

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Flash wins he can travel with the speed of light and Quicksilver with only super sonic

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWind

Flash lets him get within five feet of the finish line, then he actually starts the race and circles the Earth 1000x over and still wins.

Slowsilver kills himself in shame. Flash then walks off with Scarlet Witch and Polaris.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dredeuced

As always, which version of Flash? If it's Wally then he can do this in seconds.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By willpayton

Flash stops off at Mars to have lunch with Martian Manhunter and still gets back in time to win the race. =)

tss1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tss1010

This should go to Flash

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Spydey

Man...why doesn't anyone use ULTIMATE Quicksilver in these posts. He stomps 616 Quicksilver.

Even still, isn't Barry like the second fastest being alive just behind Wally he breaks the reality barrier? Right.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rpottage

@Spydey said:

Man...why doesn't anyone use ULTIMATE Quicksilver in these posts. He stomps 616 Quicksilver.

Even still, isn't Barry like the second fastest being alive just behind Wally he breaks the reality barrier? Right.

Well any version of the Flash still stomps Ultimate Quicksilver; but Barry and Wally are depicted as being the fastest; neither is ever really depicted as faster. That's mainly because Barry Allen was dead for over twenty years so there was no point, and when he came back he was described as the very source of the speed force so making someone faster was just ridiculous. In general I think their both about equal since they both can run so fast that they shatter the Speed Force Barrier and you can't really go faster than that since at that point you're one with the speed force.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MethoKi

Flash does his lap twice, so he goes to Jupiter and back 4 times, then he has lunch with some random lady he talked to before the race in Australia, goes back to America, runs on the side of QS and beath him to Virginia and goes back to QS to tell him how it was.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Spydey

@rpottage said:

@Spydey said:

Well any version of the Flash still stomps Ultimate Quicksilver; but Barry and Wally are depicted as being the fastest; neither is ever really depicted as faster. That's mainly because Barry Allen was dead for over twenty years so there was no point, and when he came back he was described as the very source of the speed force so making someone faster was just ridiculous. In general I think their both about equal since they both can run so fast that they shatter the Speed Force Barrier and you can't really go faster than that since at that point you're one with the speed force.

Yea, you're right. Except Jay. I don't think he could. Nor could Jesse. Even though I guess she's not really a flaaash.

The thing with Marvel is...few of Speedsters can break the light barrier..they just can't because it'd destroy the earth. Runner has said it and I think Jean Paul said as well. Ultimate Quicksilver has shown he probably can given enough momentum. Like in one of his fights were time practically stopped because he was moving so fast.

Buut, tis the downside of being a Marvel Speedster.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Wardemon32

It would be more fair if he was racing Impulse or Kid Flash.

KingofComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KingofComix

@Spydey said:

@rpottage said:

@Spydey said:

Yea, you're right. Except Jay. I don't think he could. Nor could Jesse. Even though I guess she's not really a flaaash.

The thing with Marvel is...few of Speedsters can break the light barrier..they just can't because it'd destroy the earth. Runner has said it and I think Jean Paul said as well. Ultimate Quicksilver has shown he probably can given enough momentum. Like in one of his fights were time practically stopped because he was moving so fast.

Jay was also FTL wasn't he? Idk about Jesse but I always figured Jay was FTL as well. Idk where I learned it from but I always though he was FTL.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rpottage

@KingofComix said:

@Spydey said:

@rpottage said:

@Spydey said:

Jay was also FTL wasn't he? Idk about Jesse but I always figured Jay was FTL as well. Idk where I learned it from but I always though he was FTL.

Jay's both. He has a metagene which is slower than Quicksilver (Jay's metagene is only the speed of sound), but he's also a conduit to the speedforce and can travel faster than the speed of light. He also can steal speed from others to push himself even faster.

KingofComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KingofComix

@rpottage said:

@KingofComix said:

@Spydey said:

@rpottage said:

@Spydey said:

Jay's both. He has a metagene which is slower than Quicksilver (Jay's metagene is only the speed of sound), but he's also a conduit to the speedforce and can travel faster than the speed of light. He also can steal speed from others to push himself even faster.

Well then wouldn't he also beat quicksilver?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dredeuced

@KingofComix said:

@rpottage said:

@KingofComix said:

@Spydey said:

@rpottage said:

@Spydey said:

Every single Speed Force connected DC Speedster would beat Quicksilver.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rpottage

@KingofComix said:

@rpottage said:

@KingofComix said:

@Spydey said:

@rpottage said:

@Spydey said:

He would. Anyone with a similar level of access to the speedforce (Max, Jessie, Johnny, etc.) would beat Quicksilver.

Alyssabird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Alyssabird

Odin Force Thor freezes time and casually flies to jupiter.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Esquire

@Alyssabird said:

Lawl. Not in-character, he doesn't. ;D

Alyssabird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Alyssabird

@Esquire said:

@Alyssabird said:

please respond to our thread; im curious as to what a FANBOY has to say about flash.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Esquire

@Alyssabird: I can try to find you one, if it's that important. I'll respond in the next 36 hours or so, when I find the time.

Alyssabird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Alyssabird

@Esquire said:

@Alyssabird: I can try to find you one, if it's that important. I'll respond in the next 36 hours or so, when I find the time.

I've already got backing arguments, so bring it on :)

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Qpzmg

Flash.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dondave

Flash burns

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By tomlikesfries

The answer is still Flash.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Stronger

@WillPayton said:

Flash stops off at Mars to have lunch with Martian Manhunter and still gets back in time to win the race. =)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Alyssabird said:

@Esquire said:

@Alyssabird said:

please respond to our thread; im curious as to what a FANBOY has to say about flash.

Says the lady that randomly brought up Odin Force Thor in a thread about Flash and Quicksilver.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jeanroygrant

WALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By theONEtaichou

@BlackWind said:

Flash lets him get within five feet of the finish line, then he actually starts the race and circles the Earth 1000x over and still wins.

Slowsilver kills himself in shame. Flash then walks off with Scarlet Witch and Polaris.

yep

@Batman242 said:

Flash does his lap twice, so he goes to Jupiter and back 4 times, then he has lunch with some random lady he talked to before the race in Australia, goes back to America, runs on the side of QS and beath him to Virginia and goes back to QS to tell him how it was.

so true

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if you equalize their speed Flash would still wins via speed steal

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage: Flash's top speed is about 2 997 924 580 m/s and has to run about 928 081 020 000 m which will take him about 310 s or 5 min.

Now thats some properly messed up math... U forgot about one more 0.

Tlash will need 3100s = 52 minutes.

In that case quicksilver wins.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash is so much faster. he

Ace1020302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix: Not only that the rules don't say anything about gravity and when the weight of any version of flash goes across it would collapse and not only that he couldn't run faster than nothing because in space there is no gravity so even if the bridge doesn't collapse he would be floating randomly but let's say he didn't go floating or bridge collapsing he still needs to build up speed overtime in which is possible but takes longer meaning that the flash not only withstanding a missing zero as u stated( might be wrong I didn't check) he would have to allowing more time for himself to get to higher marks and even speed of light now the flash is one of my favorite heroes but since gravity is not out as I look at the rules it is impossible for hint to even past the atom sphere without floating off while quicksilver yes having to dodge mountains and cross them would still be faster for he can start at max speed unlike the flash and also run to McDonald's and eat a sandwich so what you say about the flash is impossible because gravity would make him unable to run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage said:

Quicksilver's top speed is about 1715 m/s and has to run about 3,591,000 m which will take him about 2094 s or just under 35 min.

Flash's top speed is about 2 997 924 580 m/s and has to run about 928 081 020 000 m which will take him about 310 s or 5 min.

So the Flash wins by a long shot; he can finish 6 times before Quicksilver finishes once.

That's just one way by the way; you just double the numbers for the return trip, but one way was enough to demonstrate the math (in case you were wondering).

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By botanix

@acrokat: no, the math was wrong and you just repeated it...

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By aftershafter

I think the only non-speed forcer in comics who has a hope in hell of matching a Flash in a race like this is the Runner with the time gem, and even then I'd expect the speed plot device force to win Flash the bout.

jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only non-speed forcer in comics who has a hope in hell of matching a Flash in a race like this is the Runner with the time gem, and even then I'd expect the speed plot device force to win Flash the bout.

This is a hell of a claim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix: How was it wrong?

Actually I realize the math will only apply to Quicksilver. Flash doesn't have a max speed, it's his power, so he could literally finish this race 50 times before Quicksilver blinks.

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By aftershafter

@jodema: Yeah, that's a frustrated exaggeration... But there sure as hell aren't man. SA Superman probably could... A few abstracts... But not many. Speed Force is pretty much written as an excuse for whatever PIS suits the scenario.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: How was it wrong?

He forgot about one zero.

Actually I realize the math will only apply to Quicksilver. Flash doesn't have a max speed, it's his power, so he could literally finish this race 50 times before Quicksilver blinks.

I do not argue about that.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that Runner needs that gem. And there are more speedsters who are as fast or slightly slower than Flash, like Makkari, Silver Surfer and etc...

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this still up? Flash can run multiple times the speed of light to the point of beating teleportation over massive distances, he creams QS

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers