#1 Posted by Shiryu (2940 posts) - - Show Bio

Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond) is flying around and accidentally slams into Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner). Kyle challenges Ronnie to a fight. Both are bloodlusted.

Ronnie Raymond

vs.

Kyle Rayner

Who takes this one?

#2 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Lantern's have auto shields, it will play to Kyle's advantage

#3 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@BIackFlash said:
" Lantern's have auto shields, it will play to Kyle's advantage "
I don't know about the auto-shields thing, unless you're talking about Alan Stewart.

However, I think Ronnie can transmute that ring...
#4 Posted by Colossus666 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this is a tough one...I honestly dont know lol,  but I think firestorm has the advantage just because of his nuclear blasts.  And how fast is the Lantern??

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Colossus666 said:
"And how fast is the Lantern?? "
They can travel faster than light in space.
#6 Posted by Colossus666 (259 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"
@Colossus666 said:
"And how fast is the Lantern?? "
They can travel faster than light in space. "
Ok then if the fight is in space, ill have to give it to the lantern.  But on earth I dont really know.
#7 Posted by Sinestron (185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"
@BIackFlash said:
I don't know about the auto-shields thing, unless you're talking about Alan Stewart. However, I think Ronnie can transmute that ring..."

Did you Mean John Stewart or Alan Scott? Any way, I dont think he could transmute a green lantern power ring, unless I suppose the lantern had really weak will, but thats not Kyle. I do know firestorm is pretty strong, being nuclear powered and all. I have to go with Kyle with the win, but since he is no longer host to Ion, its going to be a tough win.
#8 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sinestron said:
"Did you Mean John Stewart or Alan Scott? Any way, I dont think he could transmute a green lantern power ring, unless I suppose the lantern had really weak will, but thats not Kyle. I do know firestorm is pretty strong, being nuclear powered and all. I have to go with Kyle with the win, but since he is no longer host to Ion, its going to be a tough win. "
I meant Alan Scott. Also, I don't see why the ring can't be transmuted. It's a solid state of matter, and Ronnie can transmute inorganic objects. Willpower is what controls the energy of the ring itself, but I don't think it grants it protection from matter manipulation.
#9 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
Firestorm could win here via Transmutation....
#10 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle.

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Firestorm has tried to transmute Oa'n constructs and technology before and failed... during the Circle of Fire storyline, he failed to transmute a construct of Kyles, proving that both the constructs and ring are alive, in any sense of the word...

Kyle for the win

M

#12 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
Well That Sucks...
#13 Posted by Sinestron (185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"
@Sinestron said:
"Did you Mean John Stewart or Alan Scott? Any way, I dont think he could transmute a green lantern power ring, unless I suppose the lantern had really weak will, but thats not Kyle. I do know firestorm is pretty strong, being nuclear powered and all. I have to go with Kyle with the win, but since he is no longer host to Ion, its going to be a tough win. "
I meant Alan Scott. Also, I don't see why the ring can't be transmuted. It's a solid state of matter, and Ronnie can transmute inorganic objects. Willpower is what controls the energy of the ring itself, but I don't think it grants it protection from matter manipulation."

It is never stated what type of metal/material the rings are made of. If it has the ability to communicate and interface with its wearer, then it must be more complex than a vast majority of all other metal/material out there. What Im saying is, that if the rings have A.I. systems and are able to create create constructs out light itself, then their composition might be more than normal and border super natural. If anything else I would have to say if they are simply a complex material created by a race of immortals, then it would probably go beyond Ronnies mortal human mind/abilities to transmute. This is not the strongest argument, I know, but it is how I view the situation.
#14 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sinestron said:
"It is never stated what type of metal/material the rings are made of. If it has the ability to communicate and interface with its wearer, then it must be more complex than a vast majority of all other metal/material out there. What Im saying is, that if the rings have A.I. systems and are able to create create constructs out light itself, then their composition might be more than normal and border super natural. If anything else I would have to say if they are simply a complex material created by a race of immortals, then it would probably go beyond Ronnies mortal human mind/abilities to transmute. This is not the strongest argument, I know, but it is how I view the situation. "
I saw the scan up there. You were partially right.
#15 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" Firestorm could win here via Transmutation....
"
Ronnie cant transmute biological beings
#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Methos said:
" Firestorm has tried to transmute Oa'n constructs and technology before and failed... during the Circle of Fire storyline, he failed to transmute a construct of Kyles, proving that both the constructs and ring are alive, in any sense of the word...

Kyle for the winM "
Crap. Kyle wins.

However, if this were Kyle vs. Jason, it would be different because he can transmute organic and inorganic objects.

#17 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

I think those shields protect against transmutation

#18 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kentaxx said:
" I think those shields protect against transmutation "
Not against Jason's, who doesn't have to shoot energy at a target to transmute it.
#19 Posted by NightFang (9871 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a tough one but man would be fun to see!

#20 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but Ronnie wasnt able to transmute the Oan energy
I know Jason can transmute organic beings, but would Oan energy be considered organic...??..

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kentaxx said:
" Yeah but Ronnie wasnt able to transmute the Oan energy
That's Ronnie's problem. LOL.

@Kentaxx said:
"I know Jason can transmute organic beings, but would Oan energy be considered organic...??.. "
Thus, Jason could transmute it.

#22 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats just the thing though
Other then Jason being able to transmute organic , dont he and Ronnie have the same power set?
I mean if Oan energy was organic then I would give the fight to Jason but....eh...

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kentaxx said:
" Thats just the thing though. Other then Jason being able to transmute organic, dont he and Ronnie have the same power set? I mean if Oan energy was organic then I would give the fight to Jason but....eh... "
They do, but Jason was upgraded. He did things that Ronnie couldn't do.
#24 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

So Jasons standard transmutation is superior to Ronnie's?

#25 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kentaxx said:
" So Jasons standard transmutation is superior to Ronnie's? "
Obviously, if one person can transmute things that another person can't. Self-explanatory. LOL.
#26 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

I meant standard transmutation, not organic, I was asking because you said Jason powers were upgraded

I think I see where you are getting at though

#27 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kentaxx said:
" I meant standard transmutation"
You mean elemental transmutation? If that's the case, it applies to organic and inorganic objects. Ronnie could only manipulate the latter, while Jason could manipulate both. Also, Jason has superhuman strength and reflexes, while Ronnie probably doesn't (from what I can remember). Thing is, Jason is closer to the Elemental aspect of the Firestorm Matrix because of Martin Stein's knowledge of Matrix and because he's merged with him (and Martin Stein was once an Elemental Firestorm). That explains Jason's added ability to transmute organics, superhuman strength, durability, and reflexes, different set of vision (quark, UV, microscopic, telescopic, thermal), and upgraded fusion blasts.
#28 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kentaxx said:
"
@King Saturn said:
"
Ronnie cant transmute biological beings "
What about the other version of Firestorm though...
#29 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"
@Kentaxx said:
"
@King Saturn said:
"
Ronnie cant transmute biological beings "
What about the other version of Firestorm though... "
I think they are using Ronnie in this fight
But after reading Statics post I would give this fight to Firestorm if they were using Jason
#30 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Gunna go with Kyle against Firestorm.

#31 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio
GL wins it
#32 Edited by atrocitustheferocious (182 posts) - - Show Bio

firestorm would change the green doods objects for a bit then green dood would hit him since he has learnt fighting styles in the lantern corps and blasts from his ring are too fast and firestorm can't fly away since green lantern is like 10 times faster at flying.

#33 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

Firestorm. Matter manipulation may give him a win.