Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Morals on?

They go out for a pizza instead

@dondave said:

Yeah, they wouldn't fight each other

And if they did, no way is wally beating all four lanterns. John alone has set his ring to auto fire to deal with great speed

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@highaccuser said:

@reaverlation said:

Morals on?

They go out for a pizza instead

Think they like pepperoni?

@dondave said:

Yeah, they wouldn't fight each other

Battle forum rules. They will.

Probably.Overall Lanterns then

Reasons?

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's guy? Green lanterns win with morals

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By reaverlation

@beatboks1: John wouldn't beat Wally alone

@highaccuser: Numbers and versatility.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fair enough reasoning.

John actually has really good showings against Wally, but yeah he can't win alone.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos911 said:

Where's guy? Green lanterns win with morals

Guys nothing. I thought the surfer level beast that is Alan would be better suited here.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never said he would. I said he had already come up with a way of dealing with great Speed. No mention of win or anything else. If one of the four can actually tag wally all four will replicate it. Alan has the power of time manipulation which he could use to make all four of them Zoom to Wally and make Wally's speed insignificant.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By reaverlation

@beatboks1: Even with the auto fire, not like Wally would be KO'd from 1 hit nor would it touch Wally anyways.Wally can just take their speed as an easy way out and as a way of not hurting his fellow leaguers/friends

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation said:

I never said he would. I said he had already come up with a way of dealing with great Speed. No mention of win or anything else. If one of the four can actually tag wally all four will replicate it. Alan has the power of time manipulation which he could use to make all four of them Zoom to Wally and make Wally's speed insignificant.

The question is whether Alan will have time to decide to do this and then implement the action. I think he wont. Flash can speed-steal him or blitz before Alan can even think. Without full Starheart and bloodlust, Alan cant take Flash out in time.

The only question here is whether the Lanterns start with their rings set to auto-fire. If so then they can win. If not, then they lose.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Oni_Bane

GLs

*runs away*

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dondave

Lanterns

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dondave

Lanterns

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sy8000

@beatboks1 said:

@reaverlation said:

The question is whether Alan will have time to decide to do this and then implement the action. I think he wont. Flash can speed-steal him or blitz before Alan can even think. Without full Starheart and bloodlust, Alan cant take Flash out in time.

The only question here is whether the Lanterns start with their rings set to auto-fire. If so then they can win. If not, then they lose.

The auto fire argument is crap. Lanterns have been reacting in nanoseconds for years without any mention of it.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Lanterns

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton said:

@beatboks1 said:

@reaverlation said:

The auto fire argument is crap. Lanterns have been reacting in nanoseconds for years without any mention of it.

There are examples of them reacting fast, but also examples of them getting blitzed before they can react. This suggests that they have to amp their thought process before they can do so.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By reaverlation

@willpayton: That literally works for everyone. Examples of Superman being fast but also getting blitzed.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sy8000

@highaccuser said:

@willpayton said:

@beatboks1 said:

@reaverlation said:

There are examples of them reacting fast, but also examples of them getting blitzed before they can react. This suggests that they have to amp their thought process before they can do so.

I know of no examples where they get blitzed before they can react. Sometimes it takes them a bit to tag really fast objects(Professor Zoom, Superluminal starships), but that's not a problem someone like Superman wouldn't encounter.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By beatboks1

@beatboks1 said:

@reaverlation said:

Alan wouldn't need time. he can survive a blitz attack from wally because he is pure energy and therefore there is very little Wally will be able to do to finish him off. Since John will likely have his ring set to auto fire ( the only lantern with that feat) Wally will frankly be busy dodging John's counters and not have a chance to Blitz anyone else anyway. In all likelihood Wally would only get a chance to make a single strike/attack against any of the other three lanterns before being pushed somewhat on the defensive by dodging John's counter. The other three would likely copy this action meaning Wally is then dodging 4 Lanterns on Auto fire. This easily gives Alan a chance to alter their time rates and make them functionally much faster than Wally.

Game over. Lanterns WIN

We all know Wally reacts greater than "nanosecond". We also know they have to use the ring to create a field that allows that and let's not forget they also usually have relativity on their side ( i.e they can react because they are moving at those speeds). John's feat allowed a greater reaction from a stationary and unprepared stance.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By reaverlation

@beatboks1: You realize Wally can dodge Lantern blasts like trash right, regardless of the auto-fire right?

Don't know why I'm continuing this when I already gave the win to the Lanterns...

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sy8000

@beatboks1:

We all know Wally reacts greater than "nanosecond". We also know they have to use the ring to create a field that allows that and let's not forget they also usually have relativity on their side ( i.e they can react because they are moving at those speeds). John's feat allowed a greater reaction from a stationary and unprepared stance.

Wally is faster than nanoseconds, but Lanterns don't need and rarely use forcefields for reaction feats.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton: That literally works for everyone. Examples of Superman being fast but also getting blitzed.

That's true, but we also have to take into consideration how many times each happens. Also, how many examples do we have where a Lantern is seen to clearly react at nanosecond times? I can probably think of 1 or 2, but not more. And in those cases it's not specified exactly how fast he reacted. That's not a good record. And, I'm a huge Lantern fan myself.

Alan wouldn't need time. he can survive a blitz attack from wally because he is pure energy and therefore there is very little Wally will be able to do to finish him off.

Yup, Alan is pure magical energy, but in-character he's also susceptible to his mental state. This means that he can be physically hurt or KO'ed unless he decides that he's immune to it. We have seen him get tagged and hurt by physical attacks in the past, and only when he's possessed by the Starheart does he completely overcome that limitation.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

That's true, but we also have to take into consideration how many times each happens. Also, how many examples do we have where a Lantern is seen to clearly react at nanosecond times? I can probably think of 1 or 2, but not more. And in those cases it's not specified exactly how fast he reacted. That's not a good record. And, I'm a huge Lantern fan myself.

How many times?

1. Kyle stopped a ship moving at 7 times the speed of light.
  2. Hal tagged professor Zoom 3 times when they fought.
  3. Hal tagged a moving Zoom.
  4. John stopped a blitzing Superman with Superman noting he was a faster draw than Wally.
  5. John beats Wally off panel.
  6. John stops kid amazo when he was running faster than Wally.
  7. Alan easily beats a speedster.
  8. Alan keeps up with Jay while talking to him.

That's 10 times altogether.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Ends in sex.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

How many times?

4. John stopped a blitzing Superman with Superman noting he was a faster draw than Wally.

I remember some of those, some I dont. From the ones I do remember, it wasnt clear just how fast the Lantern was moving or reaction.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

@willpayton:

How many times?

I remember some of those, some I dont. From the ones I do remember, it wasnt clear just how fast the Lantern was moving or reaction.

They were stationary for most of them. We don't need quantified reaction speed to know they entail nanoseconds.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: You realize Wally can dodge Lantern blasts like trash right, regardless of the auto-fire right?

Don't know why I'm continuing this when I already gave the win to the Lanterns...

AHHHH, I already said as much in my last post. Stating that Wally would Dodge first John than all four lanterns Auto fire giving Alan a chance to alter time rates. he wont be dodging anything when what is a year for wally is seconds for the lanterns, because just like Zoom appears to him as a blur so will they. That's why I said I never said John could solo. If wally couldn't dodge them he would wouldn't he???
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Is that something Alan would do in character to beat just Wally?

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: true but if you're gonna have earth green lanterns might as well have the complete set

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Homer_X

GL's most likely

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals On? Lanterns.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, Alan is pure magical energy, but in-character he's also susceptible to his mental state. This means that he can be physically hurt or KO'ed unless he decides that he's immune to it. We have seen him get tagged and hurt by physical attacks in the past, and only when he's possessed by the Starheart does he completely overcome that limitation.

Actually every single instance of Alan being harmed physically in combat has been when he was "mentally tired/ fatigued" or drained after a long battle or something like that. At the start of battles he has for example taken glows from the herald Gog and fared just as well as E-22 Superman. When Mordru took him down with the exploding boxes (which wasn't even a weakness at the time) it was retconned to be because he was so tired after the events of the Kingdom arc etc.

The whole reason why Alan is pure magical energy is because of classic GA and SA tales where he would internalize his energy to enhance his durability. He did this frequently and it became almost a default position. For example because his arch Foe Grundy could absorb the energy of his constructs he would internalize his power to make himself more of a brick and tank Grundy's attacks. He has just as many feats tanking powerful attacks without constructs as he has of succumbing to them.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Lanterns mostly due to morals.

Jmarshmallow

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Is that something Alan would do in character to beat just Wally?

Time manipulation is something Alan has done on a few occasions. he's done it to save Earth without harming the planet that threatened earth, and to save his friends, family and team mates. He's friends with all these Lanterns and I'd say he would want to defeat Wally without harming him. So frankly yes.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals On, Lantern, duh.

Morals Off, Wally.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton said:

@highaccuser said:

@willpayton:

How many times?

They were stationary for most of them. We don't need quantified reaction speed to know they entail nanoseconds.

Actually you do need quantifiable feats in order to tell how fast they were reacting. If not, you're just guessing.

For example, the first example you give of Kyle:

I'm pretty sure that's the feat you're talking about. So, lets note that:

1. Kyle has to be told about the ship

2. Kyle gets blasted by the ship and was unable to react to it

3. All Kyle does is create a construct in front of the ship

So, basically, all he does is create a construct in front of the ship. That hardly shows any kind of reaction time unless you know things like:

• when did Kyle see the ship?
  • how far away was the ship when he saw it?
  • how far in front of the ship did you create the construct?

Once you can give me numbers for all those things and show exactly where Kyle was in relation to the ship when he saw it... then you can show me that Kyle has nanosecond reaction time. Until then those scans show nothing.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Then I can easily say Wally wins by taking their speed as it causes no harm and Wally can do it much faster than either Lantern can think

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

Actually every single instance of Alan being harmed physically in combat has been when he was "mentally tired/ fatigued" or drained after a long battle or something like that. At the start of battles he has for example taken glows from the herald Gog and fared just as well as E-22 Superman. When Mordru took him down with the exploding boxes (which wasn't even a weakness at the time) it was retconned to be because he was so tired after the events of the Kingdom arc etc.

The whole reason why Alan is pure magical energy is because of classic GA and SA tales where he would internalize his energy to enhance his durability. He did this frequently and it became almost a default position. For example because his arch Foe Grundy could absorb the energy of his constructs he would internalize his power to make himself more of a brick and tank Grundy's attacks. He has just as many feats tanking powerful attacks without constructs as he has of succumbing to them.

If Alan is indeed completely immune from physical harm, even when in character, then I'll change my vote to the team winning. But, I'm not convinced that Alan is invulnerable to physical damage in-character.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One word: ION solos

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By myerlanski

Green Laterns...but Wally will make it tough....

Fastnoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns, only because Flash with morals isn't enough to take on all those lanterns. As much as I love flash, he doesn't win, but he puts up a good fight. Unless of course there is PIS, and Kyle thinks it's okay to punch instead of use his ring like a normal green lantern, which in that case Wally wins.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#49  Edited By kidman560
No Caption Provided

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By beatboks1

@willpayton:

If Alan is indeed completely immune from physical harm, even when in character, then I'll change my vote to the team winning. But, I'm not convinced that Alan is invulnerable to physical damage in-character.

I never said he was immune to physical harm. I said he can tank quite a bit in character, and only ever sustains extensive damage when he's weary, drained.

@beatboks1: Then I can easily say Wally wins by taking their speed as it causes no harm and Wally can do it much faster than either Lantern can think

Here's the thing, The Lanterns don't need to move to actually battle. He could make them complete statues and they can still fight back as to fight all they have to do is think. There is a pre COIE feat where Alan while disembodied defeated Krona. I doubt it's still canon but still that is one of many examples of what can be done with a lantern ring. There's also the fact that speed steal isn't so harmless all the time. I can recall one instance where Wally was reluctant to because it would have made Superman do amazing damage.