• 81 results
#51 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

did my picture come up? or are uses seeing a fked up screen?

#52 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamma says:

"Apparition says:
"i think that wonder woman has a small portion of hermes speed and she's close to flash's speed so i would say hermes would win. besides you would think hermes could cast spells and keep himself from even needing to run around in the fight. plus since magic breaks the rules of the physical world, even the speed force may have no hold on hermes, eliminating flash's greatest attacks."
no ones close to Flashes speed, no one no even sups NO ONE Dlash wins"

Ever heard of the Runner?

#53 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"did my picture come up? or are uses seeing a f**ked up screen?"

nope... you messed up the HTML link... delete the post and try again

M

#54 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Pay attention to what Superman says.

#55 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Methos says:
"ZORN says:
"go to wikipedia and type flash read the powers and abilities ok maybe not .2 but he is faster than the speed of light."
i don't know who did that Wiki site, but they need to really check their facts with DC Publishers M"

I HATE wikipedia for this very reason. People read a Wiki submission created by a fanboy and think that it is accurate. I could go in right now and change Sabretooth to Class 100 strength and some wiki nut would read it and assume it is gospel."

yup... thats why i never use wiki facts to back up an argument

M

#56 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"ZORN says:
"go to wikipedia and type flash read the powers and abilities ok maybe not .2 but he is faster than the speed of light."
i don't know who did that Wiki site, but they need to really check their facts with DC Publishers M"

I HATE wikipedia for this very reason. People read a Wiki submission created by a fanboy and think that it is accurate. I could go in right now and change Sabretooth to Class 100 strength and some wiki nut would read it and assume it is gospel.

#57 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

such hate is wrong, :(

till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods.

sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force??

"imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash.

and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent )

:)

#58 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"such hate is wrong, :(till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods.sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force??"imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash.and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent ):)"

does anyone wanna take this?

#59 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"such hate is wrong, :(till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods.sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force??"imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash.and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent ):)"

um... what?

sorry, i've just proven with quotes from the OFFICIAL DC SITE that Flash does not travel faster than light

unless you want to get into a scientific argument with me...

M

#60 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"such hate is wrong, :( till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods. sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force?? "imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash. and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent ) :)"

Hermes is a god, and as a divine being he has certain innate divine powers. He could pretty easily take control of Flash's non-protected human mind and subjugate him to his will. As messenger of the Gods, I would assume (no facts but just a logical assumption) that hermes doesn't just rely on speed. I think that, much like the runner, he folds space and therfore moves at a speed that is greater than light and is closer to teleportation.

#61 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Sync says:
"such hate is wrong, :( till dc decides to show the race, "imo" flash ca beat hermes, due because he controls/accesses the froce that give all things in his universe speed, even gods. sigh, so by my statement above does hermes in dc have full control of the speed force?? "imo' if he does not he cannot beat flash. and ps i what flash does in the comics exceeds the speed of light, by what normal phyics defines, also time travel in a way is faster than light (but diffent ) :)"
um... what? sorry, i've just proven with quotes from the OFFICIAL DC SITE that Flash does not travel faster than light unless you want to get into a scientific argument with me... M"

methos you know you cant really rely on science here. you have to rely on the comic books and the company pagees. nothing can really go faster than light, scientifically, but if dc says in a comic book that flash is running three times the speed of light, well then he is, by whatever logic they use to defend his breaking the laws of physics. so if you used the official DC site, then that should stand unless he can come back with a scan from a comic that says that flash is exceeding the speed of light.

and with that, the fact that hermes is a magically being should prove why he can be faster than flash, since magic breaks all physical laws anyway. so there :p Sync!

#62 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#63 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Sync says:
Hermes is a god, and as a divine being he has certain innate divine powers. He could pretty easily take control of Flash's non-protected human mind and subjugate him to his will. As messenger of the Gods, I would assume (no facts but just a logical assumption) that hermes doesn't just rely on speed. I think that, much like the runner, he folds space and therfore moves at a speed that is greater than light and is closer to teleportation."

great answer indeed, but this is a match of speed.

once agian if flash acesses the force that controls all speed, even that of a god ( assuming of course) does he beat him, can he speed drain him still his speed ???

the above about being a god controling his mind i could see that happen, but as a god when a mortal challeges you to a race and gives you a run for the money and maybe even will beat you, cheating really does make you look bad to other gods who would mock you

#64 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"Valkaad says:
"Sync says:
Hermes is a god, and as a divine being he has certain innate divine powers. He could pretty easily take control of Flash's non-protected human mind and subjugate him to his will. As messenger of the Gods, I would assume (no facts but just a logical assumption) that hermes doesn't just rely on speed. I think that, much like the runner, he folds space and therfore moves at a speed that is greater than light and is closer to teleportation."
great answer indeed, but this is a match of speed. once agian if flash acesses the force that controls all speed, even that of a god ( assuming of course) does he beat him, can he speed drain him still his speed ??? the above about being a god controling his mind i could see that happen, but as a god when a mortal challeges you to a race and gives you a run for the money and maybe even will beat you, cheating really does make you look bad to other gods who would mock you "

who said it was a race?

#65 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i know...

i just keep hoping for some logic and sense to come into arguments like this...

M

#66 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Sync says:
"Valkaad says:
"Sync says:
great answer indeed, but this is a match of speed. once agian if flash acesses the force that controls all speed, even that of a god ( assuming of course) does he beat him, can he speed drain him still his speed ??? the above about being a god controling his mind i could see that happen, but as a god when a mortal challeges you to a race and gives you a run for the money and maybe even will beat you, cheating really does make you look bad to other gods who would mock you "
who said it was a race?"

Yeah, I thought it was a battle, a fight, not just a who is faster.

#67 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Sync says:
"Valkaad says:
"Sync says:
who said it was a race?"

everything said was about speed, if i miss in an earlier post something about god powers in the way it was said than im sorry, and fooo on me.

as for magic even it has laws according to magic user. Is the speed force magic of what????

#68 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"as for magic even it has laws according to magic user. Is the speed force magic of what????"

no, the speed force isn't magic...

it's an extra dimensional force that grants it's powers to those 'worthy'

M

#69 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamma says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Methos says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
" "
why thankyou EC... i was hoping he'd post more irrelevancies i could dispute but he seems to have gone quiet... M"
Think nothing of it Methos. They had a few others I could've posted, but I'll save those as my better bits of Ammunition. lol. He's not going to respond because you owned him into silence. There's nothing else he can say.
Post Edited:2007-08-20 13:02:43"
is your nose brown enough for you???"

Shut up fanboy

#70 Edited by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

This happened in comics, 
keep in mind magic>>>>speed force
unlike flash hermes does not follow natural laws while he runs, like stopping "instantly" after going FTL
skipping while in the speed of FTL and basically running from dimensions to another.

flash tried catching hermes and got owned....

#71 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio
@Apparition said:
"

i think that wonder woman has a small portion of hermes speed and she's close to flash's speed so i would say hermes would win. besides you would think hermes could cast spells and keep himself from even needing to run around in the fight. plus since magic breaks the rules of the physical world, even the speed force may have no hold on hermes, eliminating flash's greatest attacks.

"

she close to flash speed i doubt it
#72 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
" This happened in comics,  keep in mind magic>>>>speed force unlike flash hermes does not follow natural laws while he runs, like stopping "instantly" after going FTL skipping while in the speed of FTL and basically running from dimensions to another.  flash tried catching hermes and got owned.... "
that was back in the day when wally needed to eat in order to keep up his speed and had a big black friend who was a walking blackhole
#73 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

intersting battle

#74 Posted by XLR87T3 (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/WallyWestRespect/hermes.jpg http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/WallyWestRespect/hermes2.jpg http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/WallyWestRespect/hermes3.jpg http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/WallyWestRespect/hermes4.jpg

#75 Posted by leonkarlen123 (3836 posts) - - Show Bio

@methos: I got so annoyed with your comments so i'm take it to bump this.

The Flash (Wally) is hundred times the speed of light. Superman IS lightspeed if you see him flying in space planet to planet in minutes its light speed and Barry who is stated slower as wally beat him in a sprint tourrnament.

And the fact that Wally can run around earth in less than a second.

#76 Posted by Trancendence (18 posts) - - Show Bio

You're lucky SOMEONE saw your little comment here, or you would've wasted your time. First of all, it's already been posted above that flash can move near light speed, not to or beyond. Also, as for you're "he can go around the planet in less than a second" comment, light circumnavigates (that means goes around) the planet 7.5 times a second.

#77 Posted by patrat18 (8758 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

#78 Edited by w0nd (2859 posts) - - Show Bio

You're lucky SOMEONE saw your little comment here, or you would've wasted your time. First of all, it's already been posted above that flash can move near light speed, not to or beyond. Also, as for you're "he can go around the planet in less than a second" comment, light circumnavigates (that means goes around) the planet 7.5 times a second.

He has moved faster than light before....
There was a point in time where Wally could go faster than light. This Wally doesn't exist now.

the thread is long dead and done with, but at the time I assume they were talking about Wally

#79 Posted by WolverineIsTOAA (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash stomps

#80 Edited by XiiX (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch(as many are aware, Mercury is another name Hermes is called/known by).

#81 Posted by dondave (34336 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash