Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bart Simpson

Green Lantern should win.

SeSAW said:

"Damn well as fast as flash is how does he ever lose a fight. I really don't know but he does lose and he does get hit so I don't want to hear it. Hal would beat him"

From what I know of Wally he may be fast and has a lot of tricks up his sleeves, but he's not a good fighter, or atleast not  a smart one. He also seems to defeat his enemies more by using speed tricks than actually ending the fight fast. And yes Wally's been beaten plenty of times. He's been hit and tagged on many occasions by villains and their henchmen over the years. Even guys like Black Mantis and Promethius nearly beat the guy to death and heard Wally had his legs rip off at one point. Wally's predictable needless to say and I'm certain his Rogues like Captain Boomerang and Mirror Master has beaten him before.

Lantern Prime said:
"Which Green Lantern is this thread talking about?"

It's the guy in OP's photo. I think it's Kyle, but might be Hal. Keep on getting those two confused because they look a like.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52  Edited By Zoom

It's Hal, but honestly if you can't tell the difference between the two from a picture, does it matter?

venom hybrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By venom hybrid

Wally west Wrecks him the embodiment of the speed force shown to travel at speeds of around 500x the speed of light and IMP'ed a white martian hundreds of times before he could re-act Hal is going down fast

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Zoom

Okay, I like Wally a lot but when did he ever go 500 times the speed of light?

venom hybrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By venom hybrid

this guy fired off something like 500 blastsof light at portals or something to that effect and Wally stopped them all andsaid he was just lightly jogging i haven't read the comic but i've heard it refrenced numerous times

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Apparition
SeSAW said:
"Damn well as fast as flash is how does he ever lose a fight. I really don't know but he does lose and he does get hit so I don't want to hear it. Hal would beat him"

lol buy a clue sesaw  ;)
i'm sure someone's explained this to you before.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zoom
Apparition said:
"lol buy a clue sesaw  ;)"

Man, if only.
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Apparition

lol yeah really

Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By GreenLantern555

Given, Flash is the fastest person on the Planet (Assuming we are talking about Barry Allen) but that does not mean he has the intellect and power to stop the greatest weapon ever created. Hal Jordan can Make ANYTHING he wants to just by thinking about it. Thought travels faster than light and GL has both on his side. I mean if he really wanted to, he can make a sheild the size of a planet. Not only to mention that his ring is a tiny computer that can tell min stats or any other information he needs. All it would really take was to keep the Flash  in the air. If he doesnt have any solid surface to run on, he has no speed to move. Yes, he can make other extrmities move to great speed but all it takes is a pair of energy handcuffs and he's done. One strong Green fist in the face and the flash is out. Flash is weaker than GL. Power is unmatched.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By AtPhantom
@GreenLantern555 said:
" Given, Flash is the fastest person on the Planet (Assuming we are talking about Barry Allen) "
Barry is not the fastest Flash.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GreenLantern555

He is SOO the fastest Flash. He freaking created the Speed Force. How can he do that and NOT be the fastest?
CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CylonDorado

Can Flash punch through a Green Lantern's shields?
Avatar image for deranged_midget_
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Deranged Midget

Flash can take this.

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By GT-Man

FLASH
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By AtPhantom
@GreenLantern555 said:
" He is SOO the fastest Flash. He freaking created the Speed Force. How can he do that and NOT be the fastest? "
What does creating the speed force have to do with anything?Shesh, some nonsense is retconned into his history and now everyone thinks Barry is some all powerful messiah or something. Which would be fine, except his successors have twenty years of making him look like a turtle, and he doesn't have a single shred of evidence of being the fastest.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GreenLantern555

The Speed Force is EVERYTHING to speedsters and you are not a speedster without it. Barry generates THE Speed Force so it doesn't make sense for him not to be the fastest. You are saying that just because it recently was addressed it doesn't apply! What is the point of making new comics if there are going to be people like you to deny it?  Who do you think you are to say it doesn't. Geoff Johns himself said that Barry Allen is the fastest of all time. It's Quoted. And you are nobody to tell him otherwise.     

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AtPhantom
@GreenLantern555: It still means nothing. Generating speed force does not translate into infinite speed or whatever. Barry still needs some speed feats or all the speed force in  the universe will do him no good. 

And I'm pretty sure Johns never said anything like that.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By GreenLantern555

It means EVERYTHING! The Speed Force connect all speedsters together and without it NO ONE is fast.  

It is quoted in the interview part in the back of The Flash:Rebirth

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GT-Man

i think wally is the fastes if not barry
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AtPhantom

It means EVERYTHING! The Speed Force connect all speedsters together and without it NO ONE is fast. 

Jay Garrick is fast without it. Zoom is fast without it. Professor Zoom is fast without it. And so forth. You're still making the logical jump that creating the speed force has somehow given Barry a boost when there is no evidence of this. 

I'll take a look at the interview, but I'm pretty sure he only said Flash is his favorite hero.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AtPhantom

Johns, in fact, said nothing of the kind in his interview.

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By GreenLantern555

The Speed Force is existent all through time. EVERY SINGLE FAST PERSON CANNOT BE FAST WITHOUT IT. The Zooms can be fast with the negative speed force but the negative speed force can not be without the speed force. One can not exsist without the other. When Barry created it (unintentionally) it created a wave through time that affected people even in the past. When Jay gets hurt when Black Flash died its because he is connected to the speed force. The created should not be more powerful than the creator. That would not make sense. It's like saying we are more powerful than God (if you believe in Him, anyway). 

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By CylonDorado
@GreenLantern555:
Well, just because someone invented the computer, it doesn't mean they created the best computer.
skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74  Edited By skaarason

tie !

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GreenLantern555

YES IT DOES!!!! When he invented it it was the best computer! Without it, we would not have them. Don't bring up irrelevant things...

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By CylonDorado
@skaarason said:
"tie ! "

That's what I was thinking.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By GreenLantern555

Well, I don't know who would win either. I don't like talking about superhero fighting. I just saw so many people saying Flash would win and hardly anyone for GL. I just had to back up my homie ;-) 

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AtPhantom
@GreenLantern555 said:
" The Speed Force is existent all through time. EVERY SINGLE FAST PERSON CANNOT BE FAST WITHOUT IT. The Zooms can be fast with the negative speed force but the negative speed force can not be without the speed force. One can not exsist without the other. When Barry created it (unintentionally) it created a wave through time that affected people even in the past. When Jay gets hurt when Black Flash died its because he is connected to the speed force. The created should not be more powerful than the creator. That would not make sense. It's like saying we are more powerful than God (if you believe in Him, anyway).  "
One tiny little flaw. I'm not saying anyone is faster or more powerful than the freaking speed force, I'm saying they're faster than Barry. And yes, there are tons of examples of people being stronger than their creators.

One final time. Barry created the speed force. That does not mean he has unlimited access to it. That does not mean he has infinite output of it. That pretty much doesn't mean anything. 

Hell, in the freaking rebirth Wally was outright shown to have tons more experience and control than Barry. He went to SF to find Barry after Barry lost himself. He generated their new unifeorms out of SF. He has stolen speed from people. You know, all the things Barry CAN'T DO, because he's never tried it before and has no idea how to do it, but which Wally and Bart have been doing for twenty years now. Barry's Speed force God status means absolutely nothing for his power level.
CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CylonDorado

Barry Vs. Other Flashes thread, anyone?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AtPhantom
@CylonDorado said:
" Barry Vs. Other Flashes thread, anyone? "
Zoom would have a field day.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By GreenLantern555

Than please tell me, who is the fastest? Just because someone has been around for the past twenty years, doesn't mean their mentor forgot everything. Of course he hasn't tried it, he has been dead for two decades! I mean if you were trapped in the Speed Force for that long you would be pretty messed up as well.  

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By GreenLantern555

Than please tell me, who is the fastest? Just because someone has been around for the past twenty years, doesn't mean their mentor forgot everything. Of course he hasn't tried it, he has been dead for two decades! I mean if you were trapped in the Speed Force for that long you would be pretty messed up as well.  

Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Pr_Beyonder

Do you suppose Flash could  just steal the power ring at the beggining of the fight?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By AtPhantom
@GreenLantern555 said:
" Than please tell me, who is the fastest? Just because someone has been around for the past twenty years, doesn't mean their mentor forgot everything. Of course he hasn't tried it, he has been dead for two decades! I mean if you were trapped in the Speed Force for that long you would be pretty messed up as well.   "
Exactly my point. He's been in the speed force, stagnating, while the others have moved on. I never said he forgot anything, he never learned it in the first place. All those things I mentioned? Barry never did any single one of them. They're all Wally's inventions. 

And Wally is the fastest Flash. Until someone at least suggests that Barry might be faster, that's not going to change. Bart as an adult Flash is faster than them both, but not as kid flash.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By GreenLantern555

Only the bearer can take off the ring.

Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@GreenLantern555:
Got it.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Zoom
@GreenLantern555 said:
"The Speed Force is existent all through time. EVERY SINGLE FAST PERSON CANNOT BE FAST WITHOUT IT. The Zooms can be fast with the negative speed force but the negative speed force can not be without the speed force. One can not exsist without the other. When Barry created it (unintentionally) it created a wave through time that affected people even in the past. When Jay gets hurt when Black Flash died its because he is connected to the speed force. The created should not be more powerful than the creator. That would not make sense. It's like saying we are more powerful than God (if you believe in Him, anyway).  "

Jay Garrick has a meta gene.  When Bart Allen absorbed the speedforce at the end of Infinite Crisis, Jay retained his super speed, though it was diminished.

Currently, Wally West is the Fastest Man Alive.  Then Barry Allen.  Then probably Jay (based on him being faster than classic Professor Zoom), then Max Mercury (based on him being slower than classic Professor Zoom), then Kid Flash, then Jesse Quick then Impulse. 

Negative speed force is way too hokey for me to call and Zolomon is currently depowered.
CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By CylonDorado

Sooo, could he beat Green Lantern?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Zoom

Can and has. 

Barry beat Hal around the time of his trial.  Held off Wonder Woman at the same time (though in fairness, she was a lot less powerful back then). 

Professor Zoom made Hal look like a fool in Return of Barry Allen. 

Impulse beat up Kyle in an issue of Teen Titans vol 2. (Roy's team)

Kid Flash (Wally) schooled Hal in New Teen Titans 4. 

Kyle failed miserably to catch Wally during the Technis Imperative.
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By GreenLantern555

Okay, I agree that Wally is the fastest. But, I believe that Barry is the most important. Without Barry, there are no Speedsters meaning there is no Flash. Barry is the father of hundreds of heroes.

I still believe though that if right now that is Barry Allen and Hal Jordan got into a fight (even though it would NEVER happen intentionally) I think that given all of the things that both men have gone through it would be an even match. If we consider how much power both heroes have, it would be a draw.    
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Zoom:
The Speed Force exsists all through time. Past and present. Because of what happened to Barry Allen when he became the Flash, it affected  the past giving Jay Garrick his powers.
Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#92  Edited By Dark Zoom

im goin with teh flash

pock63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By pock63

I think the flash woold take this but it woold be one hell of a fight.

WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By WhiteLantern#1

If its Hal or Kyle or John or Guy they all take this... Flash has a LOT of powers, but the most powerful version of Flash vs The most powerful version of a lantern is no question. Flash gets dominated! It says Green Lantern vs Flash, so I'm saying Wally West vs Sodam Yat who is Ion which is the Green Lantern, Ion takes it easily, Sodam Takes it easy.  

ps. Zoom is probably the fastest (depending on how you look at it) thing in the DCU however there are characters (ie Classic Ion Kyle, Ultimator, Anti Monitor, Spectre, ZH Parallax) that aren't effected by people in control of time or speed. Zoom was caught by a regular Green Lantern, he may have escaped but if all things were even then the Green Lantern could have crushed Hunter.. Anyways Green Lantern wins.... in a fair fight or 8/10    
WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By WhiteLantern#1
@Zoom said:
"@GreenLantern555 said:
"The Speed Force is existent all through time. EVERY SINGLE FAST PERSON CANNOT BE FAST WITHOUT IT. The Zooms can be fast with the negative speed force but the negative speed force can not be without the speed force. One can not exsist without the other. When Barry created it (unintentionally) it created a wave through time that affected people even in the past. When Jay gets hurt when Black Flash died its because he is connected to the speed force. The created should not be more powerful than the creator. That would not make sense. It's like saying we are more powerful than God (if you believe in Him, anyway).  "

Jay Garrick has a meta gene.  When Bart Allen absorbed the speedforce at the end of Infinite Crisis, Jay retained his super speed, though it was diminished.

Currently, Wally West is the Fastest Man Alive.  Then Barry Allen.  Then probably Jay (based on him being faster than classic Professor Zoom), then Max Mercury (based on him being slower than classic Professor Zoom), then Kid Flash, then Jesse Quick then Impulse.  Negative speed force is way too hokey for me to call and Zolomon is currently depowered. "

When was Jay faster than Zoom. I'm not disagreeing I was just wondering about proof or scans...? and Do you think Wally West Flash defeats Zoom??

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By GreenLantern555
@WhiteLantern#1:
Very well put, I didn't even acount for the freaking incredible Lantern entities that have dominated over the years because my mind set was on just a regular Flash and Green Lantern. If Sodam Yat was able to fight and not inside of a sun then he would destroy. Wally West could run as fast as he wants but he isn't getting away from Ion.
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97  Edited By ComicStooge

Lantern wins...
WhiteLantern#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By WhiteLantern#1
@GreenLantern555 said:
"@WhiteLantern#1: Very well put, I didn't even acount for the freaking incredible Lantern entities that have dominated over the years because my mind set was on just a regular Flash and Green Lantern. If Sodam Yat was able to fight and not inside of a sun then he would destroy. Wally West could run as fast as he wants but he isn't getting away from Ion. "

Hahaha thanks. I agree with your agreement on Sodam destroying. Plus the entities are the same in every reality hence they are multiversal, which means they can (and have) limited control of the time scheme. So no matter where, when, or into what Flash ran, (including Zoom). Green Lantern (all lantern colors depending on the weilder and whether or not theres an entity power involoved) could defeat a vast amount of DCU if they actually truly wanted to.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Zoom
@ComicStooge said:

"Lantern wins... "

Except for the fact that every time a full fledged Green Lantern faces off against a teenage speedster, they get beat.  How are they supposed to stand up to the real deal? 

@GreenLantern555

said:

"@Zoom: The Speed Force exsists all through time. Past and present. Because of what happened to Barry Allen when he became the Flash, it affected  the past giving Jay Garrick his powers. "

No, it didn't.  I just posted a scan proving Jay has powers without the speedforce.  

@White Lantern. 

Thawne (in Barry's body...its complicated) admited Jay was faster in Flash 78, The Return of Barry Allen. 

In the same story, he takes down Johnny Quick by throwing gravel at him so fast that it blows through him like buckshot.  Then he faces Max Mercury, who, while initially having the upper hand, admits that he's probably not a match for Zoom.  Zoom defeats him twice, further solidifying this idea in my head whereas Jay ends up one for two (I count being at Jay's mercy and getting him to hesitate long enough to turn the fight around a loss) against him.

GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Zoom: But According to Johns in Flash: Rebirth the reason Jay was affected when Barry came back was his connection to the speed force and he also said the Barry is the father of hundreds of heroes due to the creation of the Speed Force.