Flash vs Green Lantern

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Zoom

Scans?  Barry shouldn't even be faster than Jay, I just accept that Johns will likely make him so.
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#102  Edited By Dracade102

I'd hate to see them Fight, Since they're the Longest Running Super-Pals in the DCU, But I'd Go with Flash...
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#103  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Zoom said:
" Scans?  Barry shouldn't even be faster than Jay, I just accept that Johns will likely make him so. "
I have a sickening feeling Barry is gonna be the strongest Flash because Johns has so much butt love to characters from like 30 years ago
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104  Edited By GreenLantern555

I wasn't saying that Barry is stronger, all I was saying is that Jay gets his powers from The Speed Force as do all speedsters.@Son_of_Magnus:  I have that feeling as well. I mean Barry is his favorite hero. Of course that's what he will do.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Zoom

Not all of his powers.  Jay has a metagene.  Freaking Geoff Johns wrote Infinite Crisis where Jay was the only Flash that wasn't depowered.
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By GT-Man

flash
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#107  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Zoom said:
" Not all of his powers.  Jay has a metagene.  Freaking Geoff Johns wrote Infinite Crisis where Jay was the only Flash that wasn't depowered. "
I never meant to call Geoff a bad writer I am just saying he tends to give more air time to the OGs than the new guys that a large amount of comic readers grew up on I wish there were two Flash books
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Zoom

No I'm saying that Geoff Johns (considering he was the Flash, JSA and big book writer at the time) probably invented the idea that Jay has speed without the speedforce so I think I'd have noticed if he retconned his own work (which he's been known to do).
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Son_of_Magnus: I think Zoom was talking to me. 

@Zoom:
 Fair enough. But he is still connected to it.
Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By Dark Zoom

Flash

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Zoom

@GL 

Oh absolutely.  He's connected to it.  Its just that it enhances the speed he's already got.
WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By WhiteLantern#1
@Zoom said:
"@ComicStooge said:

"Lantern wins... "

Except for the fact that every time a full fledged Green Lantern faces off against a teenage speedster, they get beat.  How are they supposed to stand up to the real deal? 

@GreenLantern555

said:

"@Zoom: The Speed Force exsists all through time. Past and present. Because of what happened to Barry Allen when he became the Flash, it affected  the past giving Jay Garrick his powers. "

No, it didn't.  I just posted a scan proving Jay has powers without the speedforce.  

@White Lantern. 

Thawne (in Barry's body...its complicated) admited Jay was faster in Flash 78, The Return of Barry Allen. 

In the same story, he takes down Johnny Quick by throwing gravel at him so fast that it blows through him like buckshot.  Then he faces Max Mercury, who, while initially having the upper hand, admits that he's probably not a match for Zoom.  Zoom defeats him twice, further solidifying this idea in my head whereas Jay ends up one for two (I count being at Jay's mercy and getting him to hesitate long enough to turn the fight around a loss) against him.

"

So is there a speedster that can defeat Zoom? And Do you agree about the Emotional Spectrum entities and avatars (etc, Kyle, Hal, Sodam) making time and speed insufficient means of defeat? Parallax paused time, and Spectre and Ion Kyle (HOG) were looking at Realities and time saying that kyle could change anything in anyway without changing the future or present. He was virtually God. Same with Parallax for that matter.  
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By GreenLantern555

This was my first thread and it will probably be my last. Who knows? Yaay 2000!!!

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By termiteone4ever

THis took a while but i give the edge to Flash.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By velle37

Depends on the GL...... 

And which flash....... 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Zoom

True.  Sodam Yat might be able to beat Kid Flash.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#117  Edited By sexy_merc

Sodam isn't even in the top 10 GLs. Flash justs removes his Ring and he dies from lead poisoning. He's too inexperienced to enhance his reaction time or put up shields for that.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Zoom

Well Mogo is more powerful than Yat but aside from him, I'm having trouble thinking of a GL with the raw power of a daxamite that isn't wearing a power ring.  He's certainly got better reflexes than say...Hal.

Btw, I found Yat's death to be really...undramatic.  Like, I thought he'd just show up in the next issue all fine or something.  Then he never did.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By AtPhantom

I found everything about Sodam Yat undramatic. But I've ranted about that before...

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Zoom

Plus he didn't even live to see the Blackest Night or do anything cool as Ion.  Like what a waste of both names.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By velle37
@AtPhantom said:
"I found everything about Sodam Yat undramatic. But I've ranted about that before... "

I think they were doing it on purpose.. Trying to not make a big deal about it to provide contrast with him becoming the greatest GL of all.... 

But overdid it and it backfired......
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By AtPhantom
@velle37 said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"I found everything about Sodam Yat undramatic. But I've ranted about that before... "
I think they were doing it on purpose.. Trying to not make a big deal about it to provide contrast with him becoming the greatest GL of all....  But overdid it and it backfired...... "
I think Peter Tomasi couldn't write his way out of a paper bag. But that's just me. :P
jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By jodema
@GreenLantern555:
Not true. Batman took of Kyle's ring once. And Kyle was unwilling.
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By MutenRoshi
@One-Above-You said:
Zoom said:
"One-Above-You said:
"I think Flash wins, but GL has been able to catch Zoom who is even faster than Flash.

caption
caption

"
Yeah, he snagged Zoom while Zoom was kicking the crap out of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Then Zoom broke his chains, made fun of him and left.

Flash.
"
Yeah, I was trying to post the rest, but it wasn't working for some reason.
depends on starting distance, location and if they fight in-character with CIS etc
TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By TheThe
@One-Above-You said:
Apparition said:
"unless he has prior warning of the fight, any green lantern doesnt stand a chance."
If GL doesn't have any warning, it would be more of a massacre than a fight.
This
Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Guys i'm confuse i like both these chracters but some please explain to me how the heck does flash win? I mean GL has a ring that i dont know absorbs energy an, can trap people in it an squeeze them to death. Against someone that can just run fast
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Zoom
@stormphoenix said:
Guys i'm confuse i like both these chracters but some please explain to me how the heck does flash win? I mean GL has a ring that i dont know absorbs energy an, can trap people in it an squeeze them to death. Against someone that can just run fast
Your problem is assuming that Flash can JUST run fast. 

Flash can vibrate through matter and cause it to explode.  Flash can steal speed from his opponents, freezing them in place.  The power of a punch is determined by the speed of a punch, making Flash able to hit very very hard, hard enough to beat up GL/Superman bad guys like Mongul.  Flash can make tornados with his bare hands. 

Most importantly, Flashs, Reverse Flashes and Flash sidekicks have beaten the stuffing out of some of the most powerful members of the GLCorp.  Flashes are simply more powerful.
ninja73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ninja73

assuming that this is hal vs barry allen, both combatants have prior warning, and when the fight begins they are standing 30 feet one from another. flashs only chance is to knock out green lantern with a quick punch or succession of punches before he can use his ring. assuming that hals ring still protects him from mortal injury, flash has to knock him out before killing him. therefore, he cannot be moving too fast when he punches him because otherwise the force of his punch will kill green lantern, therefore flash will have to decelerate before punching, giving green lantern time to react

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By eatmore_payless
@ninja73 said:
 assuming that this is hal vs barry allen, both combatants have prior warning, and when the fight begins they are standing 30 feet one from another. flashs only chance is to knock out green lantern with a quick punch or succession of punches before he can use his ring. assuming that hals ring still protects him from mortal injury, flash has to knock him out before killing him. therefore, he cannot be moving too fast when he punches him because otherwise the force of his punch will kill green lantern, therefore flash will have to decelerate before punching, giving green lantern time to react
If flash can save all the people of Korea from a nuclear explosion within 13 seconds and still have time to pick his nose then I guess prior warning isn't enough to withstand Flash, Yeah the ring protects a lantern from getting harmed physically, but I watched a JLA cartoon and saw a Flash vs Brainiac/Luthor, with Brainiac/Luthor have the upper hand and Flash still manages to defeat him. ( but with the help of Speed Force)
NOTE: it was Wally West who defeated Brainiac/Luthor ) so my bet on Flash hands down
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By MKF30

GL

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Zoom
@MKF30 said:
GL
Don't be dense.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By difficlus
@Zoom said:
@MKF30 said:
GL
Don't be dense.
lol
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By MKF30
@Zoom said:

@MKF30 said:

GL
Don't be dense.
lol you know as soon as I saw your name in my inbox I knew it was to this thread...big shock, I was right lol. Not dense, realistic maybe? GL can fly you know...what's Flash going to do to him if he's in the air? Can't wait to hear this one...I mean, if GL can snatch Zoom who is "far faster then Flash" right? Why not Flash then? Unless of course he's faster then Zoom, yet GL snatched Zoom? 

Hmmm...
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By MKF30

lol, Flash can't fly man...come on. He can leap high with his powers, and hover even with his arms but he can't actually "fly" like GL or Superman...all GL has to do is fly high in the sky and attack him from the air, not saying it'll be easy but I think people give Flash and Zoom too much credit sometimes on here.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#135  Edited By Killemall
@Buckshot said:
Effortlessly
Effortlessly
5 star for the pic ans sorry dude i am so stealing it :)
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Zoom
@MKF30 said:
@Zoom said:

@MKF30 said:

GL
Don't be dense.
lol you know as soon as I saw your name in my inbox I knew it was to this thread...big shock, I was right lol. Not dense, realistic maybe? GL can fly you know...what's Flash going to do to him if he's in the air? Can't wait to hear this one...I mean, if GL can snatch Zoom who is "far faster then Flash" right? Why not Flash then? Unless of course he's faster then Zoom, yet GL snatched Zoom?  Hmmm...
How's GL going to get into the air when Flash is thousands of times faster than him? 

And if GL does get that high, Flash can throw a brick at him at light speed.  That'll still hurt and it'll do a hella lot more damage than any GLs flailing about ineffectively trying to hit a lightspeeder.

Flashes have beaten up GLs on a half dozen occasions with major handicaps.  Impulse has beaten Kyle.  Kid Flash Wally beat Hal.  Rookie Professor Zoom (before he had ever even fought the Flash) stomped Hal.  Barry stomped Hal while drugged up so badly that he passed out five minutes later. 

You know GL snatched Zoom because Zoom wasn't running at full speed or even anywhere near it or else Hal wouldn't have been able to see Zoom, much less touch him.  You know this.  You're ignoring it because you're a troll....or you're mentally handicapped, which could explain why you like Mortal Kombat...
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#137  Edited By Saren
@MKF30 said:
@Zoom said:

@MKF30 said:

GL
Don't be dense.
lol you know as soon as I saw your name in my inbox I knew it was to this thread...big shock, I was right lol. Not dense, realistic maybe? GL can fly you know...what's Flash going to do to him if he's in the air? Can't wait to hear this one...I mean, if GL can snatch Zoom who is "far faster then Flash" right? Why not Flash then? Unless of course he's faster then Zoom, yet GL snatched Zoom?  Hmmm...
Zoom wasn't even running at a tenth of his potential. Flash caves GL's face in before he can even think about flying.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#138  Edited By Kallarkz

Hopefully in the months too come this fight will be more interesting

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom said:
@MKF30 said:
@Zoom said:

@MKF30 said:

GL
Don't be dense.
How's GL going to get into the air when Flash is thousands of times faster than him?  And if GL does get that high, Flash can throw a brick at him at light speed.  That'll still hurt and it'll do a hella lot more damage than any GLs flailing about ineffectively trying to hit a lightspeeder. Flashes have beaten up GLs on a half dozen occasions with major handicaps.  Impulse has beaten Kyle.  Kid Flash Wally beat Hal.  Rookie Professor Zoom (before he had ever even fought the Flash) stomped Hal.  Barry stomped Hal while drugged up so badly that he passed out five minutes later.  You know GL snatched Zoom because Zoom wasn't running at full speed or even anywhere near it or else Hal wouldn't have been able to see Zoom, much less touch him.  You know this.  You're ignoring it because you're a troll....or you're mentally handicapped, which could explain why you like Mortal Kombat...
wow just because he disagrees with you , you insult him every one is entitled to his opinion my friend
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Kallarkz
@higher_evolutionary said:

wow just because he disagrees with you , you insult him every one is entitled to his opinion my friend
either you agree that zoom was not moving at his full super duper speed or i will insult you. This is serious stuff. That's my baby we are talking about and i wont let you give an opinion that makes him seem less!!! 

;p
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

either you agree that zoom was not moving at his full super duper speed or i will insult you. This is serious stuff. That's my baby we are talking about and i wont let you give an opinion that makes him seem less!!!  ;p
i agree zoom was distracted and he kick GL's ass after that, but the point is calling someone a troll and a mentale handicapped jjust becaues he told you what he thinks,granted he is wrong and zoom showed him but why resort to insults        sigh
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#142  Edited By pixelized

No need to discuss it further after it's been flagged, lets keep our level heads on ;)

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#143  Edited By Superskrull86

GL
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Kallarkz
@Kallarkz said:

either you agree that zoom was not moving at his full super duper speed or i will insult you. This is serious stuff. That's my baby we are talking about and i wont let you give an opinion that makes him seem less!!!  ;p
i agree zoom was distracted and he kick GL's ass after that, but the point is calling someone a troll and a mentale handicapped jjust becaues he told you what he thinks,granted he is wrong and zoom showed him but why resort to insults        sigh  
lol i was joking sir. 

@pixelized
said:

No need to discuss it further after it's been flagged, lets keep our level heads on ;)

Agreed. =)
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz

nooo offense but it was kinda ambiguous with the sarcastic tone of regular viners
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#146  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Killemall said:

@Buckshot said:
Effortlessly
Effortlessly
5 star for the pic ans sorry dude i am so stealing it :)

It's amazing. Single favorite picture of Flash.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Zoom

No, because he ignores evidence and is purposely annoying, I insult him. 

I am also entitled to my opinion that MK is a moron and a troll. 

He never debates.  He just says his side wins, posts out of context scans, calls the other side overrated and then cries "fanboy" all day when people prove him wrong. 

He's a troll.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#148  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@Zoom
 How's GL going to get into the air when Flash is thousands of times faster than him?
GL does have speed Hal was able to react in The speed of sound and Kyle was able to react to a ship going 7x faster the light I doubt if Flashes are one thousand times faster.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By MKF30

@citizen, that's assuming GL is on the ground

@Zoom said:

@MKF30 said:

@Zoom said:

@MKF30 said:

GL
Don't be dense.
How's GL going to get into the air when Flash is thousands of times faster than him?  And if GL does get that high, Flash can throw a brick at him at light speed.  That'll still hurt and it'll do a hella lot more damage than any GLs flailing about ineffectively trying to hit a lightspeeder. Flashes have beaten up GLs on a half dozen occasions with major handicaps.  Impulse has beaten Kyle.  Kid Flash Wally beat Hal.  Rookie Professor Zoom (before he had ever even fought the Flash) stomped Hal.  Barry stomped Hal while drugged up so badly that he passed out five minutes later.  You know GL snatched Zoom because Zoom wasn't running at full speed or even anywhere near it or else Hal wouldn't have been able to see Zoom, much less touch him.  You know this.  You're ignoring it because you're a troll....or you're mentally handicapped, which could explain why you like Mortal Kombat...
Thank you, well the guy clearly has serious issues....I don't know...and always votes for Flash or Zoom regardless... then insults me saying I don't know anything for god forbid disagreeing?

Zoom...And the fact that I like MK is not only irrelevant but makes no sense, good job making a horrible case Zoom...but I'll be willing to bet you that Scorpion is far more popular and well known from MK then your precious Zoom which is nothing but a Flash biteoff anyway...lol how original. So do millions of others out there who like games and MK? So your point? 

The fact that you have to resort to insults proves you're an immature child that's clearly a Zoom fanboy thinking he beat Galactus in that other thread, proves you know nothing...and believe me that's putting it lightly, while I'd love to flame you I'm not going to do that.

Oh and as for how would GL move? lol I love it how you act as if GL is slow or something, if he's already in the air how is Flash going to get him much less touch him?  But that's ok, keep on insulting and I'll just flag you that's all, yet you have the balls to call me a troll.
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By jojjimbo

I'm going with Hal.