Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By iLLituracy
@Amegashita said:
" @iLLituracy:  Really?  I definitely need to go reread that series.  "
I have scans. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
In the very pages after Iceman's supposed "win" over Oblivion, Mirage explains that it was all part of "Oblivion's Dance." Then afterward, Oblivion effortlessly consumes Iceman. I'd post Iceman's whole monologue about love and the following pages but they're pretty lame, but all that happens after those pages is that Oblivion supposedly, due to Iceman's babbling while being consumed, understands love and releases Iceman and either releases him from his realm or warps reality to keep his bargain. It's pretty unclear which of the two it is. 

Though, there's this, too. Oblivion telling Iceman that he only holds form after his father's death in his past due to him and his ability to take that away if he felt like it. 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By czarny_samael666

Firelord stomp both rounds.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Backflip

Hmmm....

Ignoring my personal bias for Iceman, I'm going to have to say Firelord. The instance with Spiderman was pure PIS, so we ignore that. But. yeah, his Power Cosmic does exceed Iceman's mutant powers. If this were Nova (Herald), I'd probably give it too Iceman.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By termiteone4ever

I really had to ask When Iceman got that powerful :)  THanks to all the viners with the scan:) almost got me searching Iceman older comics.
Well firelord got this for sure:)

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By difficlus

Firelord both rounds stomp! 
i dont know where people are getting "ice man freezes his blood from", this guy is a friggin herald!

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By termiteone4ever
@charlieboy:
How did mystique beat iceman LOL this is funny. I remember thread where they argue to a stalemate beteen superman vs iceman claiming he  can't be hurt  nor he can hurt superman so its stalemate so how did mystique pull of this feat from the great iceman.:) 
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By Amegashita
@termiteone4ever:  It was mostly CIS.  Iceman was in love with her, and on multiple times Mystique took advantage of that.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By iLLituracy

There were instances where he wasn't in love with her. For example, after she was revealed to be a traitor and part of the Marauders--Iceman and Cannonball confront the Marauders and put a beating to them until Mystique and Sinister. Iceman tries to escape and he and Mystique are alone and he's pretty much beaten, held at gunpoint, and about to be killed by Mystique [mind you, this issue was written by Mike Carey, and in previous arcs Mike Carey re-established Iceman's ability to reconstruct himself in the same comic and the Marauders among others were aware of these new abilities yet they still entrusted her to KILL Iceman which suggests she has the mean to do so]. In this encounter, she merely fires off a few shots in the air outside of the rest of the Marauders' line of sight, allowing them to think that she executed Iceman when she actually let him escape. The fight portion of this was basically off panel, but he and Cannonball did get taken down by Mystique and Sinister.

There was the story in Manifest Destiny, as well, where he spent the whole story fighting Mystique and she nearly killed him a couple of times to my recollection. One of the means she almost killed him with was with a neural poison that basically made him lose the ability to stay constituted as ice. Of course, Iceman came to learn that Mystique, in some twisted way, was supposedly trying to help him and not hurt him. He gained abilities such as learning how to control convection currents and how to filter out toxins from his body. 

That's twice where Mystique could have potentially killed Iceman where she didn't want to.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By charlieboy
@iLLituracy:
thank you. for explaining the oblivion thing. and how mystique beat bobby. and do people really think that iceman can take on superman? that seems a bit silly.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Freefa11
@Amegashita said:

" @charlieboy:  I have so more feats for Iceman.  Feats like flash freezing a nuclear explosion, reaching degrees of -220 degrees Celsius easily while preventing Cable from being flash frozen, preventing fire type users from using their powers, defeating Johnny Storm.  Bobby has some great feats, just that nobody really pays attention to them. "

The idea of freezing an explosion is pretty stupid, and Firelord should have more power than most nukes anyway. -220 celsius is only 53 kelvin, while space has a temperature of about 4 kelvin. Human Torch is so much weaker than Firelord that beating him means nothing in this contest. Venom has defeated Human Torch. 

Edit: Didn't read far enough to see the stuff with Oblivion has already been addressed.
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By tensor
@iLLituracy: good job on the scans iceman trolls got busted lmao
FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firelord wins. He just too strong and fast for Bobby.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firelord.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By spiderbuck1

Bobby owned Thor and froze the entire planet. That's a heck of a feat too.

Iceman ftw.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firelord.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ice Man should win.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire-lord should win comfortably but I'm not sure if he can put Bobby down for good

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. Iceman

2. Draw