Lizard

No Caption Provided

Rules

Standard Morals

Current Versions

Win by K.O, Death, Incap or Submission

Lizard Persona enabled.

Arena

oppenents start 50ft away visible. Area clear of spectators. Who wins and why?
oppenents start 50ft away visible. Area clear of spectators. Who wins and why?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Venom

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Isn't Lizard way faster that Flash?

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pastepotpete1

@pizzaman: symbiotr did not give peter any additional superstrength if that's the case wit flash (meaning that he's just as strong as Spiderman )then lizard can win this

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Both have an incredible healing factor but the Lizard is superior in stats. However this is a mute point if he can't put Flash down. So its either stalemate or Lizard eventually takes it due to stats.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7 god_spawn  Moderator

Honestly, I think a case could be made either way.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jashro44

Lizard should be a lot faster but I'm thinking Flash might have the edge in damage output here. Doe he have his guardians of the galaxy weapons?

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Lizard doesnt have enough damage output to put down Flash while Flash does have the damage output to put that Lizard. Lizard should be only superior speed wise to be honest. Flashs durable, healing, strength, ect. are all greater than Lizards

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@strider92: Lizard doesnt have enough damage output to put down Flash while Flash does have the damage output to put that Lizard. Lizard should be only superior speed wise to be honest. Flashs durable, healing, strength, ect. are all greater than Lizards

agreed

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Lizard lose his TP thing?

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JetiiMitra: Idk why but i thought it was going to be Flash Thompson when he momentarily had Iron Mans armor lol

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By w0nd

@pastepotpete said:

@pizzaman: symbiotr did not give peter any additional superstrength if that's the case wit flash (meaning that he's just as strong as Spiderman )then lizard can win this

that's not the case anymore, and they no doubt reconnected that. Spock got an uprade and faught better and stronger with the symbiote. Flash took on the thunderbolts when he gave control to the symbiote, and he has more than once "Vulked" out. The only time he was limited was when the symbiote was "neutered" and in order to get the full effect of fighting and power he had to give control to the Symbiote once or twice.

they seem to just make it up as they go along with how the symbiote works.

and honestly what is the lizard going to do? bite and scratch him? He took on carnage and carnage is all about bladed weapons. His healing factor is just as good as venom's if not better. All of lizards attacks are close range, and getting close to venom is a big mistake.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't seem to.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nickthedevil said:

He doesn't seem to.

Even then, it's not a deciding factor now that I think about it. It would probably only serve to make Agent Venom wig out.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@nickthedevil said:

He doesn't seem to.

Even then, it's not a deciding factor now that I think about it. It would probably only serve to make Agent Venom wig out.

Thats true.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Connors is way faster than Flash, has comparable healing factor, and let's face it is physically more formidable. However Flash fights smart, and Lizard doesn't really have the means to stop Thompson. Flash can however use the symbiote to restrain Connors and his symbiote weapons give Flash a greater output. He cut Carnages head off, he can cut Connors' off. He just needs to be able to tag him.

This is either a stalemate due to Flash not being able to get a hold of Connors or Flash taking a narrow margin of wins.

Unless he's packing GOTG guns, but we don't really know what those can do yet.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Connors is way faster than Flash, has comparable healing factor, and let's face it is physically more formidable. However Flash fights smart, and Lizard doesn't really have the means to stop Thompson. Flash can however use the symbiote to restrain Connors and his symbiote weapons give Flash a greater output. He cut Carnages head off, he can cut Connors' off. He just needs to be able to tag him.

This is either a stalemate due to Flash not being able to get a hold of Connors or Flash taking a narrow margin of wins.

Unless he's packing GOTG guns, but we don't really know what those can do yet.

Two things. Carnage fights slower than Connor's so cutting his head off should be harder. Spider-Man physically struggled to restrain Lizard after stabbing him in the head with a harpoon, holding him down with webbing and his strength. Needless to say Flash restraining with Webbing is going to be hard unless he weakens him.

Glad people think this battle is close though, surprised it hasn't been done before.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Carnage does fight slower but that wasn't my point, symbiote are harder to cut than Connors' hide. So my point was Flash can take Lizards head off.

And I didn't mean webs, I'd imagine Connors could break them despite Flash's being stronger than Peter's. He has smothered targets with symbiote tendrils to hold them if they are fast (he did this to Carnage) and those are much harder to get away from. Those will hold Connors long enough (I doubt indefinitely) so Flash can land his shot.

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OreoAssassin

@laflux: It has. You actually commented on it lol

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way. I am more inclined to go with Conmors however.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Lizard.

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I didn't mean webs, I'd imagine Connors could break them despite Flash's being stronger than Peter's. He has smothered targets with symbiote tendrils to hold them if they are fast (he did this to Carnage) and those are much harder to get away from. Those will hold Connors long enough (I doubt indefinitely) so Flash can land his shot.

If Carnage fights at a slower speed than Lizard how can we assume that his Tendrils will catch him :P

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Young_Murloc

@dondave said:

Could go either way. I am more inclined to go with Conmors however.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Eh he has. He's outpaced Venom, Kaine, and Peter plenty of times. It depends on his level of crazy at the time.

And if Flash can't accurately, then you apply accuracy by volume. He's done it before haha.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Eh he has.

What does that mean :P ?

@laflux: He's outpaced Venom, Kaine, and Peter plenty of times.

Lizard would outpace Venom and Kaine, and he outpaced Parker fairly easily.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: It means Carnage has fought using speed plenty of times lol. He's just crazy and doesn't always fight smart. Lizard even as recent as No Turning Back has been shown that he can get tagged by Spider-Man level speed characters. Peter tagged him plenty in the sewers. So Lizard isn't constantly danced around fighting like Spider-Man. He's just as prone to a savage brawl, which will not help him against Venom.

If you want I could go into mobility advantages and everything in terms of analyzing the battle field, but I don't see the necessity haha.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By laflux

@laflux: It means Carnage has fought using speed plenty of times lol. He's just crazy and doesn't always fight smart. Lizard even as recent as No Turning Back has been shown that he can get tagged by Spider-Man level speed characters. Peter tagged him plenty in the sewers. So Lizard isn't constantly danced around fighting like Spider-Man. He's just as prone to a savage brawl, which will not help him against Venom.

If you want I could go into mobility advantages and everything in terms of analyzing the battle field, but I don't see the necessity haha.

Lizard fighting Spider-Man in the sewers was a different version from when he blitzed Peter.

In anycase I'm just trying to unfairly pick on you (like I tend to do in alot of Flash threads), so I let sleeping dogs lie. I don't really have an opinion on who wins the battle, hence why I made the thread.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eugene IMO.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Peter fighting Connors in the sewers wasn't a different version, it was in the same comic! Lol. It was in No TTurning Back, prior to taking the fight to the streets.

I know you are, and in truth this is one of the best match ups I've seen for Thompson ever. Lizard is a remarkable opponent so it would really test Flash's healing and output.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Peter fighting Connors in the sewers wasn't a different version, it was in the same comic! Lol. It was in No TTurning Back, prior to taking the fight to the streets.

I had a brain fail their.....

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He got the upgrade afterwards. He had to try a no formula which made him stronger IIRC.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I don't remember that part but it's been awhile since I read the issue. I'd re read it now but I won't be home for like 3 weeks. Vacation wooo!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I don't remember that part but it's been awhile since I read the issue. I'd re read it now but I won't be home for like 3 weeks. Vacation wooo!

So I was right all along.

Shame on YOU!!!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: No, I don't recall the bit at all and Jashro could very well be wrong.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: No, I don't recall the bit at all

He's right. I originally questioned myself because I thought I had transposed another comic fight where Peter was fighting Lizard in a sewer and got trapped in a similiar incidence to the Master Planner scenario. Obviously that version of Lizard would have been different from No Turning Back.

It makes sense too. In the Sewer, Peter was outmatched but still put up a fight. Afterwards, he just got straight up blitzed. Pretty drastic difference for someone with the same power-level.

@laflux: Jashro could very well be wrong.

This is Jashro44, and where talking about Spider-Man. Think about that for a second lol :P

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning Flash

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jashro44

@granitesoldier said:

They fought him in the sewers in amazing spider-man 688. Connors injected himself with a formula to undo the cure in amazing spider-man 689. In amazing spider-man 690 its revealed that his current formula isn't enough to make him the lizard again but he regenerates connors lost limb. In amazing spider-man 690 he adds mutant growth hormone to the formula. And in amazing spider-man 691 he is in a different form and Peter comments that he's changed appearance and he's stronger than he was before. This is from amazing spider-man 691 after Connors injects himself with the new formula.

No Caption Provided

Peter comments that lizard has changed. Lizard also says it worked to well and this is his final form.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@granitesoldier said:

They fought him in the sewers in amazing spider-man 688. Connors injected himself with a formula to undo the cure in amazing spider-man 689. In amazing spider-man 690 its revealed that his current formula isn't enough to make him the lizard again but he regenerates connors lost limb. In amazing spider-man 690 he adds mutant growth hormone to the formula. And in amazing spider-man 691 he is in a different form and Peter comments that he's changed appearance and he's stronger than he was before. This is from amazing spider-man 691 after Connors injects himself with the new formula.

No Caption Provided

Peter comments that lizard has changed. Lizard also says it worked to well and this is his final form.

Ah, well there you go. Still, afterwards Connors is incredibly mentally unstable which leads to Peter being able to inject him with the final serum that eventually restores Connors' mind. If the Lizard is mentally unstable then Connors is going to have a hard time with Flash. We don't know what he's like with Connors in control since he hasn't really done anything yet (get on that sh*t Slott! No one cares about Electro!).

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: The battle rules I stipulated state that the Lizard persona is in control. I should have added that he was stable, but I did intend for this to be the case.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Ah ok yeah I thought he was as usual as Lizard.

Well when it's all said and done I stand by my first post. Stalemate or Flash edges a win. Accuracy by tendril volume. Be nice if Bendis got a move on and showed us what Flash's new guns can do and had him start smashing ass.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well when it's all said and done I stand by my first post. Stalemate or Flash edges a win. Accuracy by tendril volume. Be nice if Bendis got a move on and showed us what Flash's new guns can do and had him start smashing ass.

Fair enough :P

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Yea Flash would win if Lizards mind was stable. As it stands I think it could go either way. Flash needs to tag lizard in a way thats fatal and Lizard needs to overload flashes pain tolerance.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: That's lame because unless you have your jaws popping out your tongue gushing out in and symbiote controls you dont jyou knocking to get any additional superstrength remember venom during the madness he took on the juggernaut I know that was so that's very strange I guess because vemon did so horrible holly wood box office that they wanted to give flash a chance