Firelord Ozai vs Amon

• 82 results
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rogueshadow: I don't accept that blood bending is an absolute, all the bending arts are supposed to be equal, and only the benders ow skill determines the victor

Skill does not always determine the winner. Amon has an attack that can literally end the match in a second. Due to plot, he toyed with them, talked to them etc. He could have easily broke them in half. There is not plot here. Ozai will not see him move because Amon can attack without moving. Even powered by the comet Ozai needed many attempts just to get through a rock formation Aang built. Bloodbending is a trump card.

@loumast said:

No one thinks Ozai would be able to resist quite a bit more due to being empowered by the comet?

Why would the comet help Ozai resist blood bending? How do you resist blood bending? Is it tied to your power?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rogueshadow: I don't agree with him resisting it, so fine, let's agree to disagree. How will Mako getting lucky equate to Ozai being able to resist bloodbending?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: I don't agree with the premise that he got lucky, have you gone back and watched that part yet? Mako clearly forces his hands against Amon's will. He just does, it's clear that's what he's doing, I'm not suggesting some epic display of power where his whole body manages to overwhelm blood bending. I said before, maybe when concentrating on a certain part of the body, the rest becomes slightly less vulnerable to the process, or maybe Mako's force of will is just that strong.

Ozai could, depending on the distance just blitz him with endless fire out of his dodge radius that he probably couldn't stop with his water bending [Since he has 1 feat] and Ozai was the most powerful firebender in the world.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@pooty: One of the premises of the show was that no bending art was naturally more powerful,and that the victor was determined by his/her own skill. I wasn't stating that as an opinion, I was saying I was angry that the show writers have given water bending an instant win. When I said, I don't accept it, I meant I think they might add a clause to blood-bending, since it's so OP.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Ozai could, depending on the distance just blitz him with endless fire out of his dodge radius

I doubt it. Remember Amon was a professional at dodging. He dodged attacks while running toward you. He dodged attacks from inches away. Amon's ability to dodge and his ability to blood bend without moving give him the win IMO.

When I said, I don't accept it, I meant I think they might add a clause to blood-bending

I think Amon and his brother were the only people who could bend without a full moon. since they are dead, I doubt we'll see much bloodbending anymore. Bloodbending was outlawed i think.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rogueshadow  Moderator

@pooty: Amon can't dodge this

No Caption Provided

And It just irks me that Water bending has this all powerful move, simply moving on isn't enough for me [I'm obsessive about this type of thing] I want a resolution to equilibrate he 4 bending arts.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By StrictlyAnime

One thing everyone should consider is that Ozai has NO idea what Bloodbending is, hes never show that he knows what it is, and hes never faced a Bloodbender. He is going to be absolutely dumbf*cked when Amon starts controlling his body, he isn't going to know whats happening. If you remember the scene at the end of Last Airbender when Aang in Avatar state was calling him out, he was absolutely terrified to the point of not even trying to escape. Why? because he never had to deal with something like that before.

No Caption Provided

Fear is a powerful thing, and the fear of having you body controlled by something you've never faced is going to trip him out the worse than when Aang almost killed him.

Amon can either kill him via neck snap like Yakon tried to do to Aang, or just take away his bending.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Amon can't dodge this

True. but he wouldn't have to. Amon would stop him mid movement.

simply moving on isn't enough for me [I'm obsessive about this type of thing] I want a resolution to equilibrate he 4 bending arts.

LOL. just can't move on. I understand. sometimes things just get under your skin. In your opinion, What moves could the other 3 styles have that equalize the styles?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 rogueshadow  Moderator

@pooty: That's why I said depends on the starting distance. 2 feet away, to be honest yeah Amon probably would stomp, I was just getting carried away with my anger.

The moves could be:

Lung bending - A very dark application, appropriate since the peaceful monks probably never would have discovered this.

Mineral bending [Bending Iron in the blood, or other minute metallic minerals]

Lightning could be enough, since it can be a one shot kill. But only if there's a limited resistance to blood bending as with Mako.

Also, I really want to see some none Avatar Energy benders, and an air bending villain.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I think the new season starts in a few days. I wasn't blown away with the first season. The original raised the bar so high. I would like Katarra to tell stories about them as teenagers and young adults.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@pooty: Starts this Friday at 7 pm est.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pooty
MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I don't agree with the premise that he got lucky, have you gone back and watched that part yet? Mako clearly forces his hands against Amon's will. He just does, it's clear that's what he's doing, I'm not suggesting some epic display of power where his whole body manages to overwhelm blood bending. I said before, maybe when concentrating on a certain part of the body, the rest becomes slightly less vulnerable to the process, or maybe Mako's force of will is just that strong.

Ozai could, depending on the distance just blitz him with endless fire out of his dodge radius that he probably couldn't stop with his water bending [Since he has 1 feat] and Ozai was the most powerful firebender in the world.

I actually rewatched the whole series over the weekend, and I know what happens. As a matter of fact, if you rewatch it, it looks more like Amon is just simply trying to push his body from his torso to stay on the ground. He could have possibly lifted his arm on his own and Amon could've possibly lifted his arm for him. That's debatable. And it agrees with your focusing on one part of the body argument, but then again, I already said that they don't necessarily have to bloodbend the entire body, so maybe Mako's arm was free to move, and was only under the pressure of moving due to the rest of his body being forced down.

Amon can bloodbend with his mind, so he doesn't have to move his arms in order to bend you to his will, only look at you at most.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: That's why I said depends on the starting distance. 2 feet away, to be honest yeah Amon probably would stomp, I was just getting carried away with my anger.

The moves could be:

Lung bending - A very dark application, appropriate since the peaceful monks probably never would have discovered this.

Mineral bending [Bending Iron in the blood, or other minute metallic minerals]

Lightning could be enough, since it can be a one shot kill. But only if there's a limited resistance to blood bending as with Mako.

Also, I really want to see some none Avatar Energy benders, and an air bending villain.

I like those ideas, especially the mineral bending, but the earthbenders themselves would have to have knowledge of it to even attempt it.

I was thinking airbenders could just suck the air out of your lungs, or remove the air within a 20 feet radius and leave you there to run gasping for air.

It only makes sense that bloodbending is the most lethal since humans are made of 50-75% water, and that much of you is being bended to the benders will.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon. Seriously?

Avatar image for ultimateavatard
UltimateAvatard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm, Ozai gets bloodbended. There's nothing to say he can resist it.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol i was kinda scared to bump a 9 month old thread with only 2 comments, but now the threads in it's second page :D this is my first successful bump ever

SwagBender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SwagBender
Avatar image for crimson-feather
Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai's only chance would be if they start laughable far away from each other.

ProbablyASphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon stomps before it is even a fight. He is honestly one of the strongest things in Avatar

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon shouldn't have too much trouble honestly.

ShoXMirajane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you give Ozai prior knowledge about amon and his abilities, then Ozai stomps. If ozai knows how blood bending worked, then he would stay at range and then ragdoll

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 cocacolaman  Moderator

50/50

nibba314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon with mid difficulty. I'd say low diff but Ozai's comet amp is going to give him a bit of work. Amon can bloodbend from quite a distance away, as proven in a flashback, a pack of wolves are running away, but Amon (or Noatak) pulled them back with bloodbending. If the starting distance is as marginal, Amon can easily close the distance (he's dodged lightning point blank, fire and withstood the strength of Master Tenzin's wave of air) and destroy Ozai. Amon 8/10, at least.

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DrunkHC

Ozai is more powerful: Firepower, destructive power and range of attack but Amon has HAXs.

Ozai power and range/AoE

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ozai can win in a long-distance combat plus flight if he had knowledge about bloodbending without knowledge Amon wins

Avatar image for deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c
deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai has a lot of raw power and AOE, but bloodbending is...well, pretty powerful. I don't think Ozai can win unless he gets lucky via fire breath or something while Amon is pinning him.

Amon probably like, 8-9/10.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 cocacolaman  Moderator

Ozai exhales and calls it a day

Yourmom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Yourmom123

Amon can blood bend Ozai in a good distance and all he can do is cry like a bitch.

No Caption Provided

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cocacolaman  Moderator

Ozai opens his mouth and one shots

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who strikes first, assuming Amon knows he has to kill Ozai immediately and that Ozai is in range. Either Ozai uses his firebreath right off the bat or gets bloodbent.

The longer Amon stalls the more likely Ozai can get a blast in, but if they're in range and since morals are off, Amon may just pull his head back and snap his neck.

ElissaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon can blood bend Ozai in a good distance and all he can do is cry like a bitch.

No Caption Provided

God help me I can't stop laughing-