User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lordraiden
Scarlet Thor said:
"Well I go with the Eternals here but barely
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

Firestorm, unfortunately aint experienced enough to make the difference for victory!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

Firestorm, unfortunately aint experienced enough to make the difference for victory!"
Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Light
Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Agony

atom and firestorm ftw

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scarlet Thor
Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

Firestorm, unfortunately aint experienced enough to make the difference for victory!"
........................"
And what is that supposed to mean?
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordraiden
Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

"

Are you referring to Vance?
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Scarlet Thor
lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

"

Are you referring to Vance?"
Yeah..........................................
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Anyone else?

Avatar image for loaded_revolver
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

"
It means that the last post is so weak..i'm not going to bother and give a response.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scarlet Thor
Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

"
It means that the last post is so weak..i'm not going to bother and give a response."
Why not?
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Scarlet Thor said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

"
It means that the last post is so weak..i'm not going to bother and give a response."
Why not?
"
Why am I going to argue when someone mentions experience when we all know unless your talking about the Teen Titans,Initiative,New Warriors,or Young Avengers...experience means nothing.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scarlet Thor
Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

"
Why not?
"
Why am I going to argue when someone mentions experience when we all know unless your talking about the Teen Titans,Initiative,New Warriors,or Young Avengers...experience means nothing."
So you are with the DC. That's fine.
I think experience is a factor since the Eternals live thousands of years but there are some other factor too, like mental abilities and durability (in the case of Firestorm) which make me go in favor of them.
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Scarlet Thor said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

"
Why not?
"
Why am I going to argue when someone mentions experience when we all know unless your talking about the Teen Titans,Initiative,New Warriors,or Young Avengers...experience means nothing."
I think experience is a factor since the Eternals live thousands of years but there are some other factor too, like mental abilities and durability (in the case of Firestorm) which make me go in favor of them.
"
If experience meant anything Black Panther wouldn't have beaten Karnak or Captain America,Daredevil wouldn't have beaten Sabretooth or the Gladiator,Spider-Man wouldn't have beaten Wolverine,The Sentry wouldn't have beaten Terrax and so on and so forth.The powers and how the user uses them is all that matters.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Scarlet Thor
Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

"
Why not?
"
"
If experience meant anything Black Panther wouldn't have beaten Karnak or Captain America,Daredevil wouldn't have beaten Sabretooth or the Gladiator,Spider-Man wouldn't have beaten Wolverine,The Sentry wouldn't have beaten Terrax and so on and so forth.The powers and how the user uses them is all that matters."
Could be but I already gave some other reasons why I believe the Eternals could win.
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Loaded Revolver
Scarlet Thor said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Loaded Revolver said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"lordraiden said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
More or less!

Vance Astro said:
"Atom and Firestorm."

"
Why not?
"
"
If experience meant anything Black Panther wouldn't have beaten Karnak or Captain America,Daredevil wouldn't have beaten Sabretooth or the Gladiator,Spider-Man wouldn't have beaten Wolverine,The Sentry wouldn't have beaten Terrax and so on and so forth.The powers and how the user uses them is all that matters."
Could be but I already gave some other reasons why I believe the Eternals could win.
"
Are you aware of what Transmutation powers do?
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Yeah. And Sersi is a level 5 in mater transmutation for the Eternals. She is able to manipulate organic matter while this incarnation of Firestorm can do it only in innanimate. Plus she and Ikaris can attack them mentally...

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the creator
Scarlet Thor said:
"Yeah. And Sersi is a level 5 in mater transmutation for the Eternals. She is able to manipulate organic matter while this incarnation of Firestorm can do it only in innanimate. Plus she and Ikaris can attack them mentally...
"
The Eternals cannot mentally attack the other pair.
Eternals can scan the surface thoughts of others but that it the limit of their abilities.

Here's the info from the OHOTMU on Ikaris,
Ikaris has low level psychic abilities, enabling him to scan the superficial thoughts of any mind less adept than his own. He can mentally create illusions so as to disguise himself. Ikaris can also psionically manipulate atoms and molecules so as to transform an object's shape. However, Ikaris is only a second-level adept on a five level scale (the fifth level being the highest) in this discipline.

Capt Atom is far stronger and harder to damage than the Eternals pair. He has after all proven able to fight Superman level beings.
Firstorm has been shown to effect matter changes on a very large scale, larger than what Sersi has performed.
Also, Firestorm's matter control powers do effect his body (not others) and so he can neutralise Sersi's powers being used on him.

The DC pair would seem to have a higher power level than the Eternals.

So Firestorm and Capt Atom for the win.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the creator said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Yeah. And Sersi is a level 5 in mater transmutation for the Eternals. She is able to manipulate organic matter while this incarnation of Firestorm can do it only in innanimate. Plus she and Ikaris can attack them mentally...
"
Eternals can scan the surface thoughts of others but that it the limit of their abilities.

Ikaris has low level psychic abilities, enabling him to scan the superficial thoughts of any mind less adept than his own. He can mentally create illusions so as to disguise himself. Ikaris can also psionically manipulate atoms and molecules so as to transform an object's shape. However, Ikaris is only a second-level adept on a five level scale (the fifth level being the highest) in this discipline.

Capt Atom is far stronger and harder to damage than the Eternals pair. He has after all proven able to fight Superman level beings.
Firstorm has been shown to effect matter changes on a very large scale, larger than what Sersi has performed.
Also, Firestorm's matter control powers do effect his body (not others) and so he can neutralise Sersi's powers being used on him.

"
Agreed.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scarlet Thor
the creator said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"

"
OHOTMU is usually not that updated. Ikaris is shown in the past to be able to alter personalities or sedate an opponent. So he can mind affect them alright.
As for Firestorm more powerful than Sersi.... Well she was able to hold the universe together when it was collapsing. Isn't that enough?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Scarlet Thor said:
"the creator said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"

"
OHOTMU is usually not that updated. Ikaris is shown in the past to be able to alter personalities or sedate an opponent. So he can mind affect them alright.
As for Firestorm more powerful than Sersi.... Well she was able to hold the universe together when it was collapsing. Isn't that enough?
"
The last OHOTMU was published in '06.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Scarlet Thor
Vance Astro said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"the creator said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"

"
"
The last OHOTMU was published in '06."
I know and still it isn't that accurate...
I was sorry as a fan
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"the creator said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"

"
"
The last OHOTMU was published in '06."
I know and still it isn't that accurate...
I was sorry as a fan
"
What have you found in it that isn't accurate?
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scarlet Thor

I just gave an example about Ikaris. He can do more than read surface thoughts.
And of course it never analyses   the whole powers of a character... Let's see Thor for example.
Anyway I just posted what the Eternals can do based on comics and not on the Handbook

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Scarlet Thor said:
"I just gave an example about Ikaris. He can do more than read surface thoughts.
And of course it never analyses   the whole powers of a character... Let's see Thor for example.
Anyway I just posted what the Eternals can do based on comics and not on the Handbook
"
iF Ikaris can do better than that..prove it.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Scarlet Thor
Vance Astro said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"I just gave an example about Ikaris. He can do more than read surface thoughts.
"
iF Ikaris can do better than that..prove it."
Will you buy me a scanner?
Seriously it was in an old fantastic four comic I think. If you think I'm lying there is no need to continue this conversation.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"
Seriously it was in an old fantastic four comic I think. If you think I'm lying there is no need to continue this conversation.

"
I didn't ask you to show me scans I asked you to prove it.Something can be proven without scans.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Scarlet Thor

I told you what he did... I don't remember the exact book but I can find it. Affecting your opponents personality and emotions can be helpful in a battle. It's something like what Starfox does. Plus they both can create illusions and can teleport that's another plus for the eternals.
By the way... great avatar

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Scarlet Thor said:
"I told you what he did... I don't remember the exact book but I can find it. Affecting your opponents personality and emotions can be helpful in a battle. It's something like what Starfox does. Plus they both can create illusions and can teleport that's another plus for the eternals.
By the way... great avatar
"
Thanks.I was only pushing it because the creator is going to come back looking for a debate and since you denounced the handbook which is what his source was..he's going to want an explanation.I only know of Firestorm and Captain Atom from what I heard so honestly I can't argue for them I just have heard some outlandish things about their powers.I like Sersi and Ikaris so if you can prove they win kudos to you.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the creator
Scarlet Thor said:
"the creator said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"

"
"

In most of their more recent appearances, the Eternals have not controlled the minds of others, not the extent of performing true mentalism feats (like Prof X).
In their older adventures more mental feats were shown.
For basing the level of Sersi's power, I look at all her appearances, not just the higher end feats, to base that decision on.
She has also been KO'ed by opponents far weaker than Capt Atom.
Holding the universe together - was that from her appearances in the Avengers ?
Can you put more detail in to the description as holding a universe together is a feat beyond many cosmic powers.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Scarlet Thor
the creator said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"the creator said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"

"
"

In most of their more recent appearances, the Eternals have not controlled the minds of others, not the extent of performing true mentalism feats (like Prof X).
In their older adventures more mental feats were shown.
For basing the level of Sersi's power, I look at all her appearances, not just the higher end feats, to base that decision on.
She has also been KO'ed by opponents far weaker than Capt Atom.
Holding the universe together - was that from her appearances in the Avengers ?
Can you put more detail in to the description as holding a universe together is a feat beyond many cosmic powers.
"
Yeah she did it in an old avengers book when Nebula used a weapon that could destroy reality. She kept a part of the universe together with her powers. So it is a comon phenomenon that more powerful characters can be beaten by less powerful ones. that doesn't say much. And I do say the truth when I say that Ikaris has the ability to affect minds. He may not use it often but the ability remains....
And as I said teleportation and illusion casting can help too
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the creator
Scarlet Thor said:
"Yeah she did it in an old avengers book when Nebula used a weapon that could destroy reality. She kept a part of the universe together with her powers. So it is a comon phenomenon that more powerful characters can be beaten by less powerful ones. that doesn't say much. And I do say the truth when I say that Ikaris has the ability to affect minds. He may not use it often but the ability remains....
"
I remember the Avengers comic now.
The scope of her action however was not as great as holding an entire universe together as your first posting suggested.
Ikaris has used the power over minds but that was way back in Jack Kirby's run on the original Eternals comic.
Ikarus has not really employed that ability much since. The characters have been altred now so we shall see soon (I hope) if this still lies within the scope of their powrers.
As for teleporting, Eternals find this very uncomfortable to perform and so they rarely use it. I also don't see much use for this in combat as they have in the past only used on others when they themselves are teleporting somewhere.
The illusion casting is minor but has usually run to them disguising their appearance and clothes.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Scarlet Thor
the creator said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Yeah she did it in an old avengers book when Nebula used a weapon that could destroy reality. She kept a part of the universe together with her powers. So it is a comon phenomenon that more powerful characters can be beaten by less powerful ones. that doesn't say much. And I do say the truth when I say that Ikaris has the ability to affect minds. He may not use it often but the ability remains....
"
I remember the Avengers comic now.
The scope of her action however was not as great as holding an entire universe together as your first posting suggested.
Ikaris has used the power over minds but that was way back in Jack Kirby's run on the original Eternals comic.
Ikarus has not really employed that ability much since. The characters have been altred now so we shall see soon (I hope) if this still lies within the scope of their powrers.
As for teleporting, Eternals find this very uncomfortable to perform and so they rarely use it. I also don't see much use for this in combat as they have in the past only used on others when they themselves are teleporting somewhere.
The illusion casting is minor but has usually run to them disguising their appearance and clothes.
"
I know about the uncomfortable feeling when they teleport but they can apply it if it is a mater of life or death. Sersi has used her illusions to show people images so they can be used to mislead an opponent. As for her feat yeah she was not holding the entire universe but she was the only one to resist Nebula's weapon and it was because of her that the universe was saved so it counts as a considerable feat for me. I know the DC guys are pretty tough too and it would be a close fight but I can see the Eternals win 6/10 if they use everything they've got
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock

BUMP.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock

BUMP.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lordraiden
Vance Astro said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"

"
I didn't ask you to show me scans I asked you to prove it.Something can be proven without scans."

Well, he did just tell you it was in an older FF issue  :-)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This thread pisses me off.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers